PS4 ebay buyers beware

nabuch

CAGiversary!
Don't know if this is the right place for this, but anyone bidding on ebay should be aware of humongously jacked up shipping prices.

Now, I know no one here is so stupid as not to look; however, check this out.  There are 3 bids, the highest 6 cents, that ends in a couple hours.  That person will be thrilled when he wins it for 6 cents, lucky for him, though, that his credit card won't except it, because his credit line will be to low.  The shipping charge is $125,000.00!

There are others, though, not so lucky, as they think they are paying 3-4 hundred, not knowing the shipping charges are between 5 and 7 hundred.

Since ebay allows this kind of stuff, they deserve to be taken when people do charge backs.  And they wonder why there reputation is so bad.  I don't know, but I'll bet you never see this kind of thing on Amazon.

At any rate, P.T. Barnum was right, There is one born every minute.

Also, some people are a little more honest, just asking between 5 and 10 thousand with free shipping.

Wrong forum but yes I hope nobody is this dumb. Worse are the BOX ONLY listings. I saw one sold the other day sell for like $400. Easy to miss with the excitement of getting a cheap PS4 or Xbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I would point out that Sony is refusing to fix broken PS4s without the original receipt.  So if you are buying this make sure someone sends a receipt. 

I thought ebay stopped the ridiculous shipping cost scheme years ago.
I think they just changed it so they calculate the shipping charge into the final value fee that the seller has. That put a stop to people avoiding fees using penny auctions with a whatever ridiculous shipping charge that counted for the actual cost of the item.

The problem would be if you bought a PS4 or XBOX ONE and it was broken on arrival.... most sellers probably have no returns on these. Sony or MS won't take them back without receipt as mentioned. But ebay would almost certainly side with the buyer if someone did get a broken system.

bread's done
Back