PS4 Controller

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Anyone think there will be drastic changes to the controller? I was looking at the new Wii U one and thought that would have been a good design for the PS4. I personally never had too many issues with the DS3, but I know a lot of people who prefer the 360 over the PS3 simply because of the controller. I think Sony could benefit a lot if they made some changes like making it bigger and changing the L2 R2 triggers.

Well, seeing as they've had the same controller layout since PSX days, I really doubt it. It's a solid gamepad but I don't know if it's the fact that I've used it for a decade or not. Having the Analog and the D-Pad switched over really makes no difference IMO. I can play a game on the 360, and then play a PS3 game and not really feel much difference.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Well, seeing as they've had the same controller layout since PSX days, I really doubt it. It's a solid gamepad but I don't know if it's the fact that I've used it for a decade or not. Having the Analog and the D-Pad switched over really makes no difference IMO. I can play a game on the 360, and then play a PS3 game and not really feel much difference.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Either people are really over-exaggerating when it comes to that or I'm amazing.

I can't stand the PS3's analog stick placement. It is not comfortable at all and puts a strain on my hands after a while. I got tired of my 360 console and got a PS3 instead, but I immediately had to get a 360-style controller to even play the games.

Before even having a 360 console I played the PS2 for years, and it remains my favorite console. After playing with a 360 controller though, I can't go back to the dualshock design. Another thing that I don't understand is why most PS3 games have you scope and shoot with LI, RI and not the L2 R2 triggers. Why even make them triggers? They aren't being used nearly as much as L1 R1. Which, I may add, is also uncomfortable to me.

For me it has nothing to do with the placement of the D-pad. I can pick up the controller and play for both systems relatively fine. My issue with the PS3 controller is the shape. I got used to it with the PSX because that was the only system I had and I was younger with smaller hands. The PS2 I was able to use because I was so used to the PSX. Now with having played the 360 I find the PlayStation controllers uncomfortable. The shape is what does it for me. I do get used to it but it takes some time. If they do redesign the controller I hope they don't reconsider the batarang.

I'd like them to make the controller a bit bigger. Something like the Eggsbawks Duke Controller.

Not really always thought the smartest move they made was keeping it the same but I've always found the 360 controller to be fucking annoying as hell to use.

I don't think there will be any kin of drastic change. Remember the boomerang controller and the uproar that caused? Really the only company to constantly change controllers and just say deal with it has been Nintendo.

I just hope that the current DS3 model will also work with the next PlayStation.

Nintendo is doing right by the consumers by allowing you to use your wii remotes you already have on the Wii U and not forcing people to invest in an entirely new fleet of controllers/accessories.

DS3 is fine as-is. Doesn't need to be any bigger, doesn't need to have the layout changed... Sony will stick with it until they feel they need a drastic change, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

[quote name='Mixer236']DS3 is fine as-is. Doesn't need to be any bigger, doesn't need to have the layout changed... Sony will stick with it until they feel they need a drastic change, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Is rather see them put development money into using the NVIDIA Kepler graphics set.
Yeah I know its too late, super improbable, but [in my dreams] they could keep the coding the same and just let wave 2 of games take advantage of the better power, like how pcs work( based on OS and scalable to card capabilities), so its possible.

bread's done
Back