PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='keit2208']Undead.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that BLOPS zombies is still pretty active on PSN?

Anyone here with the zombies map pack already know if people with those maps are still active and playing them?

[quote name='waldo21212']Do you mean that BLOPS zombies is still pretty active on PSN?
[/QUOTE]

Oh boy.

Got Persona 3. From what I've read it'll be good to start there versus 1.

Still debating on 4 other games. Can't decide if I want Crysis on PS3. I paid $10 for it on pc, beat it, and sold it and got my money back, so I might just get it on a pc sale, since its regularly $5ish. After playing it on PC, and then playing 2 on a console, I don't see how it could be better on PS3 if you have a choice.

Picked up Crysis 1. Looks like utter crap compared to crysis 2 ps3 and crysis 1 PC, but still worth another run for trophies and nostalgia

[quote name='Zonic505']Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins coming to XBLA/PSN this Sept. for $15. Contains Marvel Super Heroes & Marvel Vs. Capcom with graphics filters, dynamic challenges, & online play with spectator modes and replay saving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zM8Ga--dcAI[/QUOTE]

Meh, great games, but it would feel weird to go back and play after 2, especially 3 lol. Needless to say ill buy for nostalgia though

I guess Sega's new plan is to bring as many of their old games to PSN/XBLA as they can. So that Shenmue 1/2 HD rumor may eventually happen, though I don't think the original rumor was true.

Infamous: Festival of Blood is pretty badass. I had wanted to pick that up several months ago, but waited out a sale. For under 5 bucks it's well worth it. Need more vampire games!

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Infamous: Festival of Blood is pretty badass. I had wanted to pick that up several months ago, but waited out a sale. For under 5 bucks it's well worth it. Need more vampire games![/QUOTE]

Call of Duty: Twilight?

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Wait, why is Persona 2 more expensive than 3? Is it a better game?[/QUOTE]

Persona 2 on PSP is only a year old, the other 2 were released on PSP 2-3 years ago.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Infamous: Festival of Blood is pretty badass. I had wanted to pick that up several months ago, but waited out a sale. For under 5 bucks it's well worth it. Need more vampire games![/QUOTE]
About how long is it?

[quote name='TheHelix']Call of Duty: Twilight?[/QUOTE]

Well if u can deal with having to do lots of patching, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines on PC is $5-$10 & is pretty decent.

There's also the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim when it comes out in a month or so on PS3.

[quote name='mrclutch']About how long is it?[/QUOTE]

It's fairly short, I think it took me all of 3 hours to beat it (I got all the trophies but the UGC realted one).

Also, no platinum if that's something you care about.

I've read as quick as 3 hours and as long as 7 hours. Depends on if you just try and run through it or if you try to get everything to get 100% complete. Worth the money.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well if u can deal with having to do lots of patching, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines on PC is $5-$10 & is pretty decent.

There's also the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim when it comes out in a month or so on PS3.[/QUOTE]

can i ask where you got the info on skyrim's dlc for ps3? i want to play that so bad to the point of considering getting another copy for the 360, but i just cant see myself putting in another 200 plus hrs. Im currently taking over all the guilds and just have the dark brotherhood and the blades left....i need my vampire fix as well...guess ill get bloodrayne 2 off psn and hope that it will hold me over...sorry for the rant.

[quote name='TheHelix']Call of Duty: Twilight?[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!!!
Stupid Twilight and their shimmering emo vampires. They ruined it for the rest of us. Maybe "Team Edward" members will eventually find a love for the deep and dark nature of the vampire. Or at least something closer to True Blood.

Must resist silly movie quote................

[quote name='waldo21212']It's fairly short, I think it took me all of 3 hours to beat it.[/QUOTE]

OMG!! making it difficult to resist!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Figures Persona 3 Portable would drop in price 3 days after I buy it. lol Still a great game.

How often does Gamestop's DLC sales update?

[quote name='whoknows']Any thoughts on Persona 1? I've heard differing things on it, so I'm not sure if I should try it or just skip to Persona 2.[/QUOTE]

It's really old-school. I keep playing it and not touching it for months. I haven't played Persona 2, but considering it came out in the same era, it probably isn't much different.

If you skip P1, you might as well skip to P3.

There are some added missions/challenges that Sucker Punch added later that you can play/download.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ok, so other than the Persona games (have those), what are the next top 3 Atlus game recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Some might not recommend it but Hexyz Force is a solid straight forward JRPG and worth 7.50. Riviera is good but different.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']What you guys think of Gotham City Impostors? I only played a couple matches of Fumigation but I think it's pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same. I wasn't expecting much but I can see myself coming back to it once in a while. It was the only new game to me for Plus this month and I'm enjoying it. With everyone getting it free for Plus as well the population isn't full of obsessive experts, as tends to be the case with most online shooters.

That being said, the Trophies are of the absurd time sink variety. That certainly doesn't make or break the game but for these endless multiplayer-only games it helps to give me some realistic goals aside from the new abilities, weapons, etc.

I'm enjoying Gotham City Imposters. Played the match where you pick up coins to score points, almost like kill confirmed on MW3 and team deathmatch. Fun stuff, def for free. Good lil shooter.

[quote name='elessar123']It's really old-school. I keep playing it and not touching it for months. I haven't played Persona 2, but considering it came out in the same era, it probably isn't much different.

If you skip P1, you might as well skip to P3.[/QUOTE]

Are you implying P3 is *not* "really old school"? I dont really know much about JRPGs, but I have played quite a bit of P3. Gameplay wise, I'd *think* that it would be considered old school. The graphics are good, but it's pretty conventional turn-based, rock-paper-scissors type combat.

I guess the changing personas could be considered a gameplay update. In any case, I like P3; story/sim side moreso than combat.

[quote name='hostyl1']Are you implying P3 is *not* "really old school"? I dont really know much about JRPGs, but I have played quite a bit of P3. Gameplay wise, I'd *think* that it would be considered old school. The graphics are good, but it's pretty conventional turn-based, rock-paper-scissors type combat.[/QUOTE]

You can definitely tell a difference between P1 and P3 though.

Random encounters also don't exist in P3.

How did this thread get to page 3!? Looks like a bump is in order...

Upgraded my PS3's hard drive from 40GB to 1TB today so that I can finally play all of these free PS+ games. :p Downloading is taking forever, even at a download rate of about 1mb/sec.

[quote name='Josh1billion']How did this thread get to page 3!? Looks like a bump is in order...

Upgraded my PS3's hard drive from 40GB to 1TB today so that I can finally play all of these free PS+ games. :p Downloading is taking forever, even at a download rate of about 1mb/sec.[/QUOTE]

Did this a couple weeks ago except with a 750GB HD. Well worth it! Downloading took the better part of a weekend for me. You can always set the console to shut off when downloading is finished. That's what I did over night.

So from what I understand the Summer Sale is this week only, correct? It would be awesome to see a continuation next week.

question im not sure was brought up:

NG3 DLC... there is an ultimate ninja bundle for 7 and change. is this temporary? what does it NOT include that is already up for sale? there are a ton of DLCs for this game, wondering if any of it is worth it either... thanks.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']question im not sure was brought up:

NG3 DLC... there is an ultimate ninja bundle for 7 and change. is this temporary? what does it NOT include that is already up for sale? there are a ton of DLCs for this game, wondering if any of it is worth it either... thanks.[/QUOTE]
"New downloadable content for the toughest ninja. Unlock the Ultimate Ninja play style to face the hardest gameplay challenges. Test your combat skills in two new Ultimate Trials. Enhance your online ninja with 2 new sets of armor and 4 new kinds of headgear. You will also get all of the content of Ninja Pack 1 Lite. Prove your shinobi skills with the Ultimate Ninja Pack!"

I think $7.xx is the normal price as well.

i know i read it. but does that include ninja pack 1 and 2? is there anything that this bundle is missing for DLC? can you get every DLC trophy/achieve with just that ultimate ninja dlc?

maybe it doesn't even include either of the other DLCs, it just calls it ultimate because its harder...

edit: searched ps3t and apparently they are all different. a big gob of money for the dlc on this game!

[quote name='Josh1billion']How did this thread get to page 3!? Looks like a bump is in order...

Upgraded my PS3's hard drive from 40GB to 1TB today so that I can finally play all of these free PS+ games. :p Downloading is taking forever, even at a download rate of about 1mb/sec.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Did this a couple weeks ago except with a 750GB HD. Well worth it! Downloading took the better part of a weekend for me. You can always set the console to shut off when downloading is finished. That's what I did over night.

So from what I understand the Summer Sale is this week only, correct? It would be awesome to see a continuation next week.[/QUOTE]

Is there a good deal on an HDD? I have an 80gb Metal Gear bundle and my space is gone

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i know i read it. but does that include ninja pack 1 and 2? is there anything that this bundle is missing for DLC? can you get every DLC trophy/achieve with just that ultimate ninja dlc?

maybe it doesn't even include either of the other DLCs, it just calls it ultimate because its harder...

edit: searched ps3t and apparently they are all different. a big gob of money for the dlc on this game![/QUOTE]

You know what was funny is the fact it was FREE when the game launched and now they charge $7 for it. How laughable is that...:roll:

[quote name='uncle5555']You know what was funny is the fact it was FREE when the game launched and now they charge $7 for it. How laughable is that...:roll:[/QUOTE]

People always talk about early adopters getting screwed. This is an example of early adopters getting love.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is July not a summer month anymore or somethin?[/QUOTE]

Is summer not longer than a month or something?

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Is summer not longer than a month or something?[/QUOTE]

You're seriously going to be that picky? Were you honestly expecting a 3 month long sale?

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Is summer not longer than a month or something?[/QUOTE]

A Summer Sale is a sale that happens at some point during the summer, not for the entire summer. Don't be an idiot.

A few weeks ago I got PS+, to try it out for 3 months, and I am kicking myself for not getting it for the whole year! Man, really awesome service. Never thought I'd pay for an online service through any console, but the way they are running it, it's a great deal. I look at it like a game rental service.

Already downloaded tons of games, but really enjoying Space Marine at the moment. I thought that game looked boring, but playing it has been awesome! I really suggest anyone on the fence about it to check it out. It's an amazing looking game, and has that great Warhammer feel! It can get a little repetitive, but it is just so fun! The shooting and the melee break up the action enough to make it an amazing ride!

Anyway, glad we didn't get Deus Ex: HR like EU did, got it cheap as well on disc, hehe.

Loving PS+!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/08/the-drop-week-of-july-9th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Rainbow Moon – The residents of Rainbow Moon who have found themselves in this sudden and unpleasant situation react suspiciously and even nastily, which certainly doesn’t make things any easier for our brave hero. There’s only one thing for Baldren to do: he has to seal the gate and warp himself back to his home planet. This is easier said than done, since the gate can only be sealed by a dimensional gate staff and no such object is available anywhere on Rainbow Moon. However Baldren knows that he can create one if he finds the right materials. He needs seven magical artifacts, said to be hidden deep inside Rainbow Moon’s dungeons.

Quantum Conundrum – In the first-person puzzle platformer Quantum Conundrum , players must use the unusual ability to shift dimensions to navigate the twisting corridors of Quadwrangle Manor. Players take on the role of a young kid dropped off on his uncle’s doorstep for the weekend; his uncle just so happens to be the brilliant, eccentric inventor, Professor Fitz Quadwrangle. Upon entering the Professor’s vast manor home retrofitted with crazy technology to test his latest hypotheses, players quickly realize their uncle has gone missing. Fortunately, players soon gain access to Professor Quadwrangle’s latest invention, the Inter-Dimensional Shift Device, which, at the press of a button, will shift the world around them to an entirely new dimension. In order to find him, players must use the newly found IDS Device to dynamically change the world to and from a variety of different dimensions to progress through the complicated Quadwrangle Manor.

Game of Thrones – Created in partnership with author George R. R. Martin, this role-playing adventure is inspired by the author’s award-winning, international bestselling A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy series (better known under its first book’s title, A Game of Thrones.)

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition – Frogger’s coin-op thrills are back and better than ever in Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition! The arcade excitement of Frogger returns in time for its 30th anniversary celebrations with updates that are sure to delight fans old and new.

Get Up and Dance – Get Up And Dance is the ultimate dancing game for everyone to play, whether you are the star performer or prefer to stay out of the limelight as a backing dancer, Get Up And Dance is for you. Featuring everything from classic funky disco tracks to current chart hits, all complete with their official videos, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!

NCAA Football 13 (Also on PSN) – With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.

PS3 Demos

Quantum Conundrum

minis

Arcade Pool

PSone Classic

Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse — Relive some of the greatest moments in Mickey Mouse’s acting career with Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse. Help Mickey fight a variety of enemies in six of his classic cartoons including “Steamboat Willey,” “The Mad Doctor,” “Moose Hunter,” “Lonesome Ghosts,” “Mickey and the Beanstalk,” and “The Prince and the Pauper.” Disney animators created thousands of frames of animation to bring the look and feel of the animated features to PlayStation. Experience Mickey in a more interactive form with Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse. This CD version features an incredible CD-quality soundtrack that matches the action and mood of each animated feature. The voice of Mickey Mouse also provides colorful commentary throughout the game.

PlayStation 2 Classic

Hannspree Ten Kate Honda SBK – An authentic motorbike racing experience, SBK Superbike World Championship features official tracks and all 14 teams and 22 riders of the SBK circuit. Experience the thrill and danger of high speed motorbike racing along side 21 opponents. Players have control over the level of simulation, starting off with multiple riding aids, then as you grow comfortable, you can crank up the reality and excitement! Race amazing bikes at high speed in variable weather conditions.

[quote name='Gulshog']
Already downloaded tons of games, but really enjoying Space Marine at the moment. I thought that game looked boring, but playing it has been awesome! I really suggest anyone on the fence about it to check it out. It's an amazing looking game, and has that great Warhammer feel! It can get a little repetitive, but it is just so fun! The shooting and the melee break up the action enough to make it an amazing ride!
[/QUOTE]

I played through before my PS+ expired and enjoyed it too, a little repetitive, but fun for what it was/is. Was worth one playthrough at least.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']What kind of HDD's are used on a "upgrade". Is it hard? I have an 80, but its all gone.[/QUOTE]

Usually any 2.5" notebook eSATA HDD will do. I have a 2 (a 650 and a 500) in both of my systems (60Gb and 160Gb) and they both work like a charm. Not very hard, if you don't have another system to transfer too, make sure all content tied directly to the system is backed up.

Read this for some help (the thread should help as well) saved it in case I ever needed to reference the information in it again.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5739768&postcount=243

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back