PS4 with Infamous SS and 3 month PS Plus for $399.99 at Gamestop

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
PS4 with Infamous Second Son download and 3 month PS Plus for $399.99 at Gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-system/109942#bonusFeatures

Purchase a new PlayStation 4 and receive a digital download for inFAMOUS Second Son and a 3-Month PlayStation Plus membership for free!

Offer valid through 8/24/14.

Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code will be printed on your receipt at time of pickup.

The online ad leads you to believe this deal starts on 8/22 but it is actually available now.

Here is the ad: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SonyWeekend/default.aspx

The online ad also mentions $20 off a 1 year PS Plus membership with purchase of a PS4.  Not sure if it will stack with this bundle, but that's not a bad deal.

White Destiny bundle is pretty nice. Too bad it's not $400
The destiny bundle is $405 + tax, comes with at least $15 credit @ BB using the movers coupon. If done correctly the $405 can be reduced to $370 w/$10 credit plus being able to trade destiny in for $40-$45 if you don`t want it.

On the basic PS4 it`s only $360 with at least $5 credit & that could be further reduced to just $325.

Unless you`re restricted to store credit @ just one retailer not sure why anyone would be paying $400 OOP for a deal like this. Having up to $100 knocked off the system leaves plenty of room to score several games, 1yr PS+, accesories or combo of all. I doubt any BF will wind up beong better than some of the stuff that has already happened.

The destiny bundle is $405 + tax, comes with at least $15 credit @ BB using the movers coupon. If done correctly the $405 can be reduced to $370 w/$10 credit plus being able to trade destiny in for $40-$45 if you don`t want it.

On the basic PS4 it`s only $360 with at least $5 credit & that could be further reduced to just $325.

Unless you`re restricted to store credit @ just one retailer not sure why anyone would be paying $400 OOP for a deal like this. Having up to $100 knocked off the system leaves plenty of room to score several games, 1yr PS+, accesories or combo of all. I doubt any BF will wind up beong better than some of the stuff that has already happened.
wait, what? the destiny bundle is $450 everywhere. where are you getting these prices from?

wait, what? the destiny bundle is $450 everywhere. where are you getting these prices from?
He is taking the 10% off from the mover coupon. The BB credit, now I don't know where he is pulling that from or how it can be further reduced to $370. Mind explaining how to get that Enuf :dunce: ?

Probably the Best Buy credit card for another 10%? You do get $10 in RZ for pre ordering the Destiny bundle

Last edited by a moderator:
The movers coupons work on VGC so +$30 for 2 cards. That purchase results in at least $5 in MBB 2 weeks totaling $35.
Once you reduce the bundle to $405 pay using the VGC & cert $405-$35 = $370 w/$10 credit.

For the basic PS4 do the same taking $35 off the $360 so $325 if you just want the cheapest OOP.

YMMV but if you really don`t want destiny do everything except buy the bundle outright for $450, trade destiny in then return/rebuy the console.
The gc from trading in the game knocks another $40-$45 off the $370 so your true cost for the white ps4 drops over $100.

I think its a fair deal. I'd guess that InFamous, Knack, Killzone or TLOU will be Sony's Black Friday pack ins. They did go with TLOU and Batman AO last year for PS3, two fairly recent games. Maybe TLOU Remastered and InFamous for $299 this Black Friday? I know that sounds crazy but this is the same Sony that takes $70-$100 off the PS3 every Black Friday too.

Though its odd that they don't bundle a casual, family game like Lego Movie or something for the mass market. Always thought bundling M rated games was an odd move overall but good for older consumers. 

I'd fully expect the PS4 to be $299 with maybe a 1TB (or a middle ground, like 750GB) either between E3 or Gamescom in 2015.

Really wish the Destiny bundle was $399 since XB1 has Madden/Sunset bundles for $399. Would push a few friends to make the next-gen jump.

I'd fully expect the PS4 to be $299 with maybe a 1TB (or a middle ground, like 750GB) either between E3 or Gamescom in 2015.
Why? Sony is not having any trouble moving the PS4. In fact, they are expecting to sell more PS4 in 2015 than this year due to a larger library of triple AAA games coming out. I, too, would love to see a 1TB drive, but the only way we will see one in a PS4 is by putting one in ourselves.

I think its a fair deal. I'd guess that InFamous, Knack, Killzone or TLOU will be Sony's Black Friday pack ins. They did go with TLOU and Batman AO last year for PS3, two fairly recent games. Maybe TLOU Remastered and InFamous for $299 this Black Friday? I know that sounds crazy but this is the same Sony that takes $70-$100 off the PS3 every Black Friday too.

Though its odd that they don't bundle a casual, family game like Lego Movie or something for the mass market. Always thought bundling M rated games was an odd move overall but good for older consumers.

no way they sell it for $299 anytime soon at gamestop, it's already selling like hot cakes at $399

i think they could bundle in two of the games you listed, that's why i'm thinking about buying it today because infamous is the only one i want to play, i already played the last of us

no way they sell it for $299 anytime soon at gamestop, it's already selling like hot cakes at $399

i think they could bundle in two of the games you listed, that's why i'm thinking about buying it today because infamous is the only one i want to play, i already played the last of us
Play The Last of Us again! It's worth it. And the multiplayer is great right now. Lots of new blood, and everyone has all of the maps.

Play The Last of Us again! It's worth it. And the multiplayer is great right now. Lots of new blood, and everyone has all of the maps.
eventually i will but there are too many new games i have to play before it

i just bought the PS4, the gamestop worker told me initiially that the infamous and PS plus code wasn't being offered until tomorrow and according to the ad they had in store she was right because it's listed as starting Aug 22 which is tomorrow

she told me i could buy it today and then come back tomorrow for the code which i agreed to, but the code ended up printing out on the receipt anyway

eventually i will but there are too many new games i have to play before it

i just bought the PS4, the gamestop worker told me initiially that the infamous and PS plus code wasn't being offered until tomorrow and according to the ad they had in store she was right because it's listed as starting Aug 22 which is tomorrow

she told me i could buy it today and then come back tomorrow for the code which i agreed to, but the code ended up printing out on the receipt anyway
The ad is misleading because of the title that shows the 22nd. The fine print shows it started on the 18th.

Looks like the deal is also @ Amazon now.  

On the PS4 page there is a box that says: "[SIZE=.82em]Get a Free Game Download and PlayStation Plus Membership[/SIZE]
Purchase the PlayStation 4 console to receive a credit that can be redeemed for a free digital download of inFAMOUS: Second Son, and a free 3-Month PlayStation Plus Membership. Within 2 business days after your order ships, you will receive two separate emails with information on how to redeem your digital downloads. Offer expires at 11:59pm PT 8/24/14. Limit one per customer."

Looks like the deal is also @ Amazon now.

On the PS4 page there is a box that says: "[SIZE=.82em]Get a Free Game Download and PlayStation Plus Membership
Purchase the PlayStation 4 console to receive a credit that can be redeemed for a free digital download of inFAMOUS: Second Son, and a free 3-Month PlayStation Plus Membership. Within 2 business days after your order ships, you will receive two separate emails with information on how to redeem your digital downloads. Offer expires at 11:59pm PT 8/24/14. Limit one per customer."[/SIZE]
That's interesting. Nowhere does it say it has to be a new PS4. I wonder if you bought via Amazon Warehouse you could still get the deal.

Make it a disc copy of InFamous Second Son, a year worth of PS+, also include a disc copy of Killzone Shadowfall, and I might bite on this deal.

Assuming I want both Destiny and Infamous:SS, is this a better deal in terms of money spent than just getting the Destiny bundle? I've been having an internal debate all day. 

Assuming I want both Destiny and Infamous:SS, is this a better deal in terms of money spent than just getting the Destiny bundle? I've been having an internal debate all day.
Destiny bundle = white console with a physical copy of destiny
This bundle = basic black console with a downloaded copy of infamous

It just depend on which color you prefer system wise and if you prefer physical games or digital games

If I got the digital copy of Infamous and the 3 month of PS + from buying a used PS4 then I'd totally be down for buying a second PS4

I'm not sure I really care for the Digital version of Second Son, but if anyone wants to trade BBY credit or something for it on the cheap PM me.

I'll have Madden and Destiny soon so no rush. Do you guys think Infamous is a likely candidate to be in the $20 range on BF?

I'm not sure I really care for the Digital version of Second Son, but if anyone wants to trade BBY credit or something for it on the cheap PM me.

I'll have Madden and Destiny soon so no rush. Do you guys think Infamous is a likely candidate to be in the $20 range on BF?
I'd say so considering it's campaign only and the story isn't too extensive that you couldn't leisurely finish within a week.

The won`t sell a PS4 for $300 outright(no promo/price mistake/error) in 2015 at all Sony is committed to keep selling each console for profit going forward. Not sure how the reduce the cost by $70-$100. There will be a price cut based on their previous cut time frames max would be $50 more likely less. After recently announcing 10 million sold with MS in the 5-6 million range Sony is in nice wait & see position.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/333786-ps4-price-cut-early-2015-or-e3-15-ps4-too-early/

Really wish the Destiny bundle was $399 since XB1 has Madden/Sunset bundles for $399. Would push a few friends to make the next-gen jump.
If they`re gonna pass on the Destiny bundle for $405 for that they probably weren`t getting a PS4 in the 1st place.

Anybody know if bestbuy will match a deal like this?
Policy says no history says YMMV. As someone who`s gotten bundle pm`s before the issue is there`s more than 1 item being discounted & it`s free vs a price adjustment. Also, digital items are harder YMMV matches in general. The only way I could see getting your odds higher would be committing to the warranty but that added cost probably kills the effort for most. Go for instant gc YMMV pm`s on systems results are much better.

bread's done
Back