PSN Japan GUNDAM BREAKER beta free

shinn

CAGiversary!
1158 mb so just over a gig. its new today as I was on JPN PSN yesterday and never seen nothing about it.

im stuck at 16 percent install , not good.

ok its working again. apparently you get to make your own models and then fight in real world locales, such as the place in japan where there is a real life size gundam on display. lol

here is a short review from gamefaqs.
Played the game for 25 minutes. Superficially it reminds me of Gundam Musou titles since you run around the map and fight enemy mobile suits until moving on to the next area.

1. Not as many enemies on the map.
2. You have two attack buttons. Square is a weak attack, Triangle is a strong attack. You use your ranged or melee weapon depending on your distance to the enemy you're locked onto. Jumping and dashing are mapped to the same button. You tap to jump, and hold down to dash.
3. Speaking of the enemy you're locked on to, you don't appear to have a choice, and I couldn't figure out how to switch your lock-on target. Annoying as s**t.
4. You have unlimited lives, but every time you die, you lose a random MS part acquired during the mission. So you could beat a level but not get a single part out of it.

After each mission you're taken back to the VR hanger where you can customize your mobile suit (head, body, arms, legs, shield, weapons, special attacks). You start out with a GM, but after the first mission I had RX-78-2 Gundam and some Zaku parts that I could customize it with.

I only tried out the single player missions, but there is an online multiplayer component in the beta.

During the two missions I tried, I ran into Zakus, Zaku IIs, GMs, RX-78-2 Gundams, Gundam MK IIs, Rick Doms, and Master Asia. There were two different sizes of Rick Doms, High Grade and Master Grade.​

-You can change your lock on by rotating the camera w/ the right analog stick. It's a clunky, unwieldy interface... but it exists.
-R1 + Square is special attack.
-You can't lock on at all or used ranged weapons if your suit loses its head.
-Full color customization & decal support
-Melee/Ranged combat determined by distance to enemy. (The big square UI element will tell you if you're in close range or not).
-Screwy interface--sometimes circle is select, cross is cancel; sometimes circle is cancel, cross is select.
-Virtually all of the menus have english text.

Thanks for the heads up about this. Reading what you said about the lock-on system it reminds me a bit of gundam: federation vs zeon for the ps2. I will have to check this out when I get home.

[quote name='shinn']
-Screwy interface--sometimes circle is select, cross is cancel; sometimes circle is cancel, cross is select.[/QUOTE]

most japan games on us consoles are like that. i played yakuza of the end and yakuza 5, imports, and this happens during certain times, so its not just this game

Thanks. Good to know Bandai still cares about Gundam in America... Oh wait..

The lock on is controlled by moving the left stick left to right. At least thats what I ended up doing and it shifted through the enemies attacking me.

Last edited by a moderator:
my friend is having an issue i was having and that was how to keep your parts after a match and NOT SELL THEM lol. just hit triangle i believe and youll keep them. (when the parts are shown to you. if your not careful you might end up selling the parts by accident. no worries though you can always play the mission again):applause:

Reviewed this on another site its actually pretty decent for what it is. Its no Gundam Battle Operation by far but I like it quite a lot.

[quote name='shinn']bump . even if i told one person about this game im helping the community lol[/QUOTE]

im playing it too. and it´s a pretty nice beta, but it´s a shame that this may not come stateside. hope it goes free to play like the last game.

[quote name='shinn']my friend is having an issue i was having and that was how to keep your parts after a match and NOT SELL THEM lol. just hit triangle i believe and youll keep them. (when the parts are shown to you. if your not careful you might end up selling the parts by accident. no worries though you can always play the mission again):applause:[/QUOTE]

So pressing X sells the parts? Oh god.... I've been doing that. What can I do with the in game currency? Seriously somebody who reads Japanese needs to make a guide or at least translate stuff.

Is it better than Battle Operation?

Any time I try to play BO, no one else on my team moves and I get destroyed. No idea.

bread's done
Back