PSN Summer Sale 2011 starts 7/12 30% - 50% off 11 games

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/07/psn-summer-sale-2011-30-off-11-games/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=PSNSummerSale_070711

Back to the Future: The Game – Full Series (Sale price $13.99; Plus price $9.79; Regular price $19.99)

Chime Super Deluxe (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Dead Space Extraction (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)

Hard Corps: Uprising (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Risk: Factions (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Shank (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Scott Pilgrim (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Tales from Space: About a Blob (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)

damn, pissed I paid $25 for BttF over that price! will probably definitely get PixelJunk Shooter 2 and thats about it..

question, since the PS plus update on 7/19 will have the Borderlands GOTY edition for 14.99 plus price. Will i still be able to play the after my ps plus expires? It seems like a great price!

[quote name='Donutkid2222']question, since the PS plus update on 7/19 will have the Borderlands GOTY edition for 14.99 plus price. Will i still be able to play the after my ps plus expires? It seems like a great price![/QUOTE]

I believe anything you buy at the PlayStation Plus price, you keep even after your subscription expires.

Thanks hoofrog...OP poor job of an OP.

I've almost bought PJS2 and PacMan Deluxe a few time glad I waited.
PS+ for the win!

[quote name='Donutkid2222']question, since the PS plus update on 7/19 will have the Borderlands GOTY edition for 14.99 plus price. Will i still be able to play the after my ps plus expires? It seems like a great price![/QUOTE]

Yes. Anything you purchase with a Plus membership is yours to keep forever

Yep. Anything you PAY for you keep once PSN+ expires, games that you got free you lose.

Stupid me for getting BttF a month ago at full price. So much fun though!

[quote name='Muthafodder']Thanks hoofrog...OP poor job of an OP.

I've almost bought PJS2 and PacMan Deluxe a few time glad I waited.
PS+ for the win![/QUOTE]

Pretty sure hoofrog is the OP and something fucked up for that big bird tool to post in front.

[quote name='bh47']^^ time paradox? 0__o[/QUOTE]

The perfectly logical explanation is that Gamehead saw this topic at 11:58 and decided to warn everyone about how weak it was by jumping a minute into the past, then hacking into Cheapassgamer so that he could make sure that hoofrog posted in this same exact topic while thinking he was creating a new one.

[quote name='hoofrog']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...dium=social&utm_campaign=PSNSummerSale_070711

PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)

Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
[/QUOTE]

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu my PS+ ends the day before this. They did a nice job convincing me plus was definitely not worth it over the past month, then they finally throw out a decent deal the day after my sub ends.

[quote name='Kaoz']fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu my PS+ ends the day before this. They did a nice job convincing me plus was definitely not worth it over the past month, then they finally throw out a decent deal the day after my sub ends.[/QUOTE]

If you subscribe now I think you get an extra 3 months :)

$3.33 a month isn't too bad. I've had it since it started and it's more than paid for itself with the discounts and free games, plus the betas and the peice of mind of having the cloud saves.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you subscribe now I think you get an extra 3 months :)

$3.33 a month isn't too bad. I've had it since it started and it's more than paid for itself with the discounts and free games, plus the betas and the peice of mind of having the cloud saves.[/QUOTE]

Cloud saves broke me so i bought some PSN money to get it but forgot.

The 12+3 sale started the next day, success!

[quote name='Gamehead']Weak sale. On XBLA $10 games get dropped to $5 for sales.[/QUOTE]

And those of us who pay for PS+ just like we pay for Xbox Live DO get some of those games at such a discount.

[quote name='Gamehead']Weak sale. On XBLA $10 games get dropped to $5 for sales.[/QUOTE]
Are the half off games on XBLA only for Gold members? I really dont know. If so, this is the same since it looks liek all these are half off for PSN + subs like me.

I am in for Pac Man, PJ Shooter 2, maybe Hard Corps and Back TT Future.

Donutkid mentioned Borderlands being 14.99 with PS+ on 7/19, is that a permanent drop thing or is there a new set of deals starting 7/19 that we can view somewhere?

[quote name='Psybuster']Donutkid mentioned Borderlands being 14.99 with PS+ on 7/19, is that a permanent drop thing or is there a new set of deals starting 7/19 that we can view somewhere?[/QUOTE]

You can view the upcoming Plus deals here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/06/coming-to-playstation-plus-golden-axe-and-guerilla-war-free-assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-brotherhood/

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 7/19:

Featured Games & DLC

• Guerilla War minis (Free with Plus, a $2 .99 value)
Discounted Games

• Borderlands Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $14.99 – a $65 value)
  • Cuboid (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
  • Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
  • Magic Orbz (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
  • Sky Fighters (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
  • Smash Cars (PlayStation Plus price $5.99; a 20% discount)
  • Wakeboarding HD (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
  • Hamsterball (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
  • Richochet (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
  • Baseball Stars 2 (PlayStation Plus price $7.19; a 20% discount)
  • The King of Fighters ’95 (PlayStation Plus price $7.19; a 20% discount)
  • Athena minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
  • Hal 21 minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
  • Ikari Warriors minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
  • Marvin’s Maze minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
  • Ozma Wars minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
  • Sasuke vs. Commander minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
  • Vanguard minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
Featured Themes & Avatars

• Fast Draw Showdown Dynamic Theme (Free with Plus, a $2 .99 value)
  • Amazing Earth: Volcano Dynamic Theme (PlayStation Plus price $0.90; a 70% discount)
  • Apache Gunship Dynamic Theme (PlayStation Plus price $0.90; a 70% discount)
  • Divine Light Dynamic Theme (PlayStation Plus price $0.90; a 70% discount)
  • Destination: Japanese Temple Dynamic Theme (PlayStation Plus price $0.90; a 70% discount)

In for PixelJunk Shooter 2 and Hard Corp. Uprising. Finally H.C. Uprising goes on sale. I knew after most PS+ would be over they would give a great deal. Now we just need Moon Diver to go on sale.

I've been waiting for a sale on PJ Shooter 2. I'll probably get Pac-Man as well. I think I've played enough of the demo to warrant paying $5 for the full game.

Thanks OP

[quote name='nny']Ack, I started my Plus subscription on 6/12. Will I be able to get the good prices?[/QUOTE]
When does your Plus subscription end? Check your system.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you subscribe now I think you get an extra 3 months :)

$3.33 a month isn't too bad. I've had it since it started and it's more than paid for itself with the discounts and free games, plus the betas and the peice of mind of having the cloud saves.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I haven't seen a single freebie I would pay any money for yet and I haven't bothered using the cloud storage. I don't like the idea of paying a monthly fee just for sales.

If I change my mind in the future, does anyone know if I will get back my previous freebies? (Not that I really care, I spent a couple of minutes on MTG and even less on Bomberman and I am done with both.)

[quote name='JJSP']When does your Plus subscription end? Check your system.[/QUOTE]

Can't get to my system right now, but I signed up at 5:51 PM PST. What time do these deals go live?

Man, I just paid $20 for BttF a couple weeks ago, since they said it was on sale from $25. The fifth episode isn't even out, then they drop it to $13? Weak. Even weaker is that my free Plus month will still be active, so I could have snagged it for less than $10. Man, I hate Sony.

Woohoo! Dead Space Extraction is finally on sale! Will def. pick that and Pixel Junk Shooter 2 (even though I've barely played the first one lol) at the very least. Glad I waited to start my PS+, those are some sweat deals!

Really wish they'd put up Tekken 5 DR on sale at some point :(

[quote name='Brother Daz']Does the Borderlands bundle include all the DLC?[/QUOTE]

That is likely the "bundle" part of it. Although I'd be more confident in my affirmative statement if they called it GOTY or something, since the GOTY has all the DLC.

[edit] ok I just checked on the PS3, because Sony's website sucks. Yes, the bundle is everything. $30 doesn't seem like a great price though, think I've seen the GOTY disk for less recently (Amazon or Best Buy or somewhere?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Im tempted to flip my copy of Borderlands to Amazon for $10(grrr why cant it be $15 like the 360 version!)and buy the digital copy for $15.

bread's done
Back