PSN Pixeljunk Games Sale

These are great prices for some great games. Pixel Junk Shooter 1 + 2 are a great twist on the twin-stick shooter genre (with an emphasis on exploration and light puzzles instead of pure shooting) Both games have co-op and 2 also adds online multiplayer.

I'll be picking up Monsters, Eden, and SideScroller.

[quote name='Aquablak']Monsters is amazing. Does this include the PSP games, like PJ Monsters Deluxe?[/QUOTE]
It'll be half price, so $4.99 I think

Just a heads-up: if you search for pixeljunk on the PSN Store, the 3-in-1 bundle including Monsters, Eden, and Racers is priced at $2 instead of $3.

Not sure if its an error on Sony's part or intentional but it makes the games even cheaper.

Monsters and Shooter are a steal at $1. Both are must-own at that price.

I'm less crazy about Eden and Racers, but for that price you can't go wrong either.

Agh. Why does the PSP version of Monsters have to be $5? guess I can't complain too much. I think I'll get both.

I think Shooter is the only one I haven't already bought. Monsters was the only one I got any real play time out of, and it was the PSP version at that.

What's the deal with Monsters? What makes it different than any other tower defense game? I'm not being a dickhead, I know nothing about it but see that it more or less gets universal praise.

[quote name='adayinthelife']What's the deal with Monsters? What makes it different than any other tower defense game? I'm not being a dickhead, I know nothing about it but see that it more or less gets universal praise.[/QUOTE]

Honestly? Nothing really. It had co op on psp, which was a major selling point for me. The levelling up system for the towers was a bit addictive. That waw about it for me.

Beautiful presentation. Approachable yet still challenging. Doesn't get too convoluted or complex. Definitely one of the best tower defense games out there.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Honestly? Nothing really. It had co op on psp, which was a major selling point for me. The levelling up system for the towers was a bit addictive. That waw about it for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sonicsam']Nice music and sounds, smooth and "cute/cool" enemy designs?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Honestly? Nothing really. It had co op on psp, which was a major selling point for me. The levelling up system for the towers was a bit addictive. That waw about it for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darkandlong']Beautiful presentation. Approachable yet still challenging. Doesn't get too convoluted or complex. Definitely one of the best tower defense games out there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks folks. Maybe I'll check out the PSP version if it's Vita-able then.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Thanks folks. Maybe I'll check out the PSP version if it's Vita-able then.[/QUOTE]

As of right now, none of the pixel junk psp games are available for the Vita. That's my biggest complaint about the Vita. So few of my PSN titles are transferable.

apparently some of these titles are suppose to be playable on Vita in the coming days so i heard. incase no one here knew that. what titles exactly i am not sure you will have to look it up.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']apparently some of these titles are suppose to be playable on Vita in the coming days so i heard. incase no one here knew that. what titles exactly i am not sure you will have to look it up.[/QUOTE]

I hope it's similar to how they did with the 360 and just trickle in the backwards compatibility.

[quote name='CoachHines']Just a heads-up: if you search for pixeljunk on the PSN Store, the 3-in-1 bundle including Monsters, Eden, and Racers is priced at $2 instead of $3.

Not sure if its an error on Sony's part or intentional but it makes the games even cheaper.[/QUOTE]
OHHHH.. you have to search for it.. that's why I couldn't find it.. oh well. bought the rest of my collection anyway. I got Eden Free and the bundle was never worth it for me. I picked up Monsters on a sep sale so even now with $2 tag I'm better off just picking up the last game for $1.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']apparently some of these titles are suppose to be playable on Vita in the coming days so i heard. incase no one here knew that. what titles exactly i am not sure you will have to look it up.[/QUOTE]Monsters.. specifically Monsters Deluxe because it's a PSP game.

[quote name='VetraX']Agh. Why does the PSP version of Monsters have to be $5? guess I can't complain too much. I think I'll get both.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='adayinthelife']Thanks folks. Maybe I'll check out the PSP version if it's Vita-able then.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JamesSoprano']apparently some of these titles are suppose to be playable on Vita in the coming days so i heard. incase no one here knew that. what titles exactly i am not sure you will have to look it up.[/QUOTE]

PJ Monsters is playable on the PSP via Remote Play. It is one of the few titles out there that is. I would imagine it works the same with the Vita.

Damn, is there any way to purchase PS3 PSN games from the net or PC (other than that MediaGo software, it only does PSP stuff)?
I'm in the midst of moving and have my PS3 unhooked and not online but want to get some of these.

[quote name='strife18']Damn, is there any way to purchase PS3 PSN games from the net or PC (other than that MediaGo software, it only does PSP stuff)?
I'm in the midst of moving and have my PS3 unhooked and not online but want to get some of these.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure you can't. How about visiting a PS3-enabled friend and logging in to your account, then purchasing it there? You don't need to D/L it once you've purchased, it stays in your history.

Unfortunately I've moved fairly far from home already and no one I know here has a PS3. I guess I'll just be missing out on this sale.

Thanks though

hehe no fret theres always next sale i dont think these games gonna sell any better at reg price seriously 9.99 for any of these games is a bit much? it seems people can make similar stuff and also sell for $1 iphone type games? these arent cool like limbo .. journey ... ok theyre 14.99 but its besides the point lol

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back