PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the persona series, such a fresh take on the turn based rpg formula. Can't wait for the Vita Persona 4 remake and Persona 5!

[quote name='bshirk']It looks like we have someone with dictatorial tendancies. I hear that Newt is looking for a running mate.[/QUOTE]
LOL. I wish more dictators were like gettinmoney. If dictators told people to save their money for more important things than video games, I have a feeling we would have more of them.

All of these have my attention at the moment:
Armored Core 3 - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Armored Core Last Raven - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Armored Core Silent Line - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Class of Heroes - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crimson Gem Saga - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Hexyz Force - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Knights in the Nightmare - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Riviera: The Promised Land - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Going to see some reviews on these and the Splinter Cell PSP games.

Anyone have any input on Rainbow Six PS1? It's only $1.50 for PS+, and I have that left in my wallet on an old account I never use, but still if it sucks, I'd rather just sit on the money. I love RSV2, but never played any of the older Rainbow Six games. Any thoughts?

How big is the P3P download? My 4 GB card is getting stretched to the max! Thankfully I've got a 500 GB HDD in my PS3 so frequent back-ups and game swapping really isn't that painful

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Does Pandora Tomorrow/Chaos Theory HD have multiplayer/Spies vs. Mercs intact?[/QUOTE]

No.

Still debating Skydrift and Zack Zero, but that's it for me for the week.

Also still hoping to see Skydrift drop down to the advertised 50% off price. Not getting much support from the PS Blog or the PS Community Forums official update thread.

[quote name='RiPPn']I love the persona series, such a fresh take on the turn based rpg formula. Can't wait for the Vita Persona 4 remake and Persona 5![/QUOTE]

And Persona 4 Arena.

[quote name='Distrato']I bought Splinter Cell Essentials so I could play it on my Vita. That games controls are completely unresponsive and shit even with the 2nd analog stick. Pretty disappointed, I could've got a $5 foot long or something.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was going to do the same thing but wanted to wait to see if it was even playable on the Vita.

Thanks, you saved me some $$.

[quote name='Thrinn']No.[/QUOTE]

God, why? SvM was one of my favorite online experiences of all time. I hate that they've completely dropped it from console releases.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
It seems like the big group of titles offered in February (Battle Fantasia, Hamster Ball, Inferno Pool, Mahjong Tales, the Sega Genesis Bundle, and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars) are possibly going to be free for PS+ for good like LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves has been since 2010.[/QUOTE]

I encourage people to download Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars and try it. It's simple and fun and more players means an easier time finding online matches (though it's already not too hard). :) We could even set up CAG matches, since it allows private matches.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']God, why? SvM was one of my favorite online experiences of all time. I hate that they've completely dropped it from console releases.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.

Anyone thinking of picking up the PS3 version might want to consider going with the PC version instead. The game is old enough that the system requirements aren't too high. Amazon has the digital PC version of Chaos Theory for just under $10. It looked like the servers were still running for Spies vs Mercs when I picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']According to the PS+ forums, the only way around this is to wait for the item you previously downloaded "free" to be removed from the PS+ channel.

Then you can look for it manually in the PSN store, and it will now give you the option of either downloading it free again, or buying it for the current price.

In other words, you'd have to wait for the sale to be over for this to happen, and you won't get it at the Sale Price

I tried it and it doesn't always work. I downloaded both Syphon Filther 1 and 2, and it's only giving me the option on 1.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE:

I was finally able to get FFV as a purchase!

So last night I was on PSN waiting for the new updates to take effect, meanwhile also looking for FFV through it's own page, and even using the search feature. Basically just trying different stuff like the PS+ forums recommended above. However, nothing was working.

When I tried using the view mode (pressing square) on the game tiles, PSN would give me 2 tabs, one to download for free for PS+, and the other tab with a price to purchase. But even when I tried the purchase tab, rather than adding it to my cart, it was still giving me the free download.

While doing all this, for some reason I kept getting logged off the servers. Everytime I get back on, I would get logged off after 5 or 10 mins. So after about 30 minutes or so, I logged back on, I decided to search for FFV again. I then noticed that the "red shopping bag" icon on FFV was now blue this time.

When I hit purchase tab for FFV again, rather than give me the free download, it finally let me add it to my cart for purchase! Not only that but it still had the PS+ discount of $4.89! After the transaction, it showed that my funds got charged and everything, and I even got the requisite PSN receipt email saying so.

After re-downloading FFV, I went to make sure and checked the information (by pressing triangle after downloading) and it now says "License Expires -- (a blank)" and there no longer was a date, meaning I now own it!

I searched other PS+ free downloads that I got and saw that some of them like Syphon Filter 1 was now also showing a blue shopping bag (but Syphon Filter 2 which I also downloaded free still had a red shopping bag and had no view mode feature showing the price). Just so random.

This morning I checked on PSN today to see if it did anything else like this, but nothing. Even Syphon Filther 1 was now showing a red shopping bag again, and couldn't be purchased anymore.

Anyway I now own FFV :bouncy:

[quote name='PublikDefender']I think they should be trying to get everyone involved, active or not. This came completely under the radar. I don't think it was even mentioned in the ps store update on the psn blog. So even if you check the ps blog once a week on tuesdays, someone could have missed this.[/QUOTE]
Then start following my other thread so you don't miss anything from here on out.

[quote name='wrencrest']LOL. I wish more dictators were like gettinmoney. If dictators told people to save their money for more important things than video games, I have a feeling we would have more of them.[/QUOTE]

I also don't get how suggesting someone to do something is dictatorial but okeily dokeily.

[quote name='mightymek']Anyone have any input on Rainbow Six PS1? It's only $1.50 for PS+, and I have that left in my wallet on an old account I never use, but still if it sucks, I'd rather just sit on the money. I love RSV2, but never played any of the older Rainbow Six games. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I had this same question since I owned this game on the PC back when it came out. Loved it back then. Never played any of the new ones though.

As I never knew it was even out on the PS1, I did some research:
http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-1999/reviews/rainbow-six-review-2549002/
They score the PC version a 8.0/10, but PS1 version got a 3.7/10 haha.

For a buck and a half I might still snag it for nostalgia, but this version seems really bad so I'm not sure either. Anyone else actually played it on PS1?

Anyone have an opinion on the best Armored Core title for PSP? Reviews are hard to come by for the series, but I fucking love fightin' robots.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes, it's still free. No, we don't know when it'll stop being free, so you better grab it ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'll go set it to download on my PS3 ASAP.

[quote name='wrencrest']LOL. I wish more dictators were like gettinmoney. If dictators told people to save their money for more important things than video games, I have a feeling we would have more of them.[/QUOTE]

It's funny how you guys who claim to care so much about freedom dictate how people should spend their money.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I had this same question since I owned this game on the PC back when it came out. Loved it back then. Never played any of the new ones though.

As I never knew it was even out on the PS1, I did some research:
http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-1999/reviews/rainbow-six-review-2549002/
They score the PC version a 8.0/10, but PS1 version got a 3.7/10 haha.

For a buck and a half I might still snag it for nostalgia, but this version seems really bad so I'm not sure either. Anyone else actually played it on PS1?[/QUOTE]

The PS1 version looks and plays terribly, I wouldn't recommend it.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all games that have been free at some point via PSN+ in the past?

[quote name='bshirk']It's funny how you guys who claim to care so much about freedom dictate how people should spend their money.[/QUOTE]
Me? Freedom? When did I speak of freedom here? What are you talking about? Gettinmoney suggested that it wasnt wise for someone to waste $20 on frivolous video games if they had to wait a week to earn said $20. I agree with that sentiment. Further, it makes sense that all hard working individuals such as myself would not want anyone to "scrounge up $20 to buy games". This makes sense because this is the type of individual that has the tendancy to later cry for a handout (welfare) from the government because they cant afford to feed their 4 kids.

Sorry for the above, to stay on topic. Tom Clancy games are so boring and god awful to me.

[quote name='bshirk']It's funny how you guys who claim to care so much about freedom dictate how people should spend their money.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, you are a fuckin idiot.

[quote name='scottman']Does anyone know where I can find a list of all games that have been free at some point via PSN+ in the past?[/QUOTE]
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3415930?start=0&tstart=0

This is as close to a full list as I can find, but it's only up to July 2011. If you don't mind doing a little work, here's the archive of PS+ schedules on the PS Blog:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

If I have a free day, I might have to make a comprehensive list of every that has been offered.

This is such a ridiculous conversation.

The new PS Blogcast is live, so here are the releases for next week:

Deals
New Spring Fever Franchise Sale Announced on Monday

Games
I Am Alive - $14.99
The Price is Right Decades
Wheels of Destruction - $9.99 - $7.99 PS+

Minis
Canabalt
Farm Frenzy 2

Demos
I Am Alive
Time MachineL Rogue Pilot
Warp

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Alice in Wonderland Costumes
MotorStorm RC - Carnival Festival
Street Fighter X Tekken

Apps
New Video Service for PSN/PS3

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is live, so here are the releases for next week:

Deals
New Spring Fever Franchise Sale Announced on Monday

Games
I Am Alive - $14.99
The Price is Right Decades
Wheels of Destruction - $9.99 - $7.99 PS+

Minis
Canabalt
Farm Frenzy 2

Demos
I Am Alive
Time MachineL Rogue Pilot
Warp

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Alice in Wonderland Costumes
MotorStorm RC - Carnival Festival
Street Fighter X Tekken

Apps
New Video Service for PSN/PS3[/QUOTE]
Hmm... New Video Service? Is the PS video store being updated to the same UI as Video Unlimited preview app? I wish Sony would do a new UI for the PS game store, they haven't changed it since I think 2009(glassy look) when the PS3 slims were announced.

No, it's a new video app like Hulu Plus, Netflix, Vudu, CinemaNow, or the SEC apps. There will be an announcement on Monday about it and some of the other stuff mentioned on that list.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Maybe that means a dedicated crackle App instead of having to go through the PS3 web browser or something?[/QUOTE]
I would love to finally see a native crackle app like what the 360 has. Crackle is owned by Sony so I don't see how they did not release a native app for the PS3 in the first place. As of right now in order to use Crackle on PS3, you have to do it in the web browser or PS Home.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, I wonder what the next franchise sale could be. What other franchise has a ton of content on the store?[/QUOTE]
Week 1 Call of Duty - Activision
Week 2 Final Fantasy - Square Enix
Week 3 Tom Clancy - Ubisoft
Week 4 Need for Speed? - EA?

I think its Need for Speed, or at least something from EA. PS+ is giving away NFS:Shift 2 next month.

[quote name='htz']
I think its Need for Speed, or at least something from EA. PS+ is giving away NFS:Shift 2 next month.[/QUOTE]
yup, and ps+ members are getting shank 2 (an ea published title) as well. so probably more ea deals.

btw, anyone play through closure yet? how is it? i noticed it has been getting some high reviews (joystiq, etc).

Whoops, I forgot to post back earlier. So I got around to searching Motorstorm: RC on my PS3, and it showed up as $9.99. Am I missing something, or is it dead?

Biggest Franchises on PSN in terms of games:

Assassin's Creed - 4 (3 PS3, 1 PSP)
Ben 10 - 5 (4 PSP, 1 Vita)
Blazblue - 3 (2 PSP, 1 Vita)
Bomberman - 6 (2 PS1, 2 PSP, 1 PSN, 1 PS3/PSP)
Burnout - 4 (2 PSP, 1 PS3, 1 PSN)
Buzz! - 5 (2 PSP, 3 PSN)
Castlevania - 4 (1 PSP, 2 PS1, 1 PSN)
Command & Conquer - 4 (3 PS1, 1 PSN)
Crash Bandicoot - 7 (4 PS1, 3 PSP)
Dead Space - 4 (2 PS3, 2 PSN)
Disgaea - 5 (5 PSP)
Dynasty Warriors - 8 (6 PSP, 1 PS3, 1 Vita)
echochrome - 4 (2 PSN, 2 PSP)
Go! - 5 (4 PSN, 1 PSP)
God of War - 8 (6 PSN, 2 PSP)
Grand Theft Auto - 4 (1 PS3, 3 PSP)
Harvest Moon - 4 (1 PS1, 1 PS2, 2 PSP)
Hot Shots Golf - 4 (1 PS1, 2 PSP, 1 Vita)
Infamous - 3 (2 PS3, 1 PSN)
Jak - 6 (4 PS3, 2 PSP)
King of Fighter - 8 (1 PSP, 6 NG, 1 PS1)
LEGO - 8 (6 PSP, 1 Vita, 1 PS3)
Loco Roco - 4 (3 PSP, 1 PSN)
Medal of Honor - 5 (2 PS1, 2 PSP, 1 PSN)
Mega Man - 7 (1 PSP, 4 PS1, 2 PSN)
Mercury Meltdown - 4 (1 PSN, 3 PSP)
Metal Gear Solid - 6 (1 PS1, 5 PSP)
Metal Slug - 7 (1 PS1, 2 PSP, 4 NG)
Midnight Club - 3 (1 PS3, 2 PSP)
ModNation Racers - 3 (1 PS3, 1 PSP, 1 Vita)
Monkey Island - 3 (3 PSN)
Mortal Kombat - 4 (2 PS3, 1 PSN, 1 PSP)
MotorStorm - 4 (1 PS3, 3 PSN)
MX vs ATV - 3 (1 PS3, 2 PSP)
Need for Speed - 7 (2 PS3, 5 PSP)
Oddworld - 3 (1 PSN, 2 PS1)
Patapon - 3 (3 PSP)
Persona - 3 (3 PSP)
PixelJunk - 7 (6 PSN. 1 PS1)
Prince of Persia - 10 - (6 PS3, 1 PSN, 3 PSP)
Puzzle Quest - 3 (2 PSN, 1 PSP)
Ratchet & Clank - 3 (1 PS3, 1 PSN, 1 PSP)
Rayman - 4 (2 PS1, 1 Vita, 1 PSN)
Red Faction - 3 (2 PS3, 1 PSN)
Resident Evil - 6 (3 PS1, 2 PSN, 1 PS3)
Ridge Racer - 4 (1 PS1, 1 PSP, 1 PS3, 1 Vita)
Silent Hill - 3 (1 PS1, 2 PSP)
Sim - (2 PS1, 3 PSP)
Sly Cooper - 4 (4 PS3)
SOCOM - 5 (4 PSP, 1 PS3)
Sonic - 7 (5 PSN, 2 PSP)
Spec Ops - 4 (4 PS1)
Spyro the Dragon - 3 (3 PS1)
Star Wars - 7 (5 PSP, 1 PS3, 1 PS1)
Street Fighter - 7 (3 PS1, 1 PSP, 3 PSN)
Syphon Filter - 5 (3 PS1, 2 PSP)
Tekken - 4 (2 PS1, 1 PSN, 1 PSP)
Tomb Raider - 7 (4 PS1, 2 PSP, 1 PS3)
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? - 3 (3 PSP)
Wild Arms - 3 (2 PS1, 1 PSP)
Wipeout - 5 (2 PSP, 1 PS1, 1 PSN, 1 Vita)
Worms - 5 (4 PSN, 1 PSP)
Ys - 3 (3 PSP)

It's a bit of a long list, though I'd guess that a Sony franchise probably won't be picked. Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Prince of Persia seem like the strongest candidates left in terms of number of titles and relevance with new games coming in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised if they just go for a Publisher's catalog as the final Spring Fever sale, which would probably favor EA or Namco since they haven't been a part of the previous SF sales.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Whoops, I forgot to post back earlier. So I got around to searching Motorstorm: RC on my PS3, and it showed up as $9.99. Am I missing something, or is it dead?[/QUOTE]
The Vita version is what's free for now. The PS3 version just has a discount for PS+ members.

I'm hoping for Tomb Raider! Do we find out these things before the store updates? I'm wondering if I should check this thread every few hours.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Vita version is what's free for now. The PS3 version just has a discount for PS+ members.[/QUOTE]

Derp. I didn't know there were two versions. Thanks again. :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Biggest Franchises on PSN in terms of games:

It's a bit of a long list, though I'd guess that a Sony franchise probably won't be picked. Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Prince of Persia seem like the strongest candidates left in terms of number of titles and relevance with new games coming in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised if they just go for a Publisher's catalog as the final Spring Fever sale, which would probably favor EA or Namco since they haven't been a part of the previous SF sales.[/QUOTE]

Out of those I'd most like a Resident Evil sale to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back