PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any deals available for PSN subscriptions? About to expire (tomorrow) and they unfortunately don't even sell them on Amazon so I could use credit on them.

Ideas?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn Awesomenauts is fun. Reminds me of Gunbound and some other 2-D MMO i used to play[/QUOTE]

Up to this point, I was ambivalent about Awesomenauts until you mentioned that it's like Gunbound. Then you mentioned that it's also like Maple Story and I'm ambivalent again.

Lol i didnt mean Maple Story. I dont think i could ever play that game again

Found it, name was Gunster. Of course that game was much faster than this, but it still has the same spirit to it (And 100% less hacking)

Why is it when someone says 2-D MMO the first one to come to mind is always Maple Story :p, theres plenty of other good ones lol

Thought my PS3 was going to get a break from last week deals, but I bought Sonic CD early this morning. Though, I have a billion Sonics and haven't finished either of them:hot:!

This week, my PS3 is putting in overtime!!!!! My PSP is getting some action, too!:)

Thanks Frisky!

[quote name='Not Eric']Are there any deals available for PSN subscriptions? About to expire (tomorrow) and they unfortunately don't even sell them on Amazon so I could use credit on them.

Ideas?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy sells them online if you have credit there, but no sales that I've seen lately.

Quick question for anyone who would know

I am running out of space on my ps3 due to all the free ps plus content, let's say I delete something free they gave us like Trine 2, can I redownload it at no charge again at a later date for free still provided I am still a ps plus member???

I know the content is all ours provided we stay as psplus members but what if we delete it??

[quote name='clearM3']Quick question for anyone who would know

I am running out of space on my ps3 due to all the free ps plus content, let's say I delete something free they gave us like Trine 2, can I redownload it at no charge again at a later date for free still provided I am still a ps plus member???

I know the content is all ours provided we stay as psplus members but what if we delete it??[/QUOTE]

as long as you continue your plus membership anything you delete you can download later.

[quote name='clearM3']Quick question for anyone who would know

I know the content is all ours provided we stay as psplus members but what if we delete it??[/QUOTE]

Correct. I "buy" a lot of free content, but never download it. I just want it added to my download history in case I ever decide I want it.

[quote name='dmdragon']I thought rock of ages came out this week. Am I not seeing it or was I mistaken in the release date?[/QUOTE]
You're mistaken. It'll be out on May 15.

[quote name='omyard']Correct. I "buy" a lot of free content, but never download it. I just want it added to my download history in case I ever decide I want it.[/QUOTE]

I do this too!!

I just wish a firmware update will have us sort the Download History!

I hate looking for a game/add-on i got 10-12 months ago by scrolling down hundreds of entries!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're mistaken. It'll be out on May 15.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, ok, for some reason I thought they all came out this week. Thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']I do this too!!

I hate looking for a game/add-on i got 10-12 months ago by scrolling down hundreds of entries![/QUOTE]

I would let them charge me another 5 bucks a year for ps+ if they added this. I can't believe that neither playstation nor 360 have this feature. Are they afraid that the ps3 can't handle databases?

If you know what you're looking for then you can just navigate to it or search for it and download it that way. But last time I got a new system I had to go through the list because I forgot all the 100 games I've bought.

So the PixelJunk Beta is only a live viewer? That's really disappointing, I was anticipating this the most today. How the heck are the other people playing though? Not many people playing but I found 1 person playing in the US, and he was a PS+er

[quote name='diplo']So the PixelJunk Beta is only a live viewer? That's really disappointing, I was anticipating this the most today. How the heck are the other people playing though? Not many people playing but I found 1 person playing in the US, and he was a PS+er[/QUOTE]
They sent or are sending out codes to some PS+ people.

[quote name='diplo']Who? What? Where? I neeeed one :D[/QUOTE]
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/20/pixeljunk-4am-hits-psn-may-15th-beta-coming-soon/
Very soon we’ll be holding an early access Live Beta for PlayStation Plus members. A limited number of codes will be given to PS Plus members who own a Move, allowing them to get a first taste of performing in 4am. There will also be a 4am Free Viewer beta download available to ALL PlayStation Plus members. During the course of the Live Beta, we’ll host some special live performances from around the world, including DJ Baiyon performing live from Japan. Any PlayStation Plus members with the 4am Free Viewer are of course welcome to spectate. The PixelJunk 4am Live Beta will start from May 1st and run for two weeks, so keep an eye out for further details very soon on how you can get in.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']I do this too!!

I hate looking for a game/add-on i got 10-12 months ago by scrolling down hundreds of entries![/QUOTE]

So, are you 'hoping' that will happen or are you being vocal about it on the PlayStation blog?

You never know if you'll be the 1 to make that a reality if all you do is 'hope' it will happen.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn Awesomenauts is fun. Reminds me of Gunbound and some other 2-D MMO i used to play[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Awesomenauts is bad ass. I've wanted to strangle teammates a couple times already, but it's still great.

If you guys want to play Awesomenauts with me, add me on PSN. I'll probably start playin tomorrow night and while I can't claim that I'll be amazing at the start, I learn quickly.

The free PS3 items thread was abandoned a few months ago, but now I will updating it weekly.

Episodes 39 through 47 of Qore are now free for everyone. The crappy Arqade minigames should be still available through the Playstation Store link inside of episode 47.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, Awesomenauts is bad ass. I've wanted to strangle teammates a couple times already, but it's still great.[/QUOTE]

Agreed so damn much

I didn't pay much for PS+ and I'm still not sure I would pay MSRP but 6 months in and I can say it's been worth the $25. Excited to play Trine 2 and Awesomenauts.

[quote name='LouieT']The free PS3 items thread was abandoned a few months ago, but now I will updating it weekly.

Episodes 39 through 47 of Qore are now free for everyone. The crappy Arqade minigames should be still available through the Playstation Store link inside of episode 47.[/QUOTE]
They've always been free since their release.

The Awesomenauts music is so cool!:) I'll have to play that when I have patience for it, though. It has a billion instructions.

The awkwardly-named Jam Live Music Arcade will be out on PSN in two weeks:
The kickoff date for your own music tour has just been announced! Zivix LLC, a developer leveraging innovative technology through peripherals, real musical instruments and entertainment software, and in association with Reverb Publishing, announced today that its upcoming music creation sandbox game, JAM Live Music Arcade, is set to launch on both Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation® Network the week of May 16th.

JAM Live Music Arcade was recently featured at SXSW in Austin and fresh from the PAX East show in Boston, where would-be Jam Masters from around the world got to remix some of their favorite hits on-the-fly. Be sure to check out the launch trailer here: http://youtu.be/jeqldm7rTJs

JAM Live Music Arcade is a completely new approach to the music genre with a real-time live music sandbox “JAM Mode” that allows the player to immediately build and customize their very own tunes, as well as a bonus “Arcade Challenge Mode” that plays similar to traditional music games. Starting with any one of the 30+ licensed songs featured in the game (including hits from Modest Mouse, Fallout Boy, Fatboy Slim, Owl City, Rise Against, Atmosphere and more), players jam with and remix all aspects of the song – guitar, bass, drums, synth and vocals – to experiment with the song and re-create it to their own personality. All of this is done with any one of the numerous compatible guitar gaming peripherals – the entire band is in your hands! Accessible and easy to get started, yet deep and almost endless to master, everyone can touch real music across a broad range of sonic tastes. JAM Live Music Arcade offers an immersive level of musical interaction that’s inspiring, powerful and contagious.

awesomenauts was awesome. just played for an hour. so glad psn+ gets it free. good stuff.
reminds me alot of swords and sorcery game with 2-d hacknslash, but it is alot more strategic then it lets on. i won a few games in a row but it seems like connection is a lil iffy cuz people kept dropping in and out(replaced by bots) and i had to quit the game when the timer hit 0:00 but the game wouldnt begin.

hit me up on psn w awesomenauts in the title if you wanna get the online trophy for inviting a friend or whatev. i dont even mess with the super powers and just upgrade my attack power/speed/specialty until im a death warrior ;)

Initial impressions of awesomenauts is meh...but I read that it gets better as you level. Seems a bit too simple but I'll give it another shot today

[quote name='Velo214']hit me up on psn w awesomenauts in the title if you wanna get the online trophy for inviting a friend or whatev. i dont even mess with the super powers and just upgrade my attack power/speed/specialty until im a death warrior ;)[/QUOTE]

I've only played as the cowboy guy so far, but I do the same thing. A lot of focus on increasing my power bar, energy regeneration, attack power, and speed (they did a good job of making speed a super important attribute in the game).

After a few games I realized how important it is to NOT DIE because it gives the player that kills you a huge boost. So making sure I have enough health and that it regenerates was my first focus.

yeah or hold r1 whenev to get full health and go straight to upgrade screen but teleports you back to base and it needs some charge time(without getting hit interupted)
attack speed is also great when you have random increases like % chance of critical is better with more hits per second, der.
yeah and if you keep dieing your spawn takes longer and longer and you lose out on solar during the spawn loading timer. yep

Actually, its not because you die too often. As you collect solar (100 per level), your respawn timer is based on what your level is.

It'd be pretty unfair to have a level 30 guy respawning every 5 seconds lol.

Thats why its so important to hit and run, and try not to die, otherwise your team might literally have no players guarding for upwards of 20 seconds.

Also if you think Leon is overpowered, wait until you run into Crunk+Voltar combo's. So damn hard to kill without either a good teammate or one-shotting Voltar before he runs

yeah leon isnt too tough even tho he hits hard and fast he has so low life usually.
i fought this massive crunk earlier who had been eating everyone and his life bar was super huge and he would explode all over the place and constant eat us, it totally sucked. he was a giant tank.

Decided to jump on the PS+ bandwagon. Had to try out Awesomenauts and needed the discount on Hot Shots. The service is already paying for itself :).

For 15 bucks this year of ps+ has been a steal. Just played 2 hours of Awesomenauts, very cool and really fun. Definitely has the "just one more game" feel.

Payed $10 for awesomenaughts.

Many nights of intoxicated co-op in my future.

I recommend for anyone with splitscreen.

[quote name='Vinny']Is Trine 2 worth it if you don't plan on playing it MP?[/QUOTE]

Totally. I never bothered with MP and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Yes, great month this month with Awesomenauts, Rock of Ages, and Trine 2 for free, plus there was some mention of discounts coming at the end of the month.

[quote name='TheNeck']Hey guys, i was thinking about signing up for PS+ pretty soon, is it worth it? Just wanted everybody's own opinion. thanks[/QUOTE]

I think looking at all the free games this month (Trine 2, Castlevania, Awesomenauts, Rock Of Ages) should give you an idea of what it is worth. While some of us have gotten a discount on membership (I paid $40 for mine.), it is well worth the $50/year for the free games. On top of that, you get cloud saves and discounts on games.

Just make sure you time your registration with something you want to get maximum value.

A lot of people think the $4.16/month (full price) is worth it for auto downloads of updates/demos/etc and cloud saves. I agree, but with the knowledge that I also get some free games that I wouldnt otherwise try or would pay more for.

[quote name='TheNeck']Hey guys, i was thinking about signing up for PS+ pretty soon, is it worth it? Just wanted everybody's own opinion. thanks[/QUOTE]

Quick answer is ABSOLUTELY YES.

Long answer is go look up what they've been offering the last several months, crunch the math and see if it's worth it to you.

To see what was recently offered, go here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

You'll wonder why you pay for XBL after having PSN+.
You'll certainly get more content for your money.

This is a really great time to sign up for PS+, actually. I was highly skeptical at first, but once the great offers started coming, I signed up and have been really pleased with the value I get from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back