PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kazaganthi']Thanks, now to wait and see if PS+ has a 2 year anniversary bonus[/QUOTE]

As am I, to renew that is. I'm good til October, but will definitely renew if I can get 3 free months again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
ModNation Racers Add-ons - Permanent Price Drop

Games
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale
Monster World IV
The Revenge of Shinobi
Sorcery - $39.99
Super Hang-on
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Wonder Boy in Monster World

PS1 Classics
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare

PS2 Classics
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

Demos
Journey

Add-ons
Atelier Meruru
Dragon's Dogma
Gotham City Imposters
MotorStorm RC
Soul Calibur V

Vita Games
Table Top Tanks

Vita Add-ons
MotorStorm RC
Reality Fighters

And more PSP Games and Minis on the Vita Store over the next two weeks, which should be the rest of the list we've been given.[/QUOTE]

Wow, lots of games, and a Journey demo sounds great to me. Don't care about Modnation Addons though. Thanks Frisky.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not coming to PSN, which is why it's not on the list.[/QUOTE]

you sure? they have it in their may listing

[quote name='jwk94']you sure? they have it in their may listing[/QUOTE]
It could happen at the very last minute, but there are a number of other games on there that also aren't happening just yet either.

I find it rather amusing that Atelier Meruru's first DLC is going up the week before the game comes out (unless NISA gets in touch with them and gets the DLC pushed back a week)

[quote name='buckythekat']I find it rather amusing that Atelier Meruru's first DLC is going up the week before the game comes out (unless NISA gets in touch with them and gets the DLC pushed back a week)[/QUOTE]

Lol, was just about to post the same thing

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
Got the two pieces of Assassin's Creed II DLC since I have the game on disc. Also got Scott Pilgrim bundle, going blind on this, hope it really is like River City Ransom.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's like I was saying before, to me it feels almost just like RCR, just with obviously much better graphics, a wider variety of moves, which are also a bit more over the top; but in terms of a side scrolling beat-em up and the store system where you purchase upgrades like stat increases, new moves, etc. it feels almost just like RCR to me...very fun. :)

The lack of online multiplayer on Scott Pilgrim was one of the most shocking insults of this generation, more-so than Crapcom DLC fest, or anything else that occurred.

Either way, easily one of the best beat em ups i ever played. Gotta get around to completing it one of these days lol

I'm having an absolute blast with that 5-in-1 PS3/PSP mini. Whether it's playing the pool game on my PSPGo or the PS3 on my HDtv it's so much fun. Mind ya, I wish they had allowed you to use English on the cue ball via the shoulder buttons on the PSP or the L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons on the Dual Shock 3, since there have been a bunch of times I coulda likely lined up some trick shots to sink a couple balls at once.

[quote name='dgwillia006']the lack of online multiplayer on scott pilgrim was one of the most shocking insults of this generation, more-so than crapcom dlc fest, or anything else that occurred.

Either way, easily one of the best beat em ups i ever played. Gotta get around to completing it one of these days lol[/quote]

amen

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
ModNation Racers Add-ons - Permanent Price Drop

Games
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale
Monster World IV
The Revenge of Shinobi
Sorcery - $39.99
Super Hang-on
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Wonder Boy in Monster World

PS1 Classics
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare

PS2 Classics
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

Demos
Journey

Add-ons
Atelier Meruru
Dragon's Dogma
Gotham City Imposters
MotorStorm RC
Soul Calibur V

Vita Games
Table Top Tanks

Vita Add-ons
MotorStorm RC
Reality Fighters

And more PSP Games and Minis on the Vita Store over the next two weeks, which should be the rest of the list we've been given.[/QUOTE]

That Syphon Filter game on PS2 is crap, the only bad game of the series. I remember being at E3 2004 and at that game demo and being asked my impressions and told them they had killed Syphon Filter and walking away in disgust over that crappy game.

And I was pretty much right as although the PSP games were fantastic, they were PSP games and no one but pirates and PSP fanboys like myself played them so that series was removed from the general gaming consciousness.

[quote name='JanusDS']Yeah, it's like I was saying before, to me it feels almost just like RCR, just with obviously much better graphics, a wider variety of moves, which are also a bit more over the top; but in terms of a side scrolling beat-em up and the store system where you purchase upgrades like stat increases, new moves, etc. it feels almost just like RCR to me...very fun. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheHelix']Scott Pilgrim is worth $4.89. Just have some friends to play with you since unfortunately there is no online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree this is a very fun game. Went in blind and it was well worth the $4.89! I played the first stage and part of the second one. So much fun, I might look into the comic book that this game is based on.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm having an absolute blast with that 5-in-1 PS3/PSP mini. Whether it's playing the pool game on my PSPGo or the PS3 on my HDtv it's so much fun. Mind ya, I wish they had allowed you to use English on the cue ball via the shoulder buttons on the PSP or the L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons on the Dual Shock 3, since there have been a bunch of times I coulda likely lined up some trick shots to sink a couple balls at once.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, the price was right, but I couldn't find any reviews on it. I might get this and that air hockey/ bowling mini.

Went a little crazy with the Ubisoft sale. Got
AC Brotherhood Bundle
PoP Bundle
PoP Forgotten Sands
Pop Warrior Within
PoP Two Thrones

I already had Sands of Time.

[quote name='Zonic505']They're separate on PSN, but they're a collection on Xbox Live. Noooo idea why they did that.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's weird. I wonder what they're going to cost. Hopefully no more than $3.33 each, like their Xbox price.

Wow, lots of free games. I've never heard of many of them; I'll have to look them up to see if I want them. So far I've really been enjoying the free games I wouldn't have otherwise even tried (Trine 2, Hamsterball, Awesomenauts, Supersonic Rocket Powered Battlecars, Rock of Ages, etc).

Speaking of Rock of Ages, I just tried it last night. I really like the humor and sensibility of the game, and the art is neat, too. And of course the gameplay is very unique (to me, at least - haven't played any similar games).

BUT... is the online totally broken? Every time I tried for a quick match (or anything else), it popped up an error telling me there were no games, before it even had time to search. WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']That Syphon Filter game on PS2 is crap, the only bad game of the series. I remember being at E3 2004 and at that game demo and being asked my impressions and told them they had killed Syphon Filter and walking away in disgust over that crappy game.

And I was pretty much right as although the PSP games were fantastic, they were PSP games and no one but pirates and PSP fanboys like myself played them so that series was removed from the general gaming consciousness.[/QUOTE]

It's not all that bad. They made some mistakes to be sure (e.g., not being able to access all of the game content unless you played online, which hardly anyone did on PS2), but when you really dig into it there is a lot to like if you are a SF fan (which is one of my all time favorite series'). I personally enjoyed it more than SF3.

And yes the PSP games are incredible. We really need a new entry in this series...

[quote name='Zonic505']They're separate on PSN, but they're a collection on Xbox Live. Noooo idea why they did that.[/QUOTE]

That is really shitty if it becomes more expensive for PSN users. I'd be okay with buying the games separate, but I am guessing they will be six bucks a piece or something.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']That is really shitty if it becomes more expensive for PSN users. I'd be okay with buying the games separate, but I am guessing they will be six bucks a piece or something.[/QUOTE]

I am thinking they will be $5 each, which is really shitty compared to the 3 for $10 on Xbox. I'm interested to see come Tuesday.

[quote name='MSUHitman']That Syphon Filter game on PS2 is crap, the only bad game of the series. I remember being at E3 2004 and at that game demo and being asked my impressions and told them they had killed Syphon Filter and walking away in disgust over that crappy game.[/QUOTE]

Glad I never picked that up when Five Below had it for $5 then.

Then again, I still have an unplayed copy of Dark Mirror waiting to be played at some point...

[quote name='Backlash']Wow, lots of free games. I've never heard of many of them; I'll have to look them up to see if I want them. [/QUOTE]

What free games do you mean :?: If you're referring to Frisky's post about the blogcast, that was next week's release list, not the Plus freebie list.

[quote name='GT']What free games do you mean :?: If you're referring to Frisky's post about the blogcast, that was next week's release list, not the Plus freebie list.[/QUOTE]

Oh, crap, guess I misread it :( I'm still busy with my aforementioned actual free PS+ games, though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-twilight-zone

If you're a Pinball Arcade fan, they've got a Kickstarter going to help them pay for all of the licenses required to get The Twilight Zone table because. The basic tier is $10 to get the table on one platform, which would be two if you get the Vita or PS3 version.

Source: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9635640&postcount=165[/QUOTE]

Wow.. a Kickstarter for a Pinball Table? I guess they have Kickstarters for everything these days.. seems like overkill to me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's for the licenses to put the table into the game, not the table itself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand that. Still seems like overkill to me though. For $10,000 I'd expect them to deliver me a real-life physical pinball table lol.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It may seem like overkill to you, but that's what it costs to get the licenses since they've done the work to figure out the math to make it work.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the cost for the licenses is unrealistic or surprising or anything, I'm saying that it being a kickstarter is a bit weird. I didn't think there'd be much interest in people supporting/pledging that.

[quote name='Barry Burton']anybody ever play Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare[/QUOTE]

I played it back on the ps1 and loved it. Sort of an atmospheric survival horror game with Lovecraftian overtones. Really good stuff.

[quote name='sunghost']I'm not saying the cost for the licenses is unrealistic or surprising or anything, I'm saying that it being a kickstarter is a bit weird. I didn't think there'd be much interest in people supporting/pledging that.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha now. The thing is that Kickstarter gives them the option of letting the community help them get the licenses sorted out instead of it not happening and that being the end of it like it used to be.

They've already passed 10% on the first day, so I could see it making it by the end. The notion that surpassing the goal would be the first step to help them get some of the other expensive licenses should help.

The Twilight Zone Kickstarter has reached $11k, so that's 20% of the way there on its first day. They mention in the Q&A section that Star Trek: TNG would be about another $55k on top since it comes from the same company as Twilight Zone.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']final fight still has the DRM system in it right? so I couldn't play it with my 1 gameshare buddy?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how gameshare works, but yes Final Fight still has online DRM.

im allowed to have all items except avatars used by all accounts on 2 systems, online passes, add ons, themes, full games, etc. but I heard this is the one PSN game that doesn't let you play on another system for an hour after being on another one, or something.... and if psn is down or your internet isnt connected you can't play it at all.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']im allowed to have all items except avatars used by all accounts on 2 systems, online passes, add ons, themes, full games, etc. but I heard this is the one PSN game that doesn't let you play on another system for an hour after being on another one, or something.... and if psn is down or your internet isnt connected you can't play it at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought it when it went on sale about 2 weeks before PSN went down last year. I wasn't too happy about that.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']..but I heard this is the one PSN game that doesn't let you play on another system for an hour after being on another one, or something.... and if psn is down or your internet isnt connected you can't play it at all.[/QUOTE]
It's actually 24 hours that you can't play it with the same account on a different system.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 and some of the very first PS3 Full Games (Warhawk and I think GT5 Prologue) also have online DRM.

okay, might just be outland for me then. I liked final fight in the arcade growing up but I got the free streets of rage with PS+ and they are basically the same. Not to mention Magic Sword seems pretty wonky....

Not to mention all of these "arcade" games don't penalize you for using 1,000 continues to powerhouse through the entire game, which is why X-Men arcade was ruined for me. So easy to just spam special moves and keep respawning.

Oh and boycotting DRM is good, even if it is a bargain. lookin at you diablo 3!

I played Outland for about an hour tonight and I have got to say, it is fantastic. I can't believe I missed this one. Anyone on the fence should definitely pick it up.

[quote name='hostyl1']Is there any content in the Prince of Persia HD versions that isnt in the PS2/GC/OG-Xbox versions?[/QUOTE]

3d support and trophies, but no extra content.

when does the sale on Rayman Origins start/end? I'm without a PS3 at the moment and won't be buying one soon, I am waiting for the price drop everyone keeps mentioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back