Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Premium Edition - $31.49 - 30% Off

We Happy Few - $35.99 - 40% Off

PSVR

Prison Boss VR - $11.99 - 40% Off

Red Matter - $19.99 - 20% Off

PS4 Add-ons

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - Black Ops Pass - $39.99 - 20% Off

Have a good weekend.

I have Tokyo Xanadu EX+ physical, gotta say its pretty under rated. Its an action RPG and you'll probably find yourself dodge rolling like Dark Souls. You can have only 3 characters at a time in your "party" and 1 you actually play as, if you've played Agents of Mayhem you switch characters on the fly similar to that. Like Persona theres lots of social time you spend talking to NPCs around the city and seeing how they respond to changes in the story or their own personal lives. Then theres also bonding events with your allies. The playable characters all play differently enough from each other. And the main character isn't a silent protagonist or some overly cold angsty guy, or some overly naive and hot headed anime protagonist.

Thought I would throw my 0.02 in since I just recently beat the main story and know its fairly obscure.

In case anyone is wondering, and to add to what Dojorkan said, it's made by Falcom, so if you played the latest Ys, or have ever enjoyed the ToCS games, chances are you'll enjoy TX eX+.
The combat feels pretty familiar if you've played Ys VIII (diff. elements on diff. chars; long range/short range experts, magic/melee, etc.), and layers on the bigger attacks fairly well; The chars are a bit trope-y, but that should be no surprise to anyone who's ever played the genre  :razz: They're def not as fleshed out as the ToCS series, but that's not surprising with them trying to get this series going (it was stated that if the game sold over 50k copies, they'd def. be talking sequel, and it ended up selling over 150k, so keep an eye on it if you liked it. Falcom does take their time making their games, because they keep a smaller team, and don't let arbitrary timelines dictate what and how they make their games).
There are missables in the game, in the sense that on your first playthrough you can't do all the special talks you can do with friends (however, you advance the time yourself, so it's not like you have to rush to get them done before chapter end), and sidequests only last till the next big chapter point/ story point.

If you're going for the Plat, you def. want to talk to everybody at every turn, because you fill in a profile for most "important" chars (second playthrough mandatory), and you need those aforementioned special talks with everyone to fully fill that in.

I could keep rambling on, but this is already a lengthy post for but one game in the sale  :whee: 
Suffice it to say it's a decent game, a not terribly hard Plat (esp with a list/guide to keep track of who you talked to), and hopefully a more mainline Xanadu series in the making start off point.

P.S. I agree that it is underrated, in no small part because it came out on Vita first, so keep that in mind when playing the game on PS4. They did a good job not making the game look ported over, and added extra stuff to flesh out the story/side chars more.

I was considering Don't Starve Together.

Then, I discovered that I already own it.

Done here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shibuya Scramble is the only one I'm interested in. Good price but I feel like it'll go cheaper and my backlog says wait 🤔

Oof. Reminiscing the good ol ps3 flash sales, where prices were too good to pass up, even on the odd, unknown game. Now? Prices are marginal at best.

Company sees success -> becomes arrogant and overconfident -> takes consumer base for granted -> no longer sees success -> tries hard to win back affection -> company sees success -> rinse and repeat.

did you guys actually play the $1 games?

i think i wasted more money on that sale than any other one
Looking back on what I got now for less than a dollar each during those initial flash sales: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+, Galaga Legions DX, Star Wars Battlefront II (PSP), Katamari Damacy, Back to the Future: The Game, etc. I got some pretty good games for next to nothing, those really were the days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking back on what I got now for less than a dollar each during those initial flash sales: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+, Galaga Legions DX, Star Wars Battlefront II (PSP), Katamari Damacy, Back to the Future: The Game, etc. I got some pretty good games for next to nothing, those really were the days.
I've wasted much larger amounts of money on much crappier games. I don't know why publishers aren't doing these types of things more often with PS3, PSP, and Vita games since they could probably make some money from older games that no one will buy at full price. SMH.

bread's done
Back