PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I suppose that makes sense as far as it goes, but it doesn't give you much of an incentive not to wait on a better deal at a brick-and-mortar store. However, the whole "why aren't digitally-distributed games cheaper" thing is probably a forum's worth of debate. . . .

[quote name='Woocls']Isn't the dual pack like $30?[/QUOTE]
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune List Price: $29.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Game of The Year Edition List Price: $29.99
Uncharted Greatest Hits Dual Pack List Price: $39.99

They're not going to make the standard prices the same as a random sale price that you recall it being at one point in the past. There will be better sale prices for this stuff in the future going off of their past deal history.

[quote name='louiedog']Hmmm. I want Journey, but not the entire disc release that's coming out. Now I have to decide if I want it now or at a steeper discount. Are there still a lot of people playing now that I'll run into?[/QUOTE]
Journey isn't on sale, which is why it wasn't on the list I posted.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Journey isn't on sale, which is why it wasn't on the list I posted.[/QUOTE]

Journey is on sale for $11.99 (20% off). It's both on the blog update and in the store under 2011 Award Nominees.

[quote name='louiedog']Journey is on sale for $11.99 (20% off). It's both on the blog update and in the store under 2011 Award Nominees.[/QUOTE]
It shows up as $14.99 for me on my main account, but I had to use my alternate account for the PS+ price to show up. I'll alert Morgan Haro about it.

[quote name='louiedog']Hmmm. I want Journey, but not the entire disc release that's coming out. Now I have to decide if I want it now or at a steeper discount. Are there still a lot of people playing now that I'll run into?[/QUOTE]

Ya, I just played it through a couple weeks ago, ran into a bunch of people.

Also, I'd say wait on the disc, and even then wait for around $15-$20. I wasn't overly impressed with Journey.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Expiring next week for PS+:

Looks like PS+ will be lackluster with just four new games, which is half of what we've averaged in the past ten months.[/QUOTE]

Nice, right around what I predicted. Also, while it may be lackluster in quantity, I honestly don't think it will be lackluster in quality.

Plus, I'd be willing to bet it's 3 PSN games (rather than full games), as we're losing 3 PSN games.

[quote name='jhferry']Where is the deal on Infamous FOB?[/QUOTE]

They had one just a couple months ago.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It shows up as $14.99 for me on my main account, but I had to use my alternate account for the PS+ price to show up. I'll alert Morgan Haro about it.[/QUOTE]

That's weird.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I wasn't overly impressed with Journey.[/QUOTE]

really? I thought it was beautiful, the soundtrack alone makes this game worth checking out, the multi-player implementation was genius just randomly running into other players and working together was fun and rewarding, also not having voice chat is a plus in my book, I feel it would ruin the experience otherwise. This is one of the best (if not the best) game on PSN in my opinion definitely worth the $15.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']really? I thought it was beautiful, the soundtrack alone makes this game worth checking out, the multi-player implementation was genius just randomly running into other players and working together was fun and rewarding, also not having voice chat is a plus in my book, I feel it would ruin the experience otherwise. This is one of the best (if not the best) game on PSN in my opinion definitely worth the $15.[/QUOTE]
I agree 100%, LOVED IT! (if you couldnt tell already by my sig)

[quote name='renique46']LOL @ the whopping 2 dollar discount for plus members for the Resident Evil titles, Ca$hcom at its finest.[/QUOTE]

The Resident Evil deals they had before were pretty good......

I guess Capcom just gets greedier as the time passes lol. Still not even sure if i want those games though, i barely use my PS Move as it is, despite having like 5 games that work with it

[quote name='tylerh1701']Nice, right around what I predicted. Also, while it may be lackluster in quantity, I honestly don't think it will be lackluster in quality.

Plus, I'd be willing to bet it's 3 PSN games (rather than full games), as we're losing 3 PSN games.[/QUOTE]
We had both before, so no, it's not better to have one go down.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Expiring next week for PS+:

Games
Hard Corps: Uprising
Kaleidoscope - PSP/PS3/Vita
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone

Looks like PS+ will be lackluster with just four new games, which is half of what we've averaged in the past ten months.[/QUOTE]

Are any of those even retail games? I hope they're putting up more than they're taking down.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']really? I thought it was beautiful, the soundtrack alone makes this game worth checking out, the multi-player implementation was genius just randomly running into other players and working together was fun and rewarding, also not having voice chat is a plus in my book, I feel it would ruin the experience otherwise. This is one of the best (if not the best) game on PSN in my opinion definitely worth the $15.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']I agree 100%, LOVED IT! (if you couldnt tell already by my sig)[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Journey is not a game built for someone like me. I'm not one to be "engrossed" by a setting or story, I'm mostly just about gameplay. And from strictly a gameplay standpoint, I'd say Journey is just an average platformer at best.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']We had both before, so no, it's not better to have one go down.[/QUOTE]

Eh....we'll see what we get. Plus, everybody's definition of "quality" is different.

[quote name='Slashlen']Are any of those even retail games? I hope they're putting up more than they're taking down.[/QUOTE]

No, they're all digital games. My guess is they'll put up 3 new digital titles for next month, and maybe a couple Minis sprinkled in here or there.

The full retail games will probably rotate out ever 3-4 months would be my guess.

Are you fucking kidding me mother fucking capcom sony fuck pieces of shit I just bought Puzzle Fighter HD yesterday after it wasn't one of capcom's sale games!

fuck fuck fuck stupid fucking games I missed out on $5 savings fuck

[quote name='Yamato']Are you fucking kidding me mother fucking capcom sony fuck pieces of shit I just bought Puzzle Fighter HD yesterday after it wasn't one of capcom's sale games!

fuck fuck fuck stupid fucking games I missed out on $5 savings fuck[/QUOTE]
There's one golden rule for PSN Deals:

Never buy anything on Monday that you're concerned about going on sale with the update on Tuesday.

You've now learned that lesson forever.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Journey - $11.99

PlayStation Plus - Bold = New This Week

Journey - $11.99
[/QUOTE]

No extra discount for Plus?

edit: Question answered. Just went back and read the previous posts.

[quote name='Yamato']Are you fucking kidding me mother fucking capcom sony fuck pieces of shit I just bought Puzzle Fighter HD yesterday after it wasn't one of capcom's sale games!

thumbnail.aspx

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's one golden rule for PSN Deals:

Never buy anything on Monday that you're concerned about going on sale with the update on Tuesday.

You've now learned that lesson forever.[/QUOTE]

also you might want to check if that game was on sale before which it was many times before.

i never played the chronicles games, are they any good? how do they compare to house of the dead games? I have a lot of move games I hardly play... I understand the price being $2 less because its a bundle price I guess.

33cynfs.png

Underwhelming for me. Shocker.

Perhaps Skullgirls. Perhaps not. Would hop on PSP games but no more room on memory stick. So no money for Sony today >__< I will take the free ME3 extrnded ending though :)

They're dumb for not putting any digital Vita games on sale, if not at least for PS Plus members. If you're PS Plus AND Vita early adopter, this should be common practice: honoring loyal fans. But, nope.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Underwhelming for me. Shocker.

Perhaps Skullgirls. Perhaps not. Would hop on PSP games but no more room on memory stick. So no money for Sony today >__< I will take the free ME3 extrnded ending though :)

They're dumb for not putting any digital Vita games on sale, if not at least for PS Plus members. If you're PS Plus AND Vita early adopter, this should be common practice: honoring loyal fans. But, nope.[/QUOTE]

PS Plus wasn't meant to be a program for Sony's handhelds.

LOL "I bought PS Vita Day One Sony should sell me every game for half price!"

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Underwhelming for me. Shocker.

They're dumb for not putting any digital Vita games on sale, if not at least for PS Plus members. If you're PS Plus AND Vita early adopter, this should be common practice: honoring loyal fans. But, nope.[/QUOTE]

Sony and really most companies don't show early adopters a lot of love. It's not really cost effective, so I don't blame them.

[quote name='warreni']Wow, those are some horrible deals on Uncharted 1 and 2. I got both over the last year or so on sale for $10 each. I wonder why Sony charges these ridiculous prices for PSN games.[/QUOTE]
Because they're download only and thus they feel they don't have to compete with the prices that retail stores might be charging for them. Personally I don't see why anyone would pay close to MSRP for just a mf'n download of the games when for a few bucks more they could own the physical copies of them.:roll:

You're damn right I did. I just got into the PS3 world and I wasn't sure how or when they did the sales. I just saw that this thread mentioned Capcom sales, so I checked out the Capcom games and enjoyed Puzzle Fighter. Saw it wasn't on sale, so I figured it wouldn't be, and bought it.

Speaking of being new to PS3, I'm looking for some good PSN titles and I see everyone raving about Journey. Is it really worth $15? I usually never buy any downloadable game if it is over $10.

[quote name='admiralvic']Sony and really most companies don't show early adopters a lot of love. It's not really cost effective, so I don't blame them.[/QUOTE]

That's because they don't have to. Early adopters are willing to pay a premium to have the latest good as soon as possible and they tend to be the more loyal customers. Whining that you're being treated poorly as an early adopter is fuckin stupid.

the deals for journey and re umbrella chronicles suck balls. looks like i'm not buying anything this week either. fuck capcom. glad i'm not a street fighter fan. will pick up tekken tag and doa 5 instead.

oh noes! I just bought Skullgirls on Saturday! Ha, that's okay as it's worth it. Love the game. My new favorite fighter.

[quote name='tylerh1701']PS Plus wasn't meant to be a program for Sony's handhelds.

LOL "I bought PS Vita Day One Sony should sell me every game for half price!"[/QUOTE]

Nice exaggeration there, sunshine. Way to take it extremely out of context. I'm saying PS Plus users should get Vita-related perks too. I dont see how this.can be debated.by any decent-minded consumer/Vita owner. I pay them money, so I'm entitled to speak my concerns and wishes

"PS Plus wasn't meant to be a program for Sony's handhelds."

Um, says who? Did you get in on some Sony meeting I wasnt invited to? It's all part of the same PSN account, so it's pretty obvious. Oh, and Plus.was out before Vita was even gold for that matter, let alone leaked, so why would they say that before even having a handheld?

You're words are hogwash

I waited so long for Skullgirls. Good thing they had or have a demo for it. I couldn't stand it. Reminded me of Blazblu. Virtua Fighter = Insta-delete. Reminded me of Tekken:whistle2:#.

Hmm.. Looks like the $10 Uncharted at the Sears clearance section will be the way to start that series.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Nice exaggeration there, sunshine. Way to take it extremely out of context. I'm saying PS Plus users should get Vita-related perks too. I dont see how this.can be debated.by any decent-minded consumer/Vita owner. I pay them money, so I'm entitled to speak my concerns and wishes

"PS Plus wasn't meant to be a program for Sony's handhelds."

Um, says who? Did you get in on some Sony meeting I wasnt invited to? It's all part of the same PSN account, so it's pretty obvious. Oh, and Plus.was out before Vita was even gold for that matter, let alone leaked, so why would they say that before even having a handheld?

You're words are hogwash[/QUOTE]

Vita isn't Sony's first handheld, you know. The fact that they hardly ever have PS+ sales dedicated to Vita and/or PSP supports his statement.

More like never buy anything from PSN that isn't on sale, because it WILL go on sale, and probably sooner than later.

[quote name='Justin42']More like never buy anything from PSN that isn't on sale, because it WILL go on sale, and probably sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

Especially a game from 4+ years ago.

They did add avatars for DW7 and DW Next this week, but still no Da Qiao avatar... Guess I'll keep my hopes up for next month since they seem to be monthly.

I can't justify using PS+ for free games because it's not a service I'd want to keep forever, and I don't want to lose the games when I let a sub expire. =/

I'm personally excited about Mega Man X PSP. I would love to see sony put some PSP rpgs on sale so I can stock up before I get a vita.

So, looking at the PSN store, Journey is still $15, but is $11.99 for Plus members. Does the sale only pertain to Plus subscribers?

yeah i try not to buy anything on psn til a sale. except cod dlc.
kinda sucks for games like hoard and a few others.
even when games get perm price drops i still don't buy cuz im like, well now they will have a sale on that perm price drop and it will be even better.
even tho i got some langer psn cash to spend im gonna try to hold off on skullgirls/journey/marvel pinball dlc... just a bit longer...
and wow, only 10% off for ps+ for re chronicles?! fail... ill wait til 50% off sale hopefully.

i love the different opinions also on cag. just on this page someone said skullgirls is fav new fighter loved it, and skip it couldn't stand it, lol.
diversity is great!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's because they don't have to. Early adopters are willing to pay a premium to have the latest good as soon as possible and they tend to be the more loyal customers. Whining that you're being treated poorly as an early adopter is fuckin stupid.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I will say that pisses me off about this is the PH hit versions where they include DLC that early adopters still have to pay for. For example, Mass Effect for the 360. I bought the CE day 1 for $79.99 as a GS exclusive. Then, 2 years later when they released the PH version for $19.99, it included DLC packs that I still had to pay for. It would have been nice for them just to release the PH version for $19.99 and make the DLC free since everyone who bought the game before that version came out could be considered an early adopter.

Of course, you won't hear me bitchin' about them adding extra content to a re-release, I just think it should be made free for early adopters.

Just sayin'...

[quote name='sassylaurie']Only thing I will say that pisses me off about this is the PH hit versions where they include DLC that early adopters still have to pay for. For example, Mass Effect for the 360. I bought the CE day 1 for $79.99 as a GS exclusive. Then, 2 years later when they released the PH version for $19.99, it included DLC packs that I still had to pay for. It would have been nice for them just to release the PH version for $19.99 and make the DLC free since everyone who bought the game before that version came out could be considered an early adopter.

Of course, you won't hear me bitchin' about them adding extra content to a re-release, I just think it should be made free for early adopters.

Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]

That's never going to happen because early adopters are the same people who are willing to pay good money for DLC. The people who paid $80 for the CE are the people who won't think twice about paying for DLC. The only solution is to not be an early adopter.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Only thing I will say that pisses me off about this is the PH hit versions where they include DLC that early adopters still have to pay for. For example, Mass Effect for the 360. I bought the CE day 1 for $79.99 as a GS exclusive. Then, 2 years later when they released the PH version for $19.99, it included DLC packs that I still had to pay for. It would have been nice for them just to release the PH version for $19.99 and make the DLC free since everyone who bought the game before that version came out could be considered an early adopter.

Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]
You paid extra to have it day one, so you shouldn't be too concerned with people getting that stuff for cheaper later on. It would definitely be a good idea for CEs to be more like the God of War Ascension CE, which includes a DLC pass that gives you all of the DLC that will be released for it.

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']So, looking at the PSN store, Journey is still $15, but is $11.99 for Plus members. Does the sale only pertain to Plus subscribers?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The discount is PS+ exclusive.

Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't make it free, because that'd make it easier on the people who buy it used. Well, that's 1 reason.

It's good to note franchises that you like and have those type of practices. As much as I like Capcom, I wait. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back