PS3 YLOD repair suggestion. =*(

def PD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hi everyone.

Recently my launch 60gig PS3 bit the dust and gave me the YLOD (while it was Folding).

I'm a little hesitant on trying to fix the thing myself after having watched some repair videos (on Youtube from gilksy1) and would prefer not to shell out the $150+ for a repair and the off-chance of me not getting MY specific PS3 back.

I haven't back-up any of my saves since July '09 (when I upped my HDD to 500gigs) and don't want to lose my 100+ hours of game saves and go through the pain of having to redownload EVERYTHING (as well as call Sony to re-license the SingStar songs).

My question to you, fellow PS3 CAGers is this: Have any of you used a 3P repair company for your repair? I've done some research and found a company called gophermods in MN that seem pretty reputable.

Any feedback or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

On the plus side of all this, with my PS3 game time nil, I can now focus on my backlog of Wii games and working on music, as well as re-establishing my social life. LOL

Thanks in advance. =)http://www.youtube.com/user/gilksy1

I fixed one myself a few times, really easy. There is a thread around here if you look for it. But If I was you I'd go with some others suggestions and fix it once then find a way to sell it.

Is the YLOD almost always from the CPU & GPU coming apart from the board, correct?

I don't want to go through the trouble of fixing it putting it back together to only find out it could possibly be a blown power supply, fan, etc.

bread's done
Back