PSN Random Messages with strange promises?

200STM

CAGiversary!
Hey fellow PS3 CAGs, I got a message from some random guy on PSN and He sent me a message saying if I send this to all my other PSN friends I can input the code with in the message for 50$ in PSN Gil. I haven't done the send yet and when I tried the code it worked kinda.... It said it was indeed 50$ added funds to my wallet but when I press continue it says it cannot add them. I don't know if a thread has been made about this but its something I thought I should share has anyone ever gotten one of these "Send to all your friend messages" before and if so have you tried it?

Mine said "It worked! Our protest. here is your reward send to friends claim code get 50$"

If it's anything like the scams that asshats on 360 send about getting free spacebux(MS Points) then it's not true/real.

Does this mean the user in question is a spammer or? I've gotten them as well, at least 3 since PSN came back up but I was getting them before as well.

I've been getting a shit ton of these since PSN came back. I've probably gotten around 15 in the last two weeks, all from different users, too. I just report the users of phishing/spam and block them because I have no way at all of knowing them since I haven't played online much on PS3 and they are never in my friends list.

I get plenty of these. Are people really that stupid thinking that sending out messages on a ps3 will give you money? Geez...

My favorite one was where one idiot pretended to be kevin butler. People have nothing to do.

I'd like to know what multiplayer games you guys are playing on a regular basis, cuz I can usually spot the user sending out the spam on the Players Met category under Friends. Sometimes I'll get messages from "Kevin Butler" after playing LBP or something.

[quote name='GTmaster39']It's spam, Ignore it.

I've been getting crap like this way before PSN went down.[/QUOTE]

Same. I don't even read it, I just delete it

[quote name='eldergamer']I never got anything like this. I feel so unloved. Maybe I dont play enough multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
Same here, i have never gotten these.

if one of my psn friends sends me this shit, they get deleted. simple as that.

If it sounds to good to be true, it isn't real. No one is going to give you $50 for sending PSN messages.

A lot of this stems from people spamming the Sony message boards. You can (or at least could) send a message to anyone who had posted on the forums there.

bread's done
Back