PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next Weeks Vita PSN release games are the most in history of Vita - PS blogcast

... damn blogcast is like 1hour and 30 mins long where is vita talk?

Heads up guys, if you get PS+, then leave, then come back, everything you got when you had PS+ before will still be there.

[quote name='Sonic9jct']Heads up guys, if you get PS+, then leave, then come back, everything you got when you had PS+ before will still be there.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Brave - $29.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Hamsterball - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rock of Ages - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Skyfighters - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Games
Birds of Steel
Derrick the Deathfin - $7.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Dishonored - $59.99
Joe Danger: The Movie - $14.99
Machinarium
Retro City Rampage - $14.99 - Cross Buy Support
Spelunker HD
Starhawk Singleplayer Campaign
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Warlords
Worms Revolution

Demos
XCom Enemy Unknown

Add-ons
Birds of Steel
Mass Effect 3
Tokyo Jungle
Warriors Orochi 3
WWE 13

Vita Games
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Spy Hunter
Sunflowers

The Starhawk SP announcement is interesting since they mentioned earlier that they had no plans to make it available to PSN members, so I guess "down the road" meant two weeks later.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Pretty sure he's trollin, that makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

No, he's right. I've stopped PS+ before, after restarting it every game I previously downloaded with it was back in my download history and all the games I still had on my hard drive worked again as well.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']No, he's right. I've stopped PS+ before, after restarting it every game I previously downloaded with it was back in my download history and all the games I still had on my hard drive worked again as well.[/QUOTE]

Just another troll.

[quote name='Tsel']Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Yep, but only if you actually hit download on the game page.

Man, I hope they get some better discounts by the end of October.

I was being sarcastic for those that didn't know. It's actually hard to tell whether or not some of you are being serious or trolling/just flat-out stupid.

[quote name='PimpLimp']fucking awesome! Retro City Rampage next week![/QUOTE]

Ya seriously what the fuck where the hell did that come from? Awesome! Small discount and I'm in! (I'll also take it for free PS+)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya seriously what the fuck where the hell did that come from? Awesome! Small discount and I'm in! (I'll also take it for free PS+)[/QUOTE]
The creator was dropping major hints about it in the past week on Twitter. He kept talking about making launch trailers and stuff like that.

I knew Retro City Rampage was coming to the Vita but had no idea it would support Cross Buy. EXTREMELY smart move on their part. Day 1 purchase for me.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya seriously what the fuck where the hell did that come from? Awesome! Small discount and I'm in! (I'll also take it for free PS+)[/QUOTE]Considering the game was almost single-handedly made by one individual, I think the chances of it ever being free on PS+ are slim and none. A discount would be nice though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The creator was dropping major hints about it in the past week on Twitter. He kept talking about making launch trailers and stuff like that.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't call talks about a launch trailer that much of a hint. This seemed pretty out of the blue to me.

[quote name='Tsel']I was being sarcastic for those that didn't know. It's actually hard to tell whether or not some of you are being serious or trolling/just flat-out stupid.[/QUOTE]

It makes it more fun that way.

[quote name='Tsel']
I was being sarcastic for those that didn't know.
It's actually hard to tell whether or not some of you
are being serious or trolling/just flat-out stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yes I am.

I spent over 100$ n didn't get any extra funds added to my wallet... Does it usually take a while ??

[quote name='wcl']I spent over 100$ n didn't get any extra funds added to my wallet... Does it usually take a while ??[/QUOTE]Pretty sure you wont get the extra $20 till October is over, seeing as how the promotion lasts the entire month. I'll go read the fine print and change this if I'm wrong.

[quote name='wcl']I spent over 100$ n didn't get any extra funds added to my wallet... Does it usually take a while ??[/QUOTE]
u will get it in nov

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Yep, but only if you actually hit download on the game page.

Man, I hope they get some better discounts by the end of October.[/QUOTE]
So is it not enough to just add free games to your cart and checkout so that they appear in your transaction history? Do you actually have to download each free ps+ game?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Derrick the Deathfin - $7.99
Joe Danger: The Movie - $14.99
Machinarium

Vita Games
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Sunflowers[/QUOTE]

Oh what the heck Sony I want all of these. Would it hurt to spread these freaking games out a little? Especially the Vita stuff. At least Retro City is cross buy, that's cool. Definitely buying Derrick, Joe Danger, Retro and Sunflowers (I think I read it's 3.99? Can't remember if that was something else)

[quote name='Trace17']Oh what the heck Sony I want all of these. Would it hurt to spread these freaking games out a little? Especially the Vita stuff. At least Retro City is cross buy, that's cool. Definitely buying Derrick, Joe Danger, Retro and Sunflowers (I think I read it's 3.99? Can't remember if that was something else)[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean there is a lot of good games coming out next week, I'm getting Derrick, Joe Danger 2, Retro City and maybe Doctor Who (depends on how is priced)

Has there ever been a deal on the Gravity Rush DLC (or any non-pinball Vita DLC, for that matter)? I'm not even close to the plat yet, but I'm enjoying it enough that I am highly likely to pick up the DLC anyway when I finish. Just wondering on precedence and whether it's worth waiting or not.

Looks like Retro is gonna be a day one for me.

I'm still surprised they are going to release it though, I could have sworn Microsoft was whining that they wouldn't allow it if it didn't release in the same week for both consoles (I remember this happening before too)

[quote name='AkariK']Has there ever been a deal on the Gravity Rush DLC (or any non-pinball Vita DLC, for that matter)? I'm not even close to the plat yet, but I'm enjoying it enough that I am highly likely to pick up the DLC anyway when I finish. Just wondering on precedence and whether it's worth waiting or not.[/QUOTE]

Outside of preorder bonuses, Escape Plan got discounted DLC for like 3 weeks. However, I don't advise the Gravity Daze DLC. While it's a good deal (for the content), the DLC seems to be required to max out certain skills. This implies they were intended to be part of the original game or they always intended it this way. Whatever the case, I don't honestly see this this is better than anything Capcom has done (since everyone calls out Capcom and leaves other games / companies alone).

The Unfinished Swan release date announced

The Unfinished Swan launches in Europe on 24th October 2012, Sony has announced.

The curious PlayStation Network paint throwing game costs £9.99 / €12.99.

If you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber the game launches a week early on 17th October.

The Unfinished Swan is made by indie developer Giant Sparrow with the help of Sony in the US. You throw blobs of paint onto the world to reveal it and, in the process, navigate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1o6vnKpUeg&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='tylerh1701']Well if a person only wants one of 13 games being offered for free, why the fuck would that person even consider signing up? Or coming here and bother saying that PS+ isn't worth it? No shit it's not worth it if you only want 1 of the 13 games being offered. I'm not gonna buy a 13 course meal if all I want are the fucking mashed potatos![/QUOTE]

Ok, well why in the fuck would most people assume that when somebody only mentions 2 fucking games that they care about that haven been "free" for PS+ at some point since they started offering free games say or imply that this person should definitely just get PS+ and/or berate the 1 person who actually has the common fucking sense to realize that he only mentioned 2 games in that category. I clearly stated that PS+ not being worth it was my opinion and I also said that for people who actually do have the interest and time to play the goddamn games then great, it's worth it.

Look, I wasn't trying to be a dick but everybody else was being a dick to that one fella for what you state as "the obvious" when he just had the common courtesy to not assume that I'm a fucking retard and that I've weighed out whether or not PS+ is economical for me. And on the flipside, no shit that it's worth it if you're going to actually play a lot of the free games and take advantage of the discounts, which I already said. However, this is just as obvious as what you state above yet people felt the need to state it as if it was a revelation before somebody finally used some common sense in their statement.

And I'm still not trying to be a dick but I'm not one that's just going to let that attitude fly towards myself or someone else regarding my statement or inquiry when it's unjustified. I was simply inquiring as to whether there had been any discounts on those particular games or if there was a reasonable possibility of seeing decent discounts on some of them in the future. And I thank you and the others who responded in that regard for the info. Also I know that you made the statement early on regarding PS+ to the effect of "...it depends on your preferences" so I wasn't pointing my finger at you in the latter portion of my last post. But I don't appreciate the whole "no shit..." diatribe, when the pendulum swings both ways. :whistle2:|

New Little King's Story is really great. I'd love to beg everyone who likes RPGs, sims and weird Japanese games to buy it, but they really made a misstep with the price. Even at $40, it's well worth it to me, but I hate to see games releasing that high. Then again, that's what all first-party Nintendo releases go for on their eshop, which is sad. I'd love to buy their entire catalog (well, minus Star Fox), but not at $40 a pop. Absurd.

I'm pretty sure you can, but I'd like to bounce this off of someone first. Since the new promo is spend 100 bucks, do you think it will apply to funds added to the account as well? Can I pick up two 50 dollar cards and purchase stuff of the marketplace that way? I figure I may as well get some best buy credit while I'm at it.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']I'm pretty sure you can, but I'd like to bounce this off of someone first. Since the new promo is spend 100 bucks, do you think it will apply to funds added to the account as well? Can I pick up two 50 dollar cards and purchase stuff of the marketplace that way? I figure I may as well get some best buy credit while I'm at it.[/QUOTE]

of course.

[quote name='Bosamba']The Unfinished Swan release date announced

The Unfinished Swan launches in Europe on 24th October 2012, Sony has announced.

The curious PlayStation Network paint throwing game costs £9.99 / €12.99.

If you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber the game launches a week early on 17th October.

The Unfinished Swan is made by indie developer Giant Sparrow with the help of Sony in the US. You throw blobs of paint onto the world to reveal it and, in the process, navigate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1o6vnKpUeg&feature=player_embedded[/QUOTE]

Mr. Sarfaty's beard is an inspiration to us all.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']New Little King's Story is really great. I'd love to beg everyone who likes RPGs, sims and weird Japanese games to buy it, but they really made a misstep with the price. Even at $40, it's well worth it to me, but I hate to see games releasing that high. Then again, that's what all first-party Nintendo releases go for on their eshop, which is sad. I'd love to buy their entire catalog (well, minus Star Fox), but not at $40 a pop. Absurd.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised anyone is anxious to play that generic looking remake. Looks like some garbage fanart that Gust would put in their games.

The creators left the studio before this halfassed project was in development( to join Grasshopper Manufacture I might add). Just get the real one. This shit looks like a joke.

I'm very interested in unfinished swan.

Question: i read a post that said you get a free dynamic theme with Nights, was that info false?

[quote name='Nochance']I'm surprised anyone is anxious to play that generic looking remake. Looks like some garbage fanart that Gust would put in their games.

The creators left the studio before this halfassed project was in development( to join Grasshopper Manufacture I might add). Just get the real one. This shit looks like a joke.[/QUOTE]
Troll Harder :roll:

The original game looks awful and is for a completely different system, so not really worth bringing up. With that being said, I got New Little King's Story and am actually pretty impressed with it. Sure some elements feel half assed and the whole same game, new story thing is complete bullshit, but if you need 40 dollars to hit 100 this month, I strongly suggest it.

[quote name='Nochance']I'm surprised anyone is anxious to play that generic looking remake. Looks like some garbage fanart that Gust would put in their games.

The creators left the studio before this halfassed project was in development( to join Grasshopper Manufacture I might add). Just get the real one. This shit looks like a joke.[/QUOTE]

Vita version has beautiful graphic.
For handheld game and for Vita game it is top of their lane,

though I do admit has frame issues,
regardless of that This IS great game.

Not just shitty re-make, or some garbage Gust makes (though I do lie gust games).
If you do have chance to play it, please do.
Yes $40 might seem bit to high for Vita PSN release game but To me it was well worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back