PSN Sale - Droplitz 50% off, various PSP games and Minis discounted (2/1 - 2/7)

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
This week's sale is not that hot compared to last week's. Sale prices are good 2/1 - 2/7 (technically mid-day 2/8, whenever the PS Store updates again). In any event, here's the list:

PS3:
Droplitz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2: The Mystery Of Riddle Manor – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 3: The Mystery Of The Concealing Flame – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4: Death From Above – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 5: The Riddles Of The Past – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 6: Flight Of The Felonious Fugitive – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 1-3 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2-6 Upgrade Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $13.99, original price $25.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1 – Price Change (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $26.99)

PSP:
Class of Heroes Legacy – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Hammerin’ Hero – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Hexyz Force – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
R-Type Command – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Steamboat Chronicles Battle Tournament – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Yggdra Union – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Half-Minute Hero – Price Change (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $19.99)

Minis (PSP/PS3):
Mahjongg Artifacts – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Stand O’ Food – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Supermarket Mania – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
I Must Run! – minis – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager – minis – Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)

Expired sale:
"11 for 11" sale - 11 PSN titles for half off. Sale runs from 1/25 through the 31st (technically until 2/1 when the following store update happens afternoon/evening). List of sale titles and links to their Metacritic reviews pages are below.

Costume Quest – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Hoard* – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Soldner-X2: Final Prototype* – $6.49 sale price; $12.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
MotorStorm 3D Rift* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
Peggle – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Swords and Soliders** – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Tumble* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Comet Crash* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Shatter** – $3.99 sale price; $7.99 regular price Metacritic reviews

* - Asterisk denotes a PSN exclusive title.
** - Also available for PC on Steam.

My personal recommendations: Costume Quest, Peggle (if you don't already have it on another platform), Tumble (if you have a Move controller), and Shatter.

Source:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-networks-11-for-2011-ps3-game-sale/
To stay informed with what's new in the Playstation Store on a regular basis and to hear about future sales, be sure to subscribe to the PS Store thread in the PS3 forum!:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180647

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get into shatter at all. Its a block breaker with very little extra. I'd personally recommend about 6 other titles over that one.

The only two I'm considering, Shatter and Soldner-X2, don't have a demo on the PSN. Lame. Might have to watch some gameplay videos on youtube to make a decision.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Is Hoard the RTS with Move support?[/QUOTE]

It's a twin-stick shooter, from what I've gathered. But I'd still love to hear an opinion from someone here on the game. Does anyone on CAG actually own it?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I couldn't get into shatter at all. Its a block breaker with very little extra. I'd personally recommend about 6 other titles over that one.[/QUOTE]

Soundtrack of the Decade is very little extra? Shame on you! :p

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I couldn't get into shatter at all. Its a block breaker with very little extra. I'd personally recommend about 6 other titles over that one.[/QUOTE]

How long did you play it? There is much more to it. The idea that you control the ebb and flow of gravity plays a lot into the game itself, along with the environments and soundtrack of course. It's one of my favorite pickup and play games ever.

i played it for about 15 minutes. you probably have a point, but then again, i got 9 games in shares last week. if it wasnt grabbing my attention immediately, i was gone

Oh nice, I almost got Tumble a few days ago cause I just got a Move. I'm definitely getting Costume Quest, DeathSpank, and Tumble. I'll probably also get Comet Crash, Hoard, Soldner X-2, Space Invaders, and Swords and Soldiers. Damn, I'm gonna be spending a lot of money tomorrow.

just bought space invaders last week, oh well only $5 loss. I'm in for thongs since i got the other on sale also, and maybe tumble and hoard... thinking bout costume quest for my kids to play too... i heard its like ffx-2 which is awesome, lol. peace cags!

I already have the original Deathspank from the $9.99 sale a while ago, so I might as well grab the sequel or whatever since I doubt I'll be buying any DLC for any of the games I currently have cuz most of it is overpriced(like always:roll:).

Nothing for me. Was hoping for Guardian of Light, Joe Danger, or Pac-Man at the least. Only thing I might grab is Soldner.

Awesome sale, finally! These sales are the reasons I NEVER buy from PSN unless/until it's on sale-- it seems like pretty much everything on PSN does eventually go on sale.

Definitely in for Space Invaders, gotta research some others. And figure out if I ever used the last $20 PSN card I bought or if it's just MIA.... :/

In for Costume Quest, Hoard, and Deathspank ToV. The rest seem pretty lame. I tried the demos for a couple of the others and didn't think they were all that great (Swords and Soldiers is one) and I've now looked at youtube gameplay videos of the others and don't really give a shit. I already have Peggle on a 360 compilation disk and shatter is just another block breaker.

I don't need a million of those games every year. In fact, I pretty much don't need any more block breakers for the decade. Bring on the other three though!

Deathspank TOV and Shatter and Space Invaders 100%
Maybe Tumble, Costume Quest
Hell, maybe I should just get them all. I love PSN sales!

[quote name='io']

Now, the question is, which do I buy and which do I not buy because they will probably be PS+ free games at some point?

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't track down a list, but all the free, PSN+ games I remember have been PSN-exclusives. If that proves to be the case, I think any cross-platform games would be safe to pick up in this sale.

[quote name='typical guy']By the way, tv show king is on sale for 99 cents right now. Today being the last day.[/QUOTE]

I'll put that in the OP as a last-minute reminder. Thanks.

[quote name='mkernan']I'll put that in the OP as a last-minute reminder. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up last night. I have several quiz games already but for 99 cents it's hard to go wrong. I love the really cheap games like that. I pretty much buy them all.

I wonder if this sale has anything to do with the PSP2 announcement coming in few days.
Imagine if all your existing PSN games - whether you purchased from PSP or PS3 - will be playable on the PSP2.

Anyone thinking about getting costume quest should get it asap. Even if you have a backlog it can be saved for next Halloween. I should note that I only played it on the 360 incase it matters.

shatter is great, peggle is addictive fun, i like X2 but wish the bundle was on sale with both games.. the other games are good but short and low re-playability

Gonna get Tumble. Heard it was great for my Move which gets no play now-a-days. (Was super disappointed with Time Crisis.. even with teh Amazon sale @ $39)

I would recommend Swords & Soldiers for $4.99 too.

If you don't want to believe me, then check this out:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/swords-soldiers

It has an 81 avg, Costume Quest a 77, Tumble a 74, Hoard a 79, Space Invaders an 80, which are all pretty equivalent (and decent) scores.

The only one that maybe stands out a bit critically is Shatter at 86. But really, they are all pretty solid.

I'm passing on Tumble and Hoard only because I think they might eventually be free PS+ games. I'm getting Costume Quest for sure, and probably Space Invaders and Swords and Soldiers (I need to decide if I want to play it again after beating the WiiWare version).

I'll be picking up Costume Quest and Space Invaders Infinity Gene. I would have gotten Deathspank : ToV, but I bought it last week when it was on sale on XBLA.

Holy cow. Shatter? I've been waiting forever for a sale on Shatter (I don''t have PSN+). YESSSSSSSSS!

[quote name='io']I would recommend Swords & Soldiers for $4.99 too.

If you don't want to believe me, then check this out:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/swords-soldiers

It has an 81 avg, Costume Quest a 77, Tumble a 74, Hoard a 79, Space Invaders an 80, which are all pretty equivalent (and decent) scores.

The only one that maybe stands out a bit critically is Shatter at 86. But really, they are all pretty solid.

I'm passing on Tumble and Hoard only because I think they might eventually be free PS+ games. I'm getting Costume Quest for sure, and probably Space Invaders and Swords and Soldiers (I need to decide if I want to play it again after beating the WiiWare version).[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Tumble since it's a Move only game, but I think you're right with Hoard. Comet Crash too, especially since that one is much older. I was thinking about those two but they will probably be PSN+ freebies sooner or later.

Great deals! I think I'll get costume quest. I was thinking about motor storm but I'd much rather get the blu ray of the game.

I have soldner x2 and it's a cool shoot em up but something about it isn't too fun. I suppose there's no charm to it or something. It looks very pretty though. I dunno..I bought it full price and maybe put 1-2 hours. I think I may be just tired of shooters lately. Thanks OP.

For those wondering about swords and soldiers, don't listen to the reviews. Get the demo, I played it when the game was first released. I felt like the game was lame as hell. Its a 2D RTS. I love RTS games but I just didn't think this was that good.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I might get Soldner-X2: Final Prototype. I bought Shatter last week....[/QUOTE]

Why did you buy shatter? I notice a lot of people here saying they vbought some of these games recently. Never buy a psn/xbla game unless it is on sale.

How safe is it now buying and entering your credit card info over the PSN network? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is absolutely unplayable over the PSN network because of all the hackers now that the PS3 is jailbroke. I would love to pick up some of these games after reading everyone's input here.

[quote name='typical guy']Why did you buy shatter? I notice a lot of people here saying they vbought some of these games recently. Never buy a psn/xbla game unless it is on sale.[/QUOTE]

Not everybody feels the need to wait an unknown amount of time to play buy games they want to play or even have the patience to wait. I generally just grab what I feel is worth the price at release and wait for sales on the games I don't think are worth the price.

And with PSN having gamesharing, it makes some games easier to swallow.

[quote name='Investor']How safe is it now buying and entering your credit card info over the PSN network? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is absolutely unplayable over the PSN network because of all the hackers now that the PS3 is jailbroke. I would love to pick up some of these games after reading everyone's input here.[/QUOTE]

You can use your card and then remove it from the account after paying.

[quote name='Draekon']Not everybody feels the need to wait an unknown amount of time to play buy games they want to play or even have the patience to wait. I generally just grab what I feel is worth the price at release and wait for sales on the games I don't think are worth the price.

And with PSN having gamesharing, it makes some games easier to swallow.[/QUOTE]

Of course not everyone feels that need but I am surprised that people on CAG buy for full price then complain when the next week the game is half off. Just wait for the sale; it's a fucking game and as an adult I don't act like a child looking at the candy in the checkout isle. I have plenty of patience and besides, imost people here have backlogs. If you have no backlog, I can see why you would want to get a game for full price.

bread's done
Back