PS3s Everywhere in Dallas, TX

shaneatlh

CAGiversary!
I just came from multiple stores in Dallas. 4 Best Buys, 2 comp usa's and 2 Fry's in Dallas. I have seen over 20 Ps3s available at both best buys. The gamestops I went to had at least 4 PS3s and comp usa's had at least 10. Frys has around 15 but they must be bought in a bundle. Looks like Sony is not going to be the leader in next gen although the Playstation 2 is outselling all consoles. I know last year when the xbox 360 came out you could not find one in a store at holliday at all unless extremly lucky like I was, Then it broke 7 days later(unlucky). Anyways I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about the overabundance of PS3s on shelves and if other people in different cities are experiencing the same thing. Laterz
-Shane

[quote name='Kendro']I think the sudden spike can be attributed to droves of scalpers returning the PS3 to stores.[/QUOTE]

Or, more likely, people have realized that the system isn't worth buying. That's a pretty strong statement when you launch with under 200k units and they're sitting on shelves. DURING CHRISTMAS.

When will people finally accept that the PS3 launch was an absolute disaster. Not a disaster in context, not a disaster considering this or that, just a complete, total, abysmal, failure.

My TRU sat on 3 units (two 60GB and one 20GB) all day Friday, with not even an inquiry. The 20GB had been returned early in the day, probably by a scalper that realized the profitting period had passed.

bread's done
Back