PS4 + PS Vita for $499.99

kart007k

CAGiversary!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21FjbNEChg

Be on the look out for an official announcement soon. I think this is definitely happening.

Would they lower the price to 100$ for the vita when this deal is out

I'd probably just keep my PS4 preorder.

I just can't see myself using a Vita much.  Just no interest in playing PS3 type games on a small screen.  My 3DS XL is great not because it's portable, but because it was a cheap way to get my Nintendo fix without shelling out for a Wii U that would gather dust in long stretches between releases I care about (as I only like a bit of Nintendo's stuff).  Plus it's not like they're pushing cutting edge graphics anyway, so their games don't beg to be played on a big screen with surround sound like stuff like Uncharted does.

This would be a good move if they really do it. I'm skeptical, though. A Vita for $100 is quite a drop even if its a bundle. The Vita is great. I like mine a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The odds of this happening are nearly null, since Sony has bigger and better fish to fry. First things first, this WHOLE RUMOR is LARGELY based off people thinking that Sony should bundle the two together, since it just "makes sense". Another group of people think that remote play will suddenly make the PSV the single greatest thing ever and instantly get people interested in buying one (though I can't say I would care, since I never liked or cared for the PS3 version). 

Anyway, I don't think it will happen because it's not bad on so many levels. The first being, Sony should bundle the Camera and plus / game with the PS4 before they even bother bundling a Vita. This is because it would match the XB1 and offer consumers a slight value versus a system that can just do things remotely. Furthermore, a bundle at $500 is just too inconceivably good to believe is even possible. That would be $150 dollars off the MSRP for both, plus it would counter all the promotions Sony has done thus far. Take the GTA V bundle. That is $300 dollars, comes with GTA V and a month of plus. Now I can't really find a straight up PS3 for sale, but the older one GameStop lists was $250 and much smaller HDD. So you're paying an additional $50 for some storage space / a copy of GTA, which is a savings of maybe $40 dollars. Finally, a Vita bundle would be telling people that the Vita is nothing more than a fancy PS4 add on, when the reality is that they share a gimmicky feature. Sony should be trying to make the Vita successful on its own, not piggy back it with the PS4 in a vain attempt to make it live through the PS4's assumed success. Anyway, we would probably see people nit pick that they would still need a memory card to make real use of the Vita and we would probably see sites moan about how the bundle is actually a scam, since you would need a memory card (and of course you need a 32 gb at MSRP) and a year of plus (PS4 online / games). It just logically makes no sense, especially at $500 dollars and Sony's current situation. 

I'd probably do it. I have a my PS4 already paid off. I have already owned a Vita but got rid of it because I didn't play it much at all. I wouldn't mind picking up one again just in case some games I wanted to play come out, but nothing really interest me in it right now.

The odds of this happening are nearly null, since Sony has bigger and better fish to fry. First things first, this WHOLE RUMOR is LARGELY based off people thinking that Sony should bundle the two together, since it just "makes sense". Another group of people think that remote play will suddenly make the PSV the single greatest thing ever and instantly get people interested in buying one (though I can't say I would care, since I never liked or cared for the PS3 version).

Anyway, I don't think it will happen because it's not bad on so many levels. The first being, Sony should bundle the Camera and plus / game with the PS4 before they even bother bundling a Vita. This is because it would match the XB1 and offer consumers a slight value versus a system that can just do things remotely.
I really want this to happen, but I gotta agree with admiral.

There is no way in hell they're gonna give us a Vita for $100. Used Vita's sell on eBay for $170-$200. Maybe a $600 price point for the bundle is possible, but not $500. I'm still waiting for Gamescon to see if Sony announces anything for the Vita before buying my own Vita though.

And as for it making sense for Sony to bundle in a camera instead of a Vita to compete with the Xbone, that doesn't make sense either. They were originally planning on doing it but they scraped it because they realized it was a bad idea. Look how much flak the Xbone is currently getting for it and Sony may be put into a position where they are viewed like Microsoft for reversing an idea and reversing on reversing an idea to be like its competitor. Maybe they'll bundle in a camera down the line, but not before launch.

I really want this to happen, but I gotta agree with admiral.

There is no way in hell they're gonna give us a Vita for $100. Used Vita's sell on eBay for $170-$200. Maybe a $600 price point for the bundle is possible, but not $500. I'm still waiting for Gamescon to see if Sony announces anything for the Vita before buying my own Vita though.

And as for it making sense for Sony to bundle in a camera instead of a Vita to compete with the Xbone, that doesn't make sense either. They were originally planning on doing it but they scraped it because they realized it was a bad idea. Look how much flak the Xbone is currently getting for it and Sony may be put into a position where they are viewed like Microsoft for reversing an idea and reversing on reversing an idea to be like its competitor. Maybe they'll bundle in a camera down the line, but not before launch.
My comment about the camera was purely, if they were going to logically bundle anything, it would be that.

They should do this as a bundle
Ps4 system
Ps eye 2
PSP vita
Extra ps4 DS 4
PS+ year

For

$650 no less

Last edited:
Oh man. That would be awesome. I can't imagine how much money Sony would be losing on each sale though.

I been close to selling my Vita so many times and then I just keep reminding myself I got a PS4 paid off and want to wait and see how it all works together.

Lower price causes more demands means profiiit !! Nintendo had their lesson. Sony could do the same but they didnt, shame they demo'ed Remote Play of KZ3 but never released it to community, why I wonder?

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous this rumor seems. No way will they cut a $250 handheld down to $100, even if it means buying a PS4 as well. And they wouldn't bundle it with less of a discount either because a $600 bundle would suddenly make the whole thing sound crazy expensive and $550 wouldn't be much better. This rumor is wishful thinking at its finest.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this does end up being true (which I really doubt) I would no longer avoid buying a Vita.  Since I will likely be waiting until early 2014 at least to get a PS4, it would work well for me to get this and be able to play the mounting Vita backlog I have due to plus.

I won't bother to get my hopes up though.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous this rumor seems. No way will they cut a $250 handheld down to $100, even if it means buying a PS4 as well. And they wouldn't bundle it with less of a discount either because a $600 bundle would suddenly make the whole thing sound crazy expensive and $550 wouldn't be much better. This rumor is wishful thinking at its finest.
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing it happening.

It don't think it's impossible--the Vita is selling so bad Sony might be desperate enough to do it and take the losses in hopes of turning the Vita's fate around some, while also possibly upping PS4 sales a bit to help get a jump on the X1.

But I doubt it. I think it's more likely they just drop the Vita price to $200 and really market the remote play with PS4 stuff to try and ramp up sales.

I'd love to have Nintendo set up a bundle like this. Wii u and 3ds XL.
Why? Neither system has a thing to do with the other besides being Nintendo.

^ lol...

Anyway, the rumor is "around 500" not exactly 500. So it could be 550 or 575 for all we know.
By that logic it could be $475 or less too.

Lower price causes more demands means proiit !! Nintendo had their lesson. Sony could do the same but they didnt, shame they demo'ed Remote Play of KZ3 but never released it to community, why I wonder?
You have to make a profit in the first place to make a profit regardless of demand. I doubt the mark up on the Vita / PS4 is enough to STILL have a profit after discounting it by $150 dollars. They demoed it to gauge interest in the upcoming PS4 cross play. Not the first time we've seen that, like how Lost Planet 2 was demoed on the Vita, yet there is nothing saying we will get it besides Play-Asia listing it.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing it happening.

It don't think it's impossible--the Vita is selling so bad Sony might be desperate enough to do it and take the losses in hopes of turning the Vita's fate around some, while also possibly upping PS4 sales a bit to help get a jump on the X1.

But I doubt it. I think it's more likely they just drop the Vita price to $200 and really market the remote play with PS4 stuff to try and ramp up sales.
The Vita sales are getting better, so it's not like they're running out of time. They really just need to bundle it with a memory card (8+gb) maybe a month of plus and lower memory card prices. The high memory cost combined with Plus constantly taking up more space has people waiting for cheaper cards.

@JOdou

Who cares then why did u come in this post just to say that get a life

Last edited:
bread's done
Back