PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='illmatic21']So the 50% off of Final Fantasy games for PS+ members is confirmed? I tried wading through the past few pages but I didn't see it. It seems like this is a topic about Final Fantasy XIII rather than PSN sales.

If you're bored and you want to troll because you have nothing better to do with your day, go do it on the thread dedicated to the game itself.[/QUOTE]
Check the OP for the list.

[quote name='illmatic21']So the 50% off of Final Fantasy games for PS+ members is confirmed? I tried wading through the past few pages but I didn't see it. It seems like this is a topic about Final Fantasy XIII rather than PSN sales.

If you're bored and you want to troll because you have nothing better to do with your day, go do it on the thread dedicated to the game itself.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it was confirmed in the PS Blogcast. Wait for "The Drop" to post on the PS Blog today, they might provide more info on that post.

Edit: http://blog.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2012/03/18/vote-in-this-weeks-theatrical-throwdown-3/
The Rum Diary vs A very Harold and Kumar Christmas for this week's $0.99 movie throwdown.

Hmm... Not sure which movie I want to watch more.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They won't. The Drop is just for new releases. There will be another Spring Fever post on Monday or Tuesday with more details.[/QUOTE]
Oh okay, thanks for clearing things up.

[quote name='Trakan']Keep discussion on topic or DO NOT POST.[/QUOTE]
These PSN Final Fantasy titles (back when the series was good) sales are pretty coo. Good thing I have PS+.

Not interested in generic military shootems tho, so I'll pass up on these Clone of Duty Modern Borefare sales. I'm sure that people that love generic cloned copy and pasted games will love this sale tho. Hopefully they have PS+ so they can get crappy games for cheap!

I like being on topic, this is coo!

I will be picking up Final Fantasy IV:Complete, FF VI, VII, VIII, and maybe IX. I do have to say that as great of a deal that this is (I'm PS+), this is big tease as a Vita owner. Stop trolling me and just let me play some damn PSone games on my Vita.

[quote name='neuropunk']These PSN Final Fantasy titles (back when the series was good) sales are pretty coo. Good thing I have PS+.

Not interested in generic military shootems tho, so I'll pass up on these Clone of Duty Modern Borefare sales. I'm sure that people that love generic cloned copy and pasted games will love this sale tho. Hopefully they have PS+ so they can get crappy games for cheap!

I like being on topic, this is coo![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not interested in any of these March sales with only games belonging to generic, overhyped, overcommercialized series' with 15 sequels on sale. Cool for PS+ people who like generic trash though, I'm happy for them. :)

Hopefully April is more like February.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Is there any point in playing Dissidia before 012? Or is the story disjointed and the sequel just a better game?[/QUOTE]

There's no point in buying the first at all. Once you beat 012, you unlock the first game.

[quote name='dgwillia006']To anyone interested, Warriors Orochi 3 has a confirmed price of 49.99 on PSN[/QUOTE]

This is PSN only? No retail disc release?

For anyone with PS Plus right now, I highly recommend getting Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars while it's still free. Very addictive game where you play soccer with RC cars. Great physics too, if you don't get frustrated by these types of games. Liked it a lot more than I expected.

do we know for sure if duodecim will be on sale yet? or will we not find out until the store is upadated tomorrow?

i'm going to trade in my fft and duodecim umd's toward a psn card but want to be sure it will be on sale first

I'm super tempted to grab FF6 and play through it for like the 80th time, I'm just concerned that it might have the annoying PS1 lag. Can anyone who has downloaded it already enlighten me?

[quote name='gospelman']do we know for sure if duodecim will be on sale yet? or will we not find out until the store is upadated tomorrow?

i'm going to trade in my fft and duodecim umd's toward a psn card but want to be sure it will be on sale first[/QUOTE]

I guess it's possible they'll post something about the FF sales today, but my guess is that it will come tomorrow with the update.

[quote name='gospelman']do we know for sure if duodecim will be on sale yet? or will we not find out until the store is upadated tomorrow?

i'm going to trade in my fft and duodecim umd's toward a psn card but want to be sure it will be on sale first[/QUOTE]
There will be a new post on the PS Blog today or tomorrow to confirm what's on sale, but they've said that 10 Final Fantasy games will be on sale and there are 11 on PSN. If you wanted that game, it was just on sale the week before last for 50% off and is the most likely candidate to not be a part of that sale.

[quote name='herweg']There's no point in buying the first at all. Once you beat 012, you unlock the first game.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of ridiculous, but at least it saves me a few bucks. Thanks for the heads up.

thanks for the replies. i realize it was on sale recently. but I just bought a vita this last weekend.. hence my present need for the digital version.

Ugh, I really want the NFS hot pursuit DLC to go on sale again. Does anyone know how often they've seen it? I only saw it once around Dec/Jan I think.

[quote name='Velo214']only saw it on sale once last winter/fall for like 20 for everything. i foolishly bought it ;)
great game tho![/QUOTE]

I loved the game. I thought the dlc included some extra challenges in addition to new cars. You didn't think the dlc was worth it?

Why don't you just wait a day and see the update before trading them in? It won't be a one day sale.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why don't you just wait a day and see the update before trading them in? It won't be a one day sale.[/QUOTE]

that's the plan. i was just checking. i'm not an expert on these psn sales and figured many of the cags that post here would know

OK, I'll throw this question out since they're the same price... for a PSP/Vita owner, any reason to get PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics over War of the Lions?

[quote name='Kazuya']OK, I'll throw this question out since they're the same price... for a PSP/Vita owner, any reason to get PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics over War of the Lions?[/QUOTE]

nostalgia and smooth frame rates.

[quote name='backseatdog']nostalgia and smooth frame rates.[/QUOTE]

You do lose out on some content and better cutscenes with voice work though.

[quote name='Kazuya']OK, I'll throw this question out since they're the same price... for a PSP/Vita owner, any reason to get PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics over War of the Lions?[/QUOTE]

The translation in the PS1 version is a mess. It'd be best to go with WofL.

[quote name='Thrinn']The translation in the PS1 version is a mess. It'd be best to go with WofL.[/QUOTE]

Agreed I loved the original, but the translation on the remake is so much better. Plus you get new cutscenes, new characters, and a harder difficulty mode.

Is there any difference between the Dissidia game that comes with 012 and the original Dissidia game or is it a straight copy?

Also, does anyone know if the $2.99 prologue comes with any bonus content or content that is not available in 012? I know people refer to it as a paid demo, but is it really just a paid demo or does it have exclusive content?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is there any difference between the Dissidia game that comes with 012 and the original Dissidia game or is it a straight copy?

Also, does anyone know if the $2.99 prologue comes with any bonus content or content that is not available in 012? I know people refer to it as a paid demo, but is it really just a paid demo or does it have exclusive content?[/QUOTE]

Prologue lets you import Aerith to the main game as an assist character. I'm assuming the Dissidia unlock is the same game, but then again I haven't beat 012 yet.

[quote name='phogoodness']Prologue lets you import Aerith to the main game as an assist character. I'm assuming the Dissidia unlock is the same game, but then again I haven't beat 012 yet.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool, I might buy it then. Reason I ask about the two different versions is cause I own both but haven't played either, so if they're exactly the same, I'll just delete the original Dissidia and play through 012.

I thought NFS HP was great, but the dlc i think was 3 pieces for 10 each, i think the sale was all 3 for like 21ish. its great dlc for challenges, etc, i just havnt touched it yet. backlog+ lazy... im just saying if i waited longer i could probly get the game/dlc bundle before i even have a chance to play it. i bought nfs hp on psn but it was the euro version and it didnt work with my dlc so i had to sell that psn share and rebuy the disk version. lol

also wish i could play fftactics war of the lions on my ps3, but guess im stuck with ps1 version. I remember getting a whole team of dragons and having cloud and robo :) just good times ;) and doing that berserk frog put down controller and go have lunch infinite xp trick ;)

Has anyone played the PSP version of Tactics on the Vita? Was the slowdown people complained about any better? From my experience PSP games load a lot faster on the Vita so I'm hoping these issues would be fixed by playing on the Vita.

I tried to play the PS1 version of FFT a long time ago and remember it being very hard at random points that started with the second fight being extremely hard before I gave up on it. I played other SRPGs that were a bit more user-friendly up front (Jeanne D'Arc, Valkyria Chronicles, FFTA, and others) and more enjoyable. I got the PSP version a while ago, but got lost in the millions of tutorials that it offers and it doesn't mark which ones you've seen.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I tried to play the PS1 version of FFT a long time ago and remember it being very hard at random points that started with the second fight being extremely hard before I gave up on it. I played other SRPGs that were a bit more user-friendly up front (Jeanne D'Arc, Valkyria Chronicles, FFTA, and others) and more enjoyable. I got the PSP version a while ago, but got lost in the millions of tutorials that it offers and it doesn't mark which ones you've seen.[/QUOTE]

Yes FFT has wild swings in difficulty. Always carry a separate save file. Don't remember it getting that hard in the second fight, but there is some nasty business in Chapter 3. Anyway the story is phenomenal while the gameplay is still fun overall, so I would recommend giving it another shot. I played FFTA before FFT though, so I knew a good amount of the basics. The story blows FFTA's out of the water though, can't believe they dumbed it down that much.

Ummm... Sony. If you're reading this. Where the **** are the deals on PSN cards and PS+????!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft is having a bonanza on all kinds of things!

Eh. Maybe it's just me. Atleast I still get tons for free:)! *hugs Sony*

As long as the difficulty spikes are toned down in the PSP version, I'll probably get that tomorrow. It may have been my first SRPG to add a little bit to the learning curve, but that game was ridiculous at times.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ummm... Sony. If you're reading this. Where the **** are the deals on PSN cards and PS+????!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft is having a bonanza on all kinds of things!

Eh. Maybe it's just me. Atleast I still get tons for free:)! *hugs Sony*[/QUOTE]

I'd LOVE to catch a good deal on PS+. I'm hoping they offer another "Buy 12, get 3 free" this summer, I'll re-up for sure then if they do.

Otherwise, I'm good til October, so I'll keep looking for a good deal on them (that doesn't involve exploiting a Target printing error).

sweet deals this week! definitely buying tactics so I have something to play on my vita. will probably buy 012 as well for vita love. might as well get the other ff's so I have them when ps1 classic comparability hits the vita!
RPGs are my favorite on handhelds.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']As long as the difficulty spikes are toned down in the PSP version, I'll probably get that tomorrow. It may have been my first SRPG to add a little bit to the learning curve, but that game was ridiculous at times.[/QUOTE]

You're quite right, there's a bitch of a fight in the first 2-5 rounds that gets me every single time (I've played through this game a lot). I think there's some high ground and a couple archers and a seemingly overpowered mage in the mix or something. Always hated that fight. It gets a lot better afterwards if you can just tough through it.

I look forward to building an army of Calculators and Chocobos.

Calculator.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back