PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious did anyone preorder Dishonored and get something free from the PSN store. I pre-ordered NBA 2K13 and got the all-star DLC free last night. The fact that it wasn't advertised at all was a plus and its the same DLC from a Best Buy preorder. If we keep getting pre-order DLC I just might have to keep buying them up.

All i want from the psn store is better organization of your download history. Digging through 500-600 downloads is beyond a pain in the ass!

[quote name='shadowkast']All i want from the psn store is better organization of your download history. Digging through 500-600 downloads is beyond a pain in the ass![/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is one of the most annoying things about it.

Does anyone know if the relaunch will destroy any credit we have in our accounts? I want that $20 for $100 deal and have some credit in my account. With the way Sony has handled it's market in the past, I'd be worried that they'd somehow delete all the credit I have in my wallet now.

[quote name='shadowkast']All i want from the psn store is better organization of your download history. Digging through 500-600 downloads is beyond a pain in the ass![/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. Browsing through your download history on the 360 isn't any better. It reminds me of a interview years ago with some from Microsoft. They mentioned that when they were originally designing the UI they never imagined just how much DLC would actually end up being released.

[quote name='shadowkast']all i want from the psn store is better organization of your download history. Digging through 500-600 downloads is beyond a pain in the ass![/quote]

+1

[quote name='themidgardknight']Yeah, this is one of the most annoying things about it.

Does anyone know if the relaunch will destroy any credit we have in our accounts? I want that $20 for $100 deal and have some credit in my account. With the way Sony has handled it's market in the past, I'd be worried that they'd somehow delete all the credit I have in my wallet now.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt you'd lose anything.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but do the 1 year PS+ subscription codes require a credit card on file?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I don't have one on file.

There really isnt much excuse from Microsoft or Sony for not letting us sort download history. Its just fucking retarded to not have a sort option.

PSN is a great service, but I personally have trouble finding what I am looking for, understanding the whole purchase/dowload process, and just the basic operations.

I am scared to delete anything from my HD, because I am not sure I can download it again. Like DLC maps that come with games, or pre order weapons, or whatever. I usually have to uninstall games to free up space to play new games (40gig), so I have some things like UC3 codes that I leave on there, since I haven't played the game yet.

i think there have just been a few exceptions of not being able to redownload something you already bought.
I know one exception was that Flow game that was a 1day free dl, but isn't shown as purchased or in dl list.

[quote name='Velo214']i think there have just been a few exceptions of not being able to redownload something you already bought.
I know one exception was that Flow game that was a 1day free dl, but isn't shown as purchased or in dl list.[/QUOTE]

Streets of rage 2 and golden axe

[quote name='tylerh1701']+1[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is so annoying for preorder DLC and games removed from the store in my history since I can't just go find them in the store.

[quote name='Velo214']streets of rage 2 and golden axe aren't available to download anymore? if i remember, i got those free from ps+, right?[/QUOTE]

yes but they were removed so you can't download them anymore and yes it was free from playstation plus any game is free is taken out from the download list, except if you paid for it, then it will still be in your download list.

Those are the rules

I do not like the new PS store design, its looks too much like the Xbox dashboard for my taste. I like psn the way it is now they just need to improve the search function and add categories to the download list

[quote name='realit3y']yes but they were removed so you can't download them anymore and yes it was free from playstation plus any game is free is taken out from the download list, except if you paid for it, then it will still be in your download list.

Those are the rules[/QUOTE]
Wait a minute. Did something change or are you giving bad info? I remember specifically that it used to be any game you added to your download list was there forever to DL as long as your a plus member and they didnt take it off the store. Or am I confusing something here?

[quote name='wrencrest']Wait a minute. Did something change or are you giving bad info? I remember specifically that it used to be any game you added to your download list was there forever to DL as long as your a plus member and they didnt take it off the store. Or am I confusing something here?[/QUOTE]

the thing is like this:

PS Plus --» Free game dl ---» PS Plus rans out ---» Game dissapears from dl list --» Ps Plus subscription again --» games appear again on dl list.

Now the scenario of Streets of rage 2 and Golden Axe which were taken out from the store and were free games.

PS Plus --» Streets of Rage ---» PS Plus rans out ---» Game dissapears from dl list --» Ps Plus subscription again --» Game will not reappear on dl list.

Every other game has long as it is on the store it will be on your download list, however only if you had paid for Streets of Rage 2 or Golden Axe you would still have it on your download list, but since you didn't pay for it and it was free when it was taken out, it was in fact really taken out.

[quote name='realit3y']the thing is like this:

PS Plus --» Free game dl ---» PS Plus rans out ---» Game dissapears from dl list --» Ps Plus subscription again --» games appear again on dl list.

Now the scenario of Streets of rage 2 and Golden Axe which were taken out from the store and were free games.

PS Plus --» Streets of Rage ---» PS Plus rans out ---» Game dissapears from dl list --» Ps Plus subscription again --» Game will not reappear on dl list.

Every other game has long as it is on the store it will be on your download list, however only if you had paid for Streets of Rage 2 or Golden Axe you would still have it on your download list, but since you didn't pay for it and it was free when it was taken out, it was in fact really taken out.[/QUOTE]
yeah okay then it was the way you worded it made me think you thought all free plus games were removed from the DL list, not just those where they are taken off the store. Or when your plus sub runs out.

[quote name='wrencrest']yeah okay then it was the way you worded it made me think you thought all free plus games were removed from the DL list, not just those where they are taken off the store. Or when your plus sub runs out.[/QUOTE]

yes the same will happen when zen pinball 1 was given for free, now that zen pinball 1 dlc has been taken out from the store it isn't available to redownload unless you paid for it, or if you're subscription never worn off that's the only other possibility (though the last one I'm not sure someone who has downloaded sf2 and golden axe would have to try this one out) for example if someone maintained a ps plus subscription till 2015 just an example)

damn. i had 100% on golden axe, but still needed 10 onlines wins for streets of rage 2. i remember getting like 5 wins, but it was too laggy. I guess that rules out boosting on my other ps3 with my wife cuz i didnt dl it in there yet. any one with streets of rage 2 wanna knock out that online trophy? should take 5 minutes while its on my mind/;)

[quote name='Velo214']damn. i had 100% on golden axe, but still needed 10 onlines wins for streets of rage 2. i remember getting like 5 wins, but it was too laggy. I guess that rules out boosting on my other ps3 with my wife cuz i didnt dl it in there yet. any one with streets of rage 2 wanna knock out that online trophy? should take 5 minutes while its on my mind/;)[/QUOTE]

Did you ever let your Plus subscription lapse? That's what reality is saying, that if for some reason, you let it lapse, then those games won't come back.

Granted, I don't trust anything he says and would need someone to verify that.

[quote name='Velo214']damn. i had 100% on golden axe, but still needed 10 onlines wins for streets of rage 2. i remember getting like 5 wins, but it was too laggy. I guess that rules out boosting on my other ps3 with my wife cuz i didnt dl it in there yet. any one with streets of rage 2 wanna knock out that online trophy? should take 5 minutes while its on my mind/;)[/QUOTE]

Just log into https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action in there you can see your complete download list by purchases by date then just go around the date you downloaded it and you'll see if it is there.

Mine streets of rage 2 isn't there nor is golden axe, and yes I downloaded it then my ps plus lapsed out, and I re-joined Europe ps plus but I don't think region will differ since this is worlwide known and therefore streets of rage 2 and golden axe won't be back no more.

"+ Morgan Haro on October 11th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:
No, that’s likely a screenshot from a different region; likely EU. The NA Store will of course sport the new look and design and functionality, but to be clear, those screens may not reflect pricing on products as they pertain to NA."

[quote name='kannofan']I just saw that PSN is going to be redesigned in a couple of weeks.

Check the image, though--it appears that Resident Evil 5 will be the next big free PS Plus game:

PSN Redesign[/QUOTE]
no morgan said that’s likely a screenshot from a different region; likely EU. The NA Store will of course sport the new look and design and functionality, but to be clear, those screens may not reflect pricing on products as they pertain to NA.

[quote name='kannofan']I just saw that PSN is going to be redesigned in a couple of weeks.

Check the image, though--it appears that Resident Evil 5 will be the next big free PS Plus game:

PSN Redesign[/QUOTE]

Like others have said, it's most likely EU. Also you have to remember that EU gets it first, so yeah.

[quote name='rpg']no morgan said that’s likely a screenshot from a different region; likely EU. The NA Store will of course sport the new look and design and functionality, but to be clear, those screens may not reflect pricing on products as they pertain to NA.[/QUOTE]

You just 4900 trophies rpg49ers you are going to let your trophy card stay like that?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']But why is it a dollar sign? Shouldn't it be the sign for british pounds?[/QUOTE]

Those are mockups they just changed the sign to dollars from the EU store. nothing else

[quote name='realit3y']You just 4900 trophies rpg49ers you are going to let your trophy card stay like that?[/QUOTE]
didnt even notice that

when i log in and upload my trophies i should have 8more but ill stop when i hit 4949:^o

[quote name='rpg']didnt even notice that

when i log in and upload my trophies i should have 8more but ill stop when i hit 4949:^o[/QUOTE]

Very nice =P I am waiting for my next milestone to get Vic Boss xD. (random side note)

@ Velo

I will. I already got it, but whatever. Just make sure it happens before the new BL 2 DLC comes out as I got to do that asap. I want to see what my level 50 mechromancer can really do!

@ Money

I let mine lapse and got my games back.

[quote name='admiralvic']@ Money

I let mine lapse and got my games back.[/QUOTE]Same here. My PS+ subscription lapsed last month and I was without PS+ for a couple weeks. I just checked my download list and I have BOTH Golden Axe and Streets of Rage 2 sitting there.

I think gettinmoney had the right idea here, realit3y really can't be trusted without verification.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Same here. My PS+ subscription lapsed last month and I was without PS+ for a couple weeks. I just checked my download list and I have BOTH Golden Axe and Streets of Rage 2 sitting there.

I think gettinmoney had the right idea here, realit3y really can't be trusted without verification.[/QUOTE]

On europe on my download list they don't appear there maybe it is a deal exclusive on US that they haven't taken it out, but if check on xbox they were both taken out.

Regarding Zen pinball 1 if you downloaded it for free which I didn't, have you still got it into your download list?

That would be one way to check it since that was taken out worlwide.

[quote name='realit3y']On europe on my download list they don't appear there maybe it is a deal exclusive on US that they haven't taken it out, but if check on xbox they were both taken out.

Regarding Zen pinball 1 if you downloaded it for free which I didn't, have you still got it into your download list?

That would be one way to check it since that was taken out worlwide.[/QUOTE]I don't believe I was a PS+ at the time of the first Zen Pinball being free, so I can't speak to that.

But I'm happy to know that after I replaced my PS3's HDD not too long ago, never re-downloaded Golden Axe and Streets of Rage 2, and then let my PS+ sub lapse, I can still download them :D

[quote name='realit3y']On europe on my download list they don't appear there maybe it is a deal exclusive on US that they haven't taken it out, but if check on xbox they were both taken out.

That would be one way to check it since that was taken out worlwide.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong (like what appears to be usual). I got a EU account that had plus and everything I downloaded via plus has a blue bag icon, which means they kept track of what my account had. If you want to give me a free month of plus or pay for 3 months, then I will gladly verify that they will appear, but I count the blue bags (same as US btw) will turn red with plus. What most likely happened is that something was lost or you never actually downloaded it. I was 100% sure I downloaded Crash 1 - 3 + CTR, but when I was looking for a ps1 game to try on my Vita, none of them appeared in my download list. My Plus had lapsed during this time, so that could be it, but I assume I just mixed something up.

Now I don't know if any other games except zen pinball were free but here's a list of de-listed games or de-listed dlc so basically try to see if any one of these were free and if you re-enabled ps plus after the lapse if you still got it, I'm not speaking of purchased one which you paid for, but purchased ones that were free.

De-listed games:
Catan
Diner Dash
Dream Chronicles
Fairytale Fights (PSN)
GTI Club + Rally Cote D'Azur
Mainichi Issho
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
Misato Katsuragi News Project
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine
NBA: Unrivaled
OutRun Online Arcade
Page Chronica
Punisher: No Mercy
Storm
TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled
Wanted Corp
Wheel Of Fortune
Zen Pinball

Damn, was hoping that was a sly reveal for RE5 free for PS+. The way they denied it in the comments, it's definitely the one game we can eliminate getting for free next week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...g-october-23rd/comment-page-1/#comment-767038

We know that searching the “My Downloads” list is important to a lot of you guys. Because the new PlayStation Store is built on HTML 5, it gives us the flexibility to seamlessly add new features and capabilities, so there is certainly potential to look at this more closely. But for Day One, the download list functionality will be as is. But we’re aware of the improvement opportunity here.
Seems like the big reason for the redesign was to get the PS Store onto a new foundation that was much more easily modifiable for new features in the future.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...g-october-23rd/comment-page-1/#comment-767038

Seems like the big reason for the redesign was to get the PS Store onto a new foundation that was much more easily modifiable for new features in the future.[/QUOTE]

Let«s hope that they infact change the download list easier because knowing that on day one you won't be able to search better it will be the same thing, as it has been for now.

I don't know why they have that RE screenshot as the main image for that post, but this looks like the main PS Store interface that you'll be using:

8077704844_bba57d0a56_z.jpg

I guess clicking on the RE Collection spot brings you to that main image.

Screenshot_18.jpg.jpg

Game pages will show add-ons and such on that page without being ignorant of all related content like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back