PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']It was worth it to me, especially for being the only kid on the block with Mortal Kombat in all its glory. Kind of torn if I want this on PS3 or PC, though. It's one of those games I want for collector's sake heh.[/QUOTE]
Dont get me wrong, there were definately some great reasons for having a Sega CD, and MK was one of them (I forgot about that whole deal), but my god Sega really started there downfall here.

BTW, even though looking back on it now everyone says it was awful, I had a lot of fun with the pack in game, Sewer Shark. I was actually in awe of the FMV when I first saw it since I had never played a game like it before. Of course I was like 12 or 13 years old and stupid. Kids! lol

Without starting the war alluded to in Frisky's OP, I have a question that googling only led me to uncertainty.

I know that the "free game" stuff expires at either the end of your PP membership or the end of the month, but that's where I get confused. Can someone clarify that. For example: NHL 12 is "free", so if I download it but do nothing with it until May 30th, will it still be there and playable or no? Thanks in advance.

I have an unused P+ one year card from the target error so I'm thinking that this may finally be the time to redeem it and get better acquainted with this service.

[quote name='wrencrest']Sonic CD almost made buying a Sega CD worth it. ALMOST I said. Yes, I bought a Sega CD, and yes, you can laugh at me. Sonic CD was still awesome though.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the classic on Sega CD Night Trap. I remember after a friend got that game it was pulled from the store shelves.

[quote name='bgame2']Without starting the war alluded to in Frisky's OP, I have a question that googling only led me to uncertainty.

I know that the "free game" stuff expires at either the end of your PP membership or the end of the month, but that's where I get confused. Can someone clarify that. For example: NHL 12 is "free", so if I download it but do nothing with it until May 30th, will it still be there and playable or no? Thanks in advance.

I have an unused P+ one year card from the target error so I'm thinking that this may finally be the time to redeem it and get better acquainted with this service.[/QUOTE]
Frisky probalby knows best about month end and that other stuff, but once your plus membership expires you can no longer access (or your not supposed to be able to) the plus items like free games and trials. If you re establish your plus membership later though the free items are useable again.

[quote name='bgame2']Without starting the war alluded to in Frisky's OP, I have a question that googling only led me to uncertainty.

I have an unused P+ one year card from the target error so I'm thinking that this may finally be the time to redeem it and get better acquainted with this service.[/QUOTE]

NHL 12 isn't free, it's only a 1 hour trial for the game that is free. Since it is a trial, it will more than likely stay on the store forever. If you were to "buy" it and download it now, you would have access to it until your PS+ subscription runs out.

An example of a FREE game this month is Shift 2. If you were to "buy" it and download it today, you would have access to it until your PS+ subscription runs out. But it will more than likely stop being "free" at the end of the month, so if you don't "buy" it by then, then you'll lose your chance to get it for free. But like I said, if you do "buy" it and it's in your download history, you'll have access to it until the end of your PS+ subscription.

Hope that makes sense.

[quote name='Bumslie']Don't forget the classic on Sega CD Night Trap. I remember after a friend got that game it was pulled from the store shelves.[/QUOTE]

I remember playing that at my friend's house right after it came out. So bad. And it had Dano Plato, lol.

[quote name='darrenaero']I just bought the fortune hunter thing for Uncharted 3 for $25 this morning since it was going away. Now this maps and modes thing is $21 for Plus. If I don't care about the skins, did I just waste $4? If so, they should've given people a heads up. I mean, to do that literally on the same day as removing a deal? It would be understandable if it was a month or two later...[/QUOTE]
The Fortune Hunter's Club (aka Uncharted 3 Season Pass) says you should be getting 4 Map Packs and 3 Skin Packs.

Do you know which Map Packs and Skin Packs are those you got free?

As for the maps...

- Flashback Map Pack #1
- Flashback Map Pack #2
- Drake Deception Map Pack
- Shade Survival Co-op
- Fort Adventure Co-op

Were these all free?

[quote name='tylerh1701']NHL 12 isn't free, it's only a 1 hour trial for the game that is free. Since it is a trial, it will more than likely stay on the store forever. If you were to "buy" it and download it now, you would have access to it until your PS+ subscription runs out.

An example of a FREE game this month is Shift 2. If you were to "buy" it and download it today, you would have access to it until your PS+ subscription runs out. But it will more than likely stop being "free" at the end of the month, so if you don't "buy" it by then, then you'll lose your chance to get it for free. But like I said, if you do "buy" it and it's in your download history, you'll have access to it until the end of your PS+ subscription.

Hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

1 hour game trials expire in 60 minutes from the start time or 365 days from the date of download. So, if a person has 2 years of PS Plus, they have 1 year from the download date to play the game trial.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

Hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

That did make sense. Thank you. I was kind of thinking that was the case but Sony does some odd stuff.

On NHL, I misunderstood the terms full game trial to mean you get access to the full game for free as opposed to just single season mode - (In hindsight though, that line of thought would make no sense because people could just pay for a year of PS+ instead of buying the game :dunce:).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jcaugustine']The Fortune Hunter's Club (aka Uncharted 3 Season Pass) says you should be getting 4 Map Packs and 3 Skin Packs.

Do you know which Map Packs and Skin Packs are those you got free?

As for the maps...

- Flashback Map Pack #1
- Flashback Map Pack #2
- Drake Deception Map Pack
- Shade Survival Co-op
- Fort Adventure Co-op

Were these all free?[/QUOTE]

99% sure yes.

[quote name='JoshTX']It will be nice to finally be able to play HOTD4 at home. Will probably grab Sonic CD as well.[/QUOTE]

For $3, HELL YEAH. Never play HotD4 in the arcades so it will be something new to see.

[quote name='darrenaero']99% sure yes.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

It's weird because the Season Pass promises 4 map packs, but Naughty Dog only released 3 map packs and 2 co-op modes, and that was it no more.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Never play HotD4 in the arcades so it will be something new to see.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Bought and played last night for the first time. HOTD2 is still the best of the series from the Japanese studio. 4 however is as good as 3. Now where's HOTD1 and Virtua Cop series HD remakes... and maybe even Confidential Mission.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']I noticed that some of the free PS+ games show an expiration date and some don't. Anybody know what's up with that?[/QUOTE]
I'll make a guess that you're seeing the unlock games, which gave you a demo and an unlock file when you downloaded them. The expiration date doesn't show properly because of the way that works, but it will just turn into the demo on the same day that everything else expires.

Had to pick up sonic CD as a previous sega CD owner back in the day. Soon as the game started up without sonic boom I was so disappointed. I remember reading about licensing issue in a blog about it but forgot. Without that cheesy song I just didn't get the same hype when starting :(

[quote name='shadowkast']Had to pick up sonic CD as a previous sega CD owner back in the day. Soon as the game started up without sonic boom I was so disappointed. I remember reading about licensing issue in a blog about it but forgot. Without that cheesy song I just didn't get the same hype when starting :([/QUOTE]
Are you serious? fuck that then, I'd rather put the $3 towards an original CD copy. I don't know why I ever got caught up in trading my old games in for credit years ago. Really wish I had held onto all my original stuff. :(

[quote name='wrencrest']Sonic CD almost made buying a Sega CD worth it. ALMOST I said. Yes, I bought a Sega CD, and yes, you can laugh at me. Sonic CD was still awesome though.[/QUOTE]

I don't even remember having Sonic CD but I do remember loving Third World War so much and I also had Slam City with Scottie Pippen and Mad Dog McCree. Of course I also bought the 32x so Sega was taking me to thr cleaners back in the day.

[quote name='shadowkast']Had to pick up sonic CD as a previous sega CD owner back in the day. Soon as the game started up without sonic boom I was so disappointed. I remember reading about licensing issue in a blog about it but forgot. Without that cheesy song I just didn't get the same hype when starting :([/QUOTE]

You have to manually change the music to the US soundtrack to hear Sonic Boom. It's set to the Japanese soundtrack by default.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'll make a guess that you're seeing the unlock games, which gave you a demo and an unlock file when you downloaded them. The expiration date doesn't show properly because of the way that works, but it will just turn into the demo on the same day that everything else expires.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Thanks!

Anyone actually been able to play the Ghost Recon beta? I tried 4 deifferent times last night only to get a message saying something about not being able to connect to the GR servers.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Anyone actually been able to play the Ghost Recon beta? I tried 4 deifferent times last night only to get a message saying something about not being able to connect to the GR servers.[/QUOTE]

It starts on the 19th.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Oh WTF? why would they let us download it already??[/QUOTE]
So everybody that wanted in can be ready to go when the servers are live.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']So everybody that wanted in can be ready to go when the servers are live.[/QUOTE]
OIC. I was really itching to play last night too:joystick:

Don't ya just love how Sony took Fortune Hunter Club down only to put up a lesser version that's more expensive (at least for non-Plus members.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Don't ya just love how Sony took Fortune Hunter Club down only to put up a lesser version that's more expensive (at least for non-Plus members.)[/QUOTE]
Isn't it just mp stuff in that pack though? If so, that has no bearing on me since I haven't played any mp in Uncharted since the second game and only like the co-op mode since people are far too good in competitive for my liking.

Question: Has anyone else bought World Gone Sour? It looks like a really cutesy lil platformer and for $5 if it's a decent length I'd probably grab it.

That and I am looking at the pinball game as I still do like the one on Windows and a more complex one would probably interest me decently enough to play it sporadically like I do with Bejeweled 2 at times.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Question: Has anyone else bought World Gone Sour? It looks like a really cutesy lil platformer and for $5 if it's a decent length I'd probably grab it.[/QUOTE]

Someone in the thread did, I believe.

I'm tempted, but when's the last a licensed game based on food had been good?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Don't ya just love how Sony took Fortune Hunter Club down only to put up a lesser version that's more expensive (at least for non-Plus members.)[/QUOTE]
Should they have made it cheaper to screw over FHC people?

[quote name='elessar123']Someone in the thread did, I believe.

I'm tempted, but when's the last a licensed game based on food had been good?[/QUOTE]
Every professional review I've read thus far has made World Gone Sour out to be a spiritual successor to the Cool Spot game from the Genesis/Super NES back in the 90's with a hint of Little Big Planet-esque gameplay thrown in.

So that combination is enough for me to give the game a whirl at $5. I have almost $60 in PSN credit sitting on my account, so why not?

damnit i forgot to get immortals. just found zebraman 2 attack on zebracity for $.99 cents tho so im down. also might check out groupsex, cattle call, and stonerville for $.99. lol?
i heard world of sour is awesome. and checked the music video. awesomeness. plus creed from the office as the narrator ;)
also i loved sega's peripherals back in the day. when i got sonic and knuckles and we could put sonic 2/3 through that thing like a game genie and unlock knuckles in a game that was out for years. it was like high tech dlc 20 years ago. sooooo awesome. and the fact sonic 3 knew it so they had secrets that couldnt be unlocked with just sonic/tails. so cool

[quote name='gettinmoney662']World Gone Sour is awesome. It's pretty short (I got 100% trophies in a day, playing on and off) but it was complete fun the whole time.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Hopefully my buddy gets his internet back before his nieces go back to Maine and I can convince him to download it. I'm sure they'd get a kick out of the game and especially since it's local co-op. Two of them at a clip could play it.

In hindsight the money probably could've been better spent, but no regrets. Sonic CD, Shining Force CD, Lunar and Dark Wizard were badass.

Has anyone posted what the major differences between this Sonic CD and the other versions are? Is this one definitive? It's only $3 but I don't know if I should activate my PS+ card for this or wait. Especially since I already have the Sonic Gems Collection version and plan on getting it on Sega CD.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shock: World Gone Sour is 1200mb's while the pinball game is 200mb's. Weird.[/QUOTE]

It comes with a music video, and I'm assuming it's in HD.

I don't think that rendering a pinball machine would take up much space, especially compared to a 2.5D platformer with a style that requires good textures.

I just got done trying out the Pinball Arcade game. The Theatre Of Magic one is pretty fun, as is Arabian Nights and Ripley's Believe It Or Not(though this game definitely has a short ramp for the ball when you first shoot it onto the playing field), but the Black Hole one is gonna take some getting used to.

I just racked up a score of 764,000,000 on TOM, but that's fairly easy to do if you ask me since every bonus seems to be 1 million plus and usually there's a multiplier with it too.

Okay, now that you mentioned Cool Spot I may have to give Sour a try. I had a lot of fun renting that for my Genesis. I love the bizarre licenses that were able to have platformers made for them in the early '90s even if the games weren't usually very good.

I'm loving Sonic CD again for $3. I held off at launch as I knew the inevitable Sega sale was coming. I had a launch Genesis with the side CD add-on. Besides Sonic I remember Tomcat Alley (did anyone else have this?), Prize Fighter, Sewer Shark (three-six-niner!), and a weird FMV football game that only featured a handful of clips between the 49ers and Cowboys. Obviously, Sonic took up the bulk of my plays. Back in those days it wasn't insignificant to get a built-in CD player for music, too.

[quote name='streakermaximus']In hindsight the money probably could've been better spent, but no regrets. Sonic CD, Shining Force CD, Lunar and Dark Wizard were badass.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, Lunar! Forgot about that game too. That and FF6 were two of the first RPGs I ever played. Up until I played Lunar, I thought RPGs were for nerds. Not realizing I was one I guess!
[quote name='gubmccargen']Okay, now that you mentioned Cool Spot I may have to give Sour a try. I had a lot of fun renting that for my Genesis. I love the bizarre licenses that were able to have platformers made for them in the early '90s even if the games weren't usually very good.

I'm loving Sonic CD again for $3. I held off at launch as I knew the inevitable Sega sale was coming. I had a launch Genesis with the side CD add-on. Besides Sonic I remember Tomcat Alley (did anyone else have this?), Prize Fighter, Sewer Shark (three-six-niner!), and a weird FMV football game that only featured a handful of clips between the 49ers and Cowboys. Obviously, Sonic took up the bulk of my plays. Back in those days it wasn't insignificant to get a built-in CD player for music, too.[/QUOTE]
I played some of World Gone Sour and I did not get a Cool Spot vibe at all, but then again I havent played Cool Spot in 15 or 20 years! I remember loving that game though. How the hell do you all remember so much?! Man, I must be getting alzheimers already...

I mentioned Swere Shark a page or two ago. I remember loving that game even if it isnt much to look at today and even then. I remember Tomcat Alley too, but dont think I played it.

I had to go check out games I couldnt remember. Snatcher, so awesome, Jurassic Park, lots of fun, and this game called Mansion of hidden Souls. That game was so weird and just a standard point and click type adventure game, but I will never forget the quote from that game "look at the pretty bu erfly". The character didnt pronounce the T in butterfly and I always remember that for some reason.

EDIT: And Silpheed! LOVED that game

[quote name='nitman99']Has anyone posted what the major differences between this Sonic CD and the other versions are? Is this one definitive? It's only $3 but I don't know if I should activate my PS+ card for this or wait. Especially since I already have the Sonic Gems Collection version and plan on getting it on Sega CD.[/QUOTE]

It is definitely the definitive version. It seems like a lot of people are missing the fact that the soundtrack to the game is set to the Japanese version by default. I grew up with the US music on Sega CD along with the awesome "Sonic Boom" intro. You can access both of these by going to the soundtrack menu in game. Awesome game and for $3 it's a steal.

The Japanese version didn't have that song? That's rather shocking considering it was kind of cheesy and right up their alley haha. With that in mind, I guess I can't say no to $3 for it.

How can all of you mention Sega CD and not a one owned Ecco. Between that game and Sonic CD, I barely played (well owned ha) anything else.

[quote name='Jodou']The Japanese version didn't have that song? That's rather shocking considering it was kind of cheesy and right up their alley haha. With that in mind, I guess I can't say no to $3 for it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I've heard the Japanese version and I tend to like that one better. Then again, I have no nostalgia for Sega CD.

i got the hotd4 demo for 800 meg, thought that's not bad, ill get the game. thinking it was a 6kb unlock code. then it turns out being a 4000 meg game. 4 gigs... guess i gotta wait to dl n play it now til im done with some other games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back