PSN/PS+ Sales for the Week of August 24

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Not much for this week, so here are the new sales for this week for PSN and PS+:

Everyone:

Let's Golf - $0.99 - PSP/PS3

PlayStation Plus:

PlayStation Protection Plan - 2 Year - $44.99 - PS3/US Only
Soldner-X: Himmelsturmer/Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Bundle - $10.79
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype - $9.09

PlayStation Protection Plan - 2 Year - $44.99 - PS3/US Only
That right there is a disgrace this generation of consoles really does not live up any other gen. I have had two 360's die and one PS3 they just don't make stuff like they used to.

[quote name='tightclaws']PlayStation Protection Plan - 2 Year - $44.99 - PS3/US Only
That right there is a disgrace this generation of consoles really does not live up any other gen. I have had two 360's die and one PS3 they just don't make stuff like they used to.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the original PSX and PS2 models were just as shitty as anything else aside from the 360 RRoD problem. The PS3 is easily Sony's most well-made home console to date, in my opinion.

[quote name='chuffhoncho']Eh, the original PSX and PS2 models were just as shitty as anything else aside from the 360 RRoD problem. The PS3 is easily Sony's most well-made home console to date, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

And the NES/Gameboy had its fair share of failure rates. I remember back when I was a little kid how it was a total crapshoot on whether my NES would play the game... usually a game genie would do the trick. Either that or blowing the game/console like a madman.

PS-Plus has not worked out for me so far. Every PSN title offered I already own. the ps1 titles have been crap, so basically I'm only getting mini's for free.

[quote name='InFlames215']And the NES/Gameboy had its fair share of failure rates. I remember back when I was a little kid how it was a total crapshoot on whether my NES would play the game... usually a game genie would do the trick. Either that or blowing the game/console like a madman.[/QUOTE]
trying saying that about the snes/n64 consoles. they still play like champs.

but these disc based consoles are meant to die. there is a lifespan with these lasers and these devices overheat like a mother.

[quote name='doodofdoods']PS-Plus has not worked out for me so far. Every PSN title offered I already own. the ps1 titles have been crap, so basically I'm only getting mini's for free.[/QUOTE]

Fixed!

[quote name='shosh']trying saying that about the snes/n64 consoles. they still play like champs.

but these disc based consoles are meant to die. there is a lifespan with these lasers and these devices overheat like a mother.[/QUOTE]

That's why I picked up a couple of extra PS2s now that they're cheap. I don't want to not be able to play some PS2 games 20 years from now

Also, that protection plan is just insane.

sweet, grabbed everything that was free for PSN+..I was just thinking about those Xtreme PSX games the other day..how funny!

[quote name='janitor']That's why I picked up a couple of extra PS2s now that they're cheap. I don't want to not be able to play some PS2 games 20 years from now

Also, that protection plan is just insane.[/QUOTE]

Haha.. I have multiple's of certain systems too. I always took care of my stuff though. Never had a problem with any of of my systems. *knocks on wood*

On topic though, I might pick up that soldner x bundle, how is the mini golf game?

[quote name='doodofdoods']PS-Plus has not worked out for me so far. Every PSN title offered I already own. the ps1 titles have been crap, so basically I'm only getting mini's for free.[/QUOTE]

Syphon Filter is pretty good, but yeah, it's pretty much the same for me. Hasn't really been worth it so far, but I still hope to squeeze $50 of content out of the subscription before it's all done.

Any opinions on that Soldner-X bundle?

[quote name='formerroadie']My PS3 60GB backwards compatible model is running like a champ :). Love it.[/QUOTE]

Same for me the only difference is I upgraded my hard drive to a 500gb.

Probably have to register your console's serial number to the plan. Doubt they'd let anyone buy one and use it to cover multiple systems.

[quote name='chuffhoncho']Eh, the original PSX and PS2 models were just as shitty as anything else aside from the 360 RRoD problem. The PS3 is easily Sony's most well-made home console to date, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]Are you high on drugs? Your opinion has nothing to do with it; there are statistics to show these kinds of things.

[quote name='InFlames215']And the NES/Gameboy had its fair share of failure rates. I remember back when I was a little kid how it was a total crapshoot on whether my NES would play the game... usually a game genie would do the trick. Either that or blowing the game/console like a madman.[/QUOTE]

wha??? The original Game Boy is probably the most reliable system ever. I accidently left mine outside for months. It went through rain and everything. I found it, popped in some new batteries, and it still works to this day!

I agree on the NES though. The toploader makes it much easier to load games but man does the picture quality suck on it. I usually just play with the slot loader until I get it to work.

[quote name='Decker']Syphon Filter is pretty good, but yeah, it's pretty much the same for me. Hasn't really been worth it so far, but I still hope to squeeze $50 of content out of the subscription before it's all done.

Any opinions on that Soldner-X bundle?[/QUOTE]

I've been playing Mushroom Wars for like the last 2 hours. Simple yet addictive. I rarely buy PSN titles because I can't bring myself to pay retail for it, and we all know that PSN sales are few and far between. So PS Plus is working out pretty well for me so far.

ah, how nostalgic...

Damn, I want the soldner x games but it's only for plus members. psssh...I can wait.

[quote name='tightclaws']PlayStation Protection Plan - 2 Year - $44.99 - PS3/US Only
That right there is a disgrace this generation of consoles really does not live up any other gen. I have had two 360's die and one PS3 they just don't make stuff like they used to.[/QUOTE]

I have an original 60gb PS3 still alive and kicking.
I also have an 80gb with no issues.

I have an original 20gb 360 that never had an issue. an elite that runs like a charm and a Red resident Evil 360 that my girl plays daily and no issues.

My Wii also never had a problem.

Do I just have great luck with consoles?

[quote name='whotheheck']wha??? The original Game Boy is probably the most reliable system ever. I accidently left mine outside for months. It went through rain and everything. I found it, popped in some new batteries, and it still works to this day!

I agree on the NES though. The toploader makes it much easier to load games but man does the picture quality suck on it. I usually just play with the slot loader until I get it to work.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking. I remember reading an article about a Gameboy that was badly burned in a fire. The screen was all melty but when they went to fire it up, it turned on and works like a champ. That thing was a brick.

I can't remember anyone back in the day that didn't have problems with the NES. We would double stack carts to make them work, turn it upside down. Funny how blowing in the cart would fix things too.

I thought 2Xtreme was a free PS1 game for PS+ users.

I just brought it up because it was the very first PS1 I bought and one of the few launch titles along with Battle Arena Toshinden. 2Xtreme was one of the earlier PS1 games where the audio was redbook and you could just listen to the awesomely cheesy soundtrack outside of the system.

[quote name='formerroadie']My PS3 60GB backwards compatible model is running like a champ :). Love it.[/QUOTE]

I found out the hard way to not use the backwards compatability.. the chip runs hot and will burn out your system. I suggest backing up all your stuff regularly if you are still running the model, mines lifespan ran out last month.

The best thing about ps+ is when your machine dies, you install all your games again without updating, and it will look them all up and patch them while you sleep.

[quote name='grrouchie']I have an original 60gb PS3 still alive and kicking.
I also have an 80gb with no issues.

I have an original 20gb 360 that never had an issue. an elite that runs like a charm and a Red resident Evil 360 that my girl plays daily and no issues.

My Wii also never had a problem.

Do I just have great luck with consoles?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the last year I lost 2 360s, my ps3 and my pc and laptop both went back on warranties.. My Wii still loves me though :).

[quote name='Fatbot3']I thought 2Xtreme was a free PS1 game for PS+ users.

I just brought it up because it was the very first PS1 I bought and one of the few launch titles along with Battle Arena Toshinden. 2Xtreme was one of the earlier PS1 games where the audio was redbook and you could just listen to the awesomely cheesy soundtrack outside of the system.[/QUOTE]

I think I remember that game.

Wasn't there one track where you raced through like a temple? I looked up some gameplay vids and it looked like the game I remember but no temple level. Just streets.

[quote name='kryptonic']Anyone know if you have to have proof of purchase for the warranty?[/QUOTE]
That's what I want to know I got mine used.... but I'd like to have some extra protection.... but then again I'm not a PSN+ subscriber

out of the topic question but I would like to ask this question:
I have a 160GB PS3, a PSP 3001, and tons of PS2 Games.
Can I some how transfer the PS2 Games into the PS3 and then to the PSP?

[quote name='Video-Gamer']out of the topic question but I would like to ask this question:
I have a 160GB PS3, a PSP 3001, and tons of PS2 Games.
Can I some how transfer the PS2 Games into the PS3 and then to the PSP?[/QUOTE]

Nope, that PS3 can't play PS2 (plus you can't copy games to PS3 anyway) and PSP can't play PS2 either.

[quote name='AoA']Nope, that PS3 can't play PS2 (plus you can't copy games to PS3 anyway) and PSP can't play PS2 either.[/QUOTE]

I see, Thanks for the info.
Is there any other way I can put games into the PSP besides buying the UMD?

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I see, Thanks for the info.
Is there any other way I can put games into the PSP besides buying the UMD?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can buy the games off the PSN store and download them. Or you can buy many off Amazon's website and get a download code that you can redeem on the PSP through the PSN store.

[quote name='Decker']Yes, you can buy the games off the PSN store and download them. Or you can buy many off Amazon's website and get a download code that you can redeem on the PSP through the PSN store.[/QUOTE]

How about besides the PSN Store, can I download free games?

[quote name='Video-Gamer']How about besides the PSN Store, can I download free games?[/QUOTE]

You can download demos from PSN and there's a way from one of Sony's sites I think to download to PC and then transfer to PSP.
But full games that are free? You mean like romzzzzz?
It can be done, I hear. But I like to support Sony so I couldn't tell you how to do it. Beware that Sony's constant firmware updates invalidate most workarounds if you go that route.

[quote name='AoA']You can download demos from PSN and there's a way from one of Sony's sites I think to download to PC and then transfer to PSP.
But full games that are free? You mean like romzzzzz?
It can be done, I hear. But I like to support Sony so I couldn't tell you how to do it. Beware that Sony's constant firmware updates invalidate most workarounds if you go that route.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for ways to hack your PSP to play roms or homebrew, you're on the wrong forum.

[quote name='chuffhoncho']Eh, the original PSX and PS2 models were just as shitty as anything else aside from the 360 RRoD problem. The PS3 is easily Sony's most well-made home console to date, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

My PS2 (launch) works perfectly still since I bought it, my old PS1 circa 1998, worked last time I used it but...

[quote name='shosh']trying saying that about the snes/n64 consoles. they still play like champs.
[/QUOTE]

Both of these two cartridge based systems had been boxed up for like two-three years since their last usage, so when I fired them up last year (mostly to play Mischief Makers on N64) both of them had major issues playing my games since the connectors had corrosion on both systems, and Nintendo doesn't sell the cleaning kits for either anymore, nor are they in high supply either. (Since most people who own'em keep'em) I managed to get an official SNES one for $15 when Amazon was a bit on the thin side a year or so back, and it worked like magic on both systems.

I'd like to believe that less moving parts & heat would make those systems last (almost) forever, but alas that is not to be. Or at least now without some "help".

[quote name='fyrflash1969']The best thing about ps+ is when your machine dies, you install all your games again without updating, and it will look them all up and patch them while you sleep.[/QUOTE]

The best part of Plus involves my console dying, costing me $150 for repairs, and a few weeks without my PS3?

Sounds about right actually, which is pretty sad.

I knew we weren't going to be getting stuff like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII as our "free" games, but I didn't think the stuff we were getting would be as bad as Rally Cross, 2xtreme, and Syphon Filter. I loved SF back in the day but it's damn near unplayable by today's standards. I'm just waiting for the 60-minute full game trials for Haze and Lair.

On top of that, Sony's already screwed us on the promised content. The PS Blog FAQ said we'd get dynamic themes, avatars, and add-ons each month that would be ours to keep permanently but we haven't seen any of that since the beginning of the second month. Seems like when they went bi-weekly, they only did it to cut the amount of content in half.

bread's done
Back