PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheHelix']Hmm I hope Wizorb comes out on Saturday? I was gonna get it for PC but I'll pay the extra dollar for portability. Either way I'll buy it when it comes out.

Source: http://www.gamezone.com/products/wizorb[/QUOTE]
It's a placeholder date. They were hoping to get it out in June. Maybe they're waiting for Vita QA to be done so it's on everything at once.

[quote name='jondier']Just got Darkside, Megaman, and Monster Hunter. Do people still play monster hunter online?[/QUOTE]

There is no online aside from adhoc

[quote name='jondier']Just got Darkside, Megaman, and Monster Hunter. Do people still play monster hunter online?[/QUOTE]

Monster Hunter doesn't have online except the PS2 (which the servers shut down iirc), PC, and Wii version. The PSP version only has adhoc. However, you can play online if you have a PS3 and set up adhoc party. Another way is to install XLink Kai onto your PC (I think that's what its called), however, I experience a lot of lag through this. Both of these methods either requires you to have the primary internet connection to the ethernet (or if you have 2 things that can connect to Wifi on the PC for XLink Kai), and use the Wifi to connect to the PSP. I'm not sure if these methods would work with the Vita. I am currently away from my PS3 right now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a placeholder date. They were hoping to get it out in June. Maybe they're waiting for Vita QA to be done so it's on everything at once.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm bummed out there's no release but oh well at least I got Lego Batman 2/Dragon's Dogma to tide me over.

Awesome to see Skullgirls on sale. Totally getting that. Still not sure if I wanna get Journey on sale or just wait for the Collector's Edition to be on sale for about $20 and get all the bonus stuff with it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's because they don't have to. Early adopters are willing to pay a premium to have the latest good as soon as possible and they tend to be the more loyal customers. Whining that you're being treated poorly as an early adopter is fuckin stupid.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Would agree even more were it possible.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Nice exaggeration there, sunshine. Way to take it extremely out of context. I'm saying PS Plus users should get Vita-related perks too. I dont see how this.can be debated.by any decent-minded consumer/Vita owner. I pay them money, so I'm entitled to speak my concerns and wishes

"PS Plus wasn't meant to be a program for Sony's handhelds."

Um, says who? Did you get in on some Sony meeting I wasnt invited to? It's all part of the same PSN account, so it's pretty obvious. Oh, and Plus.was out before Vita was even gold for that matter, let alone leaked, so why would they say that before even having a handheld?

You're words are hogwash[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']Vita isn't Sony's first handheld, you know. The fact that they hardly ever have PS+ sales dedicated to Vita and/or PSP supports his statement.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tsel.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i try not to buy anything on psn til a sale. except cod dlc.
kinda sucks for games like hoard and a few others. [/QUOTE]

Hoard's been on sell before, it's really awesome too.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Only thing I will say that pisses me off about this is the PH hit versions where they include DLC that early adopters still have to pay for. For example, Mass Effect for the 360. I bought the CE day 1 for $79.99 as a GS exclusive. Then, 2 years later when they released the PH version for $19.99, it included DLC packs that I still had to pay for. It would have been nice for them just to release the PH version for $19.99 and make the DLC free since everyone who bought the game before that version came out could be considered an early adopter.

Of course, you won't hear me bitchin' about them adding extra content to a re-release, I just think it should be made free for early adopters.

Just sayin'...[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sounding 100% rational in your argument, and not coming off as entitled. However, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you 100%. The key words in your statement are "2 years", as in you had 2 years to own the game and the opportunity go buy the DLC. The $40-$80 premium (depending how you look at it) that you paid was for those 2 years.

99.99% of games are going to get cheaper over time, just like the vast majority of other objects available for purchase. We all (should) know this. Once a certain amount of time passes, publishers are going to need to do more to convince people to buy their games. Sometimes they lower prices, sometimes they add content, and sometimes they do both. But what they don't need to do is award early adopters with anything (they have already had their reward, in your case it was playing the game over the last 2 years).

aww dang. i do have a ps3 but i dont know how ad hoc works. also is it hard to play MH by yourself? never played it before.

Did anyone else get the DLC tables for Pinball Arcade? I can play them on the Vita, but for the PS3 they seem to be just a 100 KB unlock code. There's no way to update the title, no way to buy DLC in-game and no apparent way to download the new tables I just bought on the PS3.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Some awesome new free Avatars! Love the Akira and Sarah ones.[/quote]
Is there any reason on God's Green Earth why we have to puchase and download each of those 15 avatars individually? They sell avatar bundles together, but if we want to get all the free ones together, (and of course we do), we have to spend 5-10 minutes selecting, purchasing and downloading each one indivually. Why exactly?

[quote name='Decker']Is there any reason on God's Green Earth why we have to puchase and download each of those 15 avatars individually? They sell avatar bundles together, but if we want to get all the free ones together, (and of course we do), we have to spend 5-10 minutes selecting, purchasing and downloading each one indivually. Why exactly?[/QUOTE]

I hate downloading avatars, such a pain.

[quote name='Decker']Did anyone else get the DLC tables for Pinball Arcade? I can play them on the Vita, but for the PS3 they seem to be just a 100 KB unlock code. There's no way to update the title, no way to buy DLC in-game and no apparent way to download the new tables I just bought on the PS3.
[/QUOTE]

Re-download and re-install the PS3 demo and full game unlock. The developer says that something got messed up and the PS3 doesn't know that there's a new version available. They say it won't happen again.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Is Mega man maverick X worth the five bucks?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that game is a lot of fun. Its not as hard as the NES megaman games or megaman 9 or 10, but it is still a great game.

Isn't it supposed to be harder given all the new abilities?

Also, let this be a sad reminder Maverick Hunter X is the only legitimate way to play Mega Man Powered Up on your Vita in the U.S.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Isn't it supposed to be harder given all the new abilities?

Also, let this be a sad reminder Maverick Hunter X is the only legitimate way to play Mega Man Powered Up on your Vita in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

You got me excited there for a second. The only time I have seen Maverick Hunter X with Mega Man Powered Up was when Gamestop had the UMD bundle listed on their site. As of now there is no way to play Mega Man Powered Up on your Vita at all since it isn't on the PSN store in the US. I still have the original MMPU UMD and my PSP but it would still be nice to have a digi version on my Vita. Ah well

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Is Mega man maverick X worth the five bucks?[/QUOTE]

I bought it on a whim last night, and it's pretty damn good.

What's up with PS+ discounts recently? First all the Sonic games didn't have extra percent off for PS+, and that's a disappointing price for Journey and Skullgirls. Kinda fizzled after the insane giveaway start to the month.

What did they add to MM Maverick Hunter X that wasn't in MMX. I know they changed the graphics and such.

I have the Megaman X collection and I am debating if Maverick Hunter X is worth the $5 or not.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']What did they add to MM Maverick Hunter X that wasn't in MMX. I know they changed the graphics and such.

I have the Megaman X collection and I am debating if Maverick Hunter X is worth the $5 or not.[/QUOTE]

I found this on GameFAQs:

Upon booting up the game for the first time, fans of the original will instantly recognize a number of key changes.

First and foremost, a new graphics engine was implemented. Gone are the 2D sprites moving on "layered" flat backgrounds. Everything is now made in 3D! Sprites (X, Zero and the Maverick Bosses in particular) are very detailed and the animations are now great to watch (you'll see what I mean after you kill your first Maverick Boss).
A new playable character is introduced in Vile. Fans will remember Vile as a powerful yet relatively minor character in the original game, only appearing in a couple of scenes: one near the beginning and another time right near the end of the game. Through the different cut scenes and the actual game itself, we get to know more of the motives behind Vile and how he fits into the X Saga. More on Vile later on.
X's stages have been changed a bit though not by that much. The most significant change is the swapping of the locations of the armor upgrades. This change I was, I think, made them a bit easier to obtain but that is just my opinion.
Overall difficulty of the game is somewhat on the easy side. The included X's Normal mode should be easy to cruise through if you're a veteran Megaman X player. If not, you should still be able to play through the said mode in a couple of days. Hard Mode is more at par with the original but still a bit easier. I would have hoped that they instead labeled Normal Mode as "Easy", Hard Mode as "Normal", and created a really hard "Hard" Mode. Difficulty is something that the current generations of games has been a bit lacking I think (with the exception of the Zero games for the GBA as well as the hellish Megaman Powered Up!).
You will now able to "Escape" even non-completed stages and go back to the Stage Select screen. They probably realized that it was a common tactic for beginners to get upgrades/power-ups from stages then forcing stage select via suicide :) (well I know I did that).
A number of few new albeit minor features were added as well such as the inclusion of a save feature (for newer gamers, believe it or not older games never allowed you to save as is a limitation of the systems involved) to replace the Password system, and the inclusion of Free Play Mode which is essentially your last save game with all bosses revived for play through again (very handy for FAQ making). Note that in Free Play Mode, Vile's equipping limit is removed (you'll understand this later on in the FAQ).
Upon completion of the game, you will be treated to a 20 minute long movie featuring the start of the conflict between Reploids and Mavericks. Sigma's turning is detailed as well as the motives behind this.

[quote name='GUNNM']tl/dr version
Better graphics/ You can play as vile/difficulty modes pretty much it[/QUOTE]

Oops, I should have put that. I forgot how hard reading is.

I dunno, the SNES graphics were perfect for a game like Mega Man X. It's like trying to improve perfection.

The only thing I'd be interested in is the Vile mode is that's any fun.

From a guy who still has the megaman x snes game and beats it a couple of times a year (i can do it in a couple of hours easy, if even that) the psp remake is decent, a little to easy but still fun and the vile mode is not that bad either...RECOMMENDABLE!!!

Argh, couldn't help myself. Picked up Mega Man Maverick Hunter X and MHFU, even though I'll never get around to playing them.

How much is the PS+ discount on Journey? It's 11.99 now, what is it normally?

My PS+ lapsed and I have a one month code but I want to figure out should if it's worth activating it now.

Also, anyone know (Frisky?) if there's solid rumors of a repeat of last year's anniversary promotion getting extra months for PS+ one year subscription?

[quote name='AoA']How much is the PS+ discount on Journey? It's 11.99 now, what is it normally?[/QUOTE]

Normally 14.99, it's a 20% off d/c for +.

There is a demo available for Journey now icydk. That's how I know I'm not buying it (for now).

If I bought PS+ now, but didn't download the game for June right away (Just Cause 2, LBP 2, etc), would they still be available free for me later on - like in July or August? - or even the whole year, as long as my PS+ membership lasted? Or do you have to download the free games the month they are offered and then that's it, no more chances?

The current deals really tempt me, but my PS3 HD is low on space and it might take me some time to clear things off - or install a new HD.

[quote name='imacjenn']If I bought PS+ now, but didn't download the game for June right away (Just Cause 2, LBP 2, etc), would they still be available free for me later on - like in July or August? - or even the whole year, as long as my PS+ membership lasted? Or do you have to download the free games the month they are offered and then that's it, no more chances?

The current deals really tempt me, but my PS3 HD is low on space and it might take me some time to clear things off - or install a new HD.[/QUOTE]

Like whitereflection said, just click purchase, but you don't have to download them, after that they remain free to you as long as your plus sub is active.

[quote name='whitereflection']You only have to click "Download" to add it to your account, then "Continue Shopping". You can then download it whenever you want.[/QUOTE]

great! thanks, whitereflection and Rippn!

[quote name='Josh1billion']Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix on sale for $4.99 -- what is it normally, $9.99?[/QUOTE]

Ya. Also, no trophies, if that sort of thing bugs you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back