PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='o0achilles0o']PS Vita Sound Shapes is 970MB[/QUOTE]

Is it just me, or does that seem huge for a $12 seeming simple game?

Also, my raptr code is for Blockids. Whatever that is. May be interested in trade if someone gets something they dont want, PM me.

http://monkeypawgames.com/games/blockids/

[quote name='o0achilles0o']You could give me your account info and I could check for you ;)[/QUOTE]

You want my credit info too? I got GaiaSeed from Raptr.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Sound Shapes CAN be directly downloaded to the Vita from the PS Store.[/QUOTE]

Ummm... yes, of course it can as it's a Vita game. Was there ever any doubt about this?

I got Arcade Hits: Magical Drop from Raptr Rewards. Looks like a Tetris type clone with Tarot card characters, I'm intrigued. Also queued up the Walking Dead episodes to download with PS+.

Edit: saw Tyler's post after I submitted.

I got Arcade Hits: Magical Drop as well. It's pretty funny because about a year ago, I won a Facebook contest for 10 PSN games from MonkeyPaw and I'm pretty sure they were all the games featured in this reward. I think I kept one or two and sold the rest on CAG.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Ummm... yes, of course it can as it's a Vita game. Was there ever any doubt about this?[/QUOTE]Yes, I'm aware of that. But there was never the option to pre-order the game through the Vita. And there are other games, like certain PSP games, that have to be downloaded to the PS3 first and then transferred to the Vita. (Which you have the option of doing with Sound Shapes.)

I guess I personally wasn't quite sure and wanted to share the information.

[quote name='6er']Is it just me, or does that seem huge for a $12 seeming simple game?[/QUOTE]

Not to me, especially with all the music that's in the game.

[quote name='Tsel']I got Arcade Hits: Magical Drop as well. It's pretty funny because about a year ago, I won a Facebook contest for 10 PSN games from MonkeyPaw and I'm pretty sure they were all the games featured in this reward. I think I kept one or two and sold the rest on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm gonna throw mine on the trading thread, and if I don't get any bites I'll just redeem it before it expires, which is August 14 or something.

PS+ Expiring this week are Choplifter HD and Sideway, so maybe the 2 new games we get next week will both be PSN.

EDIT: Sorry, probably bad info from the PS Blog. Apparently 2 other games are expiring instead.

[quote name='zeldaking']You want my credit info too? I got GaiaSeed from Raptr.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, that was one of the imports that looked interesting. I got Daezemon Kids...is that the one where you can make your own shooter? Maybe that was just Daezemon. I'm probably spelling the name wrong.

[quote name='suddenlyissoon']Here's my code for some random PS2 Japanese game

TQ4A-9AN5-M8K9 - Kyuiin[/QUOTE]

You don't want it? :D

Here's my Kyuiin code:
Q8E7-EJNB-PMDH

I can't get these PS1 games to work right on my system; after fiddling with it for a dog's age, I could never get a game to actually save.

[quote name='warreni']Here's my Kyuiin code:
Q8E7-EJNB-PMDH

I can't get these PS1 games to work right on my system; after fiddling with it for a dog's age, I could never get a game to actually save.[/QUOTE]

Got it, thank you! At first I clicked redeem and it didn't give me a confirmation screen, so I thought I lost it at the very last second! But then I looked at my media tab and there it was!

Thanks again! :D

[quote name='tylerh1701']Got it, thank you! At first I clicked redeem and it didn't give me a confirmation screen, so I thought I lost it at the very last second! But then I looked at my media tab and there it was!

Thanks again! :D[/QUOTE]

Np. Glad to pass it on to someone who will use/enjoy it.

That's a whole lotta Two Worlds II jank for $10!

Anyone know the state of Two Worlds II's framerate? (I remember it being crap but that you could get into the console to tone stuff down and pump it back up a bit)

Hell it's worth $10 just for me to muck around in that console if it's still enabled.

[quote name='Bosamba']Expiring soon:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light
Just Cause 2[/QUOTE]

It says that on the PS Store? Because on the blog it says Sidways and Choplifter HD are expiring.

Here's the full list of what's expiring next week for PS+:

Deals
Mad Riders - $8.99
Sound Shapes - $11.99

Games
Hot Shots Golf 2 - PS3/PSP
International Track & Field - PS3/PSP
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Add-ons
Mad Riders - The Daredevil Map Pack

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Here's the full list of what's expiring next week for PS+:

Deals
Mad Riders - $8.99
Sound Shapes - $11.99

Games
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Stupid blog... ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Here's the full list of what's expiring next week for PS+:

Deals
Mad Riders - $8.99
Sound Shapes - $11.99

Games
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light[/QUOTE]
Very interesting. I wonder what they're replacing JC2 and Croft with...

did Raptr run out of codes already? it won't let me claim one (also says I don't qualify which doesn't make sense given I'm ranked Hardcore in Infamous and Amateur in Infamous 2 both of which are above Newbie)

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Very interesting. I wonder what they're replacing JC2 and Croft with...[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD like Europe received. I would have bought the original game for Xbox for $10.xx from Hollywood Video but it's one of the games that is not backwards compatible on the Xbox 360. (My original Xbox died and there was no way I was paying Microsoft $100+ to fix it.)

God the comments on the PS Blog are absolutely asinine again. And since when did Kristine Steimer (from IGN) start working for Sony?

[quote name='Bosamba']I'm hoping for Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD like Europe received. I would have bought the original game for Xbox for $10.xx from Hollywood Video but it's one of the games that is not backwards compatible on the Xbox 360. (My original Xbox died and there was no way I was paying Microsoft $100+ to fix it.)[/QUOTE]

Stranger's Wrath is really awesome, it was like 30% off in December and a snagged it and enjoyed it thoroughly. I could go for Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Odyssee (which has got to be coming out soon!) being our 2 other games for August, that would be totally awesome!

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Very interesting. I wonder what they're replacing JC2 and Croft with...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Deus Ex and Dead Space 2. EU got those, and I don't own either yet.

[quote name='tylerh1701']God the comments on the PS Blog are absolutely asinine again. And since when did Kristine Steimer (from IGN) start working for Sony?

Stranger's Wrath is really awesome, it was like 30% off in December and a snagged it and enjoyed it thoroughly. I could go for Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Odyssee (which has got to be coming out soon!) being our 2 other games for August, that would be totally awesome![/QUOTE]

She started there in the last few weeks. She was at Bioware before that after leaving IGN. Not sure what her job is actually. Community Manager?

guys thq needs a lot of help pls buy the overprice dlc :rofl:

Darksiders II

• Season Pass ($19.99) – Season Pass provides a discount on the Maker Armor Set (available now), The Abyssal Forge (available soon), and The Demon Lord Belial (available soon). Please note Season Pass does not include any content other than the three items listed above. Season Pass content should be accessed and downloaded in-game, or you may be charged twice. Visit darksiders.com for more details.

Here are this week's new deals (Full Update Here):

PS3
Infamous 2 - $39.99 - Permanent Price Drop
LittleBigPlanet 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Papo & Yo - $14.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme - Ends 8/14 w/Release
Payday: The Heist - $13.99
Payday: The Heist Wolfpack Bundle - $19.99 - 2.37 GB - Full Game + DLC
Super Stardust HD Game Bundle - $7.99
Two Worlds II Velvet Game of the Year Edition - $9.99

Minis
Normaltanks - $0.99

Add-ons
Super Stardust HD - Solo Add-on Pack - $3.19
Super Stardust HD - Team Add-on Pack - $3.19
Record of Agarest War 2 - Right to the Blacksmith Pack 9 - Free
Record of Agarest War 2 - Right to the Blacksmith Pack 10 - Free
Street Fighter X Tekken - Boost Gem Trial Pack 4 - Free
Street Fighter X Tekken - Color Palette Add-on 6 - Free

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Papo & Yo - $11.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme - Ends 8/21
Sound Shapes - $11.99 - Ends 8/14

Games
The Walking Dead Episode 1
The Walking Dead Episode 2

Dragon's Dogma Avatar Bundle 2 - $0.99

[quote name='cancerman1120']She started there in the last few weeks. She was at Bioware before that after leaving IGN. Not sure what her job is actually. Community Manager?[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I didn't even realize she wasn't at IGN anymore. Ya, I think her twitter said she's a CM.

Also, Super Stardust is a really awesome game! I'm debating the solo pack for $3.19. The full bundle (assuming it includes all the DLC) for $7.99 is a steal if you didn't get it free after the PSN mishap last year.

So i guess its almost a given that every telltale game ever made from now on will be free for plus at some point?

I was never going to buy the Walk Dead games, but now that they are free I will give them a whirl some time.

Does anyone know if Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition is one single download or if it's the game and each piece of DLC separately? I already have the vanilla version on disc, so it'd be nice for HDD space reasons if I could just get the DLC instead of the whole everything.

[quote name='wrencrest']So i guess its almost a given that every telltale game ever made from now on will be free for plus at some point?

I was never going to buy the Walk Dead games, but now that they are free I will give them a whirl some time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, smart (& patient) PS+ members would probably be better served not paying for Telltale games. Sega seems to be a pretty strong PS+ contributor as well, so patience on those games may really pay off as well.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']Does anyone know if Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition is one single download or if it's the game and each piece of DLC separately? I already have the vanilla version on disc, so it'd be nice for HDD space reasons if I could just get the DLC instead of the whole everything.[/QUOTE]

I would think that each piece of DLC is separate, but can't confirm. Was wrong, as usual. Sorry :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back