PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Sony have anywhere to request digital bundle/packs?

I would love Sony to bundle Locoroco 2 and Locoroco Midnight Carinval together
I would also like a Patapon 2 and 3 bundle.
Lastly I would like Capcom to bundle X maverick hunter and MegaMan powered Up.

I only own a Vita, so these have to be digital.

[quote name='schnoo']Does Sony have anywhere to request digital bundle/packs?

I only own a Vita, so these have to be digital.[/QUOTE]

I want to know why the Hot Shots dual pack isn't available on PSN while the other first party retail dual packs are

[quote name='eXiON']fuck I remember I owned that game when I was like 7.. I'm seeing used ones go for $60.. If only I hadn't sold my PS1 with all my good classic games. (Sold my entire collection (besides FF games and Ehrgeiz) for like freaking $200 way back in 2000).[/QUOTE]
You and me both. Although I didn't have very many games that ended up as HTF/'rare' I had taken care of everything I owned and at least most of the games I owned were complete and mint. I cringe at thinking about what possibly happened to all of my complete and minty copies of games that I've only ever been able to find disc only/scratched to shit when I've tried rebuying them.:cry::whistle2:&

[quote name='schnoo']Does Sony have anywhere to request digital bundle/packs?

I only own a Vita, so these have to be digital.[/QUOTE]

Powered Up will, sadly, never be on PSN due to the way it's coded.

Somehow the Japanese version doesn't have any problem running digitally.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's cool, I'll probably back them now. You have to own the actual Pinball Arcade game to be able to access these tables on PS3 (once they're out), right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's DLC for the main game. If you have the XBLA version, they're offering the DLC there, as well.

[quote name='buckythekat']I want to know why the Hot Shots dual pack isn't available on PSN while the other first party retail dual packs are[/QUOTE]

I would assume because Hot Shots Golf International is fairly new, and they would rather you spring for that. Which btw can be had for a 20 spot at walmart, and worth every penny, really enjoying the game!

[quote name='RiPPn']I would assume because Hot Shots Golf International is fairly new, and they would rather you spring for that. Which btw can be had for a 20 spot at walmart, and worth every penny, really enjoying the game![/QUOTE]

what are you talking about? the dual pack is Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee & Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip

[quote name='buckythekat']what are you talking about? the dual pack is Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee & Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip[/QUOTE]

If you have a better reason offer it up, don't attack me for my opinion, last I checked hot shots golf is still offered up in that pack so I don't see how my point isn't valid.

[quote name='RiPPn']If you have a better reason offer it up, don't attack me for my opinion, last I checked hot shots golf is still offered up in that pack so I don't see how my point isn't valid.[/QUOTE]

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational has nothing to do with what I was talking about

it's not part of the dual pack so thereby has no impact on the dual pack being on PSN or not

[quote name='buckythekat']Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational has nothing to do with what I was talking about

it's not part of the dual pack so thereby has no impact on the dual pack being on PSN or not[/QUOTE]

His point is that Sony would likely prefer you buy HSG: World Invitational than the dual pack.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']His point is that Sony would likely prefer you buy HSG: World Invitational than the dual pack.[/QUOTE]
They would've taken them down or not be adding them to the Vita store next Tuesday if they cared that much.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']His point is that Sony would likely prefer you buy HSG: World Invitational than the dual pack.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have tennis, only reason I want the dual pack is it's cheaper than Hot Shots Tennis by itself

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They would've taken them down or not be adding them to the Vita store next Tuesday if they cared that much.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was a good point.

[quote name='buckythekat']It doesn't have tennis, only reason I want the dual pack is it's cheaper than Hot Shots Tennis by itself[/QUOTE]

Once again, not the point he was making.

who would buy the penthouse girls for saints row they just released? i beat the game and I gotta say that I only called a few NPCs to jump into combat and it was only for fun to see what they did.

they were basically useless and the game itself begs you to get bored of it, with your max level and full upgrade invincibility to the fact that there is hardly anything to do outside of missions in the city, besides kill a few gang members or cops and make them mad.

i wanted to play with the zombie island a bit more but it was incredibly boring when I went back there.

not to mention the DLC missions were 30 minute adventures...

Totally buying Tomba! to support them in their endeavors! Hopefully we'll get Tomba! 2 at some point, and if there's enough interest a sequel!

One of the best games most people have never played/heard of. A true sense of discovery/exploration (to the point of being sometimes frustrating). The complete opposite of the handholding linearity of most of today's games.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Powered Up will, sadly, never be on PSN due to the way it's coded.

Somehow the Japanese version doesn't have any problem running digitally.[/QUOTE]

I did not know that about Powered Up! I always wondered the reason for not being on PSN.

I'm guessing this is the same reason Lumines I and II weren't available on the PSN as well.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
I'm guessing this is the same reason Lumines I and II weren't available on the PSN as well.[/QUOTE]

Lumines wasn't available because some of the music had to be relicensed for a digital distribution version.

[quote name='Jon7']Lumines wasn't available because some of the music had to be relicensed for a digital distribution version.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense too! Still hoping for more dual packs to be released.

Thanks for having my back. :cool: And yeah my point wasn't that good, just the first thing that came to mind when he asked why.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Totally buying Tomba! to support them in their endeavors! Hopefully we'll get Tomba! 2 at some point, and if there's enough interest a sequel!

One of the best games most people have never played/heard of. A true sense of discovery/exploration (to the point of being sometimes frustrating). The complete opposite of the handholding linearity of most of today's games.[/QUOTE]Agreed. I played the demo for it a looooong time ago (perhaps one of the longest demos I ever played) & really wanted to get the game, but never could find it. I really hope the game does well on PSN so Monkey Paw can add the sequel to there. Slightly disappointed it's $10 instead of $6, but I'll still support them. Now if Sony can just get the Vita to play PSOne Classics, I can have it on the go.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']who would buy the penthouse girls for saints row they just released? i beat the game and I gotta say that I only called a few NPCs to jump into combat and it was only for fun to see what they did.

they were basically useless and the game itself begs you to get bored of it, with your max level and full upgrade invincibility to the fact that there is hardly anything to do outside of missions in the city, besides kill a few gang members or cops and make them mad.

i wanted to play with the zombie island a bit more but it was incredibly boring when I went back there.

not to mention the DLC missions were 30 minute adventures...[/QUOTE]

hmmm...thats one of the first negative critiques I've heard about SR3

[quote name='tylerh1701']hmmm...thats one of the first negative critiques I've heard about SR3[/QUOTE]

Actually a lot of people have been complaining about the Saints Row 3 DLC. It's all essentially useless if you've already finished the game, because at that point you are literally invulnerable and don't need the help.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Is the Mortal Kombat Ultimate Edition is the same as the Komplete Edition that just came out with all the costumes?[/QUOTE]

Yes, besides that it doesn't come with the soundtrack or movie. When you are downloading it it says it's the Komplete Edition and it has all the classic costumes and the 4 dlc characters.

I also posted this in the Other Deals & Requests section, as I didn't know where to really put this.

If you're on PS+, you can currently get a free download of the PlayMemories Studio software that allows you to edit and rip your photos/videos to your PSP or other enabled devices.

Here's the link for the free download for those NOT on PS+ but with a Sony camcorder or digital camera that they can connect to their PC/MAC via USB to qualify for the code for a free download.

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-studio/pc/pms01en.html

Normally this software is $14.99. It's located under the Apps For PS3 section of the store.

[quote name='tylerh1701']hmmm...thats one of the first negative critiques I've heard about SR3[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the game, had some fun with it.... but there wasn't enough to do for an open ended game... and all of the extra DLC just made such an easy game easier. I even played on the hardest difficulty when there was no bonus reward or even a measily trophy to do so.

Not to mention they removed competitive multiplayer from this one... claiming they used the time to make the game itself fuller, yet there was more to do in SR2.

When you buy all the upgrades you can't undo them so you are stuck being 100% immune to everything but melee damage, basically god mode.

The-future-of-Plus.jpg

It's true!!!!

This is the first E3 I've actually been looking forward to. I want to see what happens to PS+ and I'm almost positive they'll announce PS1 support for the Vita.

^^^Nice catch.

All of a sudden I'm extremely nervous that they're gonna fuck it up. Right now it's a great way to get free and cheap (and awesome) downloadable PSN games. My concern is that they're gonna take it mainstream.

Here is my Theory with either the whole rumor of Sony teaming with OnLive or GaiKai:

Isn't GaiKai mainly a demo only service? I think they are going to offer instant demo gameplay instead of the need to download the game demo. I wouldn't mind doing that on the console sometimes instead of waiting for some game demo to download.

Well, i'm glad my Plus expires in like 2 weeks anyway incase they raise the cost or have a better tier or something.

Either way, i hope they atleast include PSP games as part of the program. (Or Vita games if we are lucky)

Been very happy with PS+ for the last 9 months of my first year sub; plenty of good discounts on games. Picked up Just Cause 2 Ultimate edition for 14.69, yesterday, great deal. And I already bit on two other Ultimate Editions: Motorstorm: Apocalypse and Mortal Kombat Komplete. I've also gotten plenty of good discounted PSP games and minis during my first year. Will most likely re-sub, unless they ruin it somehow. :whistle2:#

[quote name='chimpmeister']Been very happy with PS+ for the last 9 months of my first year sub; plenty of good discounts on games. Picked up Just Cause 2 Ultimate edition for 14.69, yesterday, great deal. And I already bit on two other Ultimate Editions: Motorstorm: Apocalypse and Mortal Kombat Komplete. I've also gotten plenty of good discounted PSP games and minis during my first year. Will most likely re-sub, unless they ruin it somehow. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Surprised you bit on the Motorstorm UE for such a high price. Most all of the extra race packs are available for free on PSN. You are basically paying for the extras that mainly just consist of extra vehicles and skins. If this has been $20 I might have picked it up, but at $35 bucks for an old game with little to no important DLC, that's a rip off.

[quote name='jwk94']
The-future-of-Plus.jpg

It's true!!!![/QUOTE]
Nice find. Only 24 hours away.. glad we don't have to wait until later in the week to find out the details.

[quote name='tylerh1701']All of a sudden I'm extremely nervous that they're gonna fuck it up.[/QUOTE]
Same here. PS+ is already great as it is.

[quote name='gospelman']So would you guys expect it be better to sign up for a 3 month sub now or to wait a couple of days? Or no difference?[/QUOTE]
Awesomenauts is expiring in a few days, and maybe some others. If that's a game that you want, sign up now or you'll miss it. If none of the expiring free games interest you, it'd be better to wait so that you get a couple of days with some other free game(s) in the future (this is all assuming you won't renew).

Good to see the official E3 press conference announcement, but now I'm even more conflicted if I should sign up for a year.

I hope the 20 or so "free" games ending isn't the writing on the wall, otherwise I don't know if I want PS+. If the free games are no longer going to continue, I don't really know if I want PS+.

Then again, if I wait until after the conference, I don't know if I will still have time to sign up and download the free games. Knowing Sony, they could lock the service or remove the free games a few hours early.

They're not expiring because they're getting rid of them. They're expiring because it's the end of the month and a new set of games will be added with Tuesday's update.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah platted sr3. really liked it but sr2 is the better game. glad i have that saved on my ps3. zombie island was one mission. eh[/QUOTE]
Zombie Island is pretty fun to go back to at times and just bring some homies with you for cannon fodder. Then again, after you're all upgraded, the worst the zombies can do is grab onto you and force you to do that little stick shaking thing to get loose.

I think I took the free Cheapy D homie there once or twice with me. He basically ended up being zombie chow in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back