PSN March Savings - $10 Back for every $50 spent (now - March 31st)

jedolley

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just saw this on PSN...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-get-10-for-every-50-spent/

What a start we’ve had to 2013! We here at PlayStation Network have no intention of slowing down anytime soon, and we have a great new promotion and a number of great digital titles coming your way starting next month.
Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! This means that if you spent $100 you’d receive $20 back at the end in April. Everything from games, movies and TV shows — anything that accepts SEN Wallet funds — is fair game. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.
We also have a number of brand new Day 1 Digital titles coming your way in March, and even better, they’re all available for pre-order starting tomorrow, February 26! Pre-ordering the titles gets you a free theme, and a number of the titles come with additional pre-order bonuses for PSN buyers.
Grabbing these titles is a great way to take advantage of this promotion, as every $50 you spend counts toward getting $10 increments back in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='B:L']I don't believe you understand what that word means.

And I am pretty positive that Sony feels the pains of lost sales, in aggregate. All you have to do is look at how the Vita is doing.[/QUOTE]

Did Sony force you to buy before they announced a promotion?

Oh my bad maybe I should of just said, There are way too many CRYBABIES on CAG these days.

Go buy a Xbox and enjoy Live!

[quote name='B:L']Touche.

Where did you contact PSN customer service? I'll try to see if I can get credit back through there. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I contacted them through their web form, but I can't see to find the link now. You can also call them at 1-800-345-7669, or hit them up on Twitter.

[quote name='jedolley']I contacted them through their web form, but I can't see to find the link now. You can also call them at 1-800-345-7669, or hit them up on Twitter.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, man! If I can also get the credit back, I'm totally racking up some purchases for this promotion, it's a pretty good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='B:L']I agree. I have contributed insight, links, analysis and info in this thread.

You... well... :cry:[/QUOTE]

You contributed a lot of bitching and that's all we see.

They have never never ever gave warnings for these promotions till the day it started. What if you had bought One Piece when it first went on sale 2 weeks ago, and they warned everybody of the promotion last week. Then you and everyone who bought One Piece when it first went on sale would bitch and then no one would buy anything the week before the promo, that wasn't going to end being on sale for, and wait to buy everything when the promotion began. Sony isn't Best Buy they aren't just going to let their customers run all over them. You should be thankful they started the promotion the week of the Gamer's Choice sale.

[quote name='B:L']I agree. I have contributed insight, links, analysis and info in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Hahahah.

By the way, since you know so much about business, what business school did you go to?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']By the way, since you know so much about business, what business school did you go to?[/QUOTE]

Converse argument from authority fallacy.

Here's a foresight for ya. Every game you're about to buy, will be on sale a few years from now. Is that a long enough warning for you? haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']Here's a foresight for ya. Every game you're about to buy, will be on sale a few years from now. Is that a long enough warning for you? haha[/QUOTE]

Shit I better start saving money.

(Except it actually doesn't apply to certain titles, namely specific Nintendo ones, and limited editions ;) )

If I use this opportunity to buy the Black Ops II season pass for $49.99, will that count as a $50 spending because I know that Sony will let it count for the 1 year ps+ membership. I just don't want to go to the trouble just to buy something else just to pass the $50 mark!

Dear Sony,

I have plenty of PS Vita games that I would be more than happy to purchase, however, I have run out of space on my memory card.

Please lower the price of your memory cards so I may purchase more games.

Signed,
Every PS Vita owner.

[quote name='jl_rival']If I use this opportunity to buy the Black Ops II season pass for $49.99, will that count as a $50 spending because I know that Sony will let it count for the 1 year ps+ membership. I just don't want to go to the trouble just to buy something else just to pass the $50 mark![/QUOTE]

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ngs-get-10-for-every-50-spent/#comment-821413
$49.99 will cut it. No worries.

But if you don't believe him, just toss in a .49 cent avatar or something.

[quote name='B:L']Converse argument from authority fallacy.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, so you got all that business knowledge out of your ass, that's what I thought.

Sorry for the trouble, shrike, and thanks for trimming the topic down.

[quote name='jl_rival']If I use this opportunity to buy the Black Ops II season pass for $49.99, will that count as a $50 spending because I know that Sony will let it count for the 1 year ps+ membership. I just don't want to go to the trouble just to buy something else just to pass the $50 mark![/QUOTE]

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...every-50-spent/comment-page-1/#comment-821413
$49.99 will cut it. No worries.

If you don't believe him, just toss in a .49 cent avatar or something.

Got DW7 Empires and Dawnguard, really didnt expect it to be 49.99. Whatever I guess, atleast they were nice enough to throw in the DLC.

Now I'm considering getting Fist of the North Star next week before the free DLC promo ends.....

I hope ps+ keeps giving free games/etc for PS4 and PS3 til 2016. lol. im good til june 2016, and i dont think i need anymore just to be safe. I would love it if they were giving freebies away for ps4 ps+ while i still don't own it but could 'purchase' them online like you can do with ps3/vita ps+ offerings. Then when I eventually get a ps4 it will have years worth of content already for me... but idk.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wow this sucks. I spent $33 on One Piece and the dlc 3 days ago. I doubt Ill spend $50 with AAA games coming out in the following weeks to come.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I did the exact same thing.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wow this sucks. I spent $33 on One Piece and the dlc 3 days ago. I doubt Ill spend $50 with AAA games coming out in the following weeks to come.[/QUOTE]

hooray for one piece fans! i was actually holding out on purchasing this until possibly the last day. glad i waited, now i can make it a part of my $50 purchase :]

[quote name='dgwillia006']Got DW7 Empires and Dawnguard, really didnt expect it to be 49.99. Whatever I guess, atleast they were nice enough to throw in the DLC.

Now I'm considering getting Fist of the North Star next week before the free DLC promo ends.....[/QUOTE]

yea, i was expecting it to be $40, might as well import it if i'm going to pay $50

[quote name='exaznkid']yea, i was expecting it to be $40, might as well import it if i'm going to pay $50[/QUOTE]

I'd import it, but my DLC wouldnt work. And I already have the majority of the costume packs (Only need to buy the newest 4 fantasy ones)

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Better spend it now cuz by December your old PSN games aren't gonna work on your new PS4[/QUOTE]

Ohhh shit, if only I currently had a console that they would work on!

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'd import it, but my DLC wouldnt work. And I already have the majority of the costume packs (Only need to buy the newest 4 fantasy ones)[/QUOTE]

do u mean the costume packs from dynasty warriors 7 and XL, i havent got any of those since I was waiting for the Empires release and i dont think i'll be buying DLC and if so i'll probably just make a Euro account

I guess now i'll have to wait a few weeks for my game to arrive, kinda wished i did this sooner tho

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ohhh shit, if only I currently had a console that they would work on![/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Better spend it now cuz by December your old PSN games aren't gonna work on your new PS4[/QUOTE]

It was dumb as the first reply. Still dumb now.

Do I have to purchase the $50 directly from the online store, or can I buy a $50 PSN card and extend PS plus? I have Best Buy credit that I would like to get rid of. This way I can also get the $10 credit.

you never have to buy money directly from psn store. i always just get credit from bestbuy/gamestop/amazon(when they sold it). go buy the $50 psn card at bestbuy and then buy ps+ on the store. that will work.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ohhh shit, if only I currently had a console that they would work on![/QUOTE]

It's as if people will get rid of their PS3 to get a PS4:roll:

[quote name='SuperMario64']It's as if people will get rid of their PS3 to get a PS4:roll:[/QUOTE]
Or when the PS4 comes out all PS3s will just disappear off the planet.

PS3 games not working on PS4 is a good thing. That means they will have to offer awesome PS+ stuff on PS4 to keep people subscribed to PS+. In for another year of PS+, you can't beat this deal.

[quote name='Bumslie']Or when the PS4 comes out all PS3s will just disappear off the planet.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyxmD_UAK4

[quote name='J7.']PS3 games not working on PS4 is a good thing. That means they will have to offer awesome PS+ stuff on PS4 to keep people subscribed to PS+. In for another year of PS+, you can't beat this deal.[/QUOTE]

Just to make sure, our PS+ will transfer to the PS4's version of PS+? I didn't think it was confirmed.

[quote name='affa']Yes, the ps store will treat a ps+ purchase as $50. it has not been confirmed that if you bought something else that is 49.99 it will count though -- only ps+ has been confirmed.

The cutoff is supposed to be 12:00 the morning of the 26th (some timezone, not sure which). so you probably won't get it. But you got Ninja Gaiden, so...[/QUOTE]

Shit.... i guess i can try to call them up and see if they can do it for me. I missed it by a few friggin hours >_

I very much doubt I'll buy $50 in games, but I clicked on this topic specifically to find out about the 15 month PS+ deal. Glad I waited until the last minute.

is there any place to but an instant 50$ PSN for cheap?
I want to renew my PS+ with the extra 3 months, and the 10$ will be nice.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The 3 months free offer originally stated that it would be available through March 4 so it would seem that there is a brief overlap of time in which they would stack...[/QUOTE]

I just signed up last week dammmmm

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Just to make sure, our PS+ will transfer to the PS4's version of PS+? I didn't think it was confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Its not. Sony hasn't said anything about their online infrastructure for PS4. There are even rumors that PS+ will not exist on PS4 (at least for a while like on Vita), and that Sony might do other pay-to-play-online plans ala Xbox Live Gold. Again, we don't know, so PS4 having PS+ is not guaranteed.

I'm currently trying to think of PS+ as a PS3 service only, but that's just me. Even then, if PS+ keeps giving us good deals and some good free games, I'm ok with $50 a year for it. This deal makes it $50 plus $10 back for 15 months of +, so much better.

This week's PSN update is a good one so this came at a good time. Retro/Grade and GTA: San Andreas easily brings me to $10.

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='Nimrodlic']is there any place to but an instant 50$ PSN for cheap?
I want to renew my PS+ with the extra 3 months, and the 10$ will be nice.[/QUOTE]
Not for cheap, but you can get an instant code for $50 from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstat...F8&qid=1361979662&sr=8-1&keywords=psn+50+code
Otherwise you can try the PSN trading thread in the master list section of the trade forum to see if someone is selling one for a few bucks off.

I want to renew my PS+ with the extra 3 months, and the 10$ will be nice.[/QUOTE]
I'll sell you mine, How much where you looking to buy it for?

Also, while not instant, but you can save 5% off of a PSN card at Target if you have a RedCard to use.

bread's done
Back