PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='breakfuss']Hmmmmm. I tried the Borderlands demo sometime ago and found it incredibly boring and tedious, lol.[/QUOTE]
Same here (I played the 60-minute demo for about 10 minutes and couldn't take anymore :p)

I really enjoyed Borderlands, and that's just playing single player, I never got into the co-op. I'd probably give it a 9/10, it had great FPS controls and I really enjoyed the leveling/loot/RPG aspects. I enjoyed Borderlands way more than Fallout 3.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I really enjoyed Borderlands, and that's just playing single player, I never got into the co-op. I'd probably give it a 9/10, it had great FPS controls and I really enjoyed the leveling/loot/RPG aspects. I enjoyed Borderlands way more than Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

They aren't even remotely similar games.

[quote name='shadowkast']Add me for borderlands. Recently started again when i picked up goty. I'm already friends with gettinmoney and i know he and i fall into the same scenario with that game (gotta finish up 3 of the dlcs)[/QUOTE]

Hey when I finish up the campaign I don't mind helping out with the DLC. I will let gettinmoney know when I'm finished and we can work on the DLC.

Add me on the PSN: BumslieOG

I like how a game in the backlog just moves to the front with some good discussions of a game.

Going to start this soon and try to catch up with Velo so we can co-op the campaign with other CAGs.

Oh yeaaa, just finished transfering vagrant story, suikoden, breath of fire iv, metal slug x, chrono trigger, and legend of dragoon over to my Vita. The vita is finally going to get a little more use now.

Just found a new feature of Vita 1.80. You can now have it automatically download game goods from Near. Simply download a game good and it will ask you if you want to automatically download them for that game in the future.

Direct download of PSOne games through your download history to your Vita IS now working. Downloading the two games I had off that list, FF VII and Hot Shots Golf 2, right now.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Direct download of PSOne games through your download history to your Vita IS now working. Downloading the two games I had off that list, FF VII and Hot Shots Golf 2, right now.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Working for me as well. Except for Syphon Filter for some reason... I'm assuming it's because it's a PS+ title, but who the fuck knows - I'm sure Sony doesn't.

I bought Rock Band Blitz, but it only has three songs and you have to download the rest of your soundtrack, but the store is down. D'oh!

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Yep. Working for me as well. Except for Syphon Filter for some reason... I'm assuming it's because it's a PS+ title, but who the fuck knows - I'm sure Sony doesn't.[/QUOTE]Really? Cause I got Hot Shots Golf 2 free through PS+ a couple weeks ago and it's downloading fine.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Really? Cause I got Hot Shots Golf 2 free through PS+ a couple weeks ago and it's downloading fine.[/QUOTE]

Yea, same here. Hot Shots Golf 2 works fine, but Syphon Filter says it can't be downloaded on a PS Vita system... even though it shows up in the store when I search for it and it has the little red bag next to it showing that I own it. Even has a download button, but I click that and it says it can't be downloaded.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Syphon Filter shows up correctly via search on the Vita's PS Store.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, but if you already own it from the PS+ freebie a few months ago, it will not install.

Edit: Woah... Frisky ninja deleted the post I was quoting... interesting. :)

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Yep. Working for me as well. Except for Syphon Filter for some reason... I'm assuming it's because it's a PS+ title, but who the fuck knows - I'm sure Sony doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Haha I laughed pretty hard at that last line.

^Yup. The update is up on the blog, sales-wise, not much besides Spelunker, Space Channel, and the SNK sale.

Supposedly the R&C Collection is 10% off for PS+ members, but I thought it didn't exist yet...

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Alpha Mission II - $4.49
Art of Fighting - $4.49
Baseball Stars Professional - $4.49
Baseball Stars 2 - $4.49
Fatal Fury - $4.49
Inferno Pool - $1.99
The King of Fighters '94 - $4.49
The King of Fighters '95 - $4.49
The King of Fighters '96 - $4.49
League Bowling - $4.49
Magician Lord - $4.49
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $4.99
Metal Slug - $4.49
Metal Slug 2 - $4.49
Samurai Showdown - $4.49
Shock Troopers - $4.49
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - $4.99
Super Sidekicks - $4.49
World Heroes - $4.49
NeoGeo Station PS3 Bundle Pack - $39.99

PSP
Alpha Mission II - $3.49
Art of Fighting - $3.49
Baseball Stars Professional - $3.49
Baseball Stars 2 - $3.49
Fatal Fury - $3.49
The King of Fighters '94 - $3.49
The King of Fighters '95 - $3.49
The King of Fighters '96 - $3.49
League Bowling - $3.49
Magician Lord - $3.49
Metal Slug - $3.49
Metal Slug 2 - $3.49
Samurai Showdown - $3.49
Shock Troopers - $3.49
Super Sidekicks - $3.49
World Heroes - $3.49

Minis
Galcon Labs - $1.49

Themes
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Wallpaper
Resident Evil 6

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Lights, Camera, Party! - $15 - Move Required
Lights, Camera, Party! Avatar Bundle - $1.99
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - $2.99
Spelunker HD - $5
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 2: Nasty Cave with a Stream - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 3: Fiendish Ancient Ruins - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 4: Frigid Icy Depths - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 5: Ancient Creasure's Fossils - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 6: Cave of Glowing Moss - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 7: Scorching Cave - $1
Spelunker HD - Championship Area 8: Mysterious Mining Facility - $1

Games
Ronnie O'Sullivan's Snooker - PSP/PS3

Full Game Trials
Record of Agarest War Zero - 14 GB

Note: A few collection bundles are listed as on sale for PS+, but none of them exist in any form on PSN as of this writing. Let me know if they pop into existence at some point and I'll add them to the OP.

snk sale is a bit of a disappointment, was looking forward to a bit of metal slug action - I certainly would've dove in on the metal slug collection if it were on sale. Reckon I'll give the re6 wallpaper a spin because, well, hype?

Looks like the update is completely up now, as of sometime within the last hour.

Anyone play with Ronnie O'Sullivan's Snooker yet? (the game, not his actual snooker)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You were on ps3trophies.org and didn't just check the game's page/trophy list?

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/spelunkers/trophies/[/QUOTE]

Thought that was for the Japanese version pr something. I'm very confused, there are 3 different sets of Spelunker trophies listed, and 2 of them have Japanese symbols by the name. I pretty much just go by the one without the symbols.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316058

Check this thread to what's available for purchase directly or via PS3 transfer.[/QUOTE]

Considering most of that was done last night before the store updated today, I was hoping someone could check for sure since MonkeyPaw said it would be available.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thought that was for the Japanese version pr something. I'm very confused, there are 3 different sets of Spelunker trophies listed, and 2 of them have Japanese symbols by the name. I pretty much just go by the one without the symbols.[/QUOTE]

That is the Japanese list, but I'm pretty sure the American list is the same. One of my PSN friends got a DLC trophy and I'm pretty sure she has the American version.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Considering most of that was done last night before the store updated today, I was hoping someone could check for sure since MonkeyPaw said it would be available.[/QUOTE]
They announced ahead of time what would be in the PS Store on Vita, which was accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back