PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a hell of a "Capcom sale"...c'mon Capcom, where's something that's worth a crap - Mega Man 9 & 10, Code Veronica X HD, Breath of Fire IV...ok, those are just the ones I want but don't want to pay full price for so I might be a bit biased. :razz:

I might bite on Bionic Commando: Rearmed but from what little I played of the demo, I still don't know if it's worth $5 to me.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm... just... so happy right now. So very, very happy. I lent my buddy my Wii copy and he lost it, so this is just perfect! It's a gorgeous game already imho, with one of the best art styles I've ever seen. Only concern is if Capcom is doing the HD release, it'll basically be slightly upressed, with little to no textures "redone" or anything. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Video shows difference between PS2 and PS3 release is significant to me.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm... just... so happy right now. So very, very happy. I lent my buddy my Wii copy and he lost it, so this is just perfect! It's a gorgeous game already imho, with one of the best art styles I've ever seen. Only concern is if Capcom is doing the HD release, it'll basically be slightly upressed, with little to no textures "redone" or anything. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Shit. I'll still buy it, but still...

[quote name='JanusDS']I might bite on Bionic Commando: Rearmed but from what little I played of the demo, I still don't know if it's worth $5 to me.[/QUOTE]

BCR is an awesome game, I loved the hell out of it!

[quote name='ck76']Video shows difference between PS2 and PS3 release is significant to me.[/QUOTE]

I watched that video and felt like they must not be showing the old game fairly. The footage of the original game looked so blurry as to be unplayable. Even so, it looks like the HD version will be great and I'll finally play this game.

[quote name='wrencrest']If you really enjoy dual stick shooters, I feel like these games are good enough to want to play. At $7.50 an episode it isnt a bad price, but $5 would be better of course. I played through the trilogy last year and had a good time with them. They are just straight action, with blah graphics and story, but I found it fun anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think I have this on my steam account. Does it have co-op and if so onlone or couch?

[quote name='Marauder7']I think I have this on my steam account. Does it have co-op and if so onlone or couch?[/QUOTE]

If you participated in last year's summer sale event it's likely that you have the second game because it was available for free in exchange for tickets.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']As a reminder, you have until next week to grab the Uncharted 2 DLC for free, which is when the first two games are coming to PSN.[/QUOTE]

Where did you read this? Is there a chance they will be free for Plus members?
I'm probably one of the only PS3 players who has had a system since launch that has never played an Uncharted game.
I know.

Also, it's not listed in the free games section of Plus on the Store, but the vanilla Wipeout HD comes up for free when you search.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Where did you read this? Is there a chance they will be free for Plus members?
I'm probably one of the only PS3 players who has had a system since launch that has never played an Uncharted game.
I know.

Also, it's not listed in the free games section of Plus on the Store, but the vanilla Wipeout HD comes up for free when you search.[/QUOTE]
It's in the OP. They announced the DLC would be free until 6/26 when they announced the first two Uncharted games were coming to PSN. It has as good of a chance as anything else on PSN.

It's not free. You own the game and it shows up like that when you're a PS+ member, which is a weird bug that happens for a couple of other games that were past PS+ offers.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins looks surprisingly good on the vita, i have a few psp games that i cannot play on vita because the upscale looks horrible, one of those is god of war GOS but Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins looks amazing, colors really pop out on that screen and after you apply the bilinear filter you can barely see any jaggies[/QUOTE]

It is really a handsome game on the vita, I've been quite impressed. It is also kicking my teeth in repeatedly - I didn't think they'd make one that's _harder_ than the original, but man that second board is already killing me.

[quote name='Namerson']Has anyone played Persona 3 Portable on their Vita? Does it look good on the Vita screen? I'm considering downloading it to play for a trip I have coming up and also in preparation for Persona 4 golden.[/QUOTE]It both looks and is amazing. I was hesitant to buy it since I own both the PS2 and physical PSP copy, but decided to just buy it and it's literally the only thing I play on my Vita now. And this is from someone that owns Gravity Rush and MGS HD Collection.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']does anyone recommend the alien breed triolgy?[/QUOTE]

half heartedly. there's something about it that just 'works'... but at the same time, there's something that doesn't. i only played through the first one, and I LOVE dual stick shooters... but there are definitely better ones on PSN.

you'll very likely really like Alien Breed, but also notice here and there that it could have been so much more.

half of me desperately wants a vita. the other half is really spoiled by the screen size of the ipad. i wish ipad had psp/vita games (persona, disgaea, etc) or sony made a tablet sized machine with dual sticks (my dream)

[quote name='io']I own all 3 versions and have never played it ;).[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're planning on getting the PS3 port, I suppose you might as well wait for that; but if you aren't or decide you want to play it before then, DEFINITELY PLAY THE PS2 VERSION. The port for the Wii motion controls is fucking HORRIBLE. Overall, the game is just tolerable enough to play because it's such a great game; but I wanted to chunk my Wiimote/nunchuk through my tv screen about 80% of the time from it just completely not being able to interpret near perfect drawings - it is seriously about the most pathetic effort put forward towards properly utilizing the motion controls that I, personally have experienced.

But it's an absolutely wonderful game on the PS2 where what you draw actually produces the desired result at least 99% of the time. I would probably have to put it in my top 10 PS2 games, if not top 5.

Oh and btw, the DS game isn't actually a "different version", it's the sequel, Okamiden, which I haven't played but have heard that the DS touch controls work great as opposed to the Wii motion controls for the Okami port. You and the previous poster may have known that already but it wasn't clear from your posts, so forgive me if I'm stating the obvious. :oops:

[quote name='affa']half of me desperately wants a vita. the other half is really spoiled by the screen size of the ipad. i wish ipad had psp/vita games (persona, disgaea, etc) or sony made a tablet sized machine with dual sticks (my dream)[/QUOTE]

I bought one about two weeks ago when they had the $50 gift card and a couple other deals. I ordered the memory card from Amazon and while I was waiting for it to ship I was debating if I wanted to keep it. I did, and I absolutely love it. I only have Motorstorm RC and Hot Shots so far, but both are incredibly fun and the screen is gorgeous. I don't like touch-screen only controls for games as I find them very limiting. I can't wait for Persona 4 on the Vita, and many other RPGs. :)

[quote name='Namerson']If they put Okami HD on Vita I would easily pay $40 for it.[/QUOTE]Seems like a perfect fit, honestly. Such a wasted opportunity...

[quote name='ryushe']Seems like a perfect fit, honestly. Such a wasted opportunity...[/QUOTE]

With all the cross-play/buy it on PS3, get it on Vita announcements, I'm still hoping. Not expecting, just hoping.

Could someone please help me make sense of the three new Wipeout addons? I own HD on PS3 and I own the vita game. I see three free downloads yet the descriptions are identical.

[quote name='Romeo']Could someone please help me make sense of the three new Wipeout addons? I own HD on PS3 and I own the vita game. I see three free downloads yet the descriptions are identical.[/QUOTE]
There's a pack for Wipeout HD and another for Fury. The third is a bundle of the two packs, so if you have both, grab the bundle.

[quote name='Romeo']Could someone please help me make sense of the three new Wipeout addons? I own HD on PS3 and I own the vita game. I see three free downloads yet the descriptions are identical.[/QUOTE]

Look at the title and sizes. One of them is a pack that includes the other two downloads.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's a pack for Wipeout HD and another for Fury. The third is a bundle of the two packs, so if you have both, grab the bundle.[/QUOTE]

That still confuses me. So HD is the PS3 game. 2048 is the Vita game.

I see:

HD Fury addon pack for 280mb
HD addon pack for 300mb
HD Fury bundle pack for 580mb

I can download these on either system, so what DLC is which?

[quote name='Romeo']That still confuses me. So HD is the PS3 game. 2048 is the Vita game.

I see:

HD Fury addon pack for 280mb
HD addon pack for 300mb
HD Fury bundle pack for 580mb

I can download these on either system, so what DLC is which?[/QUOTE]
They're all for 2048. There's no new DLC for Wipeout HD, but if you didn't own it or Fury, you could get them for free by buying the 2048 DLC.

[quote name='mayamayouidiot']Frisky, you sure Saints Row The Third for $50 is a permanent price drop? It's listed as a sale on the PS blogpost.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's listed as a permanent price drop in the discounts section of the PS Store.

You gotta be freaking kidding me - I just bought Ultimate G&G last week. And...it sucks. Apparently old school gameplay includes old school crappy primitive controls too

I vow from here on out to only buy PSP games that are on sale!

[quote name='ryushe']Seems like a perfect fit, honestly. Such a wasted opportunity...[/QUOTE]

And all the other HD collections. And all of the PSN games, including the would-be-Vita perfect game, Rainbow Moon. And Lego Batman 2 console version (not crap 3ds port)

It's all just a really crappy, avoidable situation Sony's gotten themselves into. They never listen to customers.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If there's anyone not interested in their PS3 Magic 2013 code PM me & I'll trade for it.[/QUOTE]

What codes? They gave away codes?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're all for 2048. There's no new DLC for Wipeout HD, but if you didn't own it or Fury, you could get them for free by buying the 2048 DLC.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Frisky but I still don't understand why there are three packs if they're all for the Vita.

Is the Fury pack one DLC, the HD pack one DLC, and the bundle the two combined? The descriptions on the store don't make sense to me, they seem copy and pasted.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm sorry Frisky but I still don't understand why there are three packs if they're all for the Vita.

Is the Fury pack one DLC, the HD pack one DLC, and the bundle the two combined? The descriptions on the store don't make sense to me, they seem copy and pasted.[/QUOTE]
Yes. There's one pack that gives you Wipeout HD's campaign, tracks, and such and the other gives you Fury's campaign, tracks, and such. The bundle is a bundle of both packs, so just grab that.

[quote name='Zonic505']Journey Collector's Edition confirmed for August & will include Flower and Flow along with some unannounced stuff. No word on price.[/QUOTE]

The extras are probably things like themes, art, and music. I could see them adding the soundtracks for Journey and Flower, a digital artbook, and three dynamic themes, and selling the package for $30. I'd probably buy all that for $30.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes. There's one pack that gives you Wipeout HD's campaign, tracks, and such and the other gives you Fury's campaign, tracks, and such. The bundle is a bundle of both packs, so just grab that.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I wish the store was more descriptive. The way it is now is just a clusterF as the titles are near identical and the descriptions are copied.

[quote name='Zonic505']Journey Collector's Edition confirmed for August & will include Flower and Flow along with some unannounced stuff. No word on price.[/QUOTE]
I don't buy themes and avatars because I get a bunch for free with ps+ and I picked up flower in the last sale. Zero interest in flow after watching gameplay videos. The soundtracks will probably also be bundled, which is cool, but all in all not worth the $30 to me.

There is always the possibility that we'll get some cag-worthy deal at best buy or something so that's cool. Guess this gives me two avenues to catch the game: ps+ or retail sale.

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
The Amazing Spider-Man
Order Up!
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $29.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - $29.99
Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99

PS1 Classics
The Little Mermaid 2

Minis
Beatshapers Indie Game Bundle
Farm Frenzy: Pizza Party

Demos
Lego Batman 2

Add-ons
Birds of Steel
Dragon's Dogma
Elevator Action
The Pinball Arcade
Record of Agarest 2
Ridge Racer Unbounded

Virtua Fighter 5
Warriors Orochi 3

PSP Games
Unchained Blades - $29.99

Vita Add-ons
The Pinball Arcade

Last edited by a moderator:
Glitchers. I tell ya! :lol:

Finally, I decided to play Ratchet & Clank A41 online. Well, someone found a way to get past the 1 robot that stomps. Can't think of the name, but it's where you have to jump around on the 3 blocks of ice, from side to side.

It was like I blinked and we were on the other side, away from it, but we had to keep zapping it on order to move on. It was still facing the 3 blocks of ice, lol.

[quote name='brianace']Yes, finally some new tables for Pinball Arcade!![/QUOTE]

There was an update last week with new tables for the Vita. For $4.99 you get Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness.

i played/platted A41 with my kids, and i was capt qwark. i felt so cheap cuz his powerup is invulnerable reflecting projectile shield and they were like invisible/slowmo/decoy, which were all eh at best. it was fine tho cuz they all had lots of fun but still they should have balanced special powers out more. plus the character you choose is the only one that gets leveled up so there is no incentive to switch around, but no one wanted to anyway.

>PS1 Classics
>The Little Mermaid 2

Wut.

& neat to hear Sine Mora is hitting PSN for PS3 as well. Tried the demo on 360 & enjoyed it, though waiting for a sale. Now I gotta decide which version I should get.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
The Amazing Spider-Man
Order Up!
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $29.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - $29.99
Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99

PS1 Classics
The Little Mermaid 2

Minis
Beatshapers Indie Game Bundle
Farm Frenzy: Pizza Party

Demos
Lego Batman 2

Add-ons
Birds of Steel
Dragon's Dogma
Elevator Action
The Pinball Arcade
Record of Agarest 2
Ridge Racer Unbounded

Virtua Fighter 5
Warriors Orochi 3

PSP Games
Unchained Blades - $29.99

Vita Add-ons
The Pinball Arcade[/QUOTE]

Looks like Retro City Rampage slipped into July :(. It was supposed to come out in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back