PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So ever since I got my Vita I've been wanting a Harvest Moon game. Should I try and wait for a PSN sale for Hero of Leaf Valley (currently $30), or do those not come up that often? I've never really bought many things off PSN before and don't know how often things go on sale.

If it is something you really want to play, go ahead and download it. PSN sales rarely come and if one does come, was it worth all of that time waited just to save $10-15?

[quote name='DeskLaser']If it is something you really want to play, go ahead and download it. PSN sales rarely come and if one does come, was it worth all of that time waited just to save $10-15?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's mainly what I wanted to know :D

[quote name='backseatdog']nostalgia and smooth frame rates.[/QUOTE]

Of course the trade off is that at present, the PS1 FF Tactics isn't playable on the Vita (except using remote play).

[quote name='Decker']Of course the trade off is that at present, the PS1 FF Tactics isn't playable on the Vita (except using remote play).[/QUOTE]

^ This.

If you get WotL version, you can actually play on th vita. If you dont, well, might have to remote play which is a bit more annoying (and laggy in my experience).

I'd get WotL if I were you. I'd also get the other Vita compatible FF's like FFIV (the only one I think...)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is there any difference between the Dissidia game that comes with 012 and the original Dissidia game or is it a straight copy?[/QUOTE]

The 012 version has the same story, but the campaign is redone in the style of the second game, with a world map and all the sequel's improvements.

[quote name='Zbornak']The 012 version has the same story, but the campaign is redone in the style of the second game, with a world map and all the sequel's improvements.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I'll just delete the original then, wasted money but oh well, only 10 bucks, thanks!

[quote name='scottman']For anyone with PS Plus right now, I highly recommend getting Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars while it's still free. Very addictive game where you play soccer with RC cars. Great physics too, if you don't get frustrated by these types of games. Liked it a lot more than I expected.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this post! I originally skipped over this one (even though it's free), but I downloaded it last night and started it just to try it out, and ended up playing it for over an hour with my wife in local splitscreen, and then another 20 minutes in online matches. Very fun.

Some of the arenas are awful (the pirate ship = ugh), but most are good and of course you get to choose anyway.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Is the PS1 Tactics fine for those of us who don't own a PSP or Vita?[/QUOTE]

While it's the lesser version, it's still a really solid game. It's major downfall is that it can be a bit more difficult to follow the storyline due to the poor translation. $5 or $7 is not a bad deal at all for a game that use to go for $100+ on eBay IIRC.

My PS3 just died and I'm still under the original warranty; if I buy the extended warranty now while I'm a PS Plus member, does sending in my PS3 now affect it in any way?

Also, is there any way to salvage my game saves, or will they send the same unit back? My PS3 doesn't power on at all. (It's a 160GB model, if that makes any difference.)

[quote name='whitereflection']My PS3 just died and I'm still under the original warranty; if I buy the extended warranty now while I'm a PS Plus member, does sending in my PS3 now affect it in any way?

Also, is there any way to salvage my game saves, or will they send the same unit back? My PS3 doesn't power on at all. (It's a 160GB model, if that makes any difference.)[/QUOTE]

You had Gold, but didn't backup your saves to the cloud?

[quote name='whitereflection']Also, is there any way to salvage my game saves, or will they send the same unit back? My PS3 doesn't power on at all. (It's a 160GB model, if that makes any difference.)[/QUOTE]

If you have PS+, your save files should be saved in the cloud (unless for some reason you didn't do that.)

[quote name='Fatality']Has Final Fantasy VII been cheaper no Playstation plus so I would be paying $6.99[/QUOTE]
I never seen vii sold for less than $9.99 since it was first released on PSN, that is why I'm jumping in on this deal later today.

[quote name='TheLongshot']If you have PS+, your save files should be saved in the cloud (unless for some reason you didn't do that.)[/QUOTE]

I didn't do that. I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to access the saves on my hard drive if I saved in the cloud, but you're implying that it would've saved to both? Well, I guess I'm fubar'd.

[quote name='whitereflection']I didn't do that. I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to access the saves on my hard drive if I saved in the cloud, but you're implying that it would've saved to both? Well, I guess I'm fubar'd.[/QUOTE]

It saves to your drive, then it uploads daily at a time you set. I asked this a couple months ago too.

[quote name='whitereflection']I didn't do that. I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to access the saves on my hard drive if I saved in the cloud, but you're implying that it would've saved to both? Well, I guess I'm fubar'd.[/QUOTE]

The saves upload from the hard drive automatically to the cloud system if you set the PS3 to do so. Mine is set to do this while I am sleeping.

So what exactly happened that it died?

[quote name='madcyantist']What are the must buy FF games if I don't own any?[/QUOTE]

4, 6, 7, and Tactics. 9 was as highly rated as any other final fantasy but under the radar. Probably because it released so late during PS1 era.

[quote name='mitch079']The saves upload from the hard drive automatically to the cloud system if you set the PS3 to do so. Mine is set to do this while I am sleeping.

So what exactly happened that it died?[/QUOTE]

It's strange because I bought my PS3 during that Target deal for $140 (after gift cards) but I only got around to setting it up last month because my backlog is huge. So I've only used it for less than a month at this point. I was playing Street Fighter HD Remix - the free game this month for PS Plus members - with a PS2 controller via the PS2 to PS3 adapter that was posted here a week ago when my PS3 suddenly shuts down completely - there's no standby power so I'd guess the power supply failed. Talk about shitty luck.

I guess there's the possibility that it was the adapter that fucked up my PS3, so if any of you got in on that deal, be warned.

[quote name='madcyantist']What are the must buy FF games if I don't own any?[/QUOTE]

Most of the pre-FF12 Final Fantasy games are really good and I case could be made for you to own all of them. I've played most of them and own all of the PS1 and PS2 games, but I'm still going to pick up a bunch from this sale. So if you want to follow my lead, this is what I consider must buy for me:

Final Fantasy VI: I, II, and VI, and the only one's I haven't played. This is considered by many to be the best Final Fantasy of all time. I think it's about time I played this once and for all. Must Buy.

Final Fantasy VII: This is a must play not only because it's a good game (and my favorite game of all time) but also because of the historical and cultural aspect of being the game that popularized JRPGs in the west. It's pretty much a game that every JRPG player must play.

Final Fantasy IX: This was the first RPG I ever played (pretty bad I know), and I loved it. I played it a couple years ago again to make sure I didn't just love it for nostalgic purposes...nope, it's just an overall great game. Good story, good combat, very long, and some pretty decent characters. The graphics and music are also about anything else from that era of gaming

Final Fantasy Tactics: If you like strategy RPGs like Disgaea, why not try the game that once again popularized them in the west. The story is really confusing but the class system is super deep and again, a very long game. I'm going to be getting the PSP version so I can play it on the Vita. I'll just play a battle or two every night before going to bed. It's perfect.

So those are my choices. I'm sure other people here can persuade you with the other games. I just don't feel the need to revisit them.

[quote name='whitereflection']It's strange because I bought my PS3 during that Target deal for $140 (after gift cards) but I only got around to setting it up last month because my backlog is huge. So I've only used it for less than a month at this point. I was playing Street Fighter HD Remix - the free game this month for PS Plus members - with a PS2 controller via the PS2 to PS3 adapter that was posted here a week ago when my PS3 suddenly shuts down completely - there's no standby power so I'd guess the power supply failed. Talk about shitty luck.

I guess there's the possibility that it was the adapter that fucked up my PS3, so if any of you got in on that deal, be warned.[/QUOTE]

Crap what model was it? I have a Black ops 160 GB bundle I haven't opened yet and a 250 GB from that deal.

You were able to get the Black Ops bundle? I thought the deal was only good for the regular PS3. It might've saved me from buying an expensive paperweight. Well, the model is CECH-2501A.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Note that Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP version) runs literally slower than the PSOne version. [/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to knock you personally, as I am sure you didn't make the video, but watching it, I was expecting some sort of major issue. Whoever is really complaining about that seems kind of anal.

[quote name='whitereflection']You were able to get the Black Ops bundle? I thought the deal was only good for the regular PS3. It might've saved me from buying an expensive paperweight. Well, the model is CECH-2501A.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had to exchange to get it. It took 2 trys but I got one. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='bdb2m']I'm not trying to knock you personally, as I am sure you didn't make the video, but watching it, I was expecting some sort of major issue. Whoever is really complaining about that seems kind of anal.[/QUOTE]
I don't think so at all

It sounds more like you're unable to really see difference in frame rate, in other games 20fps and 30fps wouldn't look all that different to you

[quote name='elessar123']You had Gold, but didn't backup your saves to the cloud?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o:censored::whistle2:# Ain't no 'gold' around these parts! :twoguns:

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I don't think so at all

It sounds more like you're unable to really see difference in frame rate, in other games 20fps and 30fps wouldn't look all that different to you[/QUOTE]
Shakycam footage isn't the greatest example of it, so somebody might want to post a good video if they want to give people evidence. Having started up my UMD version to check it out, it's not anywhere close to being unplayable. It's a minor issue for me that's barely noticeable.

If it bothers you that much, then it's fine to prefer the original. It's getting to the point where it's borderline FUD for people to call it unplayable when it's such a subjective issue.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I don't think so at all

It sounds more like you're unable to really see difference in frame rate, in other games 20fps and 30fps wouldn't look all that different to you[/QUOTE]

I can see the framerate differences in the video, but I don't see why it's that big of a deal.

Final Fantasy Tactics is not a game like Ninja Gaiden, where split second timing is required. To me, this particular example was being overly picky especially for the type of game it is. I can understand that not everyone feels the same, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

yeah thats why some people call the PSP version borderline unplayable it was no big deal to me meanwhile the PSP version also has more classes, extra characters and added cutsceens. the PS1 version is still one of all the best games of all time

[quote name='bdb2m']I can see the framerate differences in the video, but I don't see why it's that big of a deal.

Final Fantasy Tactics is not a game like Ninja Gaiden, where split second timing is required. To me, this particular example was being overly picky especially for the type of game it is. I can understand that not everyone feels the same, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention I would take a few framerate hiccups in exchange for a translation that is a zillion times better. I loved Tactics when it came out on the PS1 but the broken engrish (yea...typed that on purpose) was horrid. The dialogue on the PSP version is out of this world, crazy good.

Anybody know an approximate length for Rayman 3? I'm thinking 8-10 hours, as it was a full retail release years ago, but I'd like to find out and can't find much on Google.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) $13.99/$9.79
Final Fantasy Origins (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) $20.99/$14.69
Final Fantasy V (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy VI (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy VII (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy VIII (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy IX (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP) $6.99/$4.89
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSone Classic): $6.99/$4.89

Playstation Store updated 5 minutes ago, sale is live.
Sumioni: Demon Arts reminds me of Okami, wish I had a vita. Going to pick up a few FF Classics and that will be it for me this week.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']"Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+"

This doesn't seem to have any sales applied to it yet.[/QUOTE]

As he noted, one game wouldn't be getting a sale. Looks like we have our odd man out. I was going to grab 3 months of PS+ for the discount on the one, but looks like I won't be. Still going to grab War of the Lions and maybe some classic Final Fantasys.

Thrown my hat in the PSP framerate issue is a non-issue. Played it through completely had no problems. In fact I would have a problem going back to the PSone version with all the extras and don't forget the native widescreen.

Has anyone heard if they scrapped plans to bring the PSP versions of FF one and two to the PSN store or not? I'd rather have them then FF origins for my Vita.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']As he noted, one game wouldn't be getting a sale. Looks like we have our odd man out. I was going to grab 3 months of PS+ for the discount on the one, but looks like I won't be. Still going to grab War of the Lions and maybe some classic Final Fantasys.[/QUOTE]

um...why didn't you get duodecim on sale a couple weeks ago? Thats why its not included in this one.

Wow, this is the earliest the store has updated in months. :lol:

Wait, I'm not seeing Final Fantasy IX on sale.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']As he noted, one game wouldn't be getting a sale. Looks like we have our odd man out. I was going to grab 3 months of PS+ for the discount on the one, but looks like I won't be. Still going to grab War of the Lions and maybe some classic Final Fantasys.[/QUOTE]

Well, this game was already on sale two or so weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back