PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snake']For what its worth, I got one of those $25 cards off ebay today. The guy just emailed me the code. Worked fine . Can't blame you for being cautious though.[/QUOTE]

I seem to have bought the last one for $25 XD
A damn good deal and I thank you for letting me know XD

Edit: nvm it seems like there are few more out there o_O

I'll never understand the bitching and whining over the limited ownership of PS+ games. You're paying (at most) $50/year to play some big name games as much as you want for that year with new games added monthly. For anyone actually playing their system, that's a new round of games to play at all times (in addition to the discount they offer every week on content as well). A whopping $4/month to rent LBP2, Infamous 2, Saints Row 2, and anything else they add for a year.

[quote name='TimesTicking']I seem to have bought the last one for $25 XD
A damn good deal and I thank you for letting me know XD[/QUOTE]
There are still some with the same price. It might not be the same guy, but I just bought a code and they sent within about 3 minutes of my payment. Worked fine and everything, so I'm definitely happy I checked this thread today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playstation...&otn=2&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=8960826935385834933

[quote name='dabsac80']can't believe the sly cooper sale isn't getting any love in this thread. $4.89 a piece is a great price[/QUOTE]

I got the HD collection on disc from BB for $13 around last holiday season, but I returned it since I just didn't see myself getting around to it. I now have the first game for free from PS+. Sadly, the Sly games still aren't that high on my backlog.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Nope, I got one too! Couldn't pass up on a deal like that. Glad you were able to get one too, especially if my post helped!

I'm excited for PS Plus now. I've gotten Infamous 1 and 2 for free through the network now. xD definitely a good start to the subscription![/QUOTE]

I just bought one too. Wasn't willing to try it for $50 but I'll bite for $25. There are still a few left.

I had bought a 3 month card a little over a month ago to try it out and upload my saves when I upgraded systems to a 320gig. Glad I did now. I'll be picking up a few 1 year cards.

I'm so glad you guys mentioned the $25 deal. I saw it earlier this morning but passed on it from the lack of details and feedback. It just seemed too good to be true. I went back just now and got one and he already sent it to me.

He already has a bunch of feedback now, too, so it looks better. I am already set until July but why not add another year now at that price? I wonder if he got a bunch of the E3 gift codes somehow since that's the fuzzy image he's using?

Also, I thought the Sly deals were great. I was waiting for a low price on the disc but I'll happily pay $10 for the second two games. I really enjoyed the first after never having played the series.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PS+[/QUOTE]
Everyone needs to go here and turn off the auto renewal.

Couple ps+ questions for you vets. 1. As long as the game image on the playstation store has the little red bag I can download it at any time right? 2. Do I have to keep my ps3 on to finish downloading or will it finish on its own like the Xbox does?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PS+[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D

[quote name='ShockandAww']Everyone needs to go here and turn off the auto renewal.[/QUOTE]

Odd that mine says 'cancel auto renewal' when they don't have my info.

[quote name='backseatdog']:cry: I wish I had an ebay account.[/QUOTE]

Get some kind of prepaid debit card.:) These cards seem to keep popping up.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Would u be able to use and
Stack 2 of those codes the guy is selling on ebay from e3
To get 2 years? Thinkn of buying 2.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but some are thinking there will be some big bonus in a few weeks for the PS+ anniversary(Frisky would know more). You 'could' add 1 now, 1 in a few weeks...if you choose...because of the 'subscribe bonus' others have been mentioning.

[quote name='Darth Indy']Ok, thanks for all the info![/QUOTE]

YW! I shouldn't have said 'big bonus'. I believe they gave Jurassic Park to keep. Not sure if that was on the anniversary, though. Just don't forget the 'use by' date, if you decide to wait for the bonus!

[quote name='MechaGojira']Darn! Saw this, debated whether I needed it, and when I decided I wanted it, I went to check if I had enough funds, and then the items were already sold out by the time I logged in. Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

Dang. YW. You might see more!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Everyone needs to go here and turn off the auto renewal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Hate auto-renewal stuff.

Anyway, glad my post made people aware of the deal. E3 was kind to some of us it would seem. :D

Kinda hard for them to auto-renew when they don't have my credit card information.

After last year's debacle, I don't know why anyone would keep financial information with them.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']YW! I shouldn't have said 'big bonus'. I believe they gave Jurassic Park to keep. Not sure if that was on the anniversary, though. Just don't forget the 'use by' date, if you decide to wait for the bonus!

Dang. YW. You might see more![/QUOTE]

jurassic park was last fall july was 3 free months with a year

[quote name='TheLongshot']Kinda hard for them to auto-renew when they don't have my credit card information.

After last year's debacle, I don't know why anyone would keep financial information with them.[/QUOTE]

I believe someone mentioned funds being removed from their wallet

How comes does Amazon don't sell any PS+ cards? I swear they used to have their own service with those codes. Out of them? I don't trust any other Amazon Affiliates. Amazon does sell Xbox Live subscription through their Amazon Digital services.

[quote name='mebegod']I believe someone mentioned funds being removed from their wallet[/QUOTE]

I don't keep much money in my wallet. I only put stuff in when I want to buy something...

Sorry, I think I may have gotten the last one from that guy. I'm not seeing the link to his anymore.

Also, PS+ codes can't be redeemed online. Lame. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Jacoblee23']When I search for it I only find two on buy it now. One is 39.99, and the other is 49.99. Can someone give me a link to the 30 dollar one please?[/QUOTE]

This fellow has been selling some: http://myworld.ebay.com/wehomijo/&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2754. I don't know whether he has more, but I'd say your best bet is to do a search for playstation plus membership-buy it now and keep hitting "refresh" periodically.

I just snagged a $30 code, but I'm thinking that I may as well wait and activate it in July. Has Sony said which games are being rotated out of the IGC in July? Out of this batch, I'm primarily interested in inFamous 2, LBP2, and Virtua Fighter 5 (I have the vanilla edition on disc and it was the best purchase I made when I acquired my PS3 two years ago).

I just snagged a $30 code about a half hour ago. Who ever started this ebay update on the cheap codes - THANK YOU!!!

[quote name='whitereflection']In the item description, he says he'll e-mail it.[/QUOTE]
Ah alright, I was using the mobile website and I didn't get a chance to see the description. Good buy Jacoblee! I just bought one for $30

I downloaded Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, now I only have 4GB left on my PS3, I try to install it and it says there is not enough free space on the hard disk. How Much free space do I need to install the game? I already downloaded it so I don't understand why I need even more free space.

[quote name='whitereflection']Good deal, but be wary - that guy just sold a card that was already redeemed according to one of his buyers.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't worry about it as you can easily dispute it with ebay, as the seller shouldn't be emailing stuff to buyers. he needs to physically send the item to cover his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back