PS4 - Republique $12.97 @ Amazon

• Award-winning Game: Seattle-based Camouflaj developed the game and has received numerous awards including "Excellence in Storytelling" from the International Mobile Gaming Awards.
  • Thrilling, Topical Stealth-Action: Players expand control over surveillance cameras and network-enabled devices, growing into an active threat to the Overseer and his grip over his shadowy nation.

Sounds like a rip-off of Watch_Doges.

Probably a dropper so I'll wait for Masterkyo to come in and tell me he's been watching it and get mad at me.
giphy.gif

It's not like Splinter Cell, even though it is stealth. It was originally made for iOS and remade for console. Got pretty good reviews, but check out reviews to see what it is about before diving in, it's not like your typical stealth game.

I got it as a rental from Gamefly and I'm playing it right now. It's really clunky trying to manage switching cameras all the time (you're basically pausing the game each time you want to switch cameras) and of course it's bogged down with the usual case of too many uninteresting collectibles. The AI seems dumb (at least it keeps it easy) and you hit the usual stealth game trope of spending a lot of time waiting for enemies to go through their set routes. Some performance issues when switching to some cameras (game hangs up for a few seconds) that can be annoying when the game can't decide which camera to automatically switch to when entering new rooms.

Not exactly the most glowing review but I'm at least giving it a few days of play before sending it back. It might be a game that works better on touch screens. Plus, I think I would like it better if I didn't have to control the main character, only the cameras. It feels like an average stealth game with a needless gimmick of being stuck with annoying camera controls.

Masterkyo, where you at?
I'm right here! Yes, i been watching it over a week now & holding off as low as possible. I figure someone will post this very soon. End up buy it right now no reason to waits 2 more weeks. Still 1 more PS4 games i wants and hopefully they let it goes lower $25-ish. Remember Do not put this titles on main POST "Nights of Azure". Only $32.XX right now give it 3 more days please..............:)

• Award-winning Game: Seattle-based Camouflaj developed the game and has received numerous awards including "Excellence in Storytelling" from the International Mobile Gaming Awards.
  • Thrilling, Topical Stealth-Action: Players expand control over surveillance cameras and network-enabled devices, growing into an active threat to the Overseer and his grip over his shadowy nation.

Sounds like a rip-off of Watch_Doges.
It's a stealth-puzzle game made by Ryan Payton, the American designer credited with having the gunplay in MGS 4 not suck. Left Konami afterwards to be closer to his sick mother.

A KickStarter success that came out on mobile as promised, did well, then went to PC and now finally PS4. Has Jennifer Hale and David Hayter doing major voicework.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a stealth-puzzle game made by Ryan Payton, the American designer credited with having the gunplay in MGS 4 not suck. Left Konami afterwards to be closer to his sick mother.

A KickStarter success that came out on mobile as promised, did well, then went to PC and now finally PS4. Has Jennifer Hale and David Hayter doing major voicework.
Your posts sold me on it, thanks!

bread's done
Back