PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...orrow-san-francisco-community-event-thursday/

Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15:

PixelJunk Eden - $1
PixelJunk Monsters - $1
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe - PSP (Vita on May 15) - $5
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - $1
PixelJunk Shooter - $1
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - $5
PixelJunk Sidescroller - $5[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I never did finish PJ Shooter, which I got with my current PS3 that I got from Amazon. But for $5 I'll pick up the second one for something to putz around in whenever I get done with Trine 2 from PS+.

Nice to get the rest of the PJ games i don't have. The best is only $1 for each one.
I think the shooter series is excellent so its will be nice to play the others.

[quote name='AoA']Wowzers! What great prices! I want to spend a dollar on each of those games but I already have them all. Please oh please make the expansions be on sale too.

I think I'll get Monsters for the PSP though.

And I thought Eden was great at full price. I loved it so much, I would buy it again for a dollar if I could.[/QUOTE]
https://twitter.com/#!/dylancuthbert/status/199640538054537217

No, it's just for the games themselves.

[quote name='Zonic505']Hot damn at the Pixeljunk sale. Already got Sidescroller when it was on sale for 1/2 off, but gonna get Eden (a shame Encore isn't gonna be discounted), probably Racers (anyone wanna vouch for that?), Shooter, & Shooter 2. $8 for 4 PSN games is a pretty awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Racers was my favorite of all the PJ games. Good times with friends and working my way up the leaderboard. My list goes like this:

Racers
Monsters
SideScroller
Shooter 1
Eden

Haven't played Shooter 2.

I'm probably the only person who would rank them like this.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Probably, but trophies CAN act as added encouragement to further explore games. They can for me, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Oh, for sure, I agree. I'm just saying that they shouldn't limit your exploration of games either, especially if you want to explore them. You can get the Trine 2 plat by chapter 7. It's entirely up to you if you want to finish the game.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Whats so bad about Pixel Junk Eden?!? I mean, for $1 I'm gonna buy it, but I was curios about the thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

I actually really liked Eden but getting 100% trophies is really tough.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Whats so bad about Pixel Junk Eden?!? I mean, for $1 I'm gonna buy it, but I was curios about the thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

My big gripes about it are that the controls aren't perfect, and the entire game is platforming upwards, and you have a time limit on each level. So a couple big falls and you start all the way back at the bottom, and you then have to collect more time and then start all the way upward again. It did nothing but frustrate and bore me.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh, for sure, I agree. I'm just saying that they shouldn't limit your exploration of games either, especially if you want to explore them. You can get the Trine 2 plat by chapter 7. It's entirely up to you if you want to finish the game.[/QUOTE]

And I agree with you, my personal motivation to further explore the world just wasn't quite high enough. I think with trophies it would have pushed me over the edge.

And in re-reading what I originally typed, I probably shouldn't have used it a negative critique of the game. Rather, I should have just noted that it is a personal pet peeve of mine when trophies are implemented in that way.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I can honestly say that I don't recommend PixelJunk Eden for $1.

Monsters, 2nd Lap, and Shooter 1 are all no-brainers for $1 (although I'm not the biggest fan of the Shooter series either). I'd recommend Sidescroller for $5 as well, that's what I paid for it and had a good but brief time with it.

Probably, but trophies CAN act as added encouragement to further explore games. They can for me, anyway.[/QUOTE]

HUH.... and Eden is the only one I actually like.

[quote name='JJSP']I've never played ANY of the PJ games. Tempted to get them all.[/QUOTE]

I have ALL the PJ shooters and enjoyed them a lot.

If you have any interest in the PJ games this is a great sale and worth the purchase.

I will be be getting PJ Eden & PJ racer since those are the ones I'm missing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Upcoming Deals

PS3
PixelJunk Eden - $1 - Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15
PixelJunk Monsters - $1 - Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap - $1 - Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15
PixelJunk Shooter - $1 - Begins 5/8, Ends 5/15
[/QUOTE]
I have never played any pixeljunk game, but for $1 I'm willing to give them a try. I'm leaning toward buying pixeljunk eden, don't know about the other 3 yet. Any suggestions?

Edit: Lol I just realize the posts above mines are all discussing about pixeljunk, thats what I get for reading the OP only. >.<

Edit2: After watching some videos and reviews of the games. I think PixelJunk Shooter is more of what I want to play instead of Eden.

Great PixelJunk sale.

I think I'm actually going to wait for Eden to go on sale on Steam. My reasoning: the Steam version comes with the Encore expansion. Even with the $1 PSN sale, if I want the full game it's going to cost $7. Hopefully Q Games is down with the Steam Summer Sale.

I spent many frustrated hours getting 100% on Pixel Junk Eden. Game is controller smashingly hard to complete. I'm not a masochistic gamer at all, but that game taunted me until I got all the trophies. I never picked up the Encore, and am glad to use the excuse "not on sale" to keep me from trying it.

Loved Shooter, couldnt get into shooter 2 for some reason, even though it is basically the same game, and Monsters is your above average tower defense game with hard trophies.

Will pick up 2nd lap for a buck. Thanks OP!

I just finished Trine 2 about a half hour ago. It was as good as(if not better than) the first game. But man oh man talk about lucking out on finishing off the last boss. I got in the last hit required to get rid of him after about 5+ continues.:whistle2:#

[quote name='tylerh1701']And I agree with you, my personal motivation to further explore the world just wasn't quite high enough. I think with trophies it would have pushed me over the edge.

And in re-reading what I originally typed, I probably shouldn't have used it a negative critique of the game. Rather, I should have just noted that it is a personal pet peeve of mine when trophies are implemented in that way.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I get what you sayin. For me, it depends on how much I like the game. For example, with Rayman Origins, I thought I was going to like it so much that I would go for 350 Lums in every level which gives you a medal in-game, but no trophy. It turns out, the game really annoyed me so I said screw that and moved on.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I spent many frustrated hours getting 100% on Pixel Junk Eden. Game is controller smashingly hard to complete. I'm not a masochistic gamer at all, but that game taunted me until I got all the trophies. I never picked up the Encore, and am glad to use the excuse "not on sale" to keep me from trying it.[/QUOTE]

Haha, good thing you didn't get Encore then, cause Encore was waaay harder.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Okay, I get what you sayin. For me, it depends on how much I like the game. For example, with Rayman Origins, I thought I was going to like it so much that I would go for 350 Lums in every level which gives you a medal in-game, but no trophy. It turns out, the game really annoyed me so I said screw that and moved on[/QUOTE]
I too started out wanting to 100% every level in Rayman, but some of the portions of some of the levels were just :bomb::bomb::bomb:.

So I too gave up after a while.

[quote name='tylerh1701']My big gripes about it are that the controls aren't perfect, and the entire game is platforming upwards, and you have a time limit on each level. So a couple big falls and you start all the way back at the bottom, and you then have to collect more time and then start all the way upward again. It did nothing but frustrate and bore me.[/QUOTE]
The controls take time to get used to them, but once I got the rhythm of the platforming down, it was a lot of fun.

I'm not sure how far you got, but about halfway through the game, the levels start getting really interesting with how they change up the gameplay. Here are some of my recordings with the in-game tools (spoilers for those that want to go in fresh):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbssLx4q-7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr-lP8oHn4w

Wow, I must look like a heathen but I never played any of the Pixeljunk games, mostly due to my pile of shame and all. But I still have some PSN credit loafing about so I may have to scoop up some of these gems. Never would have thought I would see a sale like this on a console.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The controls take time to get used to them, but once I got the rhythm of the platforming down, it was a lot of fun.

I'm not sure how far you got, but about halfway through the game, the levels start getting really interesting with how they change up the gameplay. Here are some of my recordings with the in-game tools (spoilers for those that want to go in fresh):[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never made it that far, nice to see that there are some gameplay changes. However, just watching that reminds me of how frustrating I found that game to be.

[quote name='JohnDM']Wow, I must look like a heathen but I never played any of the Pixeljunk games, mostly due to my pile of shame and all. But I still have some PSN credit loafing about so I may have to scoop up some of these gems. Never would have thought I would see a sale like this on a console.[/QUOTE]

PSN can surprise ya sometimes. I remember scoring Uno and Tank Battles for $1, and the Penny Arcade bundle for $3. But ya, these PJ deals feel a lot more like PC sales than console ones.

Great thoughts, Tyler, and I pretty much felt the exact same way with Eden regarding the controls and daunting vertical platforming. A couple of plays with it were enough for me. That being said, I can't believe these are going on sale for $1! I would pretty much buy any PSN game for $1 but for some of the more original titles on PSN? If you don't already have these it's a no-brainer. Sadly (or not as I've had the privilege to play them already), I already do have all of them.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Wow you sound like a douche. You really just said that if you feel like your teammates arent up to par you will quit the match and leave them to lose worse. What a shmuck

Your like the video game equivalent of Lebron James. Maybe very skilled but lacking in all the qualities to win against difficult odds. So you have to align yourself with other proven winners with better leadership qualities to be successful.[/QUOTE]
Sounds to me like he just wants teammates worth a shit so that when he plays hard, he has skilled players playing hard to back him up. What's the problem again?

I was playng Awesomenauts last night and I entered a match in progress. When I started my team already had one of our own turrets destroyed and another half dead. But I stayed anyway - winning isn't everything.

Actually, the players I was playing with and against weren't all that great, so I was dominating the match. We got all the way to the other team's base and I was lighting it up (using Lonestar and throwing 3 dynamites - best way I've found so far to take out turrets and bases by myself).

And then.... my controller died. I ended up at 13/2 and my team lost. I don't care about winning and losing that much, but losing like that after a glorious comeback really got me down.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is why I'm glad I sit about 3-4 feet from my PS3, so I can just plug in my controller when it needs to recharge after getting low.[/QUOTE]

That's cool but I feel for your eyes if it's anything over about a 32" screen.

[quote name='gubmccargen']That's cool but I feel for your eyes if it's anything over about a 32" screen.[/QUOTE]
It's exactly a 32" screen. Mind ya, I used to play my old Atari when I was a kid sitting Indian style right in front of the lil 13" B&W tv I used to play that on. Most times that was the only light on in the room while I played too.

I also used to play my PS1 and PS2 systems while sitting on my bed about 3 feet from my 20" SDtv.

So if anything it's like a tradition.:razz:

Quick question: is there any reason to get the PS3 version of PixelJunk Monsters if I plan on buying the UMD version? All I can imagine is trophies and HD support.

Otherwise I gotta think about whether I want to get all of these or not. A game like Racers I wouldn't get without the PixelJunk name attached, but then again since it's from the same studio it may be fun to analyze their style and influence.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Love it. My first TV was about a 13" B&W myself. We were lucky to have about a 19" color by the time we got our 2600.[/QUOTE]
I was actually playing my PS3 on my 20" SDtv I have up in my room for the longest time till I nabbed a 21" HD monitor from Target for cheap. Now that I've switched to a 32" HDtv I don't think I'd ever go back.;) This coming from someone who always said they thought HD was not worth it.:whistle2:#

Love both Shooter games as well as Monster. Highly recommend them, especially for those sale prices. Looks like I'll be picking up Eden, Racer & Side Shooter at those prices. Thanks OP.

So Monsters Deluxe won't be available for the Vita until 5/15, correct? Can you still get it for $5 that day only?

[quote name='nitman99']Quick question: is there any reason to get the PS3 version of PixelJunk Monsters if I plan on buying the UMD version? All I can imagine is trophies and HD support.

Otherwise I gotta think about whether I want to get all of these or not. A game like Racers I wouldn't get without the PixelJunk name attached, but then again since it's from the same studio it may be fun to analyze their style and influence.[/QUOTE]
The PS3 version has a Trophy challenge mode, HD, and local co-op since I'm betting that next to nobody is trying to play Monsters Deluxe online nowadays. Deluxe adds the Encore island, a completely new island, and rebalances it all like they were all made at the same time.

[quote name='nitman99']Quick question: is there any reason to get the PS3 version of PixelJunk Monsters if I plan on buying the UMD version? All I can imagine is trophies and HD support.

Otherwise I gotta think about whether I want to get all of these or not. A game like Racers I wouldn't get without the PixelJunk name attached, but then again since it's from the same studio it may be fun to analyze their style and influence.[/QUOTE]

I can think of a few reasons to still get the PS3 version of monsters. a) It's $1!!!! b) Couch co op is where this game truly shines. My wife (who hates video games) has put hours and hours into this with me. It is plain addictive and really satisfying when you work together to rainbow a particularly hard stage. c) The visuals are better on PS3 (obviously), but more importantly you can see the entire map at all times. On the psp version the camera is zoomed in on your character a little bit, which isn't a huge hindrance, but it can be annoying and cause some trouble. d) It's $1!!!!

As for Racers, I think you will be surprised at how fun it is. It is much more than a slot car racer. Well worth it for $1.

Same goes for Eden. Really you would be crazy to not pick up all of the $1 titles you don't own. Q games have done such a great job with all of them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was actually playing my PS3 on my 20" SDtv I have up in my room for the longest time till I nabbed a 21" HD monitor from Target for cheap. Now that I've switched to a 32" HDtv I don't think I'd ever go back.;) This coming from someone who always said they thought HD was not worth it.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way. I was playing my PS3 on my old 26in SDtv. It had no ports so I had to use a VCR to connect my games. I love my new 32in HDtv. Everything looks so much better.

I'm also thinking about getting all of the $1 games because I never play any of the PJ games.

[quote name='Birbo']Love both Shooter games as well as Monster. Highly recommend them, especially for those sale prices. Looks like I'll be picking up Eden, Racer & Side Shooter at those prices. Thanks OP.

So Monsters Deluxe won't be available for the Vita until 5/15, correct? Can you still get it for $5 that day only?[/QUOTE]
Just buy it today when it's on sale and then download it to your Vita on the 15th.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just buy it today when it's on sale and then download it to your Vita on the 15th.[/QUOTE]

Not for me, but for a friend who just bought a Vita and doesn't own a PS3.

[quote name='Birbo']Not for me, but for a friend who just bought a Vita and doesn't own a PS3.[/QUOTE]
He can use Media Go to buy it from the PSP's store and then download it on his system on the 15th.

The PJ sale is for everybody, right? I ask because I just looked under the normal PSN games section and none of the sale prices are active yet.:bomb:

The one time I wanna buy shit and Sony is slower that hell updating.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The PJ sale is for everybody, right? I ask because I just looked under the normal PSN games section and none of the sale prices are active yet.:bomb:

The one time I wanna buy shit and Sony is slower that hell updating.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Has the store ever updated this early in the day?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The PJ sale is for everybody, right? I ask because I just looked under the normal PSN games section and none of the sale prices are active yet.:bomb:

The one time I wanna buy shit and Sony is slower that hell updating.:roll:[/QUOTE]

It is ridiculously early for a store update, it probably won't happen for another 6-7 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back