PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Question, I should be able to install and play final fantasy vii on my ps3 correct? I have downloaded it and every time I click the install bubble it goes through the installation but when I click ok After its finished it still shows the install bubble for the game and it didn't install.[/QUOTE]

It should be in your list of games, under all the install bubbles.

[quote name='NoHo']I don't want to give my credit card to the 360 or the PS3. With MS auto charging you for everything and PSN always getting compromised, I prefer to use codes.[/QUOTE]

That's cool that you don't want to give your credit card out, but how is the PS3 "always getting compromised"? It was done once and the credit information wasn't even leaked. I wouldn't consider once in years as "always".

[quote name='Optical']AH! I'm contemplating buying all of the $4.89 (PS+ discounted) FF games for PS1 and PSP. I own all the physical copies, but man, I'd be nice to play them all on Vita.[/QUOTE]

I did this myself as I can't imagine Vita won't play PS1 games real soon.
I even signed up for PS+ for 3 months to get the discount (and actually saved money in the deal)

[quote name='NoHo']Probably because PSN is more trouble to deal with than it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that totally makes sense. Just like it makes sense that you're fine with giving your credit card info to Best Buy or Gamestop but not Sony. fuckin idiot.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, that totally makes sense. Just like it makes sense that you're fine with giving your credit card info to Best Buy or Gamestop but not Sony. fuckin idiot.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Sony's the only one of those 3 who had a huge hacking scandal where credit card info was leaked.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']To be fair, Sony's the only one of those 3 who had a huge hacking scandal where credit card info was leaked.[/QUOTE]
Well the credit card info were encrypted, so they got nothing. I haven't even heard of anyone who received fraudulent charges. As anybody that works in IT security can tell you, there is no such thing as a 100% secured network. Its not a matter of if your network will get hacked, it is a matter of when and how you minimize your exposure.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The bubble is left behind since that's needed to transfer it to the PSP. It should still be installed on the PS3 once that's done.[/QUOTE]

That's why the bubble stays behind now on minis and stuff now ?! Duh. It want like that before....I was wondering why my system decided to start doing this

I broke down and bought FF VI, FF IX, and Dissidia for my vita. I have no clue what Dissidia is about. I played it for a bit but this game is confusing the hell out of me.

Anyone play IX on their PSP? I remember playing Resident Evil 1 on my PSP and the text was too small or something so I gave up on it. Is IX easy to read on PSP?

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Anyone play IX on their PSP? I remember playing Resident Evil 1 on my PSP and the text was too small or something so I gave up on it. Is IX easy to read on PSP?[/QUOTE]

I would say the font size is comparable to that of fft psp's. Readable but on the slightly smaller side.

[quote name='shadowkast']That's why the bubble stays behind now on minis and stuff now ?! Duh. It want like that before....I was wondering why my system decided to start doing this[/QUOTE]

So I came in late on this convo, but does that mean after I've installed say "Syphon Filter" and I still see another bubble, thats to transfer it to a psp?

And if I had deleted it(which I did), I would have to do what to get it back?

Re-download it or delete the game and re-download it?

I just got Final Fantasy VIII and IX.

Already have:
Paid $10 for VII when it was first released as a PS1 Classic
Got FFIV:Complete Collection and War Lions on UMD
Got V for free from PS+ and on GBA.
Have FFI and FFII on PSP and GBA.
FFVI on GBA.

I wonder if I should still get Origins, PS1 FF VI, and PS1 Tactics just to have digital copies?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Its actually really clever. I heard lots of gripes from people having to redownload content just to get it in "bubble" form.[/QUOTE]

True. But better still would be to make it an option on the Settings menu.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Its actually really clever. I heard lots of gripes from people having to redownload content just to get it in "bubble" form.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, none of my PSP games were transferring to my Vita (stored in the PSP folder), so I had to redownload them in bubble form. This is a problem for VCII DLC, as it's 22 different files and now 22 different bubbles...

I really wanted to play FFIV Complete on my Vita, but own a sealed copy of it still on UMD. Caved and spent the money since it was under $15 being a Plus member, also grabbed Tactics since it was cheap cheap even though i own it on UMD as well. also grabbed all the missing PS1 FF games, like IV and VI and Tactics.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-2-unleashed-ghost-recon-future-soldier-beta/

Here's the PS+ schedule for April:
This April, we’re preparing some great offers for PlayStation Plus that will make you think twice about going outside. For starters, we’re happy to announce the free games coming in April to Plus: PSN Game Shank 2 and PS3 Full Game Shift 2 Unleashed! You’ll be able to get these titles free in Plus starting on April 3rd and throughout the month of April. In addition, we’ve also got more free content including PSone Classic Silent Hill, PS minis Cananbalt, Farm Frenzy 2 and Mystic Garden, as well as PSN Game Frogger Returns.

Free games aren’t the only benefit to Plus. Last month saw the exclusive early access to the much-anticipated PSN game Journey. This month, you’ll be the first to try out Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta!

Hefty discounts on the games you care about are always a part of Plus, and April will bring more discounts on content you love. New releases Wheels of Destruction, House of the Dead 4, and the debut of the standalone Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City will all have discounts the day they’re available to download from PlayStation Store!

You’ll also want to check out sweet free Avatars from the PS Vita hit Escape Plan, as well as PlayStation Plus exclusive avatars and themes for The House of the Dead and Devil May Cry.

There’s more to come in April that we can’t quite talk about yet, but rest assured we’ll bring you more news throughout the month on more great Plus content. If you haven’t seen all that Plus has to offer for yourself, you can go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 and head to the PlayStation Plus section, or click here to purchase a voucher code online that will be emailed instantly to you to redeem in the PlayStation Store.

Some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

Deals
Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes From Liberty City - $11.99 - 4/10
The House Of The Dead 4 - $6.99 - 4/17
Disney Universe - 50% Off - 4/24

Games
Farm Frenzy 2 - PSP/PS3 - 4/3
Shank 2 - 4/3
Shift 2 Unleashed - 4/3
Silent Hill - PSP/PS3 - 4/3
Canabalt - PSP/PS3 - 4/10
Mystic Garden - 4/10
Frogger Returns - 4/17

Demos/Betas
The House of the Dead 4 Demo - 4/10
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Closed Beta - Date TBA

Full Game Trials
Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes From Liberty City - 4/10
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - 4/17
NHL 12 - 4/17
Saints Row The Third - 4/17
Disney Universe - 4/24
The Cursed Crusade - 4/24
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 4/24
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - 4/24

Media
Qore Episode 47 – April – 4/10

Free Avatars and Themes
Escape Plan Lil Avatar - 4/3
Escape Plan Bakuki Avatar - 4/3
Escape Plan Logo Avatar - 4/3
Escape Plan Triangle Avatar - 4/3
Escape Plan Laarg Avatar - 4/3
The House of the Dead 4 Goldman Avatar - 4/17
The House of the Dead 4 James Avatar - 4/17
The House of the Dead 4 Kate Avatar - 4/17
The House of the Dead 4 Dynamic Theme - 4/17

Exclusive Discounted Avatar Bundles
Devil May Cry Avatar Bundle - $0.99 - 4/3
Devil May Cry 2 Avatar Bundle - $0.99 - 4/3
Devil May Cry 3 Avatar Bundle - $0.99 - 4/3

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I could try and sell/trade my disc copy of Shift 2 Unleashed. Pretty pumped about Shank 2 and Silent Hill.

Free Shank 2! Hell ya! PSN games are my bread and butter, and PS+ is coming through with 2 of them this month (Shank 2 and Frogger Returns).

Nothing remarkable in the discounts area, but hoping for a few good discounts to fall under the "There’s more to come in April that we can’t quite talk about yet, but rest assured we’ll bring you more news throughout the month on more great Plus content."

Took a while for them to fine tune the service but Plus is really hitting its stride in 2012, great offers just about every month now.

Nice, one really good thing about next month is Silent Hill PS1 for PS+ member. But it does saddens me that the Silent Hill HD Collection port was a bad job from what I read in reviews.

Hmmmmm...maybe I should get PS+ now...if I join before the end of the month, can I still get March's free PS+ games (Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix)?

fuck yeah free silent hill! Too bad Shank 2 doesn't have story coop, doubt I'll play through it without that. Oh well, great deals here.

[quote name='Dranakin']Hmmmmm...maybe I should get PS+ now...if I join before the end of the month, can I still get March's free PS+ games (Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix)?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they'll all still be available until at least 4/3 since they don't appear in the Last Chance section of the PS+ part of the store.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, they'll all still be available until at least 4/3 since they don't appear in the Last Chance section of the PS+ part of the store.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks. Guess I will join. I regret returning my $13 new copy of Sly Cooper HD.

Does anybody know if there is a way I can buy PS3 content away from my PS3? I'm leaving for the summer and I don't want to pass up any good deals that might happen during that time.

[quote name='EarthKing']Does anybody know if there is a way I can buy PS3 content away from my PS3? I'm leaving for the summer and I don't want to pass up any good deals that might happen during that time.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Vita you can do it via Remote Play over the internets...

[quote name='handsomepete']If you have a Vita you can do it via Remote Play over the internets...[/QUOTE]

I have a vita...Does the Vita have PS3 section? I don't remember seeing that. I'm not going to be in town. I"m going back to AZ for the summer (for about 6 weeks).

[quote name='EarthKing']Does anybody know if there is a way I can buy PS3 content away from my PS3? I'm leaving for the summer and I don't want to pass up any good deals that might happen during that time.[/QUOTE]

See post #6.

Got an email that says that Sony's extending Spring Fever for another week so that Wheels of Destruction can be the fourth title in the lineup on 4/3:
Gelid Games’ upcoming vehicular combat title Wheels of Destruction has been invited to participate in PlayStation®Network’s Spring Fever by Sony – as a result, Gelid is thrilled to announce that a new release date is set for April 3rd, 2012. Coming exclusively to PSN, Wheels of Destruction will also be bringing PlayStation Plus members an opportunity to purchase the game at 20% off. The game is already a steal at $9.99, but at $7.99, it’s foolish to pass up this amazing class-based, online deathmatch gem of a game.

[quote name='Brother Daz']They've really stepped it up with the PS+ deals the last couple months![/QUOTE]

Maybe they actually listened to customers and made improvements. Imagine that!

I'm subbed to + through next March. Fingers x'd that they make it even better over that time...

[quote name='Barry Burton']never thought shank 2 would be a freebie, at least not this early

if i did, i wouldn't have already bought it[/QUOTE]

:)
To have a game go free before it goes on sale is pretty awesome. Very happy to get that one as I liked the original a lot and would have bought this one at first discount price.

Had anyone here grabbed Rayman 3 HD yet? Like it?

PSN keep crashing for anyone else? Been kicked out of the servers twice in 15 minutes, and both times it took forever to log back in.

Apparently all of my friends are getting kicked too

[quote name='Decker']:)
To have a game go free before it goes on sale is pretty awesome. Very happy to get that one as I liked the original a lot and would have bought this one at first discount price.

Had anyone here grabbed Rayman 3 HD yet? Like it?[/QUOTE]
I did and yes I really like it. Definitely worth the price

[quote name='dgwillia006']PSN keep crashing for anyone else? Been kicked out of the servers twice in 15 minutes, and both times it took forever to log back in.

Apparently all of my friends are getting kicked too[/QUOTE]
Last night this was happening to me

Took awhile to sign on to psn, but once on i havnt had any problems.
silent hill 1 i have on ps1, but freebie is sweet. same with shank 2, so happy it is free before it was $5 sale or i would have got that, lol. thanx friskytanuki!

6872124272_3bb0320870_z.jpg

Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta! :whee:

wow, that is one hell of a line up for next month! Is there anyway I can give them more money? I think PS+ is worth its wait in gold or whatever good cliche you can say about it. Can't believe there could still be doubters out there..

I can't believe they are giving full PS3 games away for free now. Tomb Raider Underworld, Far Cry 2, Sly, and now Shift 2. Will definitely renew when mines expire in July.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']What is the difference between Free PS3 Game and Full Game Trial?
Do you get to keep Frogger after you cancel your ps+?[/QUOTE]
Free games are Free as long as you have a PS+ subscription(the game is locked if your subscription expires until it is renew). Full game trials are exactly as they are listed, you get a 1 hour trial of the full game. After that 1 hour trial is over, you have the option to buy that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back