PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Legend of Korra premiered Saturday with the airing of the first two episodes. Both are available to view on the Nickelodeon website if you don't want to be limited to just episode 1.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So three initial tables for $10 and then $5 two table packs till Doomsday? Eh. I was considering the game, but kinda hoping the extra tables would be included.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Four tables in the main game and one two-table pack per month for as long as they have tables. I'm not sure why you'd expect to get the rest of the tables for free.[/QUOTE]

Even if the folks at Farsight Studios were kind enough to design and release several tables of DLC for free out of the goodness of their hearts, they'd still have to pay royalties to both the companies that built the original tables, the voice actors who recorded for the tables and (in the case of those licensed tables like Ripley's Believe It Or Not), to the holders of the licenses. I don't think expecting free DLC tables is very realistic.

Personally, I really like The Pinball Arcade. I enjoy playing those four tables on the Vita when I'm out and about, and they look really nice of the PS3. Getting four tables on each system for a single $10 purchase (with separate trophies for each, I might add) is a total bargain in my book.

[quote name='DPsycho']Legend of Korra premiered Saturday with the airing of the first two episodes. Both are available to view on the Nickelodeon website if you don't want to be limited to just episode 1.[/QUOTE]

Episode 1 is actually the first two episodes, so the one on PSN should cover everything that is on Nicks site.

Damn. DAMNNN!!!!!. Just bought this from PSN and it's the same price at Target/not a sale. $14.99.

Daxter and Secret Agent Clank Bundle - $14.99

Even though this PSP isn't reading UMDs, I could've saved it till I got a 3000. The package looks so purtayyyy. :baby:

[quote name='darknight88']This is what I meant.

I actually really enjoyed that western game. Lead of Gold or something. Really enjoyed it for free and id like to keep it. Its that good. Oh hey its on sale at a crazy price , I think $3 or less but can't take advantage of it. Well that blows.

If a game I enjoy alot is worth it, I want to buy it, specially at a cheap price. And since some of them only drop in price from time to time or rarely. Not complaining about ps+ but that to me is a major flaw.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever thought of creating a second account on your PS3 and making the purchase there? Wouldn't the game be available to play on your main account? I know it's like that on the 360, I assumed it would be the same for Sony.

[quote name='hostyl1']Have you ever thought of creating a second account on your PS3 and making the purchase there? Wouldn't the game be available to play on your main account? I know it's like that on the 360, I assumed it would be the same for Sony.[/QUOTE]

I buy on multiple PSN accounts (3 of them). I can confirm that what you buy on one account (whether master account or "sibling" account) is in fact playable by all accounts added to the system. However, there can only be 1 master account, so keep in mind that if you get a 2nd system (YLOD or other reasons) keep the primary account you created with that system, and add "sibling" accounts as needed. Cheers.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']$9.99 with a 30% discount for PS+.[/QUOTE]

:wall:DOH! "The House Of The Dead 4 - $6.99 - 4/17"

Thanks, again, for answering yesterday!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Here's the list of the current offerings of free TV shows on PSN:

The Legend of Korra - Season 1, Episode 1
Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23 - Season 1, Episode 2
Betty White's Off Their Rockers - Season 1, Episode 1
The Client List - Season 1, Episode 1
Dream Machines - Season 1, Episode 1

Video Store > TV Shows > Free TV[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, do these Tv shows include subtitle options? Also, Does anyone know if they're region locked?

[quote name='pablo_vllj']Just wondering, do these Tv shows include subtitle options? Also, Does anyone know if they're region locked?[/QUOTE]
No subtitles and they should work with any account, though you need a US account to grab them since that's the only store I can vouch for them being on.

[quote name='elessar123']Did I miss something? Is there no store updates today?[/QUOTE]

It was just updated.

Sonic CD dropped to $3 for PS+, can't say no at that price. Couple of random PSP games are $3 as well.

Doesn't look like there are any sales/price drops for non-PS+ members this week.

Here are the deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
The House Of The Dead 4 - $9.99 - 3.97 GB - Includes Free Avatar
Mercury Hg + Rare Earth Elements Bundle - $4.99

Add-ons
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Collection 1 Pre-Order - $14.99 - Includes Theme - Ends 4/18/12
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Christmas Voice Set - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Concocted Goddesses - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - CPU...Candidate? - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - The CPU Dances Alone - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Dream Resident - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Game Hero Legend - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Goddess of Misery - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Gamindustri Memories - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - New Year's Eve Voice Set - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - New Year's Voice Set - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Obituary Star - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Trinity Steppe - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Valentine's Day Voice Set - Free
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Way of Saburai - Free
MotorStorm RC - Special Muscle Car Patriot Stretch - Free

Themes
SSX

Vita Add-ons
MotorStorm RC - Special Muscle Car Patriot Stretch - Free

Vita Apps
Paint Park - Free - 36.9 MB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Alien Syndrome - PSP - $3.00
The House of the Dead 4 - $6.99 - Ends 5/1
Sonic CD - $2.99
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - PSP - $3.00
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Maps & Modes DLC Bundle - $20.99

Betas
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Begins 4/19

Games
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - Full Game Trial
Frogger Returns
NHL 12 - Full Game Trial

Themes
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic

The House of the Dead 4 (3)

Hmm went to download the Future Soldier Beta to find out my Plus subscription ended today or yesterday.

Now to decide whether or not to just grab a 3 month or a full year.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Mind naming them?[/QUOTE]

I believe they are part of the Sega sale:

Super Monkey Ball Adventure PSP
Alien Syndrome PSP

$3 each.

I need an opinion on Alien Syndrome since it looks tempting to get.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Any opinions on Alien Syndrome or Super Monkey Ball Adventure? Not if they're worth $3 but if they're actually fun.[/QUOTE]

Alien Syndrome is well worth it.

I can't decide if I should sign up for psn plus before I purchase HOD 4... $3 discount.

edit: After reviewing the psn plus pricing, $18 for 3 months or $50 for a year is a bit pricey for me since I use my 360 more than my ps3. Too bad I missed out on the Target psn plus mistake a few months before I got my ps3.

I wish amazon had psn codes available as I don't really want to enter in my cc info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they could have just applied 3 gold and 1 silver trophy to every PS+ account rather than give away Frogger.

30mins, 100% trophies, uninstalled.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, they could have just applied 3 gold and 1 silver trophy to every PS+ account rather than give away Frogger.

30mins, 100% trophies, uninstalled.[/QUOTE]

Some people might want to play the game for the actual game.

I just bought the fortune hunter thing for Uncharted 3 for $25 this morning since it was going away. Now this maps and modes thing is $21 for Plus. If I don't care about the skins, did I just waste $4? If so, they should've given people a heads up. I mean, to do that literally on the same day as removing a deal? It would be understandable if it was a month or two later...

[quote name='rawer']What are the odds that PS+ will get Sonic CD for free down the line (this year or next)?[/QUOTE]
i dunno. a lot of the ps+ free games seem to be just a certain game from the series with the exception of some of the psone classics like the syphon filter series. in this case, i'd rather buy sonic cd for $3 though.

[quote name='plutoknight']You should buy Sonic CD for $3.

It's awesome.

(If I didn't already own it on iPhone and Xbox..I'd probably buy it.)[/QUOTE]

So. I can play, solo, as tails?!

[quote name='WV Matsui']No it begins tonight for PS+... Did they forget to hit the switch?[/QUOTE]
You should've paid closer attention to the post I linked you to yesterday:
The Ghost Recon Future Soldier beta will be available for Automatic Download or download from the PS Store on April 17 for PS+ members and will be open to play on April 19.

Going to get...let's see:

House of the Dead 4
Sonic CD (Already have this on Sonic Gems Collection, heard you could play as Tails in this version.)
Alien Syndrome (Even with bad reviews, still worth $3?)
Super Monkey Ball Adventure (Same as Alien Syndrome, have Super Monkey Ball Jr. on Gameboy Advance already.)

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']I wonder if capcom will make a raccoon city bundle with both map packs, $10 is steep for only 3 missions.[/QUOTE]

Just don't bother. If the first DLC quest was any indication, things are only getting worse. So frustrated.

Does one have to beat HOTD4 in one sitting, a la HOTD3?

[quote name='plutoknight']After beating the game once, yes@![/QUOTE]

Dag nammit! Guess I better get good! I think I'm going to get it. Thanks!

what do you mean getting worse, and frustrated? I thought that mission was rather fun, perhaps better than the original missions.

it would have been nice to see some new weapons or abilities though...

[quote name='darrenaero']I just bought the fortune hunter thing for Uncharted 3 for $25 this morning since it was going away. Now this maps and modes thing is $21 for Plus. If I don't care about the skins, did I just waste $4? If so, they should've given people a heads up. I mean, to do that literally on the same day as removing a deal? It would be understandable if it was a month or two later...[/QUOTE]

Are they done releasing DLC for this game? If not, I'm sure the Fortune Hunters' Club still gives you the rest of the DLC for free as well.

Just beat HOTD:4, lol. Fun game, but short. Still more to do...different paths...better score. I gave my self 9 lives and 9 credits.

I know PlayStation is AMAAAZINGGGG!!!!!, but this is overboard FAN-TA-BU-LI-CIOUS!!!!!!:D:applause::D:applause::D

Wow!!!!! PS Move ROCKS!!!!!!!:D:bouncy::bouncy: To think, I had it collecting dust all that time. Keep up the GREAT work, Sony!

[quote name='TheCro']Are they done releasing DLC for this game? If not, I'm sure the Fortune Hunters' Club still gives you the rest of the DLC for free as well.[/QUOTE]

No they aren't finished. however, they just released the last piece of content included in the fortune hunters club (the latest map pack). From here on out everyone will have to pay for the dlc.

So is Alien Syndrome worth it for $3? I can see it being better than or equal to most iPhone games, but just can't pull the trigger.

Sonic CD almost made buying a Sega CD worth it. ALMOST I said. Yes, I bought a Sega CD, and yes, you can laugh at me. Sonic CD was still awesome though.

[quote name='wrencrest']Sonic CD almost made buying a Sega CD worth it. ALMOST I said. Yes, I bought a Sega CD, and yes, you can laugh at me. Sonic CD was still awesome though.[/QUOTE]
It was worth it to me, especially for being the only kid on the block with Mortal Kombat in all its glory. Kind of torn if I want this on PS3 or PC, though. It's one of those games I want for collector's sake heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back