PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just to expand upon this, the season sub is $19.99 and includes an exclusive theme, which they have pictures of in the blog post.

IGN also has a good review for it here.[/QUOTE]

An 8.5 is a decent score. Did anyone see IGN cover box?

RIGHT HERE

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Got Sonic CD. Debating if I should wait on House of the Dead IV or get it now.[/QUOTE]
In the same boat. I want a house of the dead 3 & 4 bundle. Don't know why they haven't offered that.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I seen it earlier today, threw up in my mouth a little.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the original black label cover art will be worth something down the road for collectors. :whistle2:k

[quote name='PublikDefender']In the same boat. I want a house of the dead 3 & 4 bundle. Don't know why they haven't offered that.[/QUOTE]

Probably cause HOTD 4 just came out?

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']An 8.5 is a decent score. Did anyone see IGN cover box?

RIGHT HERE[/QUOTE]

Just wait until it goes greatest hits/platinum hits. :lol:

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']An 8.5 is a decent score. Did anyone see IGN cover box?

RIGHT HERE[/QUOTE]

Good thing I chose MK: Komplete over Batman when I picked up my PS3 at GS last week.

The PS+ offers for May are posted:

Exclusive:
  • Early Access
  • Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta – 5/1
  • Velocity (Free PS mini) – 5/1
Free Games:

• PSN Games
  • Awesomenauts – 5/1
  • Trine 2 – 5/1
  • Rock of Ages – 5/15
Minis

• Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims – 5/1
  • Velocity – 5/1
PS one Classics

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – 5/1
  • Castlevania Chronicles – 5/1
Full Game Trials

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
  • Disney Universe – 5/1
  • Saints Row The Third – 5/8
  • Assassin’s Creed Revelations – 5/15
  • Batman Arkham City – 5/15
  • Rayman Origins– 5/15
  • Need for Speed The Run – 5/15
  • Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 5/22
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22
Free Avatars and Themes

• Dead Cloud Avatar – 5/15
  • Gear Avatar – 5/15
  • Mesh Dynamic Theme – 5/22
Discounts:
PSN Games
Datura – 5/8 (PS Plus Price – $7.99)
Disney Universe – 5/1 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Rayman: Origins – 5/15 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Saints Row The Third – 5/8 (PS Plus Price: $47.99)

Pretty damned good if you ask me.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...auts-trine-2-rock-of-ages-pixeljunk-4am-beta/

Here's the PS+ schedule for May:
PlayStation Plus returns with another month of fantastic free games and awesome exclusives that have subscribers around the world believing in Plus. Kicking things off in May is new release Awesomenauts, FREE for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Watch the trailer below!

This colorfully action packed 2D online multiplayer battler with split-screen gameplay is releasing on May 1st. You’ll storm the game’s online battlegrounds and unlock loads of new abilities and characters for your arsenal. For more details on Awesomenauts come back to the blog a little later today — developer Ronimo will have more details on the game and will stick around to respond to your comments and questions.

PSN hit Trine 2 joins the free games selection in May, boasting widespread critical acclaim and a dazzling fantasy world. Don’t miss out on one of the prettiest titles in gaming — grab Trine 2 for free on Plus this month. Not enough for you? How about getting Rock of Ages for free when it releases on PSN? The acclaimed mix of tower-defense strategy and rolling ball physics (trust us, it’s fun will keep you in stitches with the game’s quirky humor and ultra-addictive gameplay modes.

May also brings the free release of PS one Classic Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania Chronicles. For many of you, Castlevania: SotN needs no introduction. If you’ve never had a chance to experience what many fans consider to be the definitive Castlevania game, you now have no excuse. Castlevania Chronicles, on the other hand, is based on the original Castlevania but is no less engaging than SotN, especially given its blistering challenge. Gamers who are looking for a classic challenge need look no further!

Saints Row The Third will be available on 5/8 as a PS3 Full Game download. If you missed out on this insane open-world epic last fall, you may want to jump on it as it will have a 20% discount when it releases.

If you’ve had your eye on PixelJunk 4am, you’ll be happy to hear that Plus subscribers get exclusive access to the game’s beta! All PlayStation Plus subscribers will get access to the online viewer where you can watch performances built in this musical PlayStation Move experience that immerses you in the creative flow of making music. Select Plus subscribers will also get access to the performance beta, so watch your PSN messages to see if you’re selected.

There’s a ton more coming this month that isn’t yet on the list below, including free minis like Velocity and Floating Cloud God, exclusive discounts coming towards the end of the month and more. If you’re not yet a Plus subscriber, you can snag your subscription by clicking here or purchasing it on PlayStation Store.

Remember, some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

Deals
Datura - $7.99 - 5/8
Disney Universe - $15.00 - 5/1
Saints Row The Third - $47.99 - 5/18
Rayman: Origins - $15.00 - 5/29

Games
Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta – 5/1
Awesomenauts – 5/1
Trine 2 – 5/1
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Velocity - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Castlevania Chronicles - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Rock of Ages – 5/15

Full Game Trials
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
Disney Universe – 5/1
Saints Row The Third – 5/8
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – 5/15
Batman Arkham City – 5/15
Rayman Origins– 5/15
Need for Speed The Run – 5/15
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 5/22
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22

Dead Cloud Avatar – 5/15
Gear Avatar – 5/15

Themes
Mesh Dynamic Theme – 5/22
It's interesting that Ghost Recon will also be on PSN at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trine 2 and Awesomnauts FREE! Are you shitting me? AWESOME!

Plus: "There’s a ton more coming this month that isn’t yet on the list below, including free minis like Velocity and Floating Cloud God, exclusive discounts coming towards the end of the month and more."

Someone in this thread once said something like "If I only had $50 a year to spend on video games, I would get PS+". At this point, I have to agree with this sentiment!

Oh HELL NO :wall: :censored:
Trine 2 is going to be FREE!!!!. Am pissed off that i didn't waited for a sale, but seeing it in a different way. I made a good choice. I supported the developers by purchasing at $15 & obtaining a (an easy) platinum. PS+ is getting good continent each month now :applause:.

[quote name='dmdragon']Wow, first Shank 2 and now Trine 2?

Forget live, ps+ is where it's at.[/QUOTE]

I know... I was waiting to buy Trine 2 at a discount on XBLA, but screw that, nothing beats free. I have plenty other games to pad my gamerscore.

And Trine 1 never made it to XBLA due to MS stupidity, so its only fitting.

Never heard of Trine 2, but I'll try it. I already have Castlevania: SotN from buying that Castlevania game from BB (which is still collecting dust). And I picked up Rayman: Origins from TRU for $20 awhile back, but it's a good deal for anyone who is still waiting.

wow, with next months promotions, I don't know how many times we gotta say 'the next month is the absolute best' b/c they keep out doing themselves. The only thing I can do is pledge to never let my PS+ lapse, they deserve it!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I know... I was waiting to buy Trine 2 at a discount on XBLA, but screw that, nothing beats free. I have plenty other games to pad my gamerscore.

And Trine 1 never made it to XBLA due to MS stupidity, so its only fitting.[/QUOTE]
It was due to the developer's shortsighted deals with different publishers on each platform that lead to the huge mess resulting in a delayed PSN release and no XBLA release.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Oh HELL NO :wall: :censored:
Trine 2 is going to be FREE!!!!. Am pissed off that i didn't waited for a sale, but seeing it in a different way. I made a good choice. I supported the developers by purchasing at $15 & obtaining a (an easy) platinum. PS+ is getting good continent each month now :applause:.[/QUOTE]

See. That's your problem. If you weren't on a different continent, you would have known it was going to be free!:applause:

J/K:lol:

[quote name='xplode427']Are any of these games vita compatible?[/QUOTE]

Whenever Sony adds PS1 emulation support, you can play those Castlevanias.

I am just speechless over the PS+ slate. Just SotN alone would have satisfied me. I don't have enough time to play all these games, Sony!

I've already played, beaten, and platted Trine 2 and I can do nothing but recommend it. The gameplay is smooth and the graphics are beautiful. Fantastic game and well worth the original price.

I used to play both Castlevania games a ton as a kid, so I'm excited to get to play those once again. I have Rock of Ages on Steam and it's pretty fun from what I've played, but I think I'd rather play it on there as opposed to with a controller.

Yet another month of PS+ that makes me nothing but happy.

Is Trine 2 completely different from the first game? I beat it and thought it was very meh. Even for free, I doubt I'd waste my time on a download.

It seems like an improved version but falls under the more of the same camp if you didn't like the first one. I think this one adds MP is one of the new features.

Man...I love you PS+. I had it when Trine 1 was free and loved the game. Shank 2 was out of this world. Now Trine 2 AND Castlevania: SotN??? Holy balls. I have a buddy who is going to bust a nut when he sees this.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']See. That's your problem. If you weren't on a different continent, you would have known it was going to be free!:applause:

J/K:lol:[/QUOTE]

:oops:
I met content not continent. Damn auto correct spelling.

I didn't really care for Trine 1 but to get Trine 2 for free is pretty sweet. Now I can give that game a try :D.

Also Castlevania SOTN and Chronicals, even though I have the PSP Dracula X collection that has it on.

Jebus!

Here I thought last month's goodies were good.

With the wealth of content, I have very little doubt I'll be continuing to use PS+ after my year's up in a few months.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/24/awesomenauts-blasts-off-for-psn-today-free-for-ps-plus/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2B1kucUl_g

If you want to learn a bit more about Awesomenauts:
Imagine Eighties Saturday morning cartoons and platforming shooters made sweet love. Awesomenauts is what their love-baby would look like! Awesomenauts is an online, class-based side-scrolling shooter that blends intense platforming combat with lethal skills and strategic team-play to produce a unique DOTA-like competitive experience. Matches are played out online or offline in 3 vs 3 and you’ll coordinate attacks with your buddies and gather Solar to unlock and upgrade your weapons. You’ll ultimately strive to outsmart enemy players, pushing your way through turrets and waves of droids to destroy the enemy base.

You’ll be able to play as several unique Awesomenauts: Clunk, a giant rocket-launching, self-destructing robot; Yuri, a jetpack-rocking, mine-throwing, bad-mannered monkey; and Froggy G, a watery breakdancer who dazzles his opponents. Each character fulfills a unique role within a team, and their abilities can be customized with many upgrades as you storm the online arena!

Life as an Awesomenaut is best enjoyed with friends, so we’ve included splitscreen play! In fact, you can play with up to three people on the same console and dominate online and offline matches as a team. We want as many people as possible playing Awesomenauts, and hope the game will have a large community. That’s why we’ve teamed up with PlayStation to make the game free for PlayStation Plus subscribers throughout May! And we’re preparing to support the game with new characters and items in the near future to make sure the game stays fresh.

In Awesomenauts you can always get straight into the action; the game has full drop-in support where humans can replace bots at any time during a match. Have friends come online while you’re already in a match? No problem, just send them an invite and they can drop into your game straight away. You’ll never have to wait in lobbies for a match to start!

I knew waiting on Trine 2 would result in a deal! Trine 1 was a fine game, very pretty and fun to play. Add both the Castelvania games and Awesomenauts and they have a great May shaping up already for plus.

Has Rock of Ages come out yet? If not, that's two free games on their release date and a relatively new $15 game for free. I still don't understand the people who complain about Plus.

OMG that Awesomenauts theme song! I felt like I was 8 years old again, back in 1986. Definitely gonna have to check that out.

With my current schedule, all I have time for is free PS+ games right now. Having fun, saving tons of money.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Has Rock of Ages come out yet? If not, that's two free games on their release date and a relatively new $15 game for free. I still don't understand the people who complain about Plus.[/QUOTE]
Rock of Ages is not out yet. Free on release, 5/15. Whiny bitches complain. :)

[quote name='Jodou']Glad I got PS+ for $15 and only for cloud saves. All the freebies except Simpson's Arcade have been worthless.[/QUOTE]

cool

So I should probably go redeem that card I got during TRU's discount sale. PS+ is starting to make XBL look awful...if only I could get some more friends to switch consoles!

I just read someone say that if you stop subscribing to Netflix, you lose access to all those movies, yet no one has a problem with that and that's way more expensive than Plus is. Don't know why I never thought of it like that.

Here are the deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Cars 2: The Video Game - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
The Walking Dead - Season Pass - $19.99 - Includes Premium Theme

PSP
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - PSP - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Add-ons
FIFA Soccer 12 - UEFA Euro 2012 Trial - Free
Ninja Gaiden 3 - Ultimate Ninja Pack - Free
Rock Band 3 - "Bigger Than A Kiss" by Teenage Bottlerocket - $0.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Soulcalibur V - Cepheus Compatibility Pack 2 - Free

Vita Apps
Skype - Free - 9.2 MB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - Metal Sonic + 1 Death Egg Zone Track - $2.40
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - Ryo with Forklift Character - $1.50
Sonic Unleashed - Apatos & Smamar Adventure Pack - $0.90
Sonic Unleashed - Chunnan Adventure Pack - $0.90
Sonic Unleashed - Empired City & Adabat Adventure Pack - $0.90
Sonic Unleashed - Holoska Adventure Pack - $0.90

Games
Battlefield 3 - Full Game Trial - 12.22 GB
The Cursed Crusade - Full Game Trial - 4.79 GB

I think I might finally pick up some of that Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing DLC. My girlfriend and I play the game all the time, so it'd be nice to have an extra track/character. It was overpriced to begin with, so at least now it's not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back