PSN Network Error

Back from class and no fix yet? Just an update from Sony with all of the issues we already know? Damn.

Just heard about the glitch and boy am I happy I got my slim because I would be some furious if I couldn't go home and play me some Heavy Rain

[quote name='Sito']Just heard about the glitch and boy am I happy I got my slim because I would be some furious if I couldn't go home and play me some Heavy Rain[/QUOTE]

I am furious for that very reason. I wanna find out what happens in heavy rain.

[quote name='WrexManor']Apparently dev kits have gone haywire as well. I think this spells delays for a lot of upcoming PS3 software as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh noes, one (possibly two) business day and weekend. Prepare for mass delay announcements.

Really people, come on. You can't play on one electronic device for a couple days. Yea, it is crappy, but everything will be ok. I all ready took my PS3 apart, so I guess I could try remove and replace the CMOS battery and see what happens. There is not much to lose considering my PS3 doesn't read Blu-ray disks half the time anyway.

If I put a game save on a memory stick, can I load it without problems on a new system? I know I should be able to but have just never had to do it. I'm wondering if this is the time for me to cash in on my two-year warranty from Wal-Mart that will be up in June. Not because I'm impatient, but just as an excuse to get a larger, newer system.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Oh noes, one (possibly two) business day and weekend. Prepare for mass delay announcements. [/QUOTE]
I'm sure most Developers have Sunday off too. ;)

Im sure things will be fine and SONY had better give us something besides a fix Im hoping a free psn game voucher.

[quote name='dallow']Should be all good in 3 hours when the internal clock gets past this invalid date.

6PM Central[/QUOTE]

I really hope this is true. I have a sealed copy of BFBC2 taunting me.

7 PM EST then?

So I finally got to the us playstation site and checked my trophies and luckily my borderlands trophies are still there. I'm just hoping when I was playing last night that my characters aren't corrupted. I would hate to lose 3 lvl 50 characters with this.

Lets hope this issue will fix itself since its been narrowed down or Sony puts a patch out. My monitor didn't come in today, but should be in tomorrow. *crosses fingers psn is back on by then*

[quote name='Interstella 5555']My phatty is effected, but I'm having no problems playing mgs4. and my games and trophies seem to be normal. No corruption here.[/QUOTE]

i believe mgs4 does not have trophy support. I think the game-launching problem is specific to games with trophy support.

[quote name='carbontiger']I could tell you[/QUOTE]
Snape kills Dumbledore?

This thread should be re-named, bored PS3 owners.

[quote name='Microshock']I really hope this is true. I have a sealed copy of BFBC2 taunting me.

7 PM EST then?[/QUOTE]
Should be.

2.5 more hours.

[quote name='Jodou']That would be called a woman.
fuck.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit you got me dude I have never seen a woman:applause:

I honestly thought it was one of those wallpapers they put on PSN like some FF chick.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I hope so. If this happens, there will be much rejoicing...[/QUOTE]
I don't know. We can't party like its 1999 anymore if the problem is fixed.

[quote name='dallow']Should be.

2.5 more hours.[/QUOTE]

So it's going to basically think the calendar is March 1st, which will allow everything work? Then the calendar will sync up and ...BFBC2 for me?

I don't want to wait till 7pm est and find out it was..for nothing

[quote name='Microshock']I really hope this is true. I have a sealed copy of BFBC2 taunting me.

7 PM EST then?[/QUOTE]

makes sense that was when my PS3 initially gave me the error.

lol I wanna go back to 1999...
The economy and the world were a better place. And the cars looked better then they do today. (some) and don't forget we had dreamcast!

nothing like pump the jam workout aerobics music. :)

[quote name='bjstucker']makes sense that was when my PS3 initially gave me the error.[/QUOTE]

I first got the error around 4 EST. I hope everything is fine for everyone at 7 EST.:pray:

[quote name='tsl141']Woo! My PS3 just arrived! I can't wait to stare and it and Heavy Rain while Sony figures this ish out![/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it's a Slim PS3. They aren't affected.

external.html

[quote name='tsl141']Used. I bought it off eBay haha.[/QUOTE]

Looks like he sold you a busted system... report the seller!

J/K. I was wondering about this kind of thing earlier... I am sure someone who didn't know what is going on was pretty pissed when they get their used system today. :lol:

Nah, a 40 GB is fine for me. I only really bought it for BD, The Show, and the occasional PS3 exclusive that I want to play. Other than that, I'll be using my 360 for gaming.

Haha yeah, I was thinking about saying something like that as a joke to the seller but I don't want to jinx my system already. I want to make sure everything is working first.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Looks like he sold you a busted system... report the seller!

J/K. I was wondering about this kind of thing earlier... I am sure someone who didn't know what is going on was pretty pissed when they get their used system today. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I forgot to swing by Gamestop on my way home today. I wonder if I can see the smoke from my house.

"A GameStop company spokesperson confirmed to IGN this afternoon it has no plans to halt its trade-in program for the older, non-slim PlayStation 3 units currently affected by a widespread error, which is believed to be linked to a bug found in the hardware."

so can someone tell me the exact time and day this happened and if its ok to use your ps3s now? also if your console clock did the switch does that mean your system is completly messed up ? well my clock did reset but as far as i could tell my trophies are still there and i was able to start up red faction without getting a trophy error message. not going to try and play it though guess ill wait until ther new"update" happens. shit timing though heres to hoping this gets fixed well before gow3 comes out.

also the reset date on mine is 12/31 not Jan 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could auto correct at 7 PM EST... if not we have to wait for Papa Sony to give us our allowance. And at 7 I will let someone else be the tester.

That would be sweet if they would give everyone a ps1 classic or something that was affected. So far 3 of my themes are corrupted but that is all. I heard someone say netflix wasn't working but mine is. I was just watching some man vs wild lol.

I really hope it comes back up at 7. I'll give it a try, I've already "lost" my Modern Warfare 2 trophies, so I don't know what else there is to lose. -.-

I'm just upset that it's saying that the copyright for all my stuff is invalid. Does that mean that I'll have to log in and download it all again? Because my WaW DLC was on my friend's account, and I don't want to have to bug him to let me get it.

Bah, things like this happen. I don't think they'll give us anything free since we aren't paying in the first place. That's enough of a reward.

If anything it just shows that my argument of consoles trying to do too much is a bad thing. All my classic consoles work perfectly. Now we have these damn HDD's, useless updates, patches, servers and security checking, each little part is another place for failure and the 'release it now and fix it later' mentality means they don't focus on quality assurance like they used to. I wish consoles would go back to just being consoles, I can do without the rest of these gimmicks.

[quote name='DPsx7']Bah, things like this happen. I don't think they'll give us anything free since we aren't paying in the first place. That's enough of a reward.

[/QUOTE]

So you didn't pay for your PS3?

[quote name='DPsx7']Bah, things like this happen. I don't think they'll give us anything free since we aren't paying in the first place. That's enough of a reward.

If anything it just shows that my argument of consoles trying to do too much is a bad thing. All my classic consoles work perfectly. Now we have these damn HDD's, useless updates, patches, servers and security checking, each little part is another place for failure and the 'release it now and fix it later' mentality means they don't focus on quality assurance like they used to. I wish consoles would go back to just being consoles, I can do without the rest of these gimmicks.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they had internet access in the old folks home.

I know I'm in the minority, but I couldn't give a flying fuck about trophies, themes, etc. I just want to be able to play my PS3.

bread's done
Back