PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pacman is badass, really excited to try the other two games. I seriously don't know how everyone is not a ps plus subscriber, especially when a bunch of douches buy map packs for like 50 bucks. Killzone 2 is still better than any battlefield, cod, or modern turdfare.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Getting 100% trophies takes much longer because you have to clear all the time trials and score attacks.

As long as I get 100% trophies before a game goes free for Plus, I'm fine with paying for it.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know they had a different list, though it seems to have three more items:

100 Point Pac-Dots
Play until the value of a single Pac-Dot exceeds 100 points without losing a single life.

Time Trial Completed
Finish every course's Time Trial!

Score Attack Completed
Finish every course's Score Attack!

I'll have to play more of the XBLA version to see how much more work that would require. It's weird that they'd add trophies rather than adjust values to use up all of the points that they're allowed.

I was also wondering why all the game sites had given Pac Man such high praise considering how old and simple the game is, until I played it. They really did add a lot of new content and some cool snazzy effects to the original game. I thought it was a lot of fun for the $5 or so I paid for it.

I still wish more people would talk about and play Renegade Ops though. Great game!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Didn't know they had a different list, though it seems to have three more items:

100 Point Pac-Dots
Play until the value of a single Pac-Dot exceeds 100 points without losing a single life.

Time Trial Completed
Finish every course's Time Trial!

Score Attack Completed
Finish every course's Score Attack!

I'll have to play more of the XBLA version to see how much more work that would require. It's weird that they'd add trophies rather than adjust values to use up all of the points that they're allowed.[/QUOTE]

The 100 point Pac Dots is really easy. The Time Trials and Score Attacks aren't hard, they just take time. 15 min for each level for the score attacks and there are 104 total time trials.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']How underwhelming. 3 mediocre PSN games and they hype it up like it's amazing. Pac_man? Really? That might have been great news 25 years ago..lol.[/QUOTE]

probably the worst post i've read all day

[quote name='TortillaSoup']probably the worst post i've read all day[/QUOTE]

The sense of entitlement is ridiculous- ps+ has already gone above and beyond providing free games and discounts to make the service a stealP

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']The sense of entitlement is ridiculous- ps+ has already gone above and beyond providing free games and discounts to make the service a stealP[/QUOTE]

It's funny reading the PS Blog comments saying shit like "this month sucks compared to last month!" I think people really thought we were gonna get 12 new games every month.

I just signed up for plus last week. Seems totally worth every cent. I'll take another 3 free games Thanks! Can't wait until we see VITA stuff added.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I just noticed the real last paragraph of the PS+ post and they hint at launch deals for Dyad, Dust 514 beta for PS+, and some more launch day deals.[/QUOTE]
I think the beta is going to be for Far Cry 3. That beta was announced to happen in the summer and usually betas from Ubisoft end up being available for PS+ members.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's funny reading the PS Blog comments saying shit like "this month sucks compared to last month!" I think people really thought we were gonna get 12 new games every month.[/QUOTE]

Ya I laughed every time I read that in the comments, which was a lot. The commentors on that blog are generally awful, I sometimes feel sorry for Morgan.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']probably the worst post i've read all day[/QUOTE]

Ignore the guy that posted that, at least in this thread anyway. He has been hating on PS+ since forever.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's funny reading the PS Blog comments saying shit like "this month sucks compared to last month!" I think people really thought we were gonna get 12 new games every month.[/QUOTE]
What's funny is the "CAG" boards are more than ok with just 3 free games. You'd think we'd be the worst about it... I was expecting them to roll out 1 "retail" game and 1 PSN game each month but I'll take 3 PSN games if they're all this level of quality. I probably already own or have played any of the retail games they'd release anyway.

[quote name='LouieT']I think the beta is going to be for Far Cry 3. That beta was announced to happen in the summer and usually betas from Ubisoft end up being available for PS+ members.[/QUOTE]
The closed Dust 514 beta is going on right now will be going into open beta soon, so I see that being the likely candidate. Sony betas are also quite often available for PS+ members, so we have a stalemate.

Well I knew it was going to happen but I already bought Pac-Man and Renegade Ops for the 360. Good games though and I will most likely play Pac man again for the trophies. The Gotham City Demo was alright but I will definitely give it a go for free.

Hot damn, Pac-Man CE DX for free? Cannot wait to download that tomorrow. Hopefully, using the PS3's D-Pad will provide a much better experience than using the 360 controller.

Can't wait to hear what the 2nd 1/2 of the month will consist of for PS+

Wow! Another great month for plus. I already own all 3 new games, and let me tell you they are great!

Gotham City Imposters is such a crazy, unique fps. Its awesome :D.

I actually didn't know Gotham City Impostors was an FPS. I thought it was some type of car game or somethin, but after checking out some gameplay videos of it, I'm very interested now, especially since the online community is gonna get much more popular once it hits Plus.

I can definitely say that going through all of the time trials will be annoying, mostly because the game doesn't boot you back to the menu or take you right to the next time trial. It lets you quickly replay the same time trial, so you have to back out and start up the next time trial first. It also requires more work just to unlock the last few courses, so my 100% XBLA version still doesn't have the last few opened up and it doesn't seem like playing time trials will help unlock them.

Awesome uppdate. I have Pac-Man (awesome), but look forward to Renegade Ops. GCI is something I'd never buy, but I'll give it a try.

On this last day be sure and get Hard Corp and VF5, both great games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya I laughed every time I read that in the comments, which was a lot. The commentors on that blog are generally awful, I sometimes feel sorry for Morgan.[/QUOTE]

I thought the 12 free games were just a bonus and would be going back down to normal levels after a month. From reading the comments on the PS Blog one of the admins mentioned that it would be 12 titles with new ones rotating in from time to time. That was news to me.

I'll never complain about free games. It could be 1 or 12. Free is free and free is good.

People will always complain though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can definitely say that going through all of the time trials will be annoying, mostly because the game doesn't boot you back to the menu or take you right to the next time trial. It lets you quickly replay the same time trial, so you have to back out and start up the next time trial first. It also requires more work just to unlock the last few courses, so my 100% XBLA version still doesn't have the last few opened up and it doesn't seem like playing time trials will help unlock them.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad. You just hit O and it brings you right back to the list of time trials, it takes like half a second, and all you have to do to unlock the next course is complete the 5 minute score attack of the currently unlocked course.

[quote name='omyard']I thought the 12 free games were just a bonus and would be going back down to normal levels after a month. From reading the comments on the PS Blog one of the admins mentioned that it would be 12 titles with new ones rotating in from time to time. That was news to me.

I'll never complain about free games. It could be 1 or 12. Free is free and free is good.

People will always complain though.[/QUOTE]

After thinking about it, I'm fine if this is how it stays. We used to just get one PSN game per month, I'd much rather get three, especially if they're the more expensive ones like Gotham City and Renegade Ops (which I'm pretty sure are both $15 games). I'm totally fine with them getting rid of the Minis and although I'll miss the PS1 Classics, I think they stopped giving those away awhile ago. What I hope doesn't happen is say next month, they get rid of three Blu-Ray games and then add another three Blu-Ray games. I have no interest in those, so that'll kinda be like a wasted month for me. As long as we get at least one PSN game in the rotation every month (even if I already have it), I'm good.

It's still annoying when it requires you to play about ten of them for each course to get that trophy. It's a lot more grinding compared to the XBLA version since it's not the best part of that game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's still annoying when it requires you to play about ten of them for each course to get that trophy. It's a lot more grinding compared to the XBLA version since it's not the best part of that game.[/QUOTE]

Well, wait till the Half course which has 24 of them, haha, I actually liked the time trials though. It helps that most of them are only 30-45 seconds long.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Well, wait till the Half course which has 24 of them, haha, I actually liked the time trials though. It helps that most of them are only 30-45 seconds long.[/QUOTE]
They don't change much between them on a single course, so it gets to be tedious to be playing essentially the same thing over and over again with a different amount of apples to get each time.

I prefer the normal arcade mode since that's where it's most like Pac-Man CE on steroids.

i hope they realize how bad far cry 2 multiplayer was and go from there. the controls and gunplay weren't any good imo. it was more designed for single player not frantic deathmatches...

Thanks for the updates Frisky

The Instant Game Collection is pretty brilliant. To any new subscriber it'll always be 12 free games on sign up. While still giving older members new content. That said, I'm utterly shocked I don't see that many new people on my friend list signing up.

Rainbow Moon looks like a very deep RPG at 40-60hrs. With a trophy wanting 100hrs of playtime, there must be a lot of extra side quests. Unfortunately only IGN has a review up at the moment, but you can't go wrong with a $15 DL title that has more content than FF13-2 I guess.

[quote name='gettinmoney662'] We used to just get one PSN game per month, I'd much rather get three ...[/QUOTE]

And, unless I misunderstood (which is totally possible/probable), this was just for the first half of the month. So we're likely to get more free games in the second half, right?

[quote name='Backlash']And, unless I misunderstood (which is totally possible/probable), this was just for the first half of the month. So we're likely to get more free games in the second half, right?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. Discounts and themes/avatars haven't been listed so we'll get those, but I wouldn't count on any more new games. Granted, I'd love to be proven wrong.

[quote name='Backlash']And, unless I misunderstood (which is totally possible/probable), this was just for the first half of the month. So we're likely to get more free games in the second half, right?[/QUOTE]

While there's no specific pattern, it seems to be every other week when it comes to the free games. Last week there were none (right?), this week will have three. My hunch is that there won't be any next week but we can always hope.

[quote name='omyard']I thought the 12 free games were just a bonus and would be going back down to normal levels after a month. From reading the comments on the PS Blog one of the admins mentioned that it would be 12 titles with new ones rotating in from time to time. That was news to me.

People will always complain though.[/QUOTE]The 12 games were pretty much a special related to E3 to get people to try out PS+, especially since they gave everyone there in the press conference a free year.

But yeah, people shouldn't be expecting around 12 games each month. On average, I think we get about 3 per month if we're lucky, & that's still nice of them to do that.

So Gotham is multiplayer ONLY?
Pass.

Only Pac-Man for me this month then. Happy others are going to play RenOps, but I'd be lying if I said i wasnt disappointed.
This, IMO, is the stingiest month (so far) since I joined in November. I don't expect there to be 12 games a month, but I don't like the fact now that these same games are going to be there for the next month or two.
Now the most exciting part of the Store page will be the Expiring Soon section.
Bah!

Here are all of the facts about the PS+ game offerings before and including the Instant Game Collection overhaul:

July 2011 - 2 PSN games, 1 PS1 game, 3 Minis = 6 games
August 2011 - 2 PSN games, 1 PS1 game, 3 Minis = 6 games
September 2011 - 3 PSN games, 4 PS1 games, 2 Minis = 9 games
October 2011 - 4 PSN games, 1 PS1 game, 5 Minis = 10 games
November 2011 - 1 PSN game, 4 PS1 games, 5 Minis = 10 games
December 2011 - 1 Retail game, 1 PSN game, 3 PS1 games, 3 Minis = 8 games
January 2012 - 2 PSN games (1 Episodic Series), 3 PS1 games, 2 Minis = 7 games
February 2012 - 1 Retail game, 13 PSN games, 1 PS1 game, 2 Minis = 17 games
March 2012 - 1 Retail game, 1 PSN game, 1 PS1 game, 1 Mini = 4 games
April 2012 - 1 Retail game, 2 PSN games, 1 PS1 game, 3 Mini = 7 games
May 2012 - 3 PSN games, 2 PS1 games, 2 Minis = 7 games
June 2012 - 6 Retail games, 6 PSN games, 1 Mini = 13 games
July 2012 - 3 PSN games = 3 games

Before the E3 announcements, we averaged 8.3 games per month. Of that monthly allotment, we averaged 3.1 PSN games, 2 PS1 games, 2.8 Minis per month, and .4 retail games per month.

We don't know anything about the regular schedule after the recent overhaul, so I wouldn't assume anything until they say so.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']While there's no specific pattern, it seems to be every other week when it comes to the free games. Last week there were none (right?), this week will have three. My hunch is that there won't be any next week but we can always hope.[/QUOTE]
You're overlooking the fact that we haven't had new games added since June 4, so there hasn't been enough time to figure out what their pattern is yet since they hit the reset button on PS+. Also, we know for a fact that there are no games coming next week for PS+ since they announced the schedule earlier today.

Technically, GCI is not a multiplayer only game.

It's five or six levels all have bronze, silver, and gold challenges to complete using the various gadgets in the game.

Obviously it is a side attraction to the main game, but its still there.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Rainbow Moon looks like a very deep RPG at 40-60hrs. With a trophy wanting 100hrs of playtime, there must be a lot of extra side quests. Unfortunately only IGN has a review up at the moment, but you can't go wrong with a $15 DL title that has more content than FF13-2 I guess.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, much/most of those 100 hours are probably to be spent grinding, I'd imagine. It's a strategy RPG as opposed to a traditional JRPG, so I'm thinking that getting 100% will be similar to getting 100% on Disgaea 3 and 4: lots and lots of powerleveling on the way for the completionists. In Disgaea 3 and 4, you spent ~30 hours in the main story, and then there are hundreds of hours of post-game content after that, 90%+ of which time is spent grinding in order to beat the high-level enemies that are in that post-game content. Maybe we will see something similar here.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Rainbow Moon looks like a very deep RPG at 40-60hrs. With a trophy wanting 100hrs of playtime, there must be a lot of extra side quests. Unfortunately only IGN has a review up at the moment, but you can't go wrong with a $15 DL title that has more content than FF13-2 I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yup, looks like I need to grab a $20 PSN Card with my Best Buy credit. Should work perfectly for Closure this week and Rainbow Moon next week.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Probably not. Discounts and themes/avatars haven't been listed so we'll get those, but I wouldn't count on any more new games. Granted, I'd love to be proven wrong.[/QUOTE]

I think gettinmoney is right. My guess is we'll get new free games at the beginning of the month, and discounts/avatars/themes/Minis will just kind of trickle in throughout the month.

In regards to the discounts, it does make waiting for each update on Tuesday a little bit more exciting.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Here are all of the facts about the PS+ game offerings before and including the Instant Game Collection overhaul:

Before the E3 announcements, we averaged 8.3 games per month. Of that monthly allotment, we averaged 3.1 PSN games, 2 PS1 games, 2.8 Minis per month, and .4 retail games per month.[/QUOTE]

Great numbers, thanks for sharing. But there's an outlier in there that really inflates the free PSN number. I don't think any of us can explain what happened in Feb 2012...

[quote name='Josh1billion']Hmm, much/most of those 100 hours are probably to be spent grinding, I'd imagine. It's a strategy RPG as opposed to a traditional JRPG, so I'm thinking that getting 100% will be similar to getting 100% on Disgaea 3 and 4: lots and lots of powerleveling on the way for the completionists. In Disgaea 3 and 4, you spent ~30 hours in the main story, and then there are hundreds of hours of post-game content after that, 90%+ of which time is spent grinding in order to beat the high-level enemies that are in that post-game content. Maybe we will see something similar here.[/QUOTE]

Disgaea isn't the norm for SRPGs. In other SRPGs, you don't typically level to level 1000 so you can beat a demon overlord.

It's probably more standard -- long battles with significant time spent customizing and planning.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Great numbers, thanks for sharing. But there's an outlier in there that really inflates the free PSN number. I don't think any of us can explain what happened in Feb 2012...[/QUOTE]
It was the original Instant Game Collection, when we had 12 PSN games added that stuck around until E3.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9375195&postcount=8550
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9397934&postcount=8570

Altered Beast
Battle Fantasia
Comix Zone
Fatal Inertia
Golden Axe
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars

Excited about Gotham City Imposters. Almost bought that on xbla a few weeks ago during a sale. Hope we get some unannounced additions to the sale tomorrow.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Here are all of the facts about the PS+ game offerings before and including the Instant Game Collection overhaul:

Before the E3 announcements, we averaged 8.3 games per month. Of that monthly allotment, we averaged 3.1 PSN games, 2 PS1 games, 2.8 Minis per month, and .4 retail games per month.[/QUOTE]

I can definitely see how this new PS+ is "bigger and better" LMAO

Thanks for the numbers Frisky, you should post this on the blog cast page.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yup, I did 3 times. One piece of advice if you do plan to post over there, just go down to the comment box and post. Don't bother reading the comments, most of them sound so entitled it's cringe-inducing.[/QUOTE]
The Playstation 3 firmware update blog post comment sections are just as bad. It's usually 90-95% tweens n under whining for 'give us cross game chat' or begging for other features.

Of course, my posts on there usually consist of 'stop fuckin' updating this shit with useless garbage & make the updates optional EVERY time cept for the portions that add to system stability'.;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was the original Instant Game Collection, when we had 12 PSN games added that stuck around until E3.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9375195&postcount=8550
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9397934&postcount=8570

Altered Beast
Battle Fantasia
Comix Zone
Fatal Inertia
Golden Axe
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars[/QUOTE]

And half of those games had already been PS+ freebies.

Awesome, getting Pac-Man Championship Edition Deluxe for free for being a Playstation Plus member!

Already have the regular/non-DX version on 360 so this is a nice freebie. Going to get Crysis for less than $10.

Edit: Looks like my PS+ subscription is going to expire in less than a week. I'll renew it again if the PS+ deals are even better for next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
If i leave ps+ for a month and come back to it, will all my free games from the past year still be there or will they all disappear for good?

[quote name='inkcil']If i leave ps+ for a month and come back to it, will all my free games from the past year still be there or will they all disappear for good?[/QUOTE]

It'll be playable once you subscripe again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back