PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Derextreme']i honestly have no idea. mine is still sealed, haha. tried to get the 360 version with my coupon, but they were all gone when i got there.[/QUOTE]
When did you head there to get it though? The coupons been active since July sometime. I was shocked when I checked my closest store recently and still found two PS3 versions sitting on a low shelf in the PS3 section as of about two weeks ago.
[quote name='Captain Urahara']It was just the "Online Pass" that gave you the House of Valor questline and Shepard's Armor, and Omniblade daggers if you played the ME3 demo. This was universal between the PS3 and 360 versions for new copies though. Everything else is either pre-order stuff or paid DLC. The PS3 version didn't get anything the 360 version didn't.[/QUOTE]
I didn't think they released that much stuff for KOA since the game was essentially released & then the company went kablooie within six months or so.

I went ahead and grabbed Two Worlds II. I was a little unsure based on all the negative reviews, but did the 60 minute trial and $10 seems like a fair enough price.

So far I like Sound Shapes. I've beaten the first 2 worlds so far, and I can see it getting tricky, especially if Death Mode is what I think it is. Still, should be a fun plat.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I didn't think they released that much stuff for KOA since the game was essentially released & then the company went kablooie within six months or so.[/QUOTE]

Well truth be told the Online pass, all of that pre-order junk, and most of the small paid DLCs were probably done long before launch. There were only 2 "major" DLCs even though they weren't that major, and I'm sure large portions of both of those were done before or near launch. Then the studio sank like a rock.

Nice releases this week. I picked up the newly-added Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 today, as well as Record of Agarest War 2.

^as part of a share group here on CAG. $95 is way more than I'd be willing to pay for them, but $16 I can justify.

i went the day the coupons started. granted i was there later in the day cause i had to work, but all the 360 copies were gone with only 1 ps3 copy left. i never wait around for these deals, my area is loaded full of small time dealers and craigslist resellers. usually within 30 minutes of best buy opening they're cleared out.

Thanks for the reply. I went with Delta.

[quote name='flybrione']I bought Delta a long while ago and its great. I think its the best R-Type game in the series.
R-Types is the arcade version of R-Type and R-Type II. I have that on disc so I didn't buy it.

Of the two I recommend Delta I really enjoyed it and cant wait for PSone games to be playable on the vita so I can transfer it.[/QUOTE]

I am very interested in this game. If I can get a 1 month Playstation Plus trial, I will purchase this- otherwise I will wait for a sale.

yeah i just got the $10 legend of dead kel pirate dlc for koa, hope the giants dlc goes on sale, i would get that for $5.

also would love to get deus ex dlc for 50% off also, but idk. lots of those 360 sales never come to psn...

also hoping re orc's spec ops dlc goes 50% off soon, hopefully when re6 arrives? i want to play the other half of that game, but $20 seems steep.

[quote name='kingcobraSS']Is super stardust worth it? Ive heard great things and tried the demo but still not convinced...hmmm[/QUOTE]

I think it is. Think of it like geometry wars on crack and with sort of a story. I actually need to play through now to get the trophies.

A question for someone in the know : it shows Walking Dead Part 2 as "Add On Content". Does that mean I need to keep Part 1 on my HDD after I finish the game if I want to play Part 2?

[quote name='kingcobraSS']Is super stardust worth it? Ive heard great things and tried the demo but still not convinced...hmmm[/QUOTE]

if you love dual stick shooters, you'll absolutely love SS. it's amazing.

When the fuck are they going to incorporate Vita deals in PS+? Didn't they announce that at E3? Two months later and still nothing?

Don't get me wrong, I love PS+ but come on. I want too see some deals on Escape Plan or Super Stardust.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']When the fuck are they going to incorporate Vita deals in PS+? Didn't they announce that at E3? Two months later and still nothing?

Don't get me wrong, I love PS+ but come on. I want too see some deals on Escape Plan or Super Stardust.[/QUOTE]They have and very recently too. There were multiple Vita games at a discount for PS+ users during the Olympic sale. And then PS+ users have also been getting discounts on new digital Vita games that hit the PSN. Foosball 2012 and Sound Shapes being the perfect and most recent examples that come to mind. There just haven't been deals on the 2 games you mentioned, so quit whining.

[quote name='Decker']A question for someone in the know : it shows Walking Dead Part 2 as "Add On Content". Does that mean I need to keep Part 1 on my HDD after I finish the game if I want to play Part 2?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Yes you do.

Anybody pick up the Payday DLC? If so is it any good looking for a reason to get back into the game I'm such a cheap ass tho I always wait for something to go on sale or free before I get it just wondering if this one is worth the $10 or a wait on a sale type DLC

wish they brought the zombie map to ps3's payday, if that was included id be sold on the dlc. i got all 5 play games last year so payday was free, $10 seems steep for any kinda dlc.

yeah i also got it free, so 10 is a bit steep. and no discount for ps+ sucks.

just played an hour of sound shapes. so much fun. trip potential is high on this one cuz you can die over and over and there is no consequence at all so no frustration and multi checkpoints. so fun. i dont wanna burn through it too fast tho, already did 2 full albums out of 4, but no trophies cuz death mode and school beats dont unlock til after you finish campaign. dyad was fun, but pretty frustrating and not really a chillaxn game. peace all

[quote name='Rockinjs']Anybody pick up the Payday DLC? If so is it any good looking for a reason to get back into the game I'm such a cheap ass tho I always wait for something to go on sale or free before I get it just wondering if this one is worth the $10 or a wait on a sale type DLC[/QUOTE]

You can actually play the new maps if the host has the DLC. I haven't bought it yet cause I'm on vacation but I will be buyin it as soon as I get home.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You can actually play the new maps if the host has the DLC. I haven't bought it yet cause I'm on vacation but I will be buyin it as soon as I get home.[/QUOTE]

How good is PayDay? Two of my friends just got a PS3, and this seems like an ideal co-op game for the 3 of us. Is it buggy online at all?

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']How good is PayDay? Two of my friends just got a PS3, and this seems like an ideal co-op game for the 3 of us. Is it buggy online at all?[/QUOTE]

PayDay is a lot of fun, especially in co-op. I haven't played as much as I'd like, but I haven't encountered any bugs whatsoever.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']How good is PayDay? Two of my friends just got a PS3, and this seems like an ideal co-op game for the 3 of us. Is it buggy online at all?[/QUOTE]

When I last played it wasn't buggy. Only issue I had was trying to get a co-op game started because there was no one on or people kept on booting me because I was too low of a level.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i also got it free, so 10 is a bit steep. and no discount for ps+ sucks.

just played an hour of sound shapes. so much fun. trip potential is high on this one cuz you can die over and over and there is no consequence at all so no frustration and multi checkpoints. so fun. i dont wanna burn through it too fast tho, already did 2 full albums out of 4, but no trophies cuz death mode and school beats dont unlock til after you finish campaign. dyad was fun, but pretty frustrating and not really a chillaxn game. peace all[/QUOTE]

Same, enjoying sound shapes a lot. Great downloadable title.

I love it. The trophies are hard to get, which makes getting them more fun. Sometimes if you join a game already in progress, then it will be a little glitched, but nothin too serious.

Just platted Sound Shapes. Beat School is really awesome, I wish there was more levels. Death Mode is quite difficult and is heavily luck based, so be ready for some frustration and a lot of retries. I haven't tried the online yet though.

[quote name='AkariK']Just platted Sound Shapes. Beat School is really awesome, I wish there was more levels. Death Mode is quite difficult and is heavily luck based, so be ready for some frustration and a lot of retries. I haven't tried the online yet though.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the Platinum already. I'm going to take my time with Sound Shapes in between disc games. I like what I've played so far. Well worth the money.

I pre-ordered Papo & Yo also so let's hope it's as promising as it looks.

Well $3 credit is better than nothing for games I would have bought day 1.

[quote name='kburns10']I enjoyed the demo for Super Stardust HD for Vita. Definitely in for this bundle on PS3![/QUOTE]
Super Stardust HD is only on PS3, so you must have played a demo for Delta, which isn't the same as HD. There should be a demo for HD on the PS3.

[quote name='Bumslie']

I pre-ordered Papo & Yo also so let's hope it's as promising as it looks.

Well $3 credit is better than nothing for games I would have bought day 1.[/QUOTE]

How's the theme freebie?

[quote name='PimpLimp']They have and very recently too. There were multiple Vita games at a discount for PS+ users during the Olympic sale. And then PS+ users have also been getting discounts on new digital Vita games that hit the PSN. Foosball 2012 and Sound Shapes being the perfect and most recent examples that come to mind. There just haven't been deals on the 2 games you mentioned, so quit whining.[/QUOTE]
You mentioned two games that happen to work on both PS3 and Vita. What other Vita exclusive games have been on sale? I don't think they count.

I'm not calling you a liar, I just honestly haven't seen them.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']You mentioned two games that happen to work on both PS3 and Vita. What other Vita exclusive games have been on sale? I don't think they count.

I'm not calling you a liar, I just honestly haven't seen them.[/QUOTE]

"Happen to work on both PS3 and Vita"? This is a joke right?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']You mentioned two games that happen to work on both PS3 and Vita. What other Vita exclusive games have been on sale? I don't think they count.

I'm not calling you a liar, I just honestly haven't seen them.[/QUOTE]

I purchased Virtua Tennis 4 for the Vita a couple weeks ago on a PS+ sale. I think it was less than $20. I guess that is not really a vita exclusive, but still a nice vita deal.

wow plat already? i was on that way, already done with 3/5 albums. but i dont wanna rush through it the day after it is released... ;)
crazy how backended the trophies are tho, im worried about finishing already and i have 0% trophy completion ;)

i was hoping for more of a bonus than themes. themes are junk. i use images for wallpapers and can use any one that exists on the internet. last year with play they threw in extra little dlcs which was nice. character packs n whatever.

the buy more n save is almost on par with the free copy of payday....

i always just have the default ps3 theme cuz i love the color changes... and then they added the sparkles, but whatever still cool. and it gets darker at night and brighter at day, too cool.

damn those sound shapes trophies are tough. i thought the death mode was gonna be like regular mode but with limited lives or something, but instead they are their own mini games. and i can't do any editor school beats cuz im dumb at music, lol. peace all

I knew it! I freaking knew it! When I saw Walking Dead come out I wanted to buy it but I thought wait... just like Back to the Future, when it's all said and done there will be some PS+ deal. I was going to buy a plus membership when that went down just for the game but then E3 came along and that one dude was selling the year subscriptions for dirt cheap and bit. Now, even though it's not the full game, blam episodes one and two are free. Love it, love it!

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i was hoping for more of a bonus than themes. themes are junk. i use images for wallpapers and can use any one that exists on the internet. last year with play they threw in extra little dlcs which was nice. character packs n whatever.[/QUOTE]

I agree themes aren't my thing either, I wish they would give us something else for pre-ordering any sort of dlc would work for me. I mean I have had the same Playstation Home beta theme installed on my PS3 for years, its perfect, really clean looking icons one of the best themes I have seen for PS3, the background image isn't good at all but you can easily change it to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back