PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LouieT']Free UFC videos are back in the video store!:bouncy:

They are:
UFC Fights Episode 153: Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida UFC 140
UFC Fights Episode 190: Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama UFC 133
UFC Fights Episode 230: Joseph Benavidez vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani UFC on FX 2
[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you and the other CAG who mentioned the Jones/Machida fight was free.

Off topic, but it would be awesome if we could get to the Jones/Belfort fight without anymore injuries...UFC 153 was just decimated today.

[quote name='Calinks']Where do I find these?[/QUOTE]
Video section of Playstation Store on upper left corner -> TV Shows -> Free TV -> advertisement that says "Get Ready for UFC 152"

There are 5 other fights in that section, but they are all priced.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The 4.25 update for the PS3 that increases PS+ cloud storage to 1 GB is live.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Unfortunately, my cloud storage stayed at 150 MB, and a lot of other people seem to be complaining about the same thing. Oops.

Edit: Nevermind. It's up now. I guess the cloud storage update just came an hour or two after the firmware update...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ECisMe']Only General Knoxx and Zombie Island of Dr. Ned are really worth your time (assuming you will still be pining for more Borderlands once you've completed the main game, some people get burnt out on the grind). Moxxie and Robot Revolution can and should be skipped.[/QUOTE]

But they're $5 each...or all 4 for $10. So if you're going to buy 2, you might as well get the pack that gives you all 4...

[quote name='LouieT']Video section of Playstation Store on upper left corner -> TV Shows -> Free TV -> advertisement that says "Get Ready for UFC 152"

There are 5 other fights in that section, but they are all priced.[/QUOTE]

Also, the first set of free fights I got on PSN, I selected the HD/SD combo. After they stopped being free, for some reason my license for the HD version disappeared. I'm not sure if this has ever happened to anyone else, but now I make sure to add both the HD and SD versions of the fight separately to my cart, then check out with both of them.

EDIT: Damn, 1.87 GB for Double Dragon? I was hoping it would be small. Felt like downloading and playing it real quick right now, but that's not gonna happen.

JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great as ever, and it's cool to see they added some bonus content: a "Making of" documentary and some JSRF tracks.

I might be wrong, but I think they changed the beginning tutorial (the face-off against Gum) to make it easier? I seem to remember having to grind in the very first part, rather than walking past the railing, but I could be wrong, since I haven't played through it on Dreamcast since March 2011.
[quote name='Bos1014']im very disappointed in this version of jet set radio.. controls and camera are just... horrid. maybe i just dont remember the dc version all that well but omg. this is a pain to play.[/QUOTE]
wut

The camera is exactly the same, except that they added the ability to control it with the right analog stick. Before, your only option for controlling the camera was to move and to use the auto-centering left trigger.

The controls are the same as well.

[quote name='theblizzman']Does anyone remember if the Zen Tables ever have gone on sale? Really want to bite on the Plants vs Zombies and the two marvel table bundles, but I am sure as soon as I buy they will go on sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheCro']The Cap and FF tables were like 1.50 at one point when they gave out Marvel Pinball for PS+. Dunno about the rest, though.[/QUOTE]

I've had Zen Pinball since Jan. 2010 and PS+ since it launched and always wished for a $1/table sale or whatnot. But aside from the Cap and FF tables being 1.50 like TheCro mentioned, I don't think there's ever been another discount offered.

Since all the ZP1 stuff was slated to be taken down last week they finally broke me and I ended up buying them all at the regular 2.50. At least there's the whole ZP1-ZP2-Vita cross play factor to wring some CAG integrity out of the purchase.

Obviously there's no way to guarantee you won't get sale-screwed shortly after buying the bundles, but if the past is any indication the odds are definitely in your favor. :D

[quote name='theblizzman']Does anyone remember if the Zen Tables ever have gone on sale? Really want to bite on the Plants vs Zombies and the two marvel table bundles, but I am sure as soon as I buy they will go on sale.[/QUOTE]

I guess there's always a chance that the PvZ table could end up free for PS Plus around halloween or something, but I doubt it'll go on sale anytime soon since it just came out last week and there was no release week sale. Could be wrong, though. I just grabbed it tonight, and it's pretty great.

Sometime in the first half of 2011, they ran a sale where if you bought the original Marvel table pack, you got the Zen Core pack (the original four tables) for free.

[quote name='Sophrosync']I've had Zen Pinball since Jan. 2010 and PS+ since it launched and always wished for a $1/table sale or whatnot. But aside from the Cap and FF tables being 1.50 like TheCro mentioned, I don't think there's ever been another discount offered.

Since all the ZP1 stuff was slated to be taken down last week they finally broke me and I ended up buying them all at the regular 2.50. At least there's the whole ZP1-ZP2-Vita cross play factor to wring some CAG integrity out of the purchase.

Obviously there's no way to guarantee you won't get sale-screwed shortly after buying the bundles, but if the past is any indication the odds are definitely in your favor. :D[/QUOTE]

There has been a sale on some of them a long, long ass time ago. I'm pretty sure that's why I have the Street Fighter II table. But, I was in the same boat as you, bought all of the rest of the ones I didn't have. I ended up spending $17.50 and I'm not even a big fan of pinball.

[quote name='kitsunisan']For those playing jsr, I have it on the dreamcast, should I shell out $9 for this?[/QUOTE]
I'd say yeah.

There's some bonus content, and there are some minor new features and changes (like being able to use the right analog stick to control the camera, much shorter loading times when selecting graffiti, trophies, high scores, the documentary, etc.), but the main reasons to buy it would be the same reasons to buy any HD re-release: better video and audio quality. The sound plays so much better on my PS3 than it does on my Dreamcast.

does anybody recommend the beatshapers indie bundle, Wizorb looks pretty good and $7 is an ok price. Also are any of these games playable on Vita, I saw someone posted a link earlier in this thread to a complete list of all digital games payable on the vita, can't seem to find it though

Played Double Dragon Neon for about 25 minutes just now.

It's interesting and the tape upgrade system is a cool concept. It seems like a lot of fun to co-op.

I got my ass beat pretty handily by Skullmagedon, and now I'm going to bed.

Is there someone still playing awesomenauts? If positive, add me psn - eballarini

My wife was not a big Video Game fan, but after this game she just got hooked.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Played Double Dragon Neon for about 25 minutes just now.

It's interesting and the tape upgrade system is a cool concept. It seems like a lot of fun to co-op.

I got my ass beat pretty handily by Skullmagedon, and now I'm going to bed.[/QUOTE]

I am playing DD Neon now. I just beat Skullmagedon with dodge roll (L2 and left or right) and Dragon Swarm sos...(whatever) tape. The dragon swarm hits wherever he is on the screen and dodge roll is the only way to attack him and live.

[quote name='Josh1billion']I'd say yeah.

There's some bonus content, and there are some minor new features and changes (like being able to use the right analog stick to control the camera, much shorter loading times when selecting graffiti, trophies, high scores, the documentary, etc.), but the main reasons to buy it would be the same reasons to buy any HD re-release: better video and audio quality. The sound plays so much better on my PS3 than it does on my Dreamcast.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the soundtrack is slightly different (There's no "Yappie Feet" still, but we get two EU-specific songs as compensation!).

But yes, the audio quality is the biggest draw for me. It's worth the 10 bucks, easily. Game is excellent as ever (and, my advice? Turn the center camera button OFF so you just use the right stick. It takes a little getting used to, but it works wonders)

I'm glad someone mentioned the trophies, too: Yeah, there are only 9 trophies, and none of them seem exceptionally hard (IMO the hardest is probably get all the graffiti souls). If you have a 360, it might be worth waiting a week to nab that version. But that's my only complaint, really.

I just noticed the permanent price drops for the Valkyria Chronicles DLC. I only recently finished the game and thought it was fantastic. Any opinions from CAGs about the DLC being worth the price?

[quote name='eballarini']Is there someone still playing awesomenauts? If positive, add me psn - eballarini

My wife was not a big Video Game fan, but after this game she just got hooked.[/QUOTE]
I'll add you when I get home. I haven't played in a little while, and I'm interested to check out the new characters.

[quote name='gravel']I'll add you when I get home. I haven't played in a little while, and I'm interested to check out the new characters.[/QUOTE]There have been no new characters or new patches released for the console version of Awesomenauts. So any and all new characters you've heard about or seen, are strictly for the PC at this point in time.

[quote name='PimpLimp']There have been no new characters or new patches released for the console version of Awesomenauts. So any and all new characters you've heard about or seen, are strictly for the PC at this point in time.[/QUOTE]
last time i played it there was a patch i need to download and had 2 new characters

coco nebulon
Coco_Nebulon_Icon.png

Derpl Zork
Derpl_Zork_Icon.png

[quote name='rpg']last time i played it there was a patch i need to download and had 2 new characters

coco nebulon
Coco_Nebulon_Icon.png

Derpl Zork
Derpl_Zork_Icon.png
[/QUOTE]

+1, that was the best patch.

Two new characters, plus a bunch of rebalancing. I really enjoyed that game, but I haven't even played it since the patch came out. Too many other games to play....

[quote name='Backlash']Two new characters, plus a bunch of rebalancing. I really enjoyed that game, but I haven't even played it since the patch came out. Too many other games to play....[/QUOTE]

My problem exactly. I had a great time with it when it came out, but I found myself deleting it last night to make room for more shit...

As a plus member, if you just start to download the free games and then cancel the download a few seconds after they start. Will the games be locked into your transaction history and be available to download for free anytime you choose after they have been removed from the plus part of the store.

[quote name='parkerwilson']As a plus member, if you just start to download the free games and then cancel the download a few seconds after they start. Will the games be locked into your transaction history and be available to download for free anytime you choose after they have been removed from the plus part of the store.[/QUOTE]

as soon as you purchase them, they get already added into your transaction history, there is no need to download them, only if you want them to be activated into that particular ps3

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...terstrike-global-offensive-storms-the-charts/

The Top-Selling Games on PSN for August 2012:
PSN PLAY 2012 provided a ton of great new PSN games; from Sound Shapes, to Papo & Yo; but when it came to sales, Counter Strike: Global Offensive emerged as the victor. Valve’s hit franchise debuted with a powerful shot of multiplayer-centric action, so if you haven’t checked it out yet, download it today and get on the battlefield.

Representing more of the PSN PLAY 2012 lineup, Sound Shapes debuts on this month’s top sellers list, coming in at No. 4 on PS3 and No. 1 on PS Vita! Congratulations to Queasy Games and Santa Monica Studios on another hit.

PS2 Classics had a great month as well with the addition of War of the Monsters, Shinobi, and Psychonauts. We’re proud of the PS2 Classic War of the Monsters taking the top spot this month as Starhawk developer Dylan Jobe worked on the game (check out his retrospective post from his time developing the game).

Also, we’re welcoming PS minis to the lineup this month, so thanks to the readers who suggested we add these. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and we’ll see you next month with September’s numbers. Any guesses who will have the top spot?

Top 20 PSN and PS3 Full Games

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  2. The Walking Dead – Episode 3: Long Road Ahead
  3. Madden NFL 13
  4. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD
  5. Sound Shapes
  6. The Walking Dead – Episode 1: A New Day
  7. Papo & Yo
  8. Journey
  9. The Walking Dead – Episode 2: Starved For Help
  10. I Am Alive
  11. Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
  12. Grand Theft Auto IV
  13. Fight Night Champion
  14. Batman: Arkham City
  15. Castle Crashers
  16. The Expendables 2 Videogame
  17. Rock Band Blitz
  18. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
  19. inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
  20. PAYDAY The Heist

Top 10 PS Vita Games

1. Sound Shapes PS Vita
  2. Table Top Tanks
  3. METAL GEAR SOLID: HD COLLECTION PS Vita
  4. Madden NFL 13 PS Vita
  5. Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita
  6. Escape Plan
  7. Pure Chess PS Vita
  8. Gravity Rush
  9. PulzAR
  10. Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Top 5 PS3 Add-Ons

1. FIFA SOCCER 12 – PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO
  2. Mass Effect 3 – Premium Spectre Pack
  3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Collection 2
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Collection 1
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection: Content Pack 4

Top 5 PS2 Classics

1. War of the Monsters
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
  3. Need for Speed Most Wanted
  4. Shinobi
  5. Psychonauts

Top 5 PS one Classics

1. FINAL FANTASY VII
  2. LEGEND OF DRAGOON
  3. FINAL FANTASY IX
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. FINAL FANTASY VIII

Top 5 PSP Games

1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
  2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
  4. FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS
  5. DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY

Top 5 PS Minis

1. Angry Birds
  2. The Impossible Game
  3. Monopoly
  4. I Kill Zombies
  5. Wizorb

I'd like PS+ to give us some radical discounts on the old, old stuff in the catalog pre-trophies like the things that all us early adopters bought when there was nothing else to buy. Good way to drum up some extra money for things people probably wouldn't even see like...

Who am I kidding? I want the Folklore DLC to go on sale. Nearly $20 to get it all? Too much moolah.

I'm currently playing a ton of Zen Pinball 2 on my Vita... if you want to laugh at my shitty scores go ahead and add me

PSN: joker_75

[quote name='TheHelix']Ugh people are still paying money for Angry Birds?

In other news DD Neon is freaking awesome. Screw you IGN.[/QUOTE]
Here here. DD Neon is awesome. It reminds me why I loved DD and Streets of Rage back in the day.

Question just got a ps3. Has the DCU dlc ever went on sale? I played it on computer and it would go on sale 50% every so often and just wondered if it did the same on playstation.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Question just got a ps3. Has the DCU dlc ever went on sale? I played it on computer and it would go on sale 50% every so often and just wondered if it did the same on playstation.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's free if you pay for a Legendary subscription, so I guess depending on how fast you can complete it, you can get it all for $15.

Anyone with Borderlands want to boost two trophies with me? Looking to get Duelinator, which requires you to win a duel without taking damage. And Beyond Thunderdome, which requires you to win an arena match...basically 2/3 duels in the arena. I'm on now until about 8PM EST.

PSN: ProfessorStotch

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ing-to-psn-october-23rd-trophy-list-revealed/

More info on Killzone HD:
This rip-roaring introduction to the Killzone universe has been remastered in HD for inclusion with the Killzone Trilogy bundle. Featuring a single-player campaign with four playable characters and an offline multiplayer mode against AI opponents, Killzone HD has received a thorough audiovisual overhaul: the game boasts 720p graphics at a steady 30fps, with MSAA filtering, sharper textures and higher quality sound effects. But don’t take our word for it – check out these crisp HD screenshots:

Killzone HD will be released as part of the Killzone Trilogy bundle on October 23rd. A standalone version will hit PlayStation Store on the same day for $14.99. Stay tuned to Killzone.com for more Killzone Trilogy and Killzone HD news, including a giveaway promo and a Double XP Weekend!

[quote name='captaintek3304']Anyone with Borderlands want to boost two trophies with me? Looking to get Duelinator, which requires you to win a duel without taking damage. And Beyond Thunderdome, which requires you to win an arena match...basically 2/3 duels in the arena. I'm on now until about 8PM EST.

PSN: ProfessorStotch[/QUOTE]

If you have a second controller you could use splitscreen mode.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I believe it's free if you pay for a Legendary subscription, so I guess depending on how fast you can complete it, you can get it all for $15.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its free while your paying for legendary or you can buy them for 9.99 each but you don't get the trophies. I don't care about the trophies so would rather just buy them.

The new PS Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Carnival Games - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Enigmo - PSP/PS3/Vita - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Justice League Heroes - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Mortal Kombat - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Mortal Kombat Unchained - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Games
Borderlands 2 - $59.99
F1 2012
Jet Set Radio - $9.99
SSX - $39.99
Zuma's Revenge

PS2 Classics
Harvest Moon: It's a Wonderful Life Special Edition - $9.99
River King - $9.99

Minis
Feisty Feet

Demos
Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII
Resident Evil 6
Zuma's Revenge

Add-ons
Battlefield 3
DC Universe
Dungeon Defenders
FIFA 13
Hustle Kings
LittleBigPlanet 2
Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
Way of the Samurai 4

Coming to Vita's PS Store:

PS1 Classics
2Xtreme
Backstreet Billiards
Bowling
Cool Boarders 3
Destruction Derby
Jet Moto 2
Jumping Flash
Jumping Flash 2
The King of Fighters 99
Medievil
Metal Slug X
Rally Cross
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
Warhawk
Wild Arms 2
Wipeout

PSP Games
Crimson Room

Minis
Snowy: The Bear's Adventures

Blogcast was wrong about some of the price drops. Mortal Kombat was $29.99 since June 12 and Justice League Heroes was $9.99 since June 2010.
I wonder if they meant Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition as the one going down in price. That one is $49.99 right now.

The Hustle Kings add-on, Ball and Cue Pack, is most likely the Vita version, since the PS3 version was released a few years ago.

I hope Zuma's Revenge is not $15.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out, so here are next week's releases:
Jumping Flash
Jumping Flash 2
[/QUOTE]

Those two games I actually recognize since I owned 1 and played them both. Jumping Flash is a great little first person perspective platformer. Each level took place in a confined place horizontally but vertically stretched out. If you timed it right, you can actually triple jump. Also, as you begin to descend, your character automatically faces down and you can see your feet, allowing you to control over where you land.

Very fun games. If you've played 2D platformers and still think 3D ones don't feel as "tight", give this one a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back