PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the gist of Tokyo jungle is to eat animals and move to the top of the food chain (the little I've read). The pictures have lions and other badass animals to achieve this. What dlc do we get....pommeranians, terriers and ugly cats?!?!??!!!

In for the snow and lightning episodes. Sure I'll get 4.48 value out of those. Question is will I remember how to play!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bought LBP Vita day one. I'm a monster that gets no benefit out of this and am only feeding the corporate machine and whatever else you people said about my kind.[/QUOTE]

Humor, where is....whoever....
Was asking for that months ago? I remember a big page long scuffle over that...

[quote name='shadowkast']So the gist of Tokyo jungle is to eat animals and move to the top of the food chain (the little I've read). The pictures have lions and other badass animals to achieve this. What dlc do we get....pommeranians, terriers and ugly cats?!?!??!!![/QUOTE]
Do you really think all of the animals are DLC or something? The stuff you're mentioning are in the game, but you just have to unlock them by getting further in the survival and story modes.

The gist is to play as one of 50+ animals and survive as long as possible, which changes depending on the animal you're controlling since some play more like an action game and others are like a stealth game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEd6wFDI7Og

[quote name='shadowkast']So the gist of Tokyo jungle is to eat animals and move to the top of the food chain (the little I've read). The pictures have lions and other badass animals to achieve this. What dlc do we get....pommeranians, terriers and ugly cats?!?!??!!![/QUOTE]

You have to unlock the rest but I heard they all play pretty similar just better stats. story mode is pommeranians and a couple other animals but main focus is on pommeranians

lol I'm going to spread my army of Toros with this dlc BWAHHA XD

also yeah the dlc is pretty good for ff 13-2 if you are looking for more stuff to do. :D

[quote name='Romeo']Just bought TJ and I noticed that PSN is stupidly slow. 5 minutes in and I'm at 1% on a 7mb connection.[/QUOTE]

That's because Tuesday afternoon/night is the busiest time in the entire week.

[quote name='Bumslie']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw96dAsI-7s[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten this song/video existed.

I'm not sure if I should thank you or swear vengeance.

[quote name='Romeo']Just bought TJ and I noticed that PSN is stupidly slow. 5 minutes in and I'm at 1% on a 7mb connection.[/QUOTE]

TJ finished downloading for me and I'm over half way done with StarHawk and that game is like 9gigs.

Anyone else totally maxed out on themes? Anyone else baffled as to why there's a limit of themes, but not a limit on games or anything else? It seems stupid that I have a massive HDD with plenty (okay, a little bit) of space left and yet I have to delete some of my older PS3 themes into the ether if I want to download any new ones.

[quote name='Decker']Anyone else totally maxed out on themes? Anyone else baffled as to why there's a limit of themes, but not a limit on games or anything else? It seems stupid that I have a massive HDD with plenty (okay, a little bit) of space left and yet I have to delete some of my older PS3 themes into the ether if I want to download any new ones.[/QUOTE]
Ran into that a long time ago because I downloaded and installed every single free theme that was available, so I did the long process of scrolling down and deleting as many of them as I could since I mostly just use dynamic themes now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Ran into that a long time ago because I downloaded and installed every single free theme that was available, so I did the long process of scrolling down and deleting as many of them as I could since I mostly just use dynamic themes now.[/QUOTE]

What's the limit? I have maybe 30 or so.

[quote name='Romeo']What's the limit? I have maybe 30 or so.[/QUOTE]
I didn't bother to count, but it had to be a good 150 or so. I know I had all of the individual MLB team themes that they released for MLB 09 and all sorts of free themes from before I joined PS+. You have to be obsessive about downloading every theme you can find to even hit the limit.

Edit: Nevermind, did a quick count of what I currently have installed and it's at 237 at the moment, so the limit is probably around 300 or something ridiculous like that.

[quote name='Slade']I had forgotten this song/video existed.

I'm not sure if I should thank you or swear vengeance.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome Slade, I always take physical if I can.

And the cost drives me off the fence on One Piece and into the "Hell No" field. Can't see how Koei can cut corners on the release and still not pass some savings down to the customers, especially on a niche game. Oh well, maybe a sale later.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Do you really think all of the animals are DLC or something? The stuff you're mentioning are in the game, but you just have to unlock them by getting further in the survival and story modes.

The gist is to play as one of 50+ animals and survive as long as possible, which changes depending on the animal you're controlling since some play more like an action game and others are like a stealth game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEd6wFDI7Og[/QUOTE]
No. I didn't realize the dlc animals were just early unlocks. Thought they were more exclusive. I'm not bitching (waiting patiently as the game downloads as i bought out), just found it humorous that those were the for freebies.

They're not early unlocks. There are a few slots in the animal listings that are only available as DLC, but the vast majority of them are included with the game provided you do what you need to unlock them.

[quote name='Slade']I had forgotten this song/video existed.

I'm not sure if I should thank you or swear vengeance.

TJ finished downloading for me and I'm over half way done with StarHawk and that game is like 9gigs.[/QUOTE]

When did you start your download, what's your speed, and how are you connected?

I have a launch PS3 and I also noticed the WIFI chip is stupidly slow as well. At times the transfer speed dips as low as 2mb/s.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I didn't bother to count, but it had to be a good 150 or so. I know I had all of the individual MLB team themes that they released for MLB 09 and all sorts of free themes from before I joined PS+. You have to be obsessive about downloading every theme you can find to even hit the limit.

Edit: Nevermind, did a quick count of what I currently have installed and it's at 237 at the moment, so the limit is probably around 300 or something ridiculous like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... uhhh... no one needs that many themes. =P

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No. That's why it's not listed in the PS+ section.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was confused because I saw it on the PSBlog first, and it seems like they do have it listed under it. Thank you for the clarification. :applause:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're not early unlocks. There are a few slots in the animal listings that are only available as DLC, but the vast majority of them are included with the game provided you do what you need to unlock them.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I have blinded myself to any leaks or info of this game. I knew i would buy it day 1 regardless...ps+ discount-$4 freebie dlc- anything.

I kiss your feet frisky for info you put here. My original point though was to poke fun at the $4 worth of dlc (small breed dogs and cats). I will happily take my ps+ dlc along with the free 3 costumes, along with the$$$ discount.

I'm drunk, just making peace and the info out for other members. Excellent value for the game: it was $60 overseas, now $15. $12 psn+ price plus $4 dlc makes it a $8 game: right?!?!

I know it's a Sony Japan first party game but i truly believe $8 is going to support the game makers paycheck

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I am super tempted to buy Tokyo Jungle but my backlog is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Same. Jest like everyone else. However, can you let thus bump up in the log?

Fellaz,is this SP dlc? If so,is there more? Thx!-----Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49

[quote name='GTR R35']Fellaz,is this SP dlc? If so,is there more? Thx!-----Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49[/QUOTE]

If you mean SP as in single player then yes. Its a SP game.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']any word on when inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One will be going off of free games for Plus?[/QUOTE]

Welcome padawan. Infamous 2 and ratchet were the HUGE extravaganza in June (i believe). But I'm sure that info can be found in post #1

[quote name='Camre']If you mean SP as in single player then yes. Its a SP game.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir.There was suppose to be a small dlc of Lightnings story after you done with the game.Was just wondering if I'm looking at the right thing.

So in terms of FF 13-2 DLC, would the Lightning, Sazh, and Snow themed DLC story packs and the Lightning arena battle be considered the "essential" DLC for the game? I've heard the 3 other arena battles are useless since you have to be at the end game to be able to beat them and then you can't use them for anything else.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='TimesTicking']Is the "Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Lightning Requiem Of The Goddess - $2.49" a permanent price drop or just a limited time deal?[/QUOTE]

Blog lists it as sale prices.

Sales

Crazy Taxi – PSN Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)

Wakeboarding HD – PSN Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Add-On Content
LIGHTNING: REQUIEM OF THE GODDESS (now: $2.49 original price: $4.99)
MOG’S OUTFITS: A WONDROUS WARDROBE (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
NOEL’S OUTFIT: BLACK MAGE (now: $1.49 original price: $X2.99)
NOEL’S OUTFIT: EZIO AUDITORE (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
NOEL’S OUTFIT: N7 ARMOR (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
NOEL’S OUTFIT: SPACETIME GUARDIAN (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
OPPONENT: GILGAMESH (now: $1.99 original price: $3.99)
OPPONENT: LIGHTNING & AMODAR (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
OPPONENT: NABAAT (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
OPPONENT: PUPU (now: $0.99 original price: $1.99)
OPPONENT: ULTROS & TYPHON (now: $1.99 original price: $3.99)
SAZH: HEADS OR TAILS? (now: $2.49 original price: $4.99)
SERAH’S OUTFIT: BEACHWEAR (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
SERAH’S OUTFIT: N7 ARMOR (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
SERAH’S OUTFIT: WHITE MAGE (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
SNOW: PERPETUAL BATTLEFIELD (now: $1.99 original price: $3.99)

[quote name='shadowkast']Welcome padawan. Infamous 2 and ratchet were the HUGE extravaganza in June (i believe). But I'm sure that info can be found in post #1[/QUOTE]
Thanks yeah definitely stoked to see those on here. I still am not seeing how long they will be available on "post 1" so I'll just assume it's indefinite.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So in terms of FF 13-2 DLC, would the Lightning, Sazh, and Snow themed DLC story packs and the Lightning arena battle be considered the "essential" DLC for the game? I've heard the 3 other arena battles are useless since you have to be at the end game to be able to beat them and then you can't use them for anything else.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
LIGHTNING: REQUIEM OF THE GODDESS is the only story related DLC, it was also the last 13-2 DLC. The rest were just skins/weapons or just DLC where you acquire the characters as monsters for your party.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Snow and Sazh's are also story related....kinda. It atleast explains why they are where they are, and a few other bits of details[/QUOTE]
If you own the CE version of the 13-2 guide, it gives the same info near the dev Q&A section for those who want to save a few dollars unless you want sazh or snow in your party.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Thanks yeah definitely stoked to see those on here. I still am not seeing how long they will be available on "post 1" so I'll just assume it's indefinite.[/QUOTE]

Being that they're first party games and Sony is really pushing this "instant game collection" idea, it seems in their best interest to just keep those three fairly high profile games that they don't need to make deals with other publishers for on the free list forever.

[quote name='htz']If you own the CE version of the 13-2 guide, it gives the same info near the dev Q&A section for those who want to save a few dollars unless you want sazh or snow in your party.[/QUOTE]

Personally I really liked Sazh in my party. There arent any battles in his scenario, so you can literally unlock him the moment it becomes available.

He made getting Lightning's crystal so much easier for me.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Being that they're first party games and Sony is really pushing this "instant game collection" idea, it seems in their best interest to just keep those three fairly high profile games that they don't need to make deals with other publishers for on the free list forever.[/QUOTE]

When the Instant Game Collection was announced, there was talk that the entire catalog would be refreshed over a 6 month period, so supposedly those titles should be gone by December/January.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']the starhawk single player campaign, if you buy/have the online pass already will it be the entire game? or just the single player... it would be nice to trade my copy in but im done with the single player, just using it for multi.[/QUOTE]

I have the same question and this didn't seem to get answered. I know the Multiplayer can be purchased for $20 as a standalone game, but if I have PS Plus and get the single player free and then purchase the online pass for $10 is that essentially the same thing as having the full game?

Under PS Plus, it shows the Online Pass as the only item that is not "free" so I am assuming you do not need to purchase the Multiplayer for $20 when you are getting the Single Player version and only need to purchase the $10 pass.

Anyone have any insight on this?

^I can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is no.

The single player file that is free (I would think) only contains the single player content. So the online pass shouldn't do anything to the single player file.

The multiplayer file for $20 is the one that should require an online pass, but if you buy it digitally from the store, then the online pass is included.

Yeah you cant access the mp from the starhawk sp game. I have a online pass for it already and when I start the game up its only for the sp, no mp option anywhere. Doesn't seem like my disk save will work with it either.

Well, that was fortuitous. I was on the verge of finally breaking down and buying the 3 story add-ons for FFXIII-2 and now they have a sale on most of the dlc. Even though I wasn't that thrilled with the game overall and especially raw about the ridiculous amount and cost of the dlc, I just couldn't help wanting to see what the 3 story chapters added. Lol, of course this sale is kind of a bad thing as well, at least for my wallet. I didn't plan on ever getting any of the other dlc aside from Omega, which I got for preordering the game from Amazon. However with so much dlc cut in half, I ended up getting all the other character downloads, mainly just because I want to fight them more so than actually use them. But I may play around with developing them as well. Plus I got a few outfits that I liked. And I couldn't give a crap less about the weapons dlc - they'd have to pay me to waste the space on my PS3 to download that garbage, so that was fine. So overall, instead of saving me $7, it ended up costing me $8.40. :oops:

Oh well, at least I have a reason to go back and get the plat for FFXIII-2 now, which I just dropped with 3 trophies left about a month after getting it because I had beat it, done a lot of post-game stuff and was kinda bored with it. This should spice things up a little and give me some extra stuff to do. :)

so, nub question but how often do they cycle these sales? i have a vita but no ps3 and would love to grab some more psp games. the atlus sale seemed to last forever and so is this one.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I have the same question and this didn't seem to get answered. I know the Multiplayer can be purchased for $20 as a standalone game, but if I have PS Plus and get the single player free and then purchase the online pass for $10 is that essentially the same thing as having the full game?

Under PS Plus, it shows the Online Pass as the only item that is not "free" so I am assuming you do not need to purchase the Multiplayer for $20 when you are getting the Single Player version and only need to purchase the $10 pass.

Anyone have any insight on this?[/QUOTE]u need to buy the $20 mp the pass is useless but if u want to use the pass go buy a used copy from gamestop so u can play mp cost($34.99) tho

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/starhawk/91062

coming to psn
Joe Danger: The Movie With Exclusive Content

more news
mass effect 1 coming to psn and retail
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/new...g-to-PS3-With-Mass-Effect-Trilogy-Bundle.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Any thoughts on or recommendations for the FFXIII-2 DLC?[/QUOTE]
Most of it is just monster battles for the arena and from all I've heard the extra content is worthless; doesn't add/resolve anything storywise. The outfits are just cosmetic so if you want a different look while playing through the game, then it might be worth it for you.

Sony is fucking with us literally, Spelunker HD didn't get released on US store but it got released on EU store, I just checked it out minutes ago.

Also on another note Blogcast mentioned that Angry Birds Trilogy was supposed to come out this week which it hasn't come out yet, which means they are getting dumber and dumber, next time get your info right Sony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back