PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall seeing people mention this, but Sly Collection disc saves are not compatible with the PSN version. Just looking at the list of saves, the disc saves are collected in a "Sly Minigames" folder while the PSN version is just in a folder called "Sly Cooper HD."

[quote name='RockMySocks10']What is the difference between Free PS3 Game and Full Game Trial?
Do you get to keep Frogger after you cancel your ps+?[/QUOTE]
Trials let you play the game for an hour while the free games let you play the entire game for as long as you're a PS+ member. The only games you keep after your sub lapses are those that you purchase.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't recall seeing people mention this, but Sly Collection disc saves are not compatible with the PSN version. Just looking at the list of saves, the disc saves are collected in a "Sly Minigames" folder while the PSN version is just in a folder called "Sly Cooper HD."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's a common issue across all PSN / disc games. My disc saves for ACII and infamous don't work with the digital PSN versions. Very lame.

[quote name='Dranakin']Yeah, I think it's a common issue across all PSN / disc games. My disc saves for ACII and infamous don't work with the digital PSN versions. Very lame.[/QUOTE]
If your talking about infamous 1, the PSN version that was given away with the welcome back pack worked with my infamous 1 disc save.

It's not common at all. It's a matter of whether the disc and PSN versions are the same or not, so some (AC2, Burnout Paradise, Sly Cooper Collection) won't recognize those saves while others (Warhawk, Infamous, AC Brotherhood) will. That's one of the reasons that Full Game Trials can be a great tool to check for that stuff if there isn't clear evidence either way.

[quote name='Dranakin']Yeah, I think it's a common issue across all PSN / disc games. My disc saves for ACII and infamous don't work with the digital PSN versions. Very lame.[/QUOTE]

My infamous disc saves work with the psn version.

Thought about using Gamestop.com to get Prinny or Prinny 2. I've noticed 2 got lower scores, but that seems typical of sequels that don't do a lot that's new in the franchise. However reading several reviews also makes 2 sound even more 'frustratingly unfair'.

I love 'challenge', I enjoy games like Dark Souls a great deal, but I'm not always big on games that feel more 'cheap' than challenging. I know that's not something that can be greatly or easily defined, it really depends on personal preference. Either way, does anyone have an opinion as to which of these two games is better? I'm leaning 1, since it's a couple bucks cheaper, and might be a better starting point anyway. But on the other hand Prinny 2 is the deeper discount, though I gather they've had this discoutn for a while now. Maybe I should just wait for them to hit a PSN sale?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Man, disc copies of Silent Hill 1 have been relatively expensive (for a PS1 game) for so long, it's bizarre to see it being given away digitally for free.

Wow, nice way to make my Best Buy $9.50 :360: Shift 2 clearance buy look overpriced!

They definitely have made PS+ more than worth it... very happy with April's releases, although weren't we supposed to get HOTD 4 this week?

[quote name='htz']I can't believe they are giving full PS3 games away for free now. Tomb Raider Underworld, Far Cry 2, Sly, and now Shift 2. Will definitely renew when mines expire in July.[/QUOTE]

um....last time i checked renting is not free

I thought I could hold out, but just picked up FFIV Complete, FFT War of the Lions, and FFVI for $25. I remember paying $80 for Final Fantasy III (VI) on SNES back in the day!

[quote name='VaultDweller']um....last time i checked renting is not free[/QUOTE]

Most of these games have little replay value anyway. Most don't have a need to play them after they're beaten, so it's still a good value for most.

And renting IS free. But I'm guessing you meant renting isn't owning?

[quote name='VaultDweller']um....last time i checked renting is not free[/QUOTE]

Yeah, go on and keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better... :)

When will the sale shift from the FF games to this weeks deals? I've been swamped, unable to download the titles and will not be able to until I get off work today.

If you download free games with Plus, then let your Plus membership lapse, and then rejoin later, can you still play the games you downloaded?

[quote name='prateeko']When will the sale shift from the FF games to this weeks deals? I've been swamped, unable to download the titles and will not be able to until I get off work today.[/QUOTE]

Depends on when the store decides to update since there is no set time. Last week it updated earlier then usual like 3-4CST. Where other weeks it will update later in the evening more around 6-8CST. Hopefully it will still be there for when you get off work though.

[quote name='Backlash']If you download free games with Plus, then let your Plus membership lapse, and then rejoin later, can you still play the games you downloaded?[/QUOTE]

Once you reactivate Plus all your old downloads will show back up on your download list.

Can anybody here recommend Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2?

I haven't played a Rainbow Six game since the first one that came out on the N64.

For anyone on the fence and with a Vita : By all means, grab FF IV Complete before it goes off sale. It looks great on the Vita and I'm really enjoying it so far. Looks like it has a ton of content and is well worth the $15 for PS+ members. Really a great deal.

[quote name='Decker']For anyone on the fence and with a Vita : By all means, grab FF IV Complete before it goes off sale. It looks great on the Vita and I'm really enjoying it so far. Looks like it has a ton of content and is well worth the $15 for PS+ members. Really a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking about it, but at about $16 for PS+ members, it doesn't seem worth it since I still haven't played my FFIV DS copy.

everything is a rental

you do realize that everything you bought will someday stop working, right?

your body is a rental too, yes you will die

[quote name='Gorilla Gravy']Can anybody here recommend Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2?

I haven't played a Rainbow Six game since the first one that came out on the N64.[/QUOTE]
I fucking LOVED it! I'm sure the online is pretty dead these days. The campaign was pretty good and it has split screen co-op, which is a big plus for me, the terrorist hunts are a blast also!

I'm not a fan of only keeping free games while you have the subscription, but the savings on these games is enough that I broke down and subscribed to PS+. I saved like $20 downloading the Final Fantasy games last week and I now realize I would have saved more on things like Infamous: Festival of Blood if I had subscribed earlier.

When was Final Fantasy V offered for free for PS+? I swear I downloaded it, but I can't find it in my downloads anywhere.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I'm not a fan of only keeping free games while you have the subscription, but the savings on these games is enough that I broke down and subscribed to PS+. I saved like $20 downloading the Final Fantasy games last week and I now realize I would have saved more on things like Infamous: Festival of Blood if I had subscribed earlier.[/QUOTE]
A nice thing is you can let your plus expire and say you start it up again a year down the road, you'll get access to all the free games again.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I fucking LOVED it! I'm sure the online is pretty dead these days. The campaign was pretty good and it has split screen co-op, which is a big plus for me, the terrorist hunts are a blast also![/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree with Daz. The multiplayer in Splinter Cell games aside, I'd go so far as to say its they're the best games in the Tom Clancy series. As I mentioned before, setting up how to best ambush groups of enemies in a room with your team of AI characters never got old for me in single player. It strikes a nice balance between Gears and Call of Duty games, but doesn't have nearly the amount of polish of either of those games. Though most people describe modern shooters as having a "Horde Mode", Terrorist hunt actually preceded it by a couple of years and can be a lot of fun even by yourself if you're the type that likes to play for score/stats.

After much debating, I think I'm gonna go with VIII and IX. I haven't played V or VI, but I don't know when I'll get around to them. I don't have the urge to play them anytime soon.

[quote name='Thrinn']Last month.[/QUOTE]

I swore I downloaded it, but I must've missed it seeing as there's no red bag icon and it allows me to buy it.

[quote name='coolz481']I thought I could hold out, but just picked up FFIV Complete, FFT War of the Lions, and FFVI for $25. I remember paying $80 for Final Fantasy III (VI) on SNES back in the day![/QUOTE]

Great combo. I went with FFIV Complete, FFT War of the Lions, and FFIX. I'm hopeful a VI remake comes out at some point. Its my favorite FF.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I'm not a fan of only keeping free games while you have the subscription, but the savings on these games is enough that I broke down and subscribed to PS+. I saved like $20 downloading the Final Fantasy games last week and I now realize I would have saved more on things like Infamous: Festival of Blood if I had subscribed earlier.[/QUOTE]

This is how I did it too, last summer they had like 10 games on sale, of which I wanted like 5. So the Day 1 savings of PS+ for me were $15-$20 bucks, meaning my actual subscription only cost $30-$35 since I would have bought the games anyway.

I'll re-subscribe this summer if they run another 3 months free promo, otherwise after I lapse in October I'll just re-subscribe during a quality month so I feel a lot of those Day 1 savings again. And the way 2012 is going, it will probably be right after I lapse. January, February, and April have had some legit offers!

[quote name='GundamS']Do we get to keep it forever? Or does it follow the free games rules?[/QUOTE]
You'll have to see if there's an expiration date on it like there is for the games.

There is FREE littlebigplanet 2 spring creator pack in the ps store right now. It was just released last week. don't know if it will remain free forever so i would add it to your account just in case.

I've decided to pass on all of the Final Fantasy games since they have no nostalgia value for me. Gonna pick up 13-2 for $15 since I liked FF 13.

[quote name='darknight88']If I buy a $10 PSN code off Best buy site, how fast will I get an email with the code? Is it instant???[/QUOTE]
I bought a PS+ code last night around 10pm and got it within a half hour.

Store is updated. Unannounced PS+ discounts WooHoo!
Half off Skydrift (should be $5, INSTABUY!)
Half off Dead Block (fuck, I just traded for that)
Half off Zack Zero (Already on sale for $8.99, should be $4.50 for PS+, INSTABUY!)

Also, Puzzle Dimensions is on sale for $3 (fuck, bought it as part of my spend $60, get $10 back, because I never thought it would drop). Anyways, everyone should buy that. Hard, but fun and good looking puzzle game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Store is updated. Unannounced PS+ discounts WooHoo!
Half off Skydrift (should be $5, INSTABUY!)
Half off Dead Block (fuck, I just traded for that)
Half off Zack Zero (Already on sale for $8.99, should be $4.50 for PS+, INSTABUY!)

Also, Puzzle Dimensions is on sale for $3 (fuck, bought it as part of my spend $60, get $10 back, because I never thought it would drop). Anyways, everyone should buy that. Hard, but fun and good looking puzzle game.[/QUOTE]
I dont know about the other games, but the reviews for Zack Zero werent very good. I cant remember exactly, but I think quite a few stated the controls were troublesome.

Persona 3 and Persona 1 are 19.99 now. Persona 2 is 29.99. Looking around the Atlus forums, this may be a permanent price drop.

I am all over Ghost Recon 2 for $5. I loved the first one when I played it on Xbox 360 six years ago (jeesh!) and I've wanted to play the sequel, but for whatever reason the PS3 version has always had a bit of a higher price tag and I could never find it for less than $10.

[quote name='wrencrest']I dont know about the other games, but the reviews for Zack Zero werent very good. I cant remember exactly, but I think quite a few stated the controls were troublesome.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? It looked cool, but I don't remember seeing any reviews. Maybe I should look into them before I "INSTABUY!" it. Also, a demo is dropping today which will be very beneficial as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back