PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded half the games, down to 450gb. What will I do(640gb hdd)

Edit, just caved and bought two ebay $30 codes, only 4 left. Too cheap

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Yup. Doesn't take more than an hour for him to deliver either.[/QUOTE]

Dang. All gone. Oh well. I think I'm good till 2014 anyway.

I'm fairly new, so I'm not sure how the modding works here. But...it just seems posts mysteriously "disappear" at times. Last night, there were quite a few posts linking to the psn+ cards on ebay. Now they're just gone, lol. It's cool if that violates the rules or something, but how are we supposed to know if we've done something wrong if there's no explanation?

[quote name='breakfuss']I'm fairly new, so I'm not sure how the modding works here. But...it just seems posts mysteriously "disappear" at times. Last night, there were quite a few posts linking to the psn+ cards on ebay. Now they're just gone, lol. It's cool if that violates the rules or something, but how are we supposed to know if we've done something wrong if there's no explanation?[/QUOTE]
Yeah mods delete the posts. I think ebay links are prohibited. That's basically how you figure out the rules unless there's some written rules somewhere I don't know of.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah mods delete the posts. I think ebay links are prohibited. That's basically how you figure out the rules unless there's some written rules somewhere I don't know of.[/QUOTE]

I was on a truck site that had a warning system, that told you why. Would he helpful. I saw few posts out of a string of posts in a thread that were part of a conversation. Have no idea why but only some were deleted, there were no insults or profanity. My guess is occasionally a mos probably says "I don't like their point" and just deleted it. What other explaination is their for cherry picking a few posts out of 50 on the same topic?

[quote name='breakfuss']I'm fairly new, so I'm not sure how the modding works here. But...it just seems posts mysteriously "disappear" at times. Last night, there were quite a few posts linking to the psn+ cards on ebay. Now they're just gone, lol. It's cool if that violates the rules or something, but how are we supposed to know if we've done something wrong if there's no explanation?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah mods delete the posts. I think ebay links are prohibited. That's basically how you figure out the rules unless there's some written rules somewhere I don't know of.[/QUOTE]
Rules I didnt read all of it so I dont know if its mentioned here, but thats the forum rules.

Tip for those with rapidly disappearing HDD space

Download the biggest games/items FIRST because the install process requires twice the amount of space to unzip the file. This will help to avoid deleting anything you don't really want to.

[quote name='elessar123']I haven't even had time to get to the new ones. I tried Fatal Inertia, deleted it, opened Rock of Ages and got distracted by a rerun of Big Bang Theory where Leonard asks Penny out, quit that, and played a dozen 9-ball games in Inferno Pool.[/QUOTE]
How is Inferno Pool? Hopefully it stays $2 something even after my PS+ expires mid June, since I really want to own it on my PS3. Then again, I have that 5-in-1 mini for PSP/PS3 that costs $.99 and the pool game in that(top down view) is pretty good. I play it on both my PSPGo and the PS3. It's really fun.

If I actually get a higher speed internet at some point or other I may have to invest in a Netflix account cuz I've heard the prior seasons of Big Bang are all on there. It'd be nice to catch up in sequential order as opposed to catching reruns in syndication that are severely out of order.

The one station here goes from playing shows from the first season up till the season before last, then shows the pilot and jumps all over the damn place.:cry:

[quote name='tylerh1701']rpg's signature has competition.[/QUOTE]
:lol: You're forgetting DrNo888 with his Olivia Munn as Chun Li high kick sig.:drool: I'm trying to figure out what the chick in KrisMKX's sig is saying while also staring at the lovely jiggle.:drool::drool::drool:

Here's the video that that clip is from btw:lol: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ca9F0q5WzA

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']eBay has the glasses for cheap if you don't want to try with some you have and/or don't have any from the movie heater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56xeu0NI_bs[/QUOTE]

LG advertises some pre-made glasses for use with their 3D TVs you can buy them off of Amazon too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How is Inferno Pool? Hopefully it stays $2 something even after my PS+ expires mid June, since I really want to own it on my PS3. Then again, I have that 5-in-1 mini for PSP/PS3 that costs $.99 and the pool game in that(top down view) is pretty good. I play it on both my PSPGo and the PS3. It's really fun.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just make a dummy non-PS+ account on your PS3 and buy the pool game with that account?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're doing a live version of the PS Blogcast at E3, so here are the releases for this week. I might have missed something, so I'll double check the podcast version when that's out.[/QUOTE]
Ustream had the streams recorded for replay today. You got it all :)

additional info: PulsAR is "around $2" and Batman: Arkham City will include the Catwoman missions.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

If I actually get a higher speed internet at some point or other I may have to invest in a Netflix account cuz I've heard the prior seasons of Big Bang are all on there. It'd be nice to catch up in sequential order as opposed to catching reruns in syndication that are severely out of order.
[/QUOTE]

i don't think you can stream the big bang theory-you can get the dvds though. i have 4 seasons and as soon as it goes on netflix i'm selling them im barely on season 3 though. Had to sell weeds-how i met your mother, arrested development-and scrubs as soon as they hit netflix. Then turn around and use that money to buy diff tv shows that aren't on netflix.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How is Inferno Pool? Hopefully it stays $2 something even after my PS+ expires mid June, since I really want to own it on my PS3. Then again, I have that 5-in-1 mini for PSP/PS3 that costs $.99 and the pool game in that(top down view) is pretty good. I play it on both my PSPGo and the PS3. It's really fun.

The one station here goes from playing shows from the first season up till the season before last, then shows the pilot and jumps all over the damn place.:cry:[/QUOTE]

BBT is a show you need to have on disc. You NEED to have on disc. When the world ends on 12-21, and netflix is out and the zombies are at your door, do you really want to be without BBT? It may be what keeps you from blowing your own brains out. So go buy it, be happy, and stock up on Hornaday Zombie Max ammo.

And also Fringe. It'll teach you how lemon cake and pig brain could save the world.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: You're forgetting DrNo888 with his Olivia Munn as Chun Li high kick sig.:drool: I'm trying to figure out what the chick in KrisMKX's sig is saying while also staring at the lovely jiggle.:drool::drool::drool:

Here's the video that that clip is from btw:lol: :

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. And I have no idea what she's saying. "It's wild?"

[quote name='6er']BBT is a show you need to have on disc. You NEED to have on disc. When the world ends on 12-21, and netflix is out and the zombies are at your door, do you really want to be without BBT? It may be what keeps you from blowing your own brains out. So go buy it, be happy, and stock up on Hornaday Zombie Max ammo.

And also Fringe. It'll teach you how lemon cake and pig brain could save the world.[/QUOTE]
I personally think BBT is a horrible show! Lots of laugh tracks and not enough laughs. Community is where it's at! :drool:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: You're forgetting DrNo888 with his Olivia Munn as Chun Li high kick sig.:drool: I'm trying to figure out what the chick in KrisMKX's sig is saying while also staring at the lovely jiggle.:drool::drool::drool:

Here's the video that that clip is from btw:lol: :[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. And I have no clue what she's saying. "It's wild?"

[quote name='Rosterking']I personally think BBT is a horrible show! Lots of laugh tracks and not enough laughs. Community is where it's at! :drool:[/QUOTE]

I don't like BBT at all either.

Here's the video that that clip is from btw:lol: :[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. ANd I have have no clue what she's saying. "It's wild?"

[quote name='youenvy']i don't think you can stream the big bang theory-you can get the dvds though. i have 4 seasons and as soon as it goes on netflix i'm selling them im barely on season 3 though. Had to sell weeds-how i met your mother, arrested development-and scrubs as soon as they hit netflix. Then turn around and use that money to buy diff tv shows that aren't on netflix.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how confident I would be doing that. As this is an older show and their streaming rights on it probably just ran out, I'd like to use News Radio as an example anyway. They only had a few seasons of News Radio up for Netflix steaming, but took it down before adding the final seasons. Kinda disappointed me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/e3-2012-introducing-escape-plans-newest-dlc

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Escape Plan and its new DLC will be on sale next week:[/QUOTE]

I've been hoping for a sale on Escape Plan. I can see them putting it on sale for $9.99. Hoping the buyer will fork over another $4.99 for the new DLC. This game looks great plus the fact that they watch the experience of players is good for tweaks on the new DLC.

By the way, for PS+ people that have a bunch of new games to play, you should check out the DLC to grab the freebies that some of them offer.

Choplifter HD - Zombie! Zombie! Zombie! Level Pack - Free
Just Cause 2 - Chaos Parachute - Free
Just Cause 2 - Tuk Tuk Boom Boom - Free
Just Cause 2 - Chevalier Ice Breaker - Free
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Character Pack 1 - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Community Costume Winner - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Kabuki Actor Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Sack-Eating Plant Costume - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Sack in the Box Costume - Free
Saints Row 2 - The Unkut Pack - Free

And if you were proactive before, there were numerous free holiday costumes for LBP 1 and 2 that you may have in your download history to redownload. The second challenge pack for Lara Croft was also free at launch, so if you thought ahead, you should download it to go with your game.

[quote name='Bumslie']I've been hoping for a sale on Escape Plan. I can see them putting it on sale for $9.99. Hoping the buyer will fork over another $4.99 for the new DLC. This game looks great plus the fact that they watch the experience of players is good for tweaks on the new DLC.[/QUOTE]
It says that both will be on sale.

Why does youtube do that shit with their videos now where you can't click a "watch on youtube" button? I would much rather watch youtube videos on their actual site since some blogs/forums suck. I also noticed that now some videos don't even have the "share this video" button which would at least allow you to copy/past the url and go to that site in a new tab. It works on this site b/c the actual link is posted but I noticed it is a pain in the ass on other blogs.

Weird. The Infamous 2 free game I downloaded with PS+ comes up as only letting me play for an hour in the info section. What up with that?

[quote name='Namerson']Thank you for the article! I just bought the Stardust bundle for my Vita and was about to pick up Escape Plan but saw this - might've saved me a couple bucks.[/QUOTE]

Very nice article indeed. I was tempted to buy it around a month ago, but when I saw it did not have a platinum I decided to hold off and not get a $20 PSN card and instead use that on a game with more robust content.

Hopefully it'll be $7.50 and the DLC will be $2.50 (50% off) thus making the whole package $10 which is a great price for it.

[quote name='hostyl1']Couldn't you just make a dummy non-PS+ account on your PS3 and buy the pool game with that account?[/QUOTE]
I could, but that would mean I'd have to fund it with my debit/credit card. As it stands I have $34 sitting in my normal PSN account. If they had a way to gift yourself $5 from another PSN account I'd do it. But Sony is NOT getting my debit/credit card info. I used the numbers from a pre-paid(and empty) Visa when I used those free PS+ codes they sent via email a while ago.;)
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Cheapest, stop putting youtube videos under spoiler tags. It breaks the thread when people quote them.[/QUOTE]
I only put it under spoiler tags to avoid cluttering up the thread. I figured some folks would want the option to not have to see a ginormous post with a video in it.

[quote name='AoA']Weird. The Infamous 2 free game I downloaded with PS+ comes up as only letting me play for an hour in the info section. What up with that?[/QUOTE]
You must have downloaded the Full Game Trial instead of the actual game. There should be an option to unlock the game, which should be free since it's free for PS+ people.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']II only put it under spoiler tags to avoid cluttering up the thread. I figured some folks would want the option to not have to see a ginormous post with a video in it.[/QUOTE]
It breaks the thread when people quote them, so you need to stop it. Post it as plain text if you don't want people to see it.

I have to highly recommend grabbing the Kane & Lynch character pack for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, as it goes a bit further than just being a new set of skins. They change the cutscenes a bit and have unique dialog for Kane & Lynch with them cursing up a storm at times. The set-up is also great.

The game begins with Lara talking about having just gotten out of the tombs and not being sure how long it will be until another person finds them. It cuts to two days later as Kane & Lynch walk right in and set off the same events that would happen normally.

[quote name='hostyl1']LG advertises some pre-made glasses for use with their 3D TVs you can buy them off of Amazon too.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I've seen those, but it would be $5 or free with the movie theater glasses vs $17 for those or whatever price at other sellers.

Thanks though! :)

[quote name='AoA']Weird. The Infamous 2 free game I downloaded with PS+ comes up as only letting me play for an hour in the info section. What up with that?[/QUOTE]

Happened to me with Ratchet and Clank. '30 minutes left' popped up and I was like, wtf!?!

Don't know what happened. Especially, as much as I mention that game. I noticed the bag was blue, while the rest were red. Clicked on it and 'add to cart' was available. Odd, but it worked after I added it to cart.... again?!.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Cheapest, stop putting youtube videos under spoiler tags. It breaks the thread when people quote them.[/QUOTE]

Was wondering why that was happen. Also, please?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I could, but that would mean I'd have to fund it with my debit/credit card. As it stands I have $34 sitting in my normal PSN account. If they had a way to gift yourself $5 from another PSN account I'd do it. But Sony is NOT getting my debit/credit card info. I used the numbers from a pre-paid(and empty) Visa when I used those free PS+ codes they sent via email a while ago.;)[/QUOTE]

You should not need to fund a separate account, using a sub-account pulls funds directly from the main account.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Not sure how confident I would be doing that. As this is an older show and their streaming rights on it probably just ran out, I'd like to use News Radio as an example anyway. They only had a few seasons of News Radio up for Netflix steaming, but took it down before adding the final seasons. Kinda disappointed me.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the camp of BBT-lovers and I can assure you that it has not been available to stream on Netflix to date.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I have to highly recommend grabbing the Kane & Lynch character pack for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, as it goes a bit further than just being a new set of skins. They change the cutscenes a bit and have unique dialog for Kane & Lynch with them cursing up a storm at times. The set-up is also great.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this. I played the game already and finsihed it so i wasnt going to redownload it. But I might try it again now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I have to highly recommend grabbing the Kane & Lynch character pack for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, as it goes a bit further than just being a new set of skins. They change the cutscenes a bit and have unique dialog for Kane & Lynch with them cursing up a storm at times. The set-up is also great.

The game begins with Lara talking about having just gotten out of the tombs and not being sure how long it will be until another person finds them. It cuts to two days later as Kane & Lynch walk right in and set off the same events that would happen normally.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, is there a similar set up for the Kain and Raziel pack? Its been so long since anything has been done with that series...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/e3-2012-introducing-escape-plans-newest-dlc

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Escape Plan and its new DLC will be on sale next week:[/QUOTE]

My interpretation of that paragraph is that the new DLC, The Asylum, is gonna have a week one discount before being bumped up to full price ($4.99). I don't infer that the actual full game will be on sale, but that's just my 2 cents.

[quote name='tylerh1701']My interpretation of that paragraph is that the new DLC, The Asylum, is gonna have a week one discount before being bumped up to full price ($4.99). I don't infer that the actual full game will be on sale, but that's just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get that?

On Tuesday, June 12th, you’ll be able to download the game at a steep discount off of the PlayStation Network. Following that, the DLC pack will be adjusted to its regular price of $4.99.

If they wanted to say the DLC would be on sale they should've wrote "you'll be able to download the DLC pack at a steep discount" instead of "the game" but who knows you could be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back