PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba']2) Having to hit a button every time to pick up loot/open loot containers. Give me the option of automatically adding ammo and money to my inventory just by moving over without having to hit a button. And I should only have to hit a button once to open up a loot container. Everything inside should go directly in my inventory unless it's full.[/QUOTE]

That would be bad for multiplayer. This way, you can pick up only pistol rounds, while your partner picks up SMG rounds. It works out well.

[quote name='Bosamba']I tried Borderlands again today after getting bored when I bought the :360: GOTY edition last year.The things that annoyed me about the game are still present.

1) Claptrap needs to be able to be killed go away. I want to bludgeon in his head with a hammer every time he speaks politely ask him to be silent. I've never played any of the Zelda games but I've heard others complain about Tinkle (the green fairy dude?). If he's as annoying as Claptrap, then you have my condolences.

2) Having to hit a button every time to pick up loot/open loot containers. Give me the option of automatically adding ammo and money to my inventory just by moving over without having to hit a button. And I should only have to hit a button once to open up a loot container. Everything inside should go directly in my inventory unless it's full.

I don't know why this game doesn't work with me. I loved Singularity and Bioshock. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. So why can't I get into this game?[/QUOTE]

1) Claptrap is actually kind of funny to me, way better than Navi or any of the annoying characters from Zelda. Plus, after the tutorial and first couple hours, I don't remember Claptrap being around all that much. That being said, I've never understood how an annoying character could turn someone off of a game. I find it pretty simple to just ignore them since they're not really on the screen all that much, then just get back to the game (the one that comes to mind right now is Dust: An Elysian Tail. EVERYONE bitched about Fidgit being annoying, but seriously she maybe has 15 mins of dialogue total, how hard is that to tune out?). Also there's the option to just turn off the voice audio in some games, not sure if Borderlands has that though.

Also, how have you never played a Zelda game?!?!?!

2) I understand this gripe a little bit more, as sometimes it felt stupid opening a big loot chest and then having to position myself in order to grab each piece of loot seperately. Everybody gets irked by different things, but to me this is just a minor minor minor irritation.

Usually Bosamba and I are on pretty similar wavelengths, but we're WAY off on this one.

I too have grown tired of the Borderlands GOTY edition. After slogging through Zombie Island, I just couldn't make myself continue. Hoping that once I clear out some of my backlog I can get back into it. Loved the majority of the main game, the formula is just so repetitive and I became bored with it.

Can anyone tell me how much StarDrone is on the PS Store at the moment? I think I remember it getting a price drop but not positive. (the PSN version, not the Vita version). Thanks.

I love borderlands. I have had it for 3 years, lol, from regular to goty to digital bundle. i finally got to play it this past 2 weeks and i am totally hooked. its like diablo loot but with guns. i love call of duty games and i love final fantasy and this is just like crazy awesome. i was the siren and ran rainbow damage death with red, blue, yellow, green damage flying off the enemies. such a fun great game. i thought claptrap was great too, plus fixing each one other than the first was great for +3 inventory space. i loved the possessed claptrap in zombi island and robolutionary clap traps in dlc4. im trying for 100%, only took me 3 weeks maybe, but after that first taste i couldnt stop. i got borderlands 2 preordered at best buy and damn im ready.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Can anyone tell me how much StarDrone is on the PS Store at the moment? I think I remember it getting a price drop but not positive. (the PSN version, not the Vita version). Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I believe you get both platforms for the same price now. I bought both but soon after saw they combined both versions. I liked it a lot on PS3 but vita lacked in control.

[quote name='GT']I got Zen Pinball 1 for free through PLUS. If I import the tables I have in Zen 1 into Zen 2, will they still expire if my Plus sub expires?[/QUOTE]

I was actually confused by that, too. Technically, it should be that way...but the Marvel pack just showed up as "free" for me in the ps store add-ons section...and I don't think it had the usual "this is only valid as long as you are a ps plus member" disclaimer when I selected/downloaded it.

It doesn't have any expiration listed on my system, either...but none of the ps3-only plus games I've downloaded in the last 4 months or so have had hard expiration dates...so I'm not sure if they're keeping track of the expirations differently now or what.

[quote name='MR_E']I was actually confused by that, too. Technically, it should be that way...but the Marvel pack just showed up as "free" for me in the ps store add-ons section...and I don't think it had the usual "this is only valid as long as you are a ps plus member" disclaimer when I selected/downloaded it.

It doesn't have any expiration listed on my system, either...but none of the ps3-only plus games I've downloaded in the last 4 months or so have had hard expiration dates...so I'm not sure if they're keeping track of the expirations differently now or what.[/QUOTE]
It's because they use unlock DLC, which will turn those tables into demos when that happens.

Got to pile on the hate, I guess. Played a little bit of Borderlands last night (having demoed it a while back) and it made me dose off. Its color palate literally just puts me in trance of unadulterated boredom. Infamous does the same thing to me.

I got StarDrone the other night after reading it was medium difficulty and double stacked trophies with the Vita version, but it was harder than I thought. Still, you can get 4-7 hours out of it, so it's not too bad. I got to use Crossplay for the first time, which was neat.

[quote name='AkariK']I got StarDrone the other night after reading it was medium difficulty and double stacked trophies with the Vita version, but it was harder than I thought. Still, you can get 4-7 hours out of it, so it's not too bad. I got to use Crossplay for the first time, which was neat.[/QUOTE]

I got 100% on the PS3 version. When they updated it with the cloud I used it on the Vita. I liked the cross platform trophies.

Did you like the controls of the Vita version?

[quote name='Bumslie']I believe you get both platforms for the same price now. I bought both but soon after saw they combined both versions. I liked it a lot on PS3 but vita lacked in control.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're right. I only bought the PS3 version, but now the Vita version is showing up free for me in the PSN store. Free games are always nice. Thanks for the heads-up!

Now if only that would work for the Vita version of PvZ.

[quote name='Bumslie']I got 100% on the PS3 version. When they updated it with the cloud I used it on the Vita. I liked the cross platform trophies.

Did you like the controls of the Vita version?[/QUOTE]

I think the Vita controls were better for slower paced levels like the last level, but for anything requiring speed, the ps3 controller probably is better.

[quote name='Decker']Wow, you're right. I only bought the PS3 version, but now the Vita version is showing up free for me in the PSN store. Free games are always nice. Thanks for the heads-up!

Now if only that would work for the Vita version of PvZ.[/QUOTE]

It works for the PvZ Zen Pinball 2 table, which if you are a PvZ fan you need to at least play the demo. After that you'll be $2.99 poorer, but the table is amazing.

Zen's latest tables have been going a little more video game-ish where something things can't be done on a real table an the PvZ table tops it. Having the ball be a pea and then having zombies marching down the table and needing to stop them by hitting them is really fun.

The game looks amazing, and the 3d models fit perfectly with the 2d graphics from PvZ. If you have the option, playing with 3d on make it even better.

All these free games PS+ gives away is pretty cool... for people whom don't already own them. When they gave away several games last time, I had every one of them. Now Borderlands, already have it. How about some kind of reward for the PS+ members that are BUYING the games.

[quote name='ookesseloo']All these free games PS+ gives away is pretty cool... for people whom don't already own them. When they gave away several games last time, I had every one of them. Now Borderlands, already have it. How about some kind of reward for the PS+ members that are BUYING the games.[/QUOTE]

PSN Play ;)
Speaking of, still waiting on my credit...

[quote name='ProAnon']PSN Play ;)
Speaking of, still waiting on my credit...[/QUOTE]PSN Play is a good example as well as the fact that they usually have a few discounts exclusive to PS+ subscribers every store update. I'm still waiting on my credit too. I believe the promotion said to expect it by 9/7.

I posted about this yesterday but more details have emerged about being able to remote play certain games on your Vita.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/05/remote-play-god-of-war-ico-and-shadow-on-vita

At the writing of that article, a update had already been released to allow the God of War Collection to be played through remote play. And a update for Ico and The Shadow of the Colossus Collection is expect to release (if it hasn't already) sometime today.

[quote name='Bosamba']I tried Borderlands again today after getting bored when I bought the :360: GOTY edition last year.The things that annoyed me about the game are still present.

1) Claptrap needs to be able to be killed go away. I want to bludgeon in his head with a hammer every time he speaks politely ask him to be silent. I've never played any of the Zelda games but I've heard others complain about Tinkle (the green fairy dude?). If he's as annoying as Claptrap, then you have my condolences.

2) Having to hit a button every time to pick up loot/open loot containers. Give me the option of automatically adding ammo and money to my inventory just by moving over without having to hit a button. And I should only have to hit a button once to open up a loot container. Everything inside should go directly in my inventory unless it's full.

I don't know why this game doesn't work with me. I loved Singularity and Bioshock. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. So why can't I get into this game?[/QUOTE]

I like claptrap. My biggest complaints are:

1)the lack of backpack space
2) my inibility to tell what guns are better than others since all the starts don't show (they run out of space in the description section)
3) No randomized loot or enemy locations. Always in the same place.

[quote name='Virsago']Anybody have any opinions on Daytona USA?
Thinking about getting it.[/QUOTE]

It is a remake of the arcade version, only 3 tracks I believe. Extremely short and shallow, unfortunately. Saturn/DC version are where it's at.

[quote name='ECisMe']I would have preferred the EU's freebie, Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]
That makes two of us, but I'm hopeful that we'll get it sooner or later. I'm pretty sure the release of Borderlands for free with the sequel coming out is no coincidence.

[quote name='Guimengo']It is a remake of the arcade version, only 3 tracks I believe. Extremely short and shallow, unfortunately. Saturn/DC version are where it's at.[/QUOTE]

I have to respectfully disagree, at least as far as the Saturn ports go. They were acceptable in the mid 90s but the Saturn, for all it's sprite-pushing power, had trouble dealing with the model 2 board.

To me, the series was always about memorizing the tracks and drifting around them at 200 mph. Add too many cars and tracks and the experience gets a bit diluted.

I'd kill for a XBLA/PSN release of the original Sega Rally for the same reason. So many hours spent trying to shave a few hundreths of a second off that desert track on the Saturn.

[quote name='Bumslie']I don't think I will ever get tired of Claptrap.

"Look at me I'm dancing, I'm dancing. "

Never gets old.[/QUOTE]

That has been stuck in my head for years now. fucking years.

[quote name='Halo05']That has been stuck in my head for years now. fucking years.[/QUOTE]

Haha same. I quote it sometimes when I'm with friends without even realizing it too.

God I love those Claptraps. I hope they are just as funny in 2.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Haha same. I quote it sometimes when I'm with friends without even realizing it too.

God I love those Claptraps. I hope they are just as funny in 2.[/QUOTE]

I just started playing Borderlands and the Claptrap will be stuck in the head for awhile. I find the Claptraps quotes amusing.

One of my fave claptrap quotes is in the General Knoxx DLC, the claptrap is in the Lockdown Palace prison, he says "When I get out of here some of you bitches are getting stabbed. Matter of fact, I'm going to set the stabbing record on this planet."

Also love this youtube slip when the claptrap goes all Christian Bale crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=876X30YznqE

[quote name='RiPPn']One of my fave claptrap quotes is in the General Knoxx DLC, the claptrap is in the Lockdown Palace prison, he says "When I get out of here some of you bitches are getting stabbed. Matter of fact, I'm going to set the stabbing record on this planet."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=876X30YznqE[/QUOTE]

Hahahah, Steve is pretty fuckin hilarious himself.

[quote name='RiPPn']One of my fave claptrap quotes is in the General Knoxx DLC, the claptrap is in the Lockdown Palace prison, he says "When I get out of here some of you bitches are getting stabbed. Matter of fact, I'm going to set the stabbing record on this planet."

:applause:

For those wondering about Daytona USA. I just got 100% of the trophies in less than an hour. The trophy whore in me says YAY! But the CAG in me is a little disappointed it didnt occupy my time longer.

EDIT: Just checked my time. 44 minutes and one second for 315 points for $2.99. Not bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KneeKnee']For those wondering about Daytona USA. I just got 100% of the trophies in less than an hour. The trophy whore in me says YAY! But the CAG in me is a little disappointed it didnt occupy my time longer.[/QUOTE]

Did you cheat though? Did you change everything to Very Easy?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Did you cheat though? Did you change everything to Very Easy?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it was actually unnecessary except for the Expert race. The rest were all about knowing what to do. Even the 5000 point one was painfully easy on Normal.

So, did Zen Studios forget to include the Fantastic 4 table in Zen Pinball 2? It won't let me import it, nor is it grayed out on the main screen, and I also couldn't find any trophies listed for it. Or am I missing something here?

[quote name='tylerh1701']So, did Zen Studios forget to include the Fantastic 4 table in Zen Pinball 2? It won't let me import it, nor is it grayed out on the main screen, and I also couldn't find any trophies listed for it. Or am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

I noticed this as well. I don't think it survived the move from Marvel Pinball.

[quote name='JJSP']That makes two of us, but I'm hopeful that we'll get it sooner or later. I'm pretty sure the release of Borderlands for free with the sequel coming out is no coincidence.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not...we still haven't got Castle Crashers.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So, did Zen Studios forget to include the Fantastic 4 table in Zen Pinball 2? It won't let me import it, nor is it grayed out on the main screen, and I also couldn't find any trophies listed for it. Or am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

Apparently coming soon. I guess that one needed a bit more work for the new engine. Here's the blog post about it:
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=2074

So, can anyone recommend tables for Zen Pinball? Are these prices fair, or have then been lower. I'm not sure exactly what to buy.

And, on a side, I stuck with Borderlands a little while longer and its charm is beginning to shine through. It just STARTED off soooo slow, but yeah, I'm seeing what everyone is raving over. Once you get beyond level 4, things begin to pick up.

[quote name='MR_E']Apparently coming soon. I guess that one needed a bit more work for the new engine. Here's the blog post about it:
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=2074[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. The new ZP2 suite is pretty nice, pretty similar to how it is on Xbox. I only own 10 tables on PS3, but I was able to get the 2 golds and 1 silver trophies, they were surprisingly easy. :)

[quote name='breakfuss']So, can anyone recommend tables for Zen Pinball? Are these prices fair, or have then been lower. I'm not sure exactly what to buy.

And, on a side, I stuck with Borderlands a little while longer and its charm is beginning to shine through. It just STARTED off soooo slow, but yeah, I'm seeing what everyone is raving over. Once you get beyond level 4, things begin to pick up.[/QUOTE]

Once in a while the $10 4-packs will go on sale for 1/2 off, and a couple single $3 tables have been cut to $1.50 before. But overall the prices are pretty fair, I've definitely paid full price for a few single tables and haven't regretted it.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Yeah but it was actually unnecessary except for the Expert race. The rest were all about knowing what to do. Even the 5000 point one was painfully easy on Normal.[/QUOTE]

Well that explains it then. Maybe I just sucked at the game but I left everything on Normal and the Advanced and Expert races took me quite a few tries. I actually had to learn how to properly drift and so on, it helped me feel like I got my money's worth.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but the PS Store sent me a message yesterday with a download link for Impact mode after buying the Super Stardust HD bundle a few weeks back. I had forgotten that it wasn't included before.

Looks like we will finally be getting Killzone 1 HD released. Trilogy comes out on October 23rd and will be $40.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...joins-playstation-collection-on-october-23rd/

They also said Killzone 1 HD will of course have the trophy support. On twitter, they said it will be released on PSN as well. Not sure if the collection will have 2 & 3 on disc and 1 on a voucher (most likely), but we will just have to wait and see.

I will most likely just get Killzone 1 on PSN, since I have the other two already. Hopefully, it will see a discount on PSN+ and be priced decently.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

Once in a while the $10 4-packs will go on sale for 1/2 off, and a couple single $3 tables have been cut to $1.50 before. But overall the prices are pretty fair, I've definitely paid full price for a few single tables and haven't regretted it.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks! I'll go ahead and get some, then. Mind describing how the trophy breakdown works? Are they specific to each DLC table, or are there a generic set of trophies?

[quote name='breakfuss']Ok, thanks! I'll go ahead and get some, then. Mind describing how the trophy breakdown works? Are they specific to each DLC table, or are there a generic set of trophies?[/QUOTE]

In quickly browsing the trophies last night, it looked like there were 2 that are specific to each table, all bronze and silver. There are also 4 that are more generic, and take into account your scores and ranks on every table you own. There were 3 gold and 1 silver for that.

[quote name='rpghope18']Looks like we will finally be getting Killzone 1 HD released. Trilogy comes out on October 23rd and will be $40.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...joins-playstation-collection-on-october-23rd/

They also said Killzone 1 HD will of course have the trophy support. On twitter, they said it will be released on PSN as well. Not sure if the collection will have 2 & 3 on disc and 1 on a voucher (most likely), but we will just have to wait and see.

I will most likely just get Killzone 1 on PSN, since I have the other two already. Hopefully, it will see a discount on PSN+ and be priced decently.[/QUOTE]

Cool, if this set ever gets down to $15-$20 range I'll grab it. Not a big Killzone fan but a sucker for collection discs.

Why isn't Borderlands listed in the OP? I know the buzz about it is big enough that we've all heard about it but it threw me not to see it listed. I'm also flying blind, so to speak, since both my PS3's died w/ YLOD within a month of each other :bomb:

Can anyone tell me what game Borderlands replaced?

I have never seen this Borderlands clip and about fell off my chair laughing so hard :rofl: Ripp's Christian Bale reference is dead-center xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back