PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think The Walking Dead will finally be the episodic game that I can keep up with, as it's about 2-3 hours to get through an episode and has far less clutter to it than the typical Telltale adventure game has.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Looks to be a good update. I'm also lookin forward to tryin out Sumioni.[/QUOTE]

Ooh I didn't know there was a demo for it! Can't wait to see how much it stinks (based on what I've heard).

I was actually going to import the JP edition then I patiently waited for the US edition. Of course I find out it's digital only, and well that's just something I don't agree with.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

Someone in this thread once said something like "If I only had $50 a year to spend on video games, I would get PS+". At this point, I have to agree with this sentiment![/QUOTE]

You know...I read this not long after you posted and decided to come back online and quote it and respond.

I signed up for + late last year when Target had their ad misprint. I bought two years worth and it was the first time I've ever had it. If I had read what you posted before having + for a few months I would have said it was crazy talk. But now that I've had it for a few months, I going to go out on a limb and say you may be correct. I know in just the short time I have had it I have gotten for free Back to the Future, Shift 2, Shank 2, Farcry 2, Silent Hill, Simpsons and an assload of other GOOD games. I already had the Sly Collection otherwise I would have been happy about getting the first one for free (and this applies to some other freebies that I already had). Plus I remember getting some sweet discounts like Trine 1 for five bucks. Now Trine 2 and SotN for free? And I know there are other free games I got that I'm forgetting to mention. It is definitely 50 bucks well spent, let alone the 15 from the misprint.

Is this price still valid on this:

Daxter and Secret Agent Clank Bundle - $14.99

I can't find it on my Vita. I'll try checking via my PS3.

^Oh! Cool that plays on Vita??! Target has that bundle(Daxter and Secret Agent Clank Bundle - $14.99) for the same price in store..PSP, of course.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/29/the-drop-week-of-april-30th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Vita

Mortal Kombat (Digital and GameCard) – After centuries of Mortal Kombat, Emperor Shao Kahn has finally defeated Raiden and his allies. Faced with extinction, Raiden has one last chance to save Earthrealm. To undo the Emperor’s victory, he must strike Shao Kahn where he is vulnerable…the Past.
Driven by an all new graphics engine, the fan favorite series is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before. Mortal Kombat (known as Mortal Kombat 9 by the fans) introduces a number of game-play features including tag team and the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several new game modes.

PlayStation Network

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – The Bad Company crew again find themselves in the heart of the action, where they must use every weapon and vehicle at their disposal to survive. The action unfolds with unprecedented intensity, introducing a level of fervor to vehicular warfare never before experienced in a modern warfare action game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops w/ First Strike DLC – Hear the call of duty once again with this seventh entry in this blockbuster first-person shooter franchise. Call of Duty: Black Ops takes you deep behind enemy lines into the world of deniable operations as a member of an elite special forces unit engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe. With access to a variety of exclusive weaponry and equipment, your actions will tip the balance during the most dangerous time period mankind has ever known.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 w/ Stimulus Package – Return to today’s war front with the second chapter in the Modern Warfare series. Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse. Playing as as Sgt. Gary “Roach” Sanderson, your international squad of elite soldiers battle through harrowing combat scenarios that range from snowy mountaintops in Siberia to the crowded streets of Rio de Janiero, Brazil and beyond, facing a terrorist force hellbent on redefining the boundary lines of today’s modern warfare.

Awesomenauts – Awesomenauts features the most awesome mercenaries in the galaxy in their fight for territorial supremacy. Awesomenauts brings Space frogs with mohawks, giant robots, and lots of other mighty aliens to the two-dimensional console battlefield. Combining classic platforming-action with modern online multiplayer functionality, the action-packed gameplay offers everything the 16-bit generation and modern gamers love.

Disney Universe – Disney Universe a fast-paced multiplayer action adventure game. In the game, players will experience non-stop action through a mix-up of worlds inspired by both animated and live action films from Disney.

Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time – Lead kooky inventor Doc Clock and his contemptuous robot, Sack, on their first awesome adventure through time to save Doc’s beloved cat from a prickly fate. Test your creative ability by devising ingenious inventions to overcome improbable obstacles. Then push your piloting skills to the limit as you attempt to steer your crazy contraptions through an insane world of spiky pits, icy chasms and erupting volcanoes, all dominated by technophobic hippy robots.

PS3 Demos

Awesomenauts
Dirt: Showdown
GT Academy 2012
Sumioni: Demon Arts (PS Vita)

minis

Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims

PSone Classics

Legend of Dragoon – A peaceful beginning.The legend was born 10,000 years ago. A violent uprising. A civilization of flying creatures enslave the human race. A bloody war. In a bid for freedom, the humans harness the spiritual forces of Dragons and triumph. Tranquility and harmony exist between all. But the past and the future are about to collide… Unveil a fantasy of magnificence, deception, magical combat and retribution. The journey that seeks the past ends. And the journey to discover today begins. Unleash the spirit of the Dragoons. And discover your destiny.

PlayStation 2 Classics

Max Payne – Max Payne is a man with nothing to lose in the violent, cold urban night. A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder, and now hunted by cops and the mob. Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win.
Max Payne is a relentless story-driven shooter about a man on the edge, fighting for his justice while uncovering plot-twists and twisted thugs in the gritty bowels of New York during the century’s worst blizzard. Using the innovative Bullet Time mechanic, players can slow their sense of time in order to focus shots in intense encounters for deadly accuracy in life-or-death gun duels.

Rayman 2: Revolution – Ubisoft’s personable and popular cartoon hero is back and more ambitious than ever in the PlayStation 2-exclusive re-imagining, Rayman 2: Revolution. Now in full 3D and blending humor, suspense, and blinding speed, Rayman must escape an intergalactic zoo by using the powers of his still-imprisoned friends to open the door to an even greater power to free them. Unique to the PS2 version of the game are a number of brand new stages, a harder difficulty level, and a progressive upgrade system that gives Rayman a number of abilities not found in other iterations.

For PS+ this week:

Deals
Disney Universe - $15.00 - 5/1

Games
Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta – 5/1
Awesomenauts – 5/1
Trine 2 – 5/1
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Velocity - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Castlevania Chronicles - PSP/PS3 - 5/1

Full Game Trials
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
Disney Universe – 5/1

Was thinking about Disney universe for $15 for PS plus, but was able to score a copy at my local best buy for $8. Others may want to check BB if they are considering it.

[quote name='Layd Dly']After playing Hot Shots Golf so much on my Vita, i broke down and spent the $20 on the HSG Out of Bounds Complete Collection since it was only $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played Hot Shots in awhile. How many extra courses does the bundle have? Not too concerned with skins and the like.

Just checked the "last chance" section of PS+ and saw Sonic CD and House of the Dead 4 deals ending on April 30/when PSN updates on Tuesday.

Does anyone know how long the Sega PS+ sale will last?

Specifically, the DLC for Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, hoping for another week so that when I get paid I'll still be able to get those pieces of DLC.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Just checked the "last chance" section of PS+ and saw Sonic CD and House of the Dead 4 deals ending on April 30/when PSN updates on Tuesday.

Specifically, the DLC for Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, hoping for another week so that when I get paid I'll still be able to get those pieces of DLC.[/QUOTE]

If it's not in the "Last Chance" section it should go on for at least 1 more week.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Just checked the "last chance" section of PS+ and saw Sonic CD and House of the Dead 4 deals ending on April 30/when PSN updates on Tuesday.

Specifically, the DLC for Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, hoping for another week so that when I get paid I'll still be able to get those pieces of DLC.[/QUOTE]
Have you checked the OP? When I see what's in the Last Chance section, I make sure to add the expiration dates to those items and anything else on there lasts for at least another week.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

For PS+ this week:

Deals
Disney Universe - $15.00 - 5/1

Games
Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta – 5/1
Awesomenauts – 5/1
Trine 2 – 5/1
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Velocity - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PSP/PS3 - 5/1
Castlevania Chronicles - PSP/PS3 - 5/1

Full Game Trials
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
Disney Universe – 5/1[/QUOTE]
Trine 2 is on sale or free with PS+? I ask because I played the first one and loved it. If it's on sale for $5-10 I'll grab it. If it's free on PS+, I'll probably grab it and play through it before June when my PS+ expires.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Trine 2 is on sale or free with PS+? I ask because I played the first one and loved it. If it's on sale for $5-10 I'll grab it. If it's free on PS+, I'll probably grab it and play through it before June when my PS+ expires.[/QUOTE]

All of those games you quoted (including Trine 2) are FREE for PS+ users so you'll want to get it before your subscription expires in June.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Trine 2 is on sale or free with PS+? I ask because I played the first one and loved it. If it's on sale for $5-10 I'll grab it. If it's free on PS+, I'll probably grab it and play through it before June when my PS+ expires.[/QUOTE]
If there's no price, there's no cost to get it.

Does Media Go have everything on PSN? I looked for Shank 2, Need for Speed Shift 2, and House of the Dead 4 and they don't show up. My account is non-Plus, and I just bought a Plus card and was about to apply it, but not if I can't grab those games.

Edit: Silent Hill, Canabalt, and Farm Frenzy 2 show up as free for PS+ members. Mystic Garden is not free. Shank 2, NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed, and House of the Dead 4 don't show up at all. This is fucked up; get your PS3 fixed asap if yours breaks.

[quote name='whitereflection']Does Media Go have everything on PSN? I looked for Shank 2, Need for Speed Shift 2, and House of the Dead 4 and they don't show up. My account is non-Plus, and I just bought a Plus card and was about to apply it, but not if I can't grab those games.

Edit: Silent Hill, Canabalt, and Farm Frenzy 2 show up as free for PS+ members. Mystic Garden is not free. Shank 2, NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed, and House of the Dead 4 don't show up at all. This is fucked up; get your PS3 fixed asap if yours breaks.[/QUOTE]

Media Go only lists PSP-compatible stuff, which is stupid.

Is that sarcasm? I was wondering why it was called "Media Go" but your explanation makes a lot of sense, and I can't believe I didn't see it looking at the titles I listed.

I only wish I figured it out sooner. Now I'm sitting on a $50 PSN card and a 12-month PS+ card and can't do jack shit with them.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is that sarcasm? I was wondering why it was called "Media Go" but your explanation makes a lot of sense, and I can't believe I didn't see it looking at the titles I listed.

I only wish I figured it out sooner. Now I'm sitting on a $50 PSN card and a 12-month PS+ card and can't do jack shit with them.[/QUOTE]
Media Go is the PSP's iTunes, so it only offers access to the PSP's PS Store. PS+ wasn't made for PSP, so you need a PS3 to access it.

[quote name='aaronmills']All of those games you quoted (including Trine 2) are FREE for PS+ users so you'll want to get it before your subscription expires in June.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If there's no price, there's no cost to get it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks to both of you. I finished the original and I thought it was well worth the price that I think I paid at the time($10).

Okay, this might be a silly question, but how do accounts work on PS3? Could I actually use someone else's PS3 to log into my account, redeem my PS+ and PSN cards, grab the shit I want, and log out?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thanks to both of you. I finished the original and I thought it was well worth the price that I think I paid at the time($10).[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think Trine 1 (along with a PixelJunk pack) was the first thing I bought on PSN, soon after I got my PS3. I think I paid $15 and it was well worth every penny.

I've since become a CAG and developed an embarrasing backlog, so I never got around to buying Trine 2. I'm super excited to get it free this month, I think it will be my favorite freebie yet from PS+. Can't wait to download it tomorrow.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Media Go is the PSP's iTunes, so it only offers access to the PSP's PS Store. PS+ wasn't made for PSP, so you need a PS3 to access it.[/QUOTE]

Every time I use xbox.com to purchase stuff through my web browser while at work I get annoyed that the PSN website store doesn't offer the same service.

[quote name='whitereflection']Okay, this might be a silly question, but how do accounts work on PS3? Could I actually use someone else's PS3 to log into my account, redeem my PS+ and PSN cards, grab the shit I want, and log out?[/QUOTE]
As long as you haven't shared your personal account with others before, it should be as simple as that.

You'd just create a new user on their system, login with your account info, redeem your codes, buy the stuff you want, and then you could deactivate your account on his/her PS3 to be safe.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Media Go is the PSP's iTunes, so it only offers access to the PSP's PS Store. PS+ wasn't made for PSP, so you need a PS3 to access it.[/QUOTE]

This is news to me. I figured PS+ would have been added by now to Medio Go.
It has been awhile since I last used Media Go since I have a PS3 now.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This is news to me. I figured PS+ would have been added by now to Medio Go.
It has been awhile since I last used Media Go since I have a PS3 now.[/QUOTE]
You can access the PS+ Minis and PS1 Classics that have been given out, but nothing else that's offered on PS+ works on PSP.

[quote name='humidore']Wait, Castlevania on my Vita? For free? Yay![/QUOTE]

Maybe in the future. I'm gonna pass on the PS+ giveaway since I want own the castlevanias and my + expires on 2013. I'd rather pay when it gets a discount for regular members.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'd play it for "free" and if I really want to play it again in the next console cycle and I no longer have Plus, then I would just buy it again. We're talking about a difference of

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back