[PSN] Capcom Sale - 5 Weeks, 5 Games, 50% Off

Fuzzy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just saw this on the PS blog.

Here’s the sale schedule:

What a deal huh? You better jump on this because who knows when we’ll be able to do this again.

Just so there's no confusion, that's one game on sale for 50% off for each of the next five weeks. It's always nice to get a heads up for upcoming sales.

[quote name='Fuzzy']It's always nice to get a heads up for upcoming sales.[/QUOTE]

Got that right! Why spend more than you need to?

[quote name='onemorechanc']Got that right! Why spend more than you need to?[/QUOTE]
I bought Ratchet QFB a couple of days before it went on sale before. :(

Bought MvsC2 at launch, have at least two portable versions of Puzzle Fighter 2, have several good versions of Super SF2 Turbo (including SF4) and the other two were supposed to be lousy. It's unfortunately really. :sad oh well

I also bought MvC2 at launch, but it looks like I'll be picking up the Super SFII and Puzzle Fighter II games

:D Thanks for the info!

Dang, I'm conflicted between the HD remixes. Puzzle Fighter is cheaper, but finally having an online-enabled version of Super Turbo has been on my wishlist for a while.

Decisions, decisions...

Wow, you've got to love their little comments contest. Almost 15,000 teenage boys have entered.

I will look into MvC2; I already have SSF2THDR and the others don't interest me.

[quote name='chimpian']i will def grab puzzle fighter.
i love that game.
anyone have age of booty? worth it for $5?

thanks,[/QUOTE]

There's a demo for it online, I thought it was pretty sweet personally! Definitely worth the chedda!

How is SSF2HD? Wouldn't mind trying it out, but I didn't realize it was regularly $15. Might pick up Marvel vs. Capcom...

Also, how much is Quest For Booty, since someone brought it up? Just finished Tools of Destruction and liked it enough that I'll probably continue the story.

Just looked up MvC2 on PSN and it's still $14.99. Guess we gotta wait til later tonite for PSN update. Update sooner damnit!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='game_fanatic']It's not Quest for Booty, it's Age of Booty, a completely different animal. Quest for Booty is definitely not a Capcom release.[/QUOTE]
I think he knows that. He probably just asked about it because I mentioned buying QFB a few days before it went on sale in October. QFB is $15, and I could've gotten it for $10 if I knew to wait a few days. It's a fun game but it's really short.

[quote name='ShadowAgent']Just looked up MvC2 on PSN and it's still $14.99. Guess we gotta wait til later tonite for PSN update. Update sooner damnit![/QUOTE]
I really wish there was a set time for the PSN updates like the Nintendo updates.

I just checked and MvC2 is now listed at 50% off in the Playstation Store... So go nuts and start downloading it.

There are some other goodies on sale as well this week.

Ubisoft sale
Ends on 3/4.

* Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood – Old West Map Pack Sale (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
* Shaun White Snowboarding The Glamour Pack Sale (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
* Shaun White Snowboarding Target Limited Edition The Glamour Pack Sale (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
* Tom Clancy’s End War Faction Elite Pack Sale (now $1.99, original price $3.75)
* Brothers in Arms D-Day Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
* Price of Persia Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Sale (now $9.99, original price $19.99)

Also: Topatoi Permanent Price Drop (now $7.99, original price $9.99)

Anyone know does all of them have trophies?
1942 its a must get :3

• Game Features:
    • Classic arcade style gameplay with 3D HD graphics!
    • New Joint Strike attacks, weapons, and power ups!
    • Two-player local or online missions!
    • Top-down vertical shooter

I've been waiting for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix to go on sale for $10. At $7.49 it's a must buy.

[quote name='Fuzzy']I think he knows that. He probably just asked about it because I mentioned buying QFB a few days before it went on sale in October. QFB is $15, and I could've gotten it for $10 if I knew to wait a few days. It's a fun game but it's really short..[/QUOTE]

Exactly. THanks for clarifying for me. Hard decision at $15, considering I think that's what I paid for Tools of Destruction. I'll probably buy it regardless of price when A Crack in Time drops to GH (a year or two?) Got enough backlog already.

Back on topic, I think I might get both fighters... I've got two six-button Saturn pads I got before SF4 came out and I got rid of that a while ago. Would be nice to give them some purpose again :)

I've always wanted MvC2 because Tron Bonne is in it. Heck I bought Tatsunoko for full price because of Volnutt, for this price I might as well get MvC2... :D

Just to double check though...it is possible to transfer games to another PS3, right? The one my family has is my brothers and I never have access to it, so I haven't even signed up for a PSN account or anything....so my plan was to download the game now (well, I'll make my brother do it) and transfer it to my PS3 after I buy one eventually. Is that possible?

[quote name='TronB']I've always wanted MvC2 because Tron Bonne is in it. Heck I bought Tatsunoko for full price because of Volnutt, for this price I might as well get MvC2... :D

Just to double check though...it is possible to transfer games to another PS3, right? The one my family has is my brothers and I never have access to it, so I haven't even signed up for a PSN account or anything....so my plan was to download the game now (well, I'll make my brother do it) and transfer it to my PS3 after I buy one eventually. Is that possible? [/QUOTE]

You can have up to 5 PS3s sharing the same PSN account.

Heh, I planned on picking up Marvel vs. Capcom and missed it. I thought, for some reason, that SF2HD was a few weeks later and didn't check. It was the other game I planned to pick up and I missed it, too.

Oh well :p

When the store is updated. If it's anything like last week, it'll almost be Friday before the update. (Excruciating wait for MM10.)

[quote name='penetratingpincer']So they dont have a set time I guess...[/QUOTE]No, they don't. That's the annoying thing about the PSN store.

[quote name='kn00tcn']& the rush is for...?[/QUOTE]I'm in no rush but it's stupid that Sony doesn't have everything sitting on the server and ready for it to go live at the same time every week. If Nintendo can get something right when it comes to its online service then there's no excuse for Sony not to do the same thing.

the way it stands for alot of people is, well you get psn free online service and free online play. nintendo is free too but it doesn't offer as much when compared to psn and xbl. xbl has their stuff up by the early morning and with the psn store it varies when they update stuff so it sucks.

does the time change week to week on PSN releases? (i havent checked, i just go sometime later)

if it's always say, at the middle of the evening everytime, then technically it's on schedule

Great deal and all of these releases are great games and worth it IMO. I'd mos def pick them all up if I didn't already own them all.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='kn00tcn']does the time change week to week on PSN releases? (i havent checked, i just go sometime later)

if it's always say, at the middle of the evening everytime, then technically it's on schedule[/QUOTE]It's never the same time. Sometimes it's as early as 5pm EST while other times it's almost midnight.

bread's done
Back