PS4 Games to get on release

kaos424

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Hey guys,

I went and preordered my PS4 today and preordered Battlefield 4 LE and Infamous: Second Son with it. Just curious what games everyone else is preordering with the system? I am highly considering switching out Battlefield 4 with something else but just not sure what. I'm intrigued by The Order and Knack. Possibly CoD:Ghosts.

What are you guys going with on launch day?

The Order sadly is not a launch title. Neither is Second Son (it's launch window, which can be up to 6 months after launch and that's if it doesn't get delayed) Right now it looks like the launch lineup will be Knack, Killzone, Drive Club, ACIV, COD Ghosts, Watchdogs, Skylanders Swap Force and the usual assortment of sports titles. Knack looks fantastic, but I;m not 100% that and a bunch of games I can get on current consoles is enough to pick it up at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Order sadly is not a launch title. Neither is Second Son (it's launch window, which can be up to 6 months after launch and that's if it doesn't get delayed) Right now it looks like the launch lineup will be Knack, Killzone, Drive Club, ACIV, COD Ghosts, Watchdogs, Skylanders Swap Force and the usual assortment of sports titles. Knack looks fantastic, but I;m not 100% that and a bunch of games I can get on current consoles is enough to pick it up at launch.
Well that's disappointing. I was under the impression that Battlefield 4 would be available for launch too. Is that true or should I definitely switch that out? I want a couple games at launch not one at launch and one a few months later. :p

Watch Dogs looks great and the new NFS looks to be a launch title, at least gamestop is taking preorders for the bundle, and the video looks great (although its not gameplay)

Sony exclusive games... The rest will be on Steam.
I'd rather have my games without DRM.

I wasn't planning on pre-ordering any games, but I'll probably buy Watchdogs and possibly Killzone shortly after launch. I'm definitely willing to pay $400 for the system, but not $60 for the games. If I don't see it cheaper I may buy Watchdogs for $60 and then sell it after beating it (since PS4 games have that ability).

Going to hold off as I know some retailer, most likely Target, will have a B2G1 shortly after launch. I already have Killzone paid off however.

Need one game to play while I wait, lol.

Probably pick up Watch Dogs, CoD Ghosts and Knack if there is a B2G1.

Yeah I'm leaning more and more towards holding off till there's at least a giftcard offer or something. I'll give it a couple months before I decide whether to cancel or not though.

I was going to pre-order the PS4 but I will probably have a couple best buy gift cards later this year and I don't know if it's possible to retroactively add those on so my credit card gets charged less so I'm not going to pre-order and I don't wait in line for console launches.  Guess that means I'll have to wait until holiday 2014 or 2015?  I might still do a pre-order at Best Buy though I"m wondering how reliable their instore pickup would be for something like that considering that I've had about 3 experiences in the past where they fucked me with games.

Right now I'm going back and forth between Watch Dogs and Knack. Killzone looks cool but I haven't played the others and I will already have a shooter with BF4. 

I'll buy Fifa 14 as it should be a launch title and I can play the hell out of it until there is either a sale or someone else catches my eye.

Hopefully I can continue my record with Fifa and amazon or someone will offer a preorder discount making it effectively 40-50 then I play it till about the last month of the season (which is MAY damnit, get on the proper schedule MLS...) and trade it in for 30

I'm not pre ordering any games,so I will wait for instore/online sales on them to happen after they are released.

If i need a game faster then ebay where the newest used games will be 20% off like always will be an option.

So I will probably be playing PS+ drive club for a while.

Knack looks kinda fun though, and I will probably get suckered into buying Madden again. But all games I buy will be used. Games just do not hold much value anymore and I have enough things sitting on my shelfs.

I haven;t played fifa in a long time, I used to like winning eleven , dunno if that is even being made anymore.

Watchdogs looks like it will be the most impressive, technically speaking, with how they are using the PS4 tech. There aren't many games like it either, so it should feel like a fresh, new generation experience.

I'm not pre ordering any games,so I will wait for instore/online sales on them to happen after they are released.

If i need a game faster then ebay where the newest used games will be 20% off like always will be an option.

So I will probably be playing PS+ drive club for a while.

Knack looks kinda fun though, and I will probably get suckered into buying Madden again. But all games I buy will be used. Games just do not hold much value anymore and I have enough things sitting on my shelfs.

I haven;t played fifa in a long time, I used to like winning eleven , dunno if that is even being made anymore.
ok, i havent heard anything about this, so drive club is going to be free?

I will definitely get Killzone. I'm not sure about a second game yet.

Knack looks good and so does Watch Dogs. Whatever I don't end up buying will go on the Xmas list.

For the question about Drive Club, there will be a version that is free to PS+ subscribers. It will likely not include all cars and tracks though.

Going to hold off pre-ordering any games until I know for sure what is coming out. I would like a game like Battlefield 4, but with no guarantee of the userbase on launch, I may just wait on that.

Most interested in Killzone and Watch Dogs, but will have the PS+ version of Drive Club for sure and will probably pick up some of the indie titles.

Watchdogs looks like it will be the most impressive, technically speaking, with how they are using the PS4 tech. There aren't many games like it either, so it should feel like a fresh, new generation experience.
I hope it's not how Uncharted: Golden Abyss was for Vita. A big ass tech demo.

I really want Knack but I feel like it will drop in price not too long after launch....

Personally I'm not really sure what I want to get :/

I wasn't going to get a next gen console for a year or two but because of the shit MS is doing I'm buying a PS4 this holiday.  That said, the only game I'm getting is Watchdogs.  I would get Killzone but I"ve never played the series before so I'm not paying full price.

Amazon has a trade-in deal where if you trade $10 worth of stuff you get a $10 credit (in addition to the trade credit) to apply to a bunch of different preorders including PS4 games (but also PS3, 360, Wii U, Xbox One). 

I was thinking of grabbing Knack.  I would probably do NBA 2k14 but for some reason it isn't in the list (while NBA Live 2014 is).  Things can change through August 31st (when you have to use the coupon code) but I will probably want to pick a launch title up with that so we have something besides the PS+ freebies to play.

Knack is riskier in that I really know nothing about it.  NBA 2K14 is a safe bet since my son would want it for PS3 or PS4 anyway and I might as well get the PS4 version for the same price.  Infamous would have been a good one too but that isn't a launch title.  I'm not sure Watch Dogs is my kind of game (at least not at $50-$60).

You know what I can totally use to justify getting Knack though?  The fact that I can beat it within a few weeks of launch, and then SELL my copy on Amazon or eBay to get back most of the cost (probably $45 or so).  Yeah...

I'll be grabbing Killzone, Knack, Watch Dogs, and AssCreed 4.  I'm also pretty excited for War Frame and curious what other free to play games will be there at launch.  And then most of the Indie games look great too.

I'm grabbing Watch Dogs.  The Order and Daylight looked interesting to me too, but I guess they are not a launch day titles :cry:

With regards to Knack, SCE Japan Studio makes some really good games, but yeah it is a bit of a risk which is kind of part of the fun about a launch title. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Japan_Studio

I'm not really sure what games I'm getting on release since I don't know what games will be available at release. I'm definitely getting Killzone and Infamous. If I end up getting this job and having to move out of St Louis, then I'd love to get Madden Anniversary (assuming it comes to PS4) for the NFL Gameday so I can still watch the Rams play. 

I'll probably end up getting Knack too, but I don't know if I will get it on launch day. I'd really like to get it before the end of the year if at all possible because it looks fun and different. I also love Assassin's Creed, so I think I'll get Black Flag for the PS4 for the enhanced graphics. I've never actually played a Battlefield game, but I keep hearing stuff about it that I think I may give that one a try as well.

I think I've decided on Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs. However, there is a lot of time between now and release, who knows what I'll actually end up with. Safe bet is probably a lot of debt.

The best thing about the move to digital will be the ability to buy whatever games are available at launch directly on the console even if no physical copies are available. As long as you are alright without being able to resale. Lol I buy a lot of games digitally anyhow, but I reserved a copy of Watch_Dogs. I think that title is going to sell really well.

I was hoping Destiny would be a launch title, but as long as they can get it out Q1 or Q2 of 2014 I'm still sold on it. It looks like a great game!

Watch Dogs, Killzone 4 and either BF4 or Ghost depending on what my friends decide to get.

Knack looks interesting but I'm not sure I would drop $60 on it. Also, keep in mind that BF will be around the corner so there will be a few deals on top of the usual GS B2G1 at that time of year. 

Watch Dogs, Killzone 4 and either BF4 or Ghost depending on what my friends decide to get.

Knack looks interesting but I'm not sure I would drop $60 on it. Also, keep in mind that BF will be around the corner so there will be a few deals on top of the usual GS B2G1 at that time of year.
I highly doubt there to be any BF deals on next gen stuff.

Knack, tome, looks like a PS4 version of Kameo: Elements of Power.  I dont say this disparagingly as I really enjoyed Kameo.  Knack looks like a simple-ish puzzle platformer where you will use a different version of 'Knack' to complete each level, much like Kameo.

But yeah, while I'm extremely likely to get a PS4 at some point (because, you know, Kingdom Hearts 3), I dont see much of a reason to snag one at launch. The *only* thing I could possibly get disappointed by is if the PS3/360 version of Watch Dogs turns out to be utter trash compared to the XB1/PS4 version.  If we're just talking toned down visuals/textures, I'm okay with that.  If we are taking serious gameplay integration, then that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.  Though, if it's that bad, I just may go ahead an cobble together a gaming rig (which had been my initial plan all along). Time will tell.

tl;dr - Knack looks like an enjoyable,yet completely forgetable, puzzle platformer. Something that could only survive as a launch title.

COD Ghosts, Watchdogs, are day one
I am weary about Ghosts now that I think about it.

It will be waaaay to easy killing people with the 360 scrubs learning a new controller, or a ghost town because of limitations to launch. As always, CoD SP is moot. Will probably remind me of Perfect Dark Zero. I played with the same people probably over 100 times it felt like before "fresh blood" came around. For a while there I was ranked 6th for infection.

I wish someon start a poll so we get some ideas. Lots of the non-exclusive games reply depends on how many people will play on PS4. 

I've also got $10 from Amazon trade in and debating on getting a PS4 title. I'd get the Order 1886 and FF 15 if they are there. For the rest of the titles, I have no idea whether they are worth getting on PS4 on day one even with the $10 discount. I guess if there are lots of people playing COD on PS4, it's a good idea to get it. Same for BF4. But if more people are playing them on Xbone, I'd rather get them there when the price dropped - who would buy them at $60 when you can't resale it easily?

Also, will PS4 also support 64 people playing together in one game in BF4? That's so cool! 

I wish someon start a poll so we get some ideas. Lots of the non-exclusive games reply depends on how many people will play on PS4.

I've also got $10 from Amazon trade in and debating on getting a PS4 title. I'd get the Order 1886 and FF 15 if they are there. For the rest of the titles, I have no idea whether they are worth getting on PS4 on day one even with the $10 discount. I guess if there are lots of people playing COD on PS4, it's a good idea to get it. Same for BF4. But if more people are playing them on Xbone, I'd rather get them there when the price dropped - who would buy them at $60 when you can't resale it easily?

Also, will PS4 also support 64 people playing together in one game in BF4? That's so cool!
Yeah. I feel you on the poll idea. I am unsure about COD now or wait till some kind of sale. I am definitely picking up Killzone myself as I could see that being a big seller for at least the base of fanboys out there. Prepping for an ass whooping when I get online too, lol.

Retail Launch

• Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Knack
PSN Launch

• Planetside 2 *Free 2 Play*
  • DriveClub *PS+ edition*
  • The Witness
Third party games I'm holding off, until we learn about how they will deal with used games.

Third party games I'm holding off, until we learn about how they will deal with used games.
Makes sense, but with the way Sony announced that they were supporting used games (with the game sharing ad) any third party that put restrictions on them at this point would look really terrible. Ubisoft may or may not continue to have an online pass for the multiplayer portion but I don't expect anything past that.

Makes sense, but with the way Sony announced that they were supporting used games (with the game sharing ad) any third party that put restrictions on them at this point would look really terrible. Ubisoft may or may not continue to have an online pass for the multiplayer portion but I don't expect anything past that.
I'm not really that concerned they will do anything crazy since Sony is sending a clear message on used games for their platform, but it would still be wise to wait for third parties to discuss the details for their games. I am interested in getting Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs, just that they are published by EA and Ubisoft. If you you frequent CAG enough, you will know that those 2 publisher's games don't really hold their prices long after release especially during the week of Black of Friday. ;)

does anyone know if FIFA 14 is a launch title for ps4? also I'm getting BF4, Killzone, Watchdogs and FIFA 14(if its a launch title) on first day :p.

bread's done
Back