PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RockMySocks10']I downloaded Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, now I only have 4GB left on my PS3, I try to install it and it says there is not enough free space on the hard disk. How Much free space do I need to install the game? I already downloaded it so I don't understand why I need even more free space.[/QUOTE]
You need an equal amount of space to install games.

[quote name='Bosamba']Snagged one thank you

Edit: Eh, snagged two, 50% off is too good to pass up for the price.[/QUOTE]

hah read your post and screw it i bought one more-so i got 2 as well.

will be my first time as a ps+ sub anyone know if we can share our sub with one more person/ps3-like we can do with other downloadable games

or is this a one ps3 limit thing.

[quote name='youenvy']hah read your post and screw it i bought one more-so i got 2 as well.

will be my first time as a ps+ anyone know if you can share your sub with one more person/ps3[/QUOTE]

You can share it just like any other gamesharing...well the content at least. You can't literally share the subscription.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You need an equal amount of space to install games.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. Didn't you say that when you start a download, it already reserves the space you'll need for it on the hard drive?

[quote name='ProAnon']You can share it just like any other gamesharing...well the content at least. You can't literally share the subscription.[/QUOTE]

thanks a lot for the quick info makes the deal a bit sweeter.

[quote name='Bosamba']Snagged one thank you

Edit: Eh, snagged two, 50% off is too good to pass up for the price.[/QUOTE]

I thought about grabbing a 2nd one, but I'm set til Oct. 2013 now. I think PS+ will still be around then, but the new consoles will be coming out soon after that and I don't play to upgrade to the next gen right away, and I don't know how much PS+ will support PS3 once the new console is out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You need an equal amount of space to install games.[/QUOTE]

Is this true on the Vita as well? I tried but failed to find this information when the system came out. I really want Sony to have learned how annoying this system is and hope it's gone from the next console.

So basically you need double the HDD space (24gb) it says it needs so it can download and install and then only takes up what it says once it's installed (14gb)? Wow, well that is kind of annoying, I'll have to delete a bunch of games and then redownload them lol. Well hopefully this game is good!

In reviews they said it wasn't the best Ratchet and Clank game, but I've never played one (I've been wanting to play one, just never got around to it). The 4 player co-op and 3D are big pluses to me so hopefully it's good! I'll be download to play some multiplayer with any CAGs who'd like to so add me on psn SpaceSpaceSpace.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']So basically you need double the HDD space (24gb) it says it needs so it can download and install and then only takes up what it says once it's installed (14gb)? Wow, well that is kind of annoying, I'll have to delete a bunch of games and then redownload them lol. Well hopefully this game is good!

In reviews they said it wasn't the best Ratchet and Clank game, but I've never played one (I've been wanting to play one, just never got around to it). The 4 player co-op and 3D are big pluses to me so hopefully it's good! I'll be download to play some multiplayer with any CAGs who'd like to so add me on psn SpaceSpaceSpace.[/QUOTE]
Thats no different than what your computer does when you download a file and extract it, you always need double the space.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm confused. Didn't you say that when you start a download, it already reserves the space you'll need for it on the hard drive?[/QUOTE]
For the download, not the install.
[quote name='louiedog']Is this true on the Vita as well? I tried but failed to find this information when the system came out. I really want Sony to have learned how annoying this system is and hope it's gone from the next console.[/QUOTE]
I don't think so.

[quote name='kanamit']Thats no different than what your computer does when you download a file and extract it, you always need double the space.[/QUOTE]

It is different than what other consoles do, though. You download and it's ready to play.

Just read the store update. Two things to note:

This thread is impossible to keep track of. I went back over 20 pages, which is maybe 36 hours of posts.

I can't believe 12 games are free. I own quite a few, as I'm sure a lot of us do. And there are a few others I wanted to buy but was waiting on a deal. I'll checkout with all 12 to have them on my account but only download a few.

I have a serious issue when trying to install inFAMOUS 2 it says at 14 percent data corrupted. Now I called and spoke to an agent then supervisor when basically told me im SOL and we went thru everything we could from router to reset hardware by holding in power and such but it still does it, what more can i do?

[quote name='Samuelc79']How comes does Amazon don't sell any PS+ cards? I swear they used to have their own service with those codes. Out of them? I don't trust any other Amazon Affiliates. Amazon does sell Xbox Live subscription through their Amazon Digital services.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why but they deactivated the item. On top of that I have tried to sell them in Amazon Marketplace and it's a forbidden item. So not sure what Amazon has against plus as they sell regular PSN money cards, strange!

[quote name='Bullwinkle']It is different than what other consoles do, though. You download and it's ready to play.[/QUOTE]
They all install. It's a matter of whether they're transparent about the process.

Was loving Zombie Apocalypse...until chapter 3. It's near impossible with all of those Hulk zombies, talk about a spike in difficulty. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I feel like it's one of those cases where the AI is no help.

[quote name='RiPPn']Not sure why but they deactivated the item. On top of that I have tried to sell them in Amazon Marketplace and it's a forbidden item. So not sure what Amazon has against plus as they sell regular PSN money cards, strange![/QUOTE]

Amazon sells the physical PSN cards but not digital codes. I'm not sure why these were discontinued but it's not just these codes--Amazon used to sell a lot of DLC codes for various PS3 games, especially LBP and Pain, and I can't find any of that in the inventory listings anymore.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']My 25 dollar one year subscription code worked! I highly recommend everyone jump on this!! Stoked![/QUOTE]
Kinda hard to when no one's selling them at 25-30 buy-it-now anymore. =P Unless I'm simply missing the auctions. Did anyone put them back up at this price on ebay?

Thanks for the heads up on the auctions, I just got the last one from one guy that was selling 10 for $25. Just in time too, my subscription was set to auto-renew today.

Yeah, the guy who has been selling dozens of them for $25 just now upped his price to $35. The other guy, wehomijo, sells them for $30 and I bet he'll have more up soon.

Before people start to get confused and ask...Amazon does not sell PSN cards. The cards are available on the site, but are all sold through 3rd party merchants who usually seem to charge around $7 for shipping.

[quote name='Sonne']If I were to activate my code today, does it take effect today, or the date my subscription were to expire?[/QUOTE]

It just bumps your subscription end date up a year, so for example if yours expires August 1st 2012, it will be August 1st 2013 after the code is applied.

[quote name='RiPPn']It just bumps your subscription end date up a year, so for example if yours expires August 1st 2012, it will be August 1st 2013 after the code is applied.[/QUOTE]

Cool cool. Thanks.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Looks like there's some 1-year cards for $30 again. (From a new seller it'd appear) Went ahead and grabbed one. Woot woot! :D[/QUOTE]

whats his name?

[quote name='RiPPn']It just bumps your subscription end date up a year, so for example if yours expires August 1st 2012, it will be August 1st 2013 after the code is applied.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I am good though September 2015 thanks to the free 3 months thing when plus just started.

I got my $30 PS+ subscription from wehomijo right now. Found out I am eligible for double eBay bucks today also, so pulled the trigger seeing how this might be the best time to grab one.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Before people start to get confused and ask...Amazon does not sell PSN cards. The cards are available on the site, but are all sold through 3rd party merchants who usually seem to charge around $7 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Hm. Okay, I wasn't paying close enough attention I guess. In any case, it's still a bit of mystery to me why Amazon ceased trading in digital products for PS3 (especially as they're racking up some good sales with PC DD). Maybe these just aren't money-makers for Amazon?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']So basically you need double the HDD space (24gb) it says it needs so it can download and install and then only takes up what it says once it's installed (14gb)? Wow, well that is kind of annoying, I'll have to delete a bunch of games and then redownload them lol. Well hopefully this game is good!

In reviews they said it wasn't the best Ratchet and Clank game, but I've never played one (I've been wanting to play one, just never got around to it). The 4 player co-op and 3D are big pluses to me so hopefully it's good! I'll be download to play some multiplayer with any CAGs who'd like to so add me on psn SpaceSpaceSpace.[/QUOTE]

If you're new to this series, I think you'll have fun with it. The 3D is good!!:D

However, for me, it's weird not having the camera to look around. I keep moving my head, trying to see what's around the corners. It's going to take me some getting used to.

I was trying to figure it out and then I realize these were the codes that were given out free at e3, someone must of found some extras

They're doing a live version of the PS Blogcast at E3, so here are the releases for this week. I might have missed something, so I'll double check the podcast version when that's out.

Games
Babel Rising
Batman: Arkham City
Dirt Showdown
Just Dance 3

Add-ons
Disgaea 4
Saints Row 3
Wheels of Destruction

PSP Games
Gugnir

Vita Games
Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
PulzAr

Vita Add-ons
Escape Plan
Table Top Tanks

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Went ahead and snagged a 1 year card for $30. Can't believe I'm paying for this when I'm not XBL Gold at this time.[/QUOTE]

I've done the same. Why pay for Live which provides nothing, essentially? If I want to play something online, I get it on PS3.

Query:

I have plus, my wife does not. I downloaded some of last weeks minis from plus.

When logged into my account on ps3:

I was able to put them on the card linked to me.

I did the factory reset on Vita, put in her card, had her log in on Vita, and it said the minis could not transfer becuase they were not linked to her account( ps3 was still in my account)

Is there a work around? Should I have had the PS3 logged into her account or would it matter?

[quote name='AllFrankedUp']So far I've played Just Cause 2 and Virtua Fighter 5. Now on to Little Big Planet 2. I'm loving my ps+.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even had time to get to the new ones. I tried Fatal Inertia, deleted it, opened Rock of Ages and got distracted by a rerun of Big Bang Theory where Leonard asks Penny out, quit that, and played a dozen 9-ball games in Inferno Pool.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, they're attached to your account, not her account, so it won't work that way. I don't know if there's a workaround for it.[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured. Thanks Frisky

All these free games just remind me how small 80 gigs is for my PS3. I'd have to delete a lot of saves and other games off first just to put even one on there. Don't really care about any of them except JC2 anyway, so I guess they're just more useless crap piled onto my PS+ account. I would have traded all of them just for Journey TBH.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Everyone needs to go here and turn off the auto renewal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. I hate auto-renewal junk. It's nice to be on board PS Plus now. :D

[quote name='shinn']I have a serious issue when trying to install inFAMOUS 2 it says at 14 percent data corrupted. Now I called and spoke to an agent then supervisor when basically told me im SOL and we went thru everything we could from router to reset hardware by holding in power and such but it still does it, what more can i do?[/QUOTE]

I had this problem with LA Noire. You need to delete the downloaded file, as well as any "corrupted data" it might've already tried to install. You'll see it at the bottom of your games list. After that, download the game again and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back