PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound Shape's servers are absolute crap. I took my ps3 to a friend's house because I wanted to show him how amazing the UGC levels are, but we couldn't connect and had to give up. I got a Vita today, synced my save via PS3 and PS+ Cloud, but the Vita can't connect to download it.

This game is apparently published by Sony and uses their servers, so this is unacceptably bad...

After I platted it, I played a few UGC levels and really liked them, but I don't think I was ever able to connect to their servers again after that.

Edit: Looks like they know their servers have problems, this is from earlier today. Oh well.
http://www.facebook.com/soundshapesgame/posts/371198049618969

Last edited by a moderator:
I sat down and played all of Sound Shapes yesterday while travelling. Awesome game, and in my opinion a very easy platinum. I'd say it only took me 6-7 hours. Wish there was more.

Finally got around to playing some Sound Shapes, I absolutely love it. Quit addicting, haven't really gotten through much yet but really hoping they keep supporting it with DLC

I agree that sound shapes is an amazing game. Definitely a lot of fun and good music too. The cloud sync has worked great for me and I haven't had any problems connecting, either.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I'm loving The Walking Dead, what are the chances we'll get a sale on the rest of the episodes?[/QUOTE]

zero since they don't exist

[quote name='Barry Burton']zero since they don't exist[/QUOTE]

You know what he meant. I'd say the odds of a discount on or free future episodes is highly likely. Both Jurassic Park and BTTF were free for PS+ - I see no reason the trend wouldn't continue.

i was gonna say. i almost got jurassic park for $10 last month on sale and iv been ps+ since it came out. It was only free if you got a 12 month new sub last fall for like a month or so. id love for jp or another sam n max season to be free for ps+, but idk. i already got a walking dead season pass, so ill hope they dont give that away for free ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Jurassic Park was never free for PS+. It was a bonus if you bought a 12 month sub, but it wasn't free to anybody else.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad. Still, seems likely that there will be some kind of deal on the remaining episodes, does it not?

These Death Mode levels in Sound Shapes aren't too bad. They can get frustrating/annoying, but it's lessened by the fact that you start again right away with no loading and the overall level is 30 seconds or less. They get pretty addicting, I did the first six, I'll save the rest for tomorrow.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']These Death Mode levels in Sound Shapes aren't too bad. They can get frustrating/annoying, but it's lessened by the fact that you start again right away with no loading and the overall level is 30 seconds or less. They get pretty addicting, I did the first six, I'll save the rest for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Eventually with enough tries they will all be passable. Right now I took a break from this red X that kept getting me. Just need to be patient and that's when I would pass them.

[quote name='rpg']^and u forgot the easiest platinum in the ps3 library :)

(walking dead)[/QUOTE]

WRONG. Easiest Plat is Terminator Salvation and Hanna Montana. FreakyZeaky has those hoephies.

[quote name='Paco']WRONG. Easiest Plat is Terminator Salvation and Hanna Montana. FreakyZeaky has those hoephies.[/QUOTE]
I dont know about Hanna Montana but Terminator actually takes a little skill to plat. The walking dead IMO will be much easier, since all you have to do is play through the story (not much skill needed)

[quote name='Brother Daz']I dont know about Hanna Montana but Terminator actually takes a little skill to plat. The walking dead IMO will be much easier, since all you have to do is play through the story (not much skill needed)[/QUOTE]

The easiest platinum that I had was Back to the Future. Only the disc version had a platinum for BttF not one for completing all 5 single episodes. I would assume it would be same for The Walking Dead if it was released on disc. I will never touch Hanna Montanna so I will never know if it's easier. Sly Cooper was an easy platinum also.

[quote name='Bumslie']The easiest platinum that I had was Back to the Future. Only the disc version had a platinum for BttF not one for completing all 5 single episodes. I would assume it would be same for The Walking Dead if it was released on disc. I will never touch Hanna Montanna so I will never know if it's easier. Sly Cooper was an easy platinum also.[/QUOTE]

The Walking Dead does have a platinum, its obviously not achievable at the moment since episodes 3-5 aren't out yet but from the trophy list it looks to be really easy, no challenging trophies, I believe you just have to play through the story to get the platinum

[quote name='Brother Daz']I dont know about Hanna Montana but Terminator actually takes a little skill to plat. The walking dead IMO will be much easier, since all you have to do is play through the story (not much skill needed)[/QUOTE]
I agree with your take on Terminator. Every time I see it on "easiest to plat" lists I cringe. I rented it when I had Gamefly. What made it difficult for me was that the game was so bad I couldnt keep playing. To me, that makes it difficult! I do love seeing how bad some games can be though.

i was just gonna say how subjective an easy plat is. i always read about easy plats, and i can't deny i have plats for all games listed, but the easiest plats were the games that you just love to play and can't put down. i was obsesssed with cod world at war and got 100% on the main game and all 3 zombie packs, but it is listed as one of the hardest plats often. same with other games of course, i dont have the demon souls plat, but from those that have it they don't talk about how difficult the game was, cuz they obviously enjoyed it so much. sure bttf was an easy follow the dots plat, but when i was playing it a second time on disk it was such a drag that it took more 'energy' than a hard game. idk peace all!

[quote name='LazyTriangle']The Walking Dead does have a platinum, its obviously not achievable at the moment since episodes 3-5 aren't out yet but from the trophy list it looks to be really easy, no challenging trophies, I believe you just have to play through the story to get the platinum[/QUOTE]

Ok my bad I misunderstood about the trophy list. That's cool it will have a platinum.

Velo I agree with you 100% on platinum difficulty. I like to platinum games I like a lot which is why I went all the way with the Souls games. Now I loved Demon and Dark Souls and they had hard parts don't get me wrong. Now I'm terrible at FPS but I still like to play them just usually need to adjust the difficulty cause I struggle at them. I don't ever see myself platting a COD game cause I struggle that bad.

I know people that can whip a platinum on a COD in no time but wouldn't last long playing a Soul game. Every gamer has its limits on what's difficult to them It's just in the eyes of the holder.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Oh fuck yes! There's so much good stuff coming up it's crazy.[/QUOTE]

I assure you, THPS HD is not among it.

Not crazy about Bloodrayne and Outland for Plus this month, but on the blog in the comments they have answered some critics by saying next month is going to delight a lot of people who are jealous of the EU Plus offers.

[quote name='louiedog']Bloodrayne Betrayal will be joining Outland as free for PS+ tomorrow.

blog update[/QUOTE]

Bloodrayne is a great game. Fair warning that it has the old school castlevania feeling on gameplay but is a hard game. I bought this last year and enjoyed it. Also the trophies for this game are tough. I got Bloodrayne & Outland from PS+ sale and felt they were worth the purchase.

It's good others will be able to play these great games.

Did they ever fix the servers on Outland? I played it co-op at release and it was super lagy. If they didn't fix it then there will be a lot of frustrated people.

[quote name='GT']Not crazy about Bloodrayne and Outland for Plus this month, but on the blog in the comments they have answered some critics by saying next month is going to delight a lot of people who are jealous of the EU Plus offers.[/QUOTE]

Annnnnnd they said to "stay tuned" last week when people complained...and the week before that...so on and so forth. Seems like a ponzi scheme of "delight". People just need to change their outlook on the service. If you're looking to get a constant influx of top tier games, you'll probably be disappointed. It's nice, however, that they offer things people might not have been inclined to try.

That said, they did good w/ the Walking Dead offer. I'm not even a fan of the Telltale format, but this game is pure awesomeness. I'll be buying the remaining episodes. Definitely recommend it to those on the fence.

outland is a good game give it a try

as for bloodrayne thats a hardcore game that ill stay away

[quote name='Paco']WRONG. Easiest Plat is Terminator Salvation and Hanna Montana. FreakyZeaky has those hoephies.[/QUOTE]
I platinumed Terminator Salvation. I felt a bit dirty afterwards and the mark will never be removed from my trophy list. I doubt I'll ever play another game strictly for the purpose of getting a platinum again.

[quote name='breakfuss']Annnnnnd they said to "stay tuned" last week when people complained...and the week before that...so on and so forth. Seems like a ponzi scheme of "delight". People just need to change their outlook on the service. If you're looking to get a constant influx of top tier games, you'll probably be disappointed. It's nice, however, that they offer things people might not have been inclined to try.

That said, they did good w/ the Walking Dead offer. I'm not even a fan of the Telltale format, but this game is pure awesomeness. I'll be buying the remaining episodes. Definitely recommend it to those on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Ponzi scheme of delight...:rofl:

I have Bloodrayne and Outland on 360, I enjoyed them both quite a bit. I don't think I'll replay them on PSN, but they're both good games for those that haven't experienced them before.

Bloodrayne isn't all that hard, it has a couple super-annoying platforming sections, but the actual combat is pretty fluid and simple to get down. Just get in the habit of sucking a lot of blood and you'll be fine.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sweet, I'm lookin forward to BloodRayne. I must be the only Plus member who doesn't want free retail games.[/QUOTE]

I definitely don't want retail games either. Most of them eventually go down to as low as $5-10, and all the games people are clamoring for - Deus Ex, Dead Space 2, and Darksiders - have been that cheap frequently in the past. The only retail game I'd look forward to is Motorstorm Apocalypse.

I think all the EU games will be added here eventually, which are Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and the previously mentioned titles.

I think part of the problem is that Sony wanted to make a big splash at E3, and the cost was some lesser titles in the following couple of months.

Personally, tho, I've barely touched my PS3 in the past few months.

[quote name='whitereflection']I definitely don't want retail games either. Most of them eventually go down to as low as $5-10, and all the games people are clamoring for - Deus Ex, Dead Space 2, and Darksiders - have been that cheap frequently in the past. The only retail game I'd look forward to is Motorstorm Apocalypse.

I think all the EU games will be added here eventually, which are Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and the previously mentioned titles.[/QUOTE]

I think it's hilarious when people on the PS Blog complain about getting older PSN games but then clamor for these old retail games that are way popular. Furthermore, like you've said, these games have been extremely cheap many times in the past. To me, BloodRayne is worth more than a downloadable Dead Space 2.

The only EU game that made me jealous was Stranger's Wrath.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sweet, I'm lookin forward to BloodRayne. I must be the only Plus member who doesn't want free retail games.[/QUOTE]

Count me in on taking PSN games over retail. There were a few games I didn't have after the E3 announcement. I feel if Sony gives out retail games there is a good chance I have it if I had a interest in it.

When Sony offers games I already purchased I don't get mad. Just keep positive I will get something I haven't played yet. I love PS+ and will continue to support it.

I bet we will get Strangers Wrath eventually.

For the most part I'd rather have PSN games rather than retail games. I just wish the games were a little bit newer (props on Walking Dead, but anything older than 6-9 months means the game has probably been on sale already and I probably already own it, as is the case with Bloodrayne and Outland) But oh well, it's only fair for them to include a nice mix of slightly older and newer releases.

Also, I'd like to see a few more PS exclusives in the coming months.

[quote name='Bumslie']Count me in on taking PSN games over retail. There were a few games I didn't have after the E3 announcement. I feel if Sony gives out retail games there is a good chance I have it if I had a interest in it.

When Sony offers games I already purchased I don't get mad. Just keep positive I will get something I haven't played yet. I love PS+ and will continue to support it.

I bet we will get Strangers Wrath eventually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with how fast games drop nowadays, I'm buying retail games way more often than I'm buying PSN games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']For the most part I'd rather have PSN games rather than retail games. I just wish the games were a little bit newer (props on Walking Dead, but anything older than 6-9 months means the game has probably been on sale already and I probably already own it, as is the case with Bloodrayne and Outland) But oh well, it's only fair for them to include a nice mix of slightly older and newer releases.

Also, I'd like to see a few more PS exclusives in the coming months.[/QUOTE]

True, I almost bought BloodRayne when it was on sale, but now I'm glad I didn't. I did buy Outland but I already 100%ed it so I don't care that it's free now.

[quote name='diplo']That's another weak month for PS Plus :([/QUOTE]
Heh, I think the only free game I've touched from my Target price mistake is The Simpsons. And it's not because I already own them either, since 99% of them I don't.

[quote name='Jodou']Heh, I think the only free game I've touched from my Target price mistake is The Simpsons. And it's not because I already own them either, since 99% of them I don't.[/QUOTE]

If you don't like games, Plus isn't for you.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you don't like games, Plus isn't for you.[/QUOTE]
I bought it for the cloud saves and since it was only $15, I couldn't turn that down.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ne-betrayal-join-the-instant-game-collection/

The PS+ schedule for the next two weeks:
The first two episodes of Telltale’s The Walking Dead joined the Instant Game Collection last week, and today, we’re announcing even more content coming to Plus! We’re excited to welcome PSN Games Outland and Bloodrayne: Betrayal to the PlayStation Plus family. Read on to learn more about these games and other great content coming exclusively for Plus members.

August 14th PlayStation Plus Update

Outland

Free for PlayStation Plus Members

This innovative PSN Game blended open world 2D action color-based puzzle platforming to deliver an experience like none other. Heralded by critics, we’re happy to bring Outland to Plus members. Make sure you check out the co-op challenges scattered throughout the game’s world to get the most from Outland’s breathtaking world.

Bloodrayne: Betrayal

Free for PlayStation Plus Members

With this year’s PSN PLAY in full swing, we thought we’d revisit one of last year’s PSN PLAY titles to deliver free to Plus members. Sporting incredibly slick animation and amazingly detailed characters, monsters, and environments in luscious (LUSCIOUS) high resolution, this is a game that many might have missed, and now have no excuse not to check it out.

Papo & Yo

20% discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $11.99)

We’re always looking to get members the best deals on new releases,so we’re making the anticipated PSN Game Papo & Yo that much easier to snag when it drops on 8/14. It’s an amazing world crafted by the team at Minority. Follow a young boy named Quico and his best friend Monster through the surreal favelas of his homeland. It’s a dangerous journey through a constantly changing world, and you get an exclusive price break on the new adventure. Check out all the great features on Papo & Yo and pick up the game this week!

August 21st PlayStation Plus Update

Dust 514

Closed Beta Access and 50% off Mercenary Pack Add-On

Remember that Beta I talked about earlier? I know, it was a bit in the making but we’re happy to welcome our friends from the Dust 514 team into Plus with exclusive access for the closed beta. Dust 514 is the free to play first person shooter that may change the face of how we battle online in games. Help test the first live direct connection to the extremely popular EVE Online MMO as players on the main server in DUST 514 and EVE Online can chat in real time and send in-game mail between games. It’s a first in gaming, it’s free to play when it releases later this fall, and exclusive access is coming to Plus members on 8/21. You’ll have until September 4th to jump in the Beta. Read more about the features available in this Beta in a post from Brandon Laurino, Executive Producer on Dust 514.

We’re also sporting a 50% discount on the Mercenary Pack DLC for Dust 514 which gives access to in-game currency to spend in game, skill boosts, and exclusive gear. Now I know what you’re thinking: this is a beta, how can I buy Add-Ons if it’s in beta? Good question! Any Add-Ons that are purchased with Dust 514 while the game is in Beta will be carried over when the game releases later this fall. So buy with confidence! There’s a ton of great Dust 514 blog posts; read up on the game and jump in the Beta.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

20% discount for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Price: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $11.99)

It’s the return of the king. The first editions of Counter Strike back in the day paved the way for what online shooters are today. Now Valve is partnering with PlayStation to deliver this new release 20% off when it becomes available for download on 8/21. The final title of the PSN PLAY promotion, make sure you’ve picked up as many titles from PLAY as possible so you can get the most amount of PlayStation Store credit back on September 7th.

Natsume Sale

50% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular Prices: $14.99, PS Plus Price: $7.50)

Natsume fans! Got a PSP? You’re in luck. 4 of Natsume’s best titles including some of the best from the Harvest Moon series are going on a nice 50% off sale. Adventures To Go!, Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl, Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon , Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors, and Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley are all part of the sale.

Watch the PlayStation Store Updates for more news on additional Plus deals. Stay tuned for our next update scheduled for August 27th, and as always, let us know your thoughts in the comments.

And as a reminder, these games are being delisted with tomorrow's update, so get them now if you are interested:

PS1 Classics
Kyuiin - $5.99
Magical Drop F - $5.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back