PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's for one account, so your PS3 account with PS+ needs to be the same as the one on the Vita.[/QUOTE]Well, sounds like no PS+ on Vita for me....

I apologize since I'm sure I've stated this a few times before here, but this really annoys me that I cannot use PS+ on my sub account or better yet, take a sub account & turn it into its own master account, separate from the master account it was tied to, similar to Xbox Live. I'm starting to hate the 1 account per Vita restriction now.

[quote name='tylerh1701']In regards to the update tonight, Morgan did mention that they weren't going to post the update until everyone's store was updated, to avoid the problems of last week where some people saw RE5 as free and other's didn't right away.

I'm not sure if they're doing the updates a little differently now that the store has had such dramatic changes, but this may result in slightly later updates, or at the very least slightly later PS Blog update posts. Though I have 0 knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes of the PS Store.[/QUOTE]
They're not posting the PSN Update blog post until the store was completely update, which is terrible for me. :cry:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is showing up on the PS Store for purchase despite not being out until next week. It doesn't specifically say it's a pre-order item either, though it lists the size as 1.6 MB that might be the theme you usually get for pre-orders.

Edit: The fancy part of the store says it's a pre-order, so they need to better label the page itself to show that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's for one account, so your PS3 account with PS+ needs to be the same as the one on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

If you already have PS+, I'd say no harm in trying. PS+ games are supposed to be playable (but not downloadable) from sub accounts. Not sure how it would work if you used your sub account as the main account on the Vita, but it might recognize it as part of your master and let you copy/install stuff via usb from your ps3.

From what I recall, both accounts have to be on the same system in order for a sub-account to play/use content that a master account downloaded, which isn't possible on the Vita. I recall I tried something like that with the PSP (I forgot to switch back to my regular account after adding funds), where I got something on the master account & it said that I couldn't play it on my sub account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']I am pretty stoked about Wipeout being given away for free. Hopefully that makes the online rooms fill up as I've been slacking on those trophies.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I think Wipeout is one of the best games on the system, and I was playing a lot around August...only to find the MP completely dead. I traded it in September, banking that it'd be free for Plus...and it actually paid off. I'm hoping the lobbies start getting back on track as I'm on level 11...and those online trophies are such a grind when you can't find a match.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I'm with you. I think Wipeout is one of the best games on the system, and I was playing a lot around August...only to find the MP completely dead. I traded it in September, banking that it'd be free for Plus...and it actually paid off. I'm hoping the lobbies start getting back on track as I'm on level 11...and those online trophies are such a grind when you can't find a match.[/QUOTE]

I'm only level 6 so I have a ton to go. Last time I played, it was pretty slow and every one was doing Race matches. Combat matches are much easier to pass nodes with and they're much easier to understand so hopefully these get popular again and I'll have to grind the rest of the MP out.

[quote name='scaryice']I can't buy Quantum Conundrum yet for free. Stupid store.[/QUOTE]

Good, so it's not just me. Thought my Plus was screwed up or something.

[quote name='TimesTicking']I never thought that I would actually hate the new PS Store.....[/QUOTE]

I absolutely hate it. I can't load the weekly deals tab, as it just sits and spins. I can see the images, but can't access the on sale content. Ugh

[quote name='mtxbass1']I absolutely hate it. I can't load the weekly deals tab, as it just sits and spins. I can see the images, but can't access the on sale content. Ugh[/QUOTE]

It is indeed atrocious.

While I am not a fan of the new Store, I wasn't a big fan of the old store. The benefit to the new store is since it is now an app and not built into the firmware it will be much easier to roll out updates and fixes for it. So hopefully it will improve quickly. Silver lining and all that jazz.

PlayStation All-Stars is up for pre-order on PSN. It's $59.99. If you pre-order, you can download it next Tuesday at Midnight.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']It is indeed atrocious.[/QUOTE]

What makes me sad is that Asia and JP still have the old one.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']While I am not a fan of the new Store, I wasn't a big fan of the old store. The benefit to the new store is since it is now an app and not built into the firmware it will be much easier to roll out updates and fixes for it. So hopefully it will improve quickly. Silver lining and all that jazz.[/QUOTE]

The old one wasn't the best, but it worked several times better than this one. I think the current one is quite counter productive and quite awful.

[quote name='admiralvic']What makes me sad is that Asia and JP still have the old one.

The old one wasn't the best, but it worked several times better than this one. I think the current one is quite counter productive and quite awful.[/QUOTE]

How right you are.... it is dreadful.

Only thing I like about the new design is the fact the tiles now have the names & prices of the games on them rather than on the side, not to mention the tiles are much bigger now, and I do like how all the add-ons, themes, & such are all part of a game's page when you check it. Otherwise, yeah, not a fan of it still being slow & less organized.

i thought i would hate the new store but its surprisingly organized better than the old one. the lack of full keyboard is horrifying but i dont think ive ever searched anything the entire time ive had a ps3. also bad load times but overall i like it

I love the way the new store looks... but yeah, I agree, it is dreadful to use. I'm always scared my PS3 is going to restart because of how long the load times are for launching it, closing it, loading new pages, selecting something, or anything else related to the store.

Last Chance (Leaving on 11/20)

Discount – Choplifter HD
Discount – Super Stacker Party
Discount – Absolute Supercars

I knew there was a reason why I didn't buy that Blobs game for $3 last week.

Call me cheap, but I no longer buy curiosities. But now I'll get to play it anyway. And if I like it, Guacamelee is on lockdown, because I'm really interested in that game and it's by the same developer.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, Super Stacker Party for $0.89. I heard the trophies are ridiculous though.[/QUOTE]

They are. Huge regret for me when I bought it for $5. Seeing it for $0.89 now just pours a little bit more salt in that wound.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, Super Stacker Party for $0.89. I heard the trophies are ridiculous though.[/QUOTE]
120 levels without dying/quitting/restarting insane

[quote name='tylerh1701']Man lots of game show games on sell. I fear my PSN wallet may be empty soon.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I hear that. Was going to try and save my 20 to put towards persona. Might end up grabbing these though. My wife loves game show games, and they're about the only games she'll play. maybe this will slow down her wanting me to buy jeopardy and wheel of fortune on disc.

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Choplifter HD - $2.99
Dragon's Lair - $4.99
Family Feud - $4.99
Family Feud Decades - $4.99
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right
Hollywood Squares - $4.99
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20
Press Your Luck - $4.99
The Price is Right - $4.99
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free

Apps
Crackle - 22 MB

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy
---------------------------------------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
Choplifter HD - $2.69 - Ends 11/20
Machinarium - $6.99
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - Ends 11/20

Games
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB

Ending for PS+ Next Week:

Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99
Choplifter HD - $2.69 - Ends 11/20
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - Ends 11/20

[quote name='Derextreme']Haha, I hear that. Was going to try and save my 20 to put towards persona. Might end up grabbing these though. My wife loves game show games, and they're about the only games she'll play. maybe this will slow down her wanting me to buy jeopardy and wheel of fortune on disc.[/QUOTE]

It looks like the Game Show Bundle is $9.99 (it says it's $4.99 on the PS Blog but that's got to be a typo) and that includes Press Your Luck, Family Feud, and Price is right. So that might help defray the costs a little. I wish they had bundled them all together for $20 or so, that would have been awesome.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It looks like the Game Show Bundle is $9.99 (it says it's $4.99 on the PS Blog but that's got to be a typo) and that includes Press Your Luck, Family Feud, and Price is right. So that might help defray the costs a little. I wish they had bundled them all together for $20 or so, that would have been awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would've been nice. Unfortunately, I already own the original family feud. It's really too bad they can't let you pick 3 yourself, or find some way to not exclude people who own portions of a bundle.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It looks like the Game Show Bundle is $9.99 (it says it's $4.99 on the PS Blog but that's got to be a typo) and that includes Press Your Luck, Family Feud, and Price is right. So that might help defray the costs a little. I wish they had bundled them all together for $20 or so, that would have been awesome.[/QUOTE]
You can see the correct price above. ;)

The bundle was released before the rest of those games were, so that wasn't an option then.

[quote name='Derextreme']Yeah, that would've been nice. Unfortunately, I already own the original family feud. It's really too bad they can't let you pick 3 yourself, or find some way to not exclude people who own portions of a bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that does suck. Only one I've ever played is Price is Right Decades, so I'll be able to skip that one at least.

Unfortunately there aren't demos for any of them. For any other guys out there that might be interested in them, here are a few details on each one:

Family Feud - 14 trophies (7 offline, 7 online); Metacritic N/A
Family Feud Decades - 16 trophies (14 off, 2 on); Metacritic N/A
Price is Right - 14 trophies (all offline): Metacritic N/A
Price is Right Decades - 46 trophies (including plat, mix of offline and online); 50 Metacritic based on 1 review
Press Your Luck - 13 trophies (all offline); Metacritic N/A
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - 15 trophies (11 off, 4 on); 61 Metacritic based on 4 reviews
Hollywood Squares - 17 trophies (14 off, 3 on); 40 Metacritic based on 1 review

Not a whole lot of info to go by there, but I figured since I did the research I'd post it so others don't have to. I'll still be scouring the net to try and find a few more reviews, since none of the games have demos.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can see the correct price above. ;)

The bundle was released before the rest of those games were, so that wasn't an option then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Also, noticing that the Fantastic 4 Zen Pinball table finally made it to the store. I can't seem to get it to import from Zen Pinball 2, and when I try to download it directly off the store it wants to charge me $2.99, even though I already own it.

Probably just an early snag that will be corrected, but if anybody else has a solution to this and is actually able to import it into Zen Pinball 2, please let me know.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah that does suck. Only one I've ever played is Price is Right Decades, so I'll be able to skip that one at least.

Unfortunately there aren't demos for any of them. For any other guys out there that might be interested in them, here are a few details on each one:

Family Feud - 14 trophies (7 offline, 7 online); Metacritic N/A
Family Feud Decades - 16 trophies (14 off, 2 on); Metacritic N/A
Price is Right - 14 trophies (all offline): Metacritic N/A
Price is Right Decades - 46 trophies (including plat, mix of offline and online); 50 Metacritic based on 1 review
Press Your Luck - 13 trophies (all offline); Metacritic N/A
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - 15 trophies (11 off, 4 on); 61 Metacritic based on 4 reviews
Hollywood Squares - 17 trophies (14 off, 3 on); 40 Metacritic based on 1 review

Not a whole lot of info to go by there, but I figured since I did the research I'd post it so others don't have to. I'll still be scouring the net to try and find a few more reviews, since none of the games have demos.[/QUOTE]
Pre-Req for Ludia interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRf2b8Fh6jw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4vicgIS7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX2IP4JlNlw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y4mmJ3Swm8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMYPZ7rZx9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CyEbofnzlA

They may differ a bit on visual quality, bugs, etc., but these are essentially what you'll get.

[quote name='TheKbob']I wish Atlus would make Persona 4 on PSN... :([/QUOTE]

P4G will be soon enough and that's the definitive version of the game.

[quote name='Slade']P4G will be soon enough and that's the definitive version of the game.[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to something he can play full screen on the PS3, like FES. I too hope they do, as I'd rather play it on my big screen rather than a portable.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Pre-Req for Ludia interest:

They may differ a bit on visual quality, bugs, etc., but these are essentially what you'll get.[/QUOTE]

Wow thank you for amassing all those videos here. Will check them out tomorrow for sure!

Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99

This game is great, it was called SuperCar Challenge in the UK. I imported it when it first came out over a year and a half ago and have nearly finished it. The graphics aren't as good as GT5, not bad though, but the game is fun to play especially if you get a community. The controls are tight with a controller but awesome with a wheel, far better than NFSMW. This is a steal at 7.99. I decided to buy this one also, to play LAN racing on my two ps3s. My only negative is that they lost the license to Lamborghini during the beta which I help test and that killed sales, but there are still a lot of great supercars, just watch the trailer.

I grabbed it tonight for the $0.89 and played for a while. Ya, the whole trophy list pretty much sucks (probably amounts to memorizing how to beat every level and then doing them all in a row without making one mistake)...but, if you don't care about trophies, it's a fun, thinking-required physics-based puzzle game with sort of a cute graphic style. I don't regret the purchase.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']getting some of those game shows would probably make my wife happy, but will she play them enough? they look corny.[/QUOTE]

I got Millionaire to play with my girlfriend, and we had a good time. It's definitely a bit bare-bones (few character selections, generic host, etc) and has a slightly generic feel (especially given the existence of the older Millionaire PC games with Regis and all the bells and whistles). Also, the local multiplayer just has you playing against each other through 15 questions with no lifelines to see who can end at a higher tier...so it pretty much just ends up being a 15 question, "who can get the most right" style competitive trivia game. The single player retains the basic mechanics with the tiers and lifelines and all, though. It's decent enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back