PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decided to buy a game first day, that's your fault. That was your decision, accept it. There is nothing for you to do. I bought Infamous 2 day one and when I heard it was going for free, I shrugged and said oh well. You win some, you lose some. Hell, I even bought Just Cause 2 day one and I'm not mad. I'm not crazy about these free games though, don't think it's a great selection besides getting VF5FS for free but whatever. I still like being a Plus member, almost more than being a Live member.

Just have to accept it, if you're a fan of that game, stick to your guns and buy it. If it goes for free almost a year later or in a couple of months and the value is like 30 to 20 bucks and it ends up being free, who the fuck cares. It was your decision to get the game day one.

I'm still hoping that God of War Sparta goes free some day or for real cheap, that's the only GOW I haven't played yet.

Only thing that was messed up was the people buying the games that were on sale last week like Infamous 2 and Just Cause 2. That was a bad move on Sony but complaining about a game you bought day one or cheap a few months back or etc. then you need to shut up.

Like I said, it be wise to download it tomorrow morning if you don't have work or anything like that. It'll go way faster than right now, everyone has beast mode on right now. Everyone is going hard lol.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Slightly off-topic, but is there any way to force your PS3 to continue downloading games while you're playing an online game? All of my downloads are paused whenever I play any game that has online multiplayer functionality, such as LittleBigPlanet 2 (in LBP2's case, this occurs even when playing single-player and setting all multiplayer options to auto-reject).[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat. I think it just the game tbh I play assassin creed 2 earlier today and no background download but uncharted 3 will background download at least in the single player. Weird the one with multiplayer allowed it and the one without it didn't.

i might get blasted for this, but unless im trading in to amazon, i give gamestop and bestbuy disk only if im exchanging for the digital copy.
i have a shelf of saints row 2, rfg, infamous 1 (and 2 now), burnout paradise, etc of games that i have 'digital' or in my dl list on my ps3. just so i remember what games i have. i mean this doesnt work on 'psn only games' but for all my retail games that i owned and flipped i keep the manuals/cases/etc so i remember i own them. lol

sorry to all the haters that hate getting generic cases etc . peace all

[quote name='gldoorii']I'm a PS+ subscriber and I saw that the Sly Cooper games are on sale and I'd like to get them. I can purchase the 2nd and 3rd, but the 1st one was a free game for PS+ subscribers, which means I have it on my PS3...but obviously once my subscription is over I won't have it anymore. I'd like to take advantage of the sale and just buy the game, but even if I delete the game from my PS3 and go back to it in the store it only gives me the option to redownload it since I still have a subscription. This sale will end before my subscription does...so how do I purchase it for the sale price? I've also seen other games over the past few months such as the PS1 Resident Evil series on sale at $2.99 each, but PS+ gave them to us for free prior to the sale....so I was unable to purchase them at the cheaper price because I couldn't figure out how.

Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

sony didn't think people would want to pay for games they could get for free

if somebody was willing to buy a game on day 1, i would think they really wanted that game and thought it would be worth $60 to play it as soon as possible

so how do you complain about that game being free a year and a half after it came out?

[quote name='Barry Burton']if somebody was willing to buy a game on day 1, i would think they really wanted that game and thought it would be worth $60 to play it as soon as possible

so how do you complain about that game being free a year and a half after it came out?[/QUOTE]

Because I was making fun of the people whining about buying Infamous 2 or Just Cause 2.

I bought retail copies of most these games. My only problem now is trying to unload these physical copies. And i need a bigger hard drive. Any deals on 1 terabytes?

Just cause 2 is so awesome i am glad i bought the complete edition. They gave the vanilla out free or the ultimate? I had saints row 2 already but i am pumped to play most of those game. The zombie one looks kinda weak as does the helicopter one but all in all a free infamous 2 would have been enough to satisfy me after getting trine 2 and shank 2 free recently. Just cause 2 makes gta 4 look like poo imo.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because I was making fun of the people whining about buying Infamous 2 or Just Cause 2.[/QUOTE]

I bought JC2 on Sunday, haven't even d-loaded it yet, so I feel a bit chapped by Sony - not because I just bought something that I could have got for free 2 days later, but because of Sony's marketing on all of these bundles. It was very shady to offer these excellent deals knowing that they were going to offer many of the games for free to PS+ subscribers.

My thought is that they knew that once they announced the new free games, they knew they would not sell as many of the games, so they made a push for revenue before the announcement. Then, I would think that with such a sweet package of free games, they are going to hook a good number of new PS+ subscribers.

All that being said, I won't complain about the new free games, even though I just bought into PS+ and JC2 on Sunday. I felt they were both worth the cost when I bought them, and the free PS+ game package would not be any better without JC2 in it. So, good business model for Sony to get you to cash in, perhaps twice, for the same content, but once again, I feel like I just ate an ass sandwich.

If you're PS+, you could've waited on ALL purchases to see what was announced at E3 once the rumors started swirling and then made purchases accordingly Monday night/Tuesday morning.

[quote name='Barry Burton']if somebody was willing to buy a game on day 1, i would think they really wanted that game and thought it would be worth $60 to play it as soon as possible

so how do you complain about that game being free a year and a half after it came out?[/QUOTE]
Winner! Things going on sale is the very premise that this site was founded on.

Ah boo. If I had known that the offers on Trine 2 and Castlevania ended this afternoon I would have left work to sign up for ps+ and add them to my download queue.

I don't get why people are mad. I see it as buying one or two game bundles that I get to keep forever and suddenly Sony told me they are giving me 10-11 games for FREE as long as I am PS+. They didn't screw you over, you just got buyer's remorse, you were obviously happy with the value proposition when you paid for the game bundle.

What the hell happened to my free Rock of Ages until July 5th offer??? I guess that'll teach me that I had better to download it when the offer is up there...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sure thing.;) I never turn down free shit.:razz: Like I said, if I got in on the $15 Target error I might be singing a different tune, but $50 a year isn't my idea of a good deal.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Your persona = rain on everyone's parade, constantly. I wish somebody would just give you a hug, because at least based on your presence on this site, you sorely need one.

This is an incredible, incredible giveaway today.

Then again, i've had and loved ps+ since it launched, and also grabbed several of those $15 year cards, so i'm set for the next few years.

[quote name='xgpsun628']anyone else regreting getting the 120 gb model now? I know I am...[/QUOTE]

buy a 500 gig drive from newegg. easy to install.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']What the hell happened to my free Rock of Ages until July 5th offer??? I guess that'll teach me that I had better to download it when the offer is up there...[/QUOTE]

I've only had ps+ for about 5 hours now but I think you can still download it as long as it's in your downloads list (aka you checked out but didn't dl)

[quote name='affa']buy a 500 gig drive from newegg. easy to install.[/QUOTE]
I suggest people to download 1 or 2 games, finish them and delete them if you don't have the money for a new hard drive. Its not like you can play all 12 games at once... This also gives those with bandwidth caps some breathing room.

I just checked PS store and i was like DAMNNNN!!! I would probably be backflipping by now if i have not played I2, LBP2 (still own the disc of both) and Guardian of light.

[quote name='htz']I don't get why people are mad. I see it as buying one or two game bundles that I get to keep forever and suddenly Sony told me they are giving me 10-11 games for FREE as long as I am PS+. They didn't screw you over, you just got buyer's remorse, you were obviously happy with the value proposition when you paid for the game bundle.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this sentiment. Having been I PS+ subscriber from the beginning I am glad the did not pull a Microsoft and simply give out the free games to new subscribers or something along those lines. That's one of my beef with XBL Gold, you get very little of the goodies for being a loyal subscriber. Some may dismiss that as "fanboy" talk but I've been a subscriber to both PS+ & XBL Gold for a very long time and it's true IMO. So, if I already own a couple of these games so be it, at least the offer is available to me...

[quote name='htz']I suggest people to download 1 or 2 games, finish them and delete them if you don't have the money for a new hard drive. Its not like you can play all 12 games at once... This also gives those with bandwidth caps some breathing room.[/QUOTE]

I had to do that with steam.

If the OP is still keen on installing a new hd it's 5 screws and unsnapping a cover. It takes like 10 minutes. Backing up your saves can take a while depending on your external hd or flash drive (14gb took 49 minutes for me + another 30 to restore after the upgrade).

[quote name='aus_nacht']I've only had ps+ for about 5 hours now but I think you can still download it as long as it's in your downloads list (aka you checked out but didn't dl)[/QUOTE]

You def. can, but unfortunately I did not thow it into the checkout cart when the offer was up, mainly because it said it was going to up til 7/5. But I can't complain really I suppose, after all 5 free games I don't have is far better than 1.

[quote name='htz']I suggest people to download 1 or 2 games, finish them and delete them if you don't have the money for a new hard drive. Its not like you can play all 12 games at once... This also gives those with bandwidth caps some breathing room.[/QUOTE]
In my case it's not about having the money for a new HD. It's these damn HD manufactures still gouging prices on HD's. Kinda sucks too because I really wanted to replace my HD since December :lol:.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Just cause 2 makes gta 4 look like poo imo.[/QUOTE]
That it does. But some of my friends still play GTA IV's mp(free mode), so I still play at times(like right now).

But in JC2 there's some spots that aren't that nice to look at. Case in point towards the top of the mountains, where there's big blocks where you can see they cut/pasted the snow or whatever texture onto the ground.

I actually hadn't known that the ps3's hdd was upgradable. I'm looking into it now, good call guys!

I had planned on just deleting sequels and minis games, since all the games are great and new to me.

Another HDD space saving trick is to use Media Go (it's free) on your PC for all your PSP downloads. I switched to that about a month ago and cleared out like 40 gigs from my PS3 hard drive just taking out all the PSP software/games I had downloaded over time.

Played about an hour of LBP2, very enjoyable. Also put in about 15 minutes on Choplifter, it wasn't too bad. I didn't realize it was 2D, which I like quite a bit. Apparently the game gets ridiculously difficult though.

[quote name='bboliv']I keep seeing that after some time these 12 new games will join a rotation. How long do these game rotations last? If you have it downloaded, and it goes out of rotation can you still play it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Usually they last two weeks. Although I believe there are some that stay up for alot longer(?). These might be the whole month. There is actually a section of "expiring deals" so you know which ones are in their last week.

Once you have them you can play them indefinitely, so long as you are a PSN+ member. You have to add them to your transaction history, so you have to "buy" them for $0.00. You don't have to download them right away, just make sure you make that transaction so it's added. If the deal expires and you don't do anything, you can't go back and grab them retroactively.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Usually they last two weeks. Although I believe there are some that stay up for alot longer(?). These might be the whole month. There is actually a section of "expiring deals" so you know which ones are in their last week.

Once you have them you can play them indefinitely, so long as you are a PSN+ member. You have to add them to your transaction history, so you have to "buy" them for $0.00. You don't have to download them right away, just make sure you make that transaction so it's added. If the deal expires and you don't do anything, you can't go back and grab them retroactively.[/QUOTE]
Actually, most games last about a month, though we don't really have an idea how long they'll last with this new initiative.

[quote name='affa']Your persona = rain on everyone's parade, constantly. I wish somebody would just give you a hug, because at least based on your presence on this site, you sorely need one.

This is an incredible, incredible giveaway today.

Then again, i've had and loved ps+ since it launched, and also grabbed several of those $15 year cards, so i'm set for the next few years.[/QUOTE]
I don't really rain on EVERYONE's parade all the time. But if I had bought those $15 PS+ cards I too would be somewhat happy with PS+. After all, that's a cost of only $1.25 a month.

Thanks for the tip about downloads reserving space, Frisky. Deleted a few pending downloads and cleared up some space!

really amazing this month. I have been super impressed with PS+ since I decided to get it a few months back.

I already bought a $20 card for VF5 and they give it to me for free? I feel like buying the character customization packs just to support Sega bringing this game over.

What happened to TOMBA this week??

My hard drive is crying over this. It has 7 gigs left. Just got 11 new games from this months plus. I need a one terabyte drive to handle this sumbitch.

[quote name='RiPPn']You can get PS+ cards on ebay for 35-40 pretty regularly, which is a steal, hell the regular price is a steal.[/QUOTE]
Let me know when you find one for $17 and I'll consider it.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Let me know when you find one for $17 and I'll consider it.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people consider that a "deal". It was a price MISTAKE. A retailer lost money because of it. It can't be replicated.

My ps3's HD failed recently and I had to replace it. This really makes me wish I had of gotten something larger than 500gb now lol.

[quote name='breakfuss']I don't understand why people consider that a "deal". It was a price MISTAKE. A retailer lost money because of it. It can't be replicated.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't saying that's the deal I want, just the price I'd only be willing to pay for the PS+ service for a year.:D

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']What the hell happened to my free Rock of Ages until July 5th offer??? I guess that'll teach me that I had better to download it when the offer is up there...[/QUOTE]

What made you think it'd be up till July 5th? July 5th is a Thursday.

so of these 12 games, are any of their addon DLCs worth it in your opinion? I heard never die alone is a very short game so is the addon a great extender? I think I will be getting the space marine DLC maps, but have always been hoping they would go on sale.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wasn't saying that's the deal I want, just the price I'd only be willing to pay for the PS+ service for a year.:D[/QUOTE]

Troll much? Why are you even commenting on this thread if you despise PS+ so badly. We get it, it's not for you, let's turn the page now. Your not going to convince the rest of us that know this is a great deal even at full price to change our minds, so go away. Oh and your signature is god awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back